Former media baron Peter Mukerjea was recently subjected to lie detector test.
Former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea is one of the four prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
A special court here on Monday extended the CBI custody by a day -- till Tuesday -- of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea, one of the four prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
CBI is expected to receive information from Interpol on the details of an account opened by Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case,in a bank in Hong Kong.
Family members of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar on Monday questioned CBI's "lack" of progress in the case related to his murder, pointing out how quickly the agency had moved in the high-profile Sheena Bora murder case.
They had gone to watch 'Tamasha' but the outing turned out to be a shameful 'Tamasha' with them playing the lead.
The video captured by one of his fellow travelers shows the young man trying to desperately cling to life.
A Shani temple in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district was cleansed ceremonially after a woman entered the temple and offered oil on it, breaking its 400-year-old tradition.
The Solapur local bodies seat is likely to become a bone of contention between Congress and NCP as the two parties discuss a tie-up for the elections next month to eight seats in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Instead of the earlier slabs of Rs 10, 20, 30 and 40, the new structure will have five slabs of Rs 10, 20, 25, 35 and 45.
The commuter, identified as Namrata Mahajan, had posted the tweet, which was directed to Prabhu's handle @RailMinIndia, at 6.59 pm while she was passing through Shegaon railway station on Thursday.
Currently, prohibition of liquor is enforced in districts of Wardha, Gadchiroli and Chandrapur in the state.
Suresh Mirghe, the then police inspector of Pen police station in Raigad, has told CBI that he had sent samples of Sheena Bora's burn remains to the state run JJ Hospital and the Forensic Science Laboratory in Kalina for examination in 2012 but did not received any reports until his transfer in 2014.
Four ministers from BJP along with an identical number from the NDA's smaller members and two Shiv Sena leaders will be included in the council of ministers.
All the four accused who are minors have been taken into custody.
Claiming that RSS activists have been indicted in at least 13 terror cases across India, former Maharashtra inspector general of police SM Mushrif on Thursday described the Hindutva outfit as India's No 1 terrorist organisation.
The NCP and Congress have decided to fight the upcoming Maharashtra Legislative Council polls together, state NCP chief Sunil Tatkare said here on Thursday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday said his government was not in favour of opening dance bars and would explore legal options after Supreme Court asked it to implement its order in this regard.
The CBI said that both Indrani and Peter formed various companies between 2006-07 and invested nearly Rs 900 crore.
The Supreme Court raised questions over the Maharashtra government's laws banning dance bars.
On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel.
NCP president Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said he would not be surprised if there is mid-term poll in Maharashtra soon after BMC (Mumbai municipal corporation) elections.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Eknath Khadse on Wednesday said Aamir Khan's comments were part of "conspiracy" to defame the government.
CBI is likely to seek extension of police custody of media baron Peter Mukherjea in Sheena murder case.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmed Javed on Wednesday said parents have a pivotal role to play to guard against the youngsters joining terror outfit ISIS.
Over one lakh school students from across the city are expected to participate in a programme to recite the preamble of the Constitution of India at Yashwant Stadium here on Thursday to mark the Constitution Day.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday refused to be drawn into the controversy over Aamir Khan's remarks on rising intolerance even as the ruling alliance partner Shiv Sena has hit out at the superstar.
The Congress and NCP are likely to formalise their pre-poll alliance next week for the upcoming elections to the eight seats of the Legislative Council from the self-government bodies in Maharashtra.
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- 9th standard girl delivers baby in school washroom
- Is Russia using white phosphorus on civilian areas in Syria?
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna reveals list of Indrani Mukerjea's influential friends
- Paris summit: PM Modi pulls up rich nations on climate change
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Watch: Firing at a construction site in Mumbai, one injured
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- Shocking! Class 9 student delivers baby in school washroom
- 'Someone' in Pak High Commission in Delhi was part of ISI spy ring?
- Meet 'Iraqi Rambo' Abu Azrael; this 'Angel of Death' has killed over 1,500 Islamic State terrorists
- Shah Rukh Khan backs Aamir Khan on intolerance row, says he was misquoted
- Sonia Gandhi in US for regular medical checkup: Congress
- Filmmaker Ali Akbar was 'sexually abused in Kerala madrasa', says nobody speaks out of fear
- REVEALED: Why China were up in the air – Watch
- PM Modi eighth in TIME Person of the Year Poll
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- India vs SA: DDCA still mum on Virender Sehwag's felicitation