BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has said he has written to the Centre asking for a special commemorative stamp be released in honour of late Sena chief Bal Thackeray.
Six months after the attack on French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo in Paris, the incident continues to haunt Shirin Dalvi in Mumbai. The former editor of Urdu newspaper "Avadhnama" Dalvi is an indirect victim of the damage wreaked by the attack.
Congress on Monday said that money wasted in installing LED lights at Mumbai's iconic Marine Drive should be recovered from Union Energy minister Piyush Goyal who had insisted on replacing the sodium vapour lamps at the seafront.
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court here on Monday issued summons to the witnesses for recording of evidence in journalist J Dey murder case.
Former Maharashtra Minister Pratapsinh Mohite-Patil on Monday passed away at a private hospital here after a brief illness.
With the Simhasta Kumbh Mela round the corner, the temple town of Nashik was on Monday connected to Pune by a seaplane service, an official said.
In a bid to provide justice to aggrieved people of the state, the Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission (MSHRC) is conducting a three-day programme for hearing of cases at divisional level only instead of calling them here.
Three wagons of a goods train heading to Daulatabad from Nhava Shewa port close to Mumbai derailed near Igatpuri station on Monday morning.
Seaplane service operator Mehair will launch its first flight service between Nashik and Pune on Monday after it had to suspend its earlier launch due to inclement weather.
Shiv Sena will get absolute majority in Maharashtra one day if the people of the state decide to do so, party president Uddhav Thackeray said here on Sunday.
In a move that would benefit public as well as private sector employees in Maharashtra, the state government is planning to bring down to 90 the number of working days to avail paid holiday from the present 240 days.
Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde on Saturday said they just want to strengthen the Madrasa education.
Scores of locals from Mumbra, a Muslim pocket here, burnt effigies of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to protest against the state government's decision to de-recognise madrasas which impart only religious education.
Amid outrage over Maharashtra government's decision to de-recognise madrasas which only educate students on Islam, the Shiv Sena Saturday said the move should not be seen as one intended to strike a blow to religious education in the state.
Navi Mumbai Police here claimed to have solved the case of abduction and murder of a Airoli girl with the arrest of her uncle, who killed the 8-year-old for revenge.
The Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has summoned the Yavatmal collector over the spate of suicides reported among Kolam tribal farmers of this district in the past few months, an activist said here on Saturday.
As many as 32 people, including 17 women, were arrested in a raid at a bar here, police said on Saturday.
Impressed with the progress of Maharashtra's 'Jal Yukt Shivar Abhiyan,' Rajashtan may also adopt the state's flagship water conservation and Integrated water management scheme.
Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani has claimed that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his close associate, Chhota Shakeel, had offered to surrender to Indian authorities in the 90s, but the then-Maharashtra chief minister Sharad Pawar had rejected the offer.
Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde, who is currently battling corruption charges, on Saturday claimed that the allegations against her are a conspiracy.
Union Minister Muktar Abbas Naqvi on Friday sought to allay apprehensions of Muslim community over the decision of the BJP-led Government in Maharashtra to de-recognise Madrasas which impart only religious education, saying Madrasas "are a reality of India" and "there should be no politics on the issue".
Software major Microsoft has agreed to support 'digital villages' in Maharashtra and develop a 'smart MIDC' apart from setting up a cyber-security centre in Pune.
Resident doctors posted at state government and municipal hospitals across Maharashtra called off their two-day strike following an amicable settlement of a majority of their demands, a top leader of the doctors said here on Friday.
The striking doctors called off their strike in Maharashtra on Friday.
Bring down noise pollution levels during festivals, the Bombay High Court sternly told the Maharashtra government on Friday while giving a last chance to the Chief Secretary to file an affidavit identifying officers responsible for not implementing court directives on the issue.
With an increase in number of incidents where children and women in state-run shelter homes are sexually and physically abused, the Maharashtra government on Friday told the Bombay High Court that it will soon install CCTV cameras in all such facilities.
The Youth Congress on Friday staged a protest against Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde, who is currently battling corruption charges.
An assistant police inspector from the traffic department was arrested by the ACB for allegedly taking bribe, police said on Friday.
The Bombay High Court on Friday dismissed a public interest litigation challenging the appointments of the vice-chancellors of Mumbai University and Shivaji University in Kolhapur after finding no merit in it.
Body of an 8-year-old school student, who went 'missing' after being allegedly abducted on Monday evening, was found in the jungles of Bhayander here, police said on Friday.
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues!
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Am glad my mother is back home: Esha Deol
- Fara Williams seals bronze for England at Women`s World Cup
- Hizbul Mujahideen chief Salahuddin still wants to come back: Dulat