CBI on Monday sought further time to file chargesheet against the gangster Chhota Rajan in the journalist J Dey murder case but a special court gave the agency the deadline of August five.
The case pertaining to Rs 933 crore loss due to the illegal sale of state lottery will be transferred to the CBI, the Maharashtra government said today.
Maharashtra CID would seek custody of Virendra Tawde, alleged member of right-wing group Sanatan Sanstha who has been arrested in rationalist Narendra Dabholkar murder case, to ascertain if there was a conspiracy linking the killings of activist Govind Pansare and Dabholkar, the probe agency informed the Bombay High Court on Monday.
Under Section 5 of the MTP Act, pregnancy beyond 20 weeks could be terminated only if there is a threat to the life of the mother.
Slamming the BJP-led state government over the gangrape and murder of a minor girl here, MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Monday said there was a need for a law like Sharia (Islamic) to check serious crimes against women and children.
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Monday admitted to a virtual breakdown in communication with the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) national leadership.
An old woman was killed and dozen others were injured when the single-storeyed building came crashing down to the ground due to a gas cylinder explosion.
In a shameful incident, two dalit youths were brutally beaten up by 25 people in Maharashtra's Beed.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) on Sunday arrested a 24-year-old youth from Parbhani district in Marathwada region for suspected ISIS links.
Wondering how long attacks on the security forces will go on in Kashmir, Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday demanded that India be proclaimed a 'Hindu state'.
A retired police dog named `Tiger` passed away on Saturday.
The National Investigation Agency on June 29 busted an IS module.
The Adarsh Society building, originally intended to be a six-storey structure to house Kargil War heroes and widows, was later transformed into a 100-metre tall tower.
In more trouble for controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, one of his close aides was arrested by the Maharashtra ATS and the Kerala Police in a joint operation for alleged terror links late on Thursday.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a 16-year-old Dalit boy was allegedly killed by family members of an upper caste girl with whom he was in love with in Navi Mumbai.
The Pune-based Film and Television Institute has adopted a slew of tough measures aimed at creating a peaceful environment for its students.
Peter Mukerjea, a co-accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, was fond of late night parties and pretty young women, revealed the former wife of the ex-Star India CEO.
Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil on Wednesday posed an embarrassing question to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party-Shiv Sena alliance government on how 'tur dal' costs Rs 120/kg for the poor in fair price (ration) shops, but only Rs 99 in malls where the wealthy shop.
A CBI witnesses has claimed that Peter Mukerjea, former media baron and an accused in Sheena Bora murder case, had "no morals" and had many women in his life.
Slamming senior Congress leader Narayan Rane over his allegation that criminals were joining the BJP, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
Excise inspector Sandip Maruti Sabale had died three years ago in a road accident.
The management of Mumbai city's famous 'Siddhivinayak' Temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesh, has announced that the temple trust will now accept shares as donations.
Two high-speed patrol boats of Indian Navy, which are used for security of assets in the waters around Mumbai, on Tuesday sank at the naval dockyard here following a fire that broke out in one of the vessels.
Jaidev, Thackeray's estranged son, has challenged the Sena supremo's will of December 2011 which bequeaths a large chunk of the estate to Uddhav and does not give him anything.
Several dance bar and hotel owners in Mumbai on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court challenging the constitutional validity of the government's new law alleging that it results in banning of dance performances by artistes.
Fire broke out aboard a patrol boat at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai in the early hours of Tuesday, officials said. There was no loss of life.
Social activist Anna Hazare today sought death penalty for those accused of brutally raping and killing a 15-year-old girl at a village in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district.
The good rainfall in catchment areas has led to a considerable rise in levels of water reservoirs, though BMC said the stock was "satisfactory", but not "sufficient".
The gangrape and murder of a 15-year-old girl at Kopardi village in Ahmednagar district figured in the Maharashtra Assembly for the second day today as the opposition members wore black badges to condemn the crime.
Amid uproarious scenes in the Maharashtra assembly, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday made a detailed statement on the gang-rape and murder of a schoolgirl.
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'
- RSS must come clean on funds collected on Guru Purnima: Digvijaya Singh