Mumbai terror attack convict David Headley's deposition, which entered the third day on Wednesday before the Special Mumbai court, was adjourned till tomorrow due to technical glitch in video-conferencing.
Fundamental rights of a citizen are above customs and traditions, the government submitted before the court.
Amruta said, “I don’t believe in any kind of miracle and Guruwanand Swami gave me the chain as his blessing.”
It took six surgeries within a year of the attacks and many physiotherapy sessions that Rotawan walked without the crutches.
The Enforcement Directorate on Monday told a special court here that former MP Sameer Bhujbal, nephew of NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal, had floated several companies to channel and launder proceeds of "criminal activity".
On seeing the police, the 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang attacked them with stones and firearms.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
Four suspected members of the notorious 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang were arrested in the wee hours on Monday in an encounter with police after they robbed an elderly couple in suburban Borivali.
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Sunday said there should be no discrimination between men and women trying to enter the Shani Shingnapur temple.
Two-wheeler pillion riders too will now have to wear helmets in Maharashtra with the state Transport department on Saturday issuing a circular to this effect as per the orders of the Bombay High Court.
The ongoing row over the entry of women in the Shani Shingnapur Temple at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra is likely to come to an end after both the parties on Saturday agreed to accept the decision of Mahasrashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on the issue.
Hearing on prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea's bail plea will begin in the Mumbai Sessions' court on Saturday.
In a bid to end the deadlock over allowing women to enter Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra, the District Administration of Ahmednagar called for a meeting on Saturday between protestors and the temple management.
At a hearing in the special court where the mafia don was produced via video-link from Delhi's Tihar Jail, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) prosecutor Bharat Badami informed special judge SS Adkar that first, Chhota Rajan had given his consent for the voice test, but later refused it.
Indrani Mukerjea is currently lodged at the Byculla women's jail in Mumbai.
Chhota Rajan has said he would agree to give voice samples only after consulting his lawyers.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday ordered a probe into the fire at the Deonar dumping ground.
The Mumbai Police detained a 25-year-old man for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl from Dindoshi suburb of Goregaon area.
Mumbai: A man allegedly tried to commit suicide inside social activist Anna Hazare's office in Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra, police said on Thursday.
A special court on Thursday granted permission to the CBI to question three accused in the Sheena Bora murder case - Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai - in jail after the agency said some "new facts" have emerged.
A few onlookers showed exemplary courage and nabbed two of the attackers, while the third attacker managed to escape.
Former chief minister Ashok Chavan is currently a Lok Sabha member from Maharashtra and chief of the state unit of the Congress party.
The smoke from the fire had engulfed the city's skyline sending pollution readings to an alarming level.
Besides Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the event will be attended by leaders from 56 countries and 10,000 delegates.
A special court here on Tuesday sent Nationalist Congress Party leader Samir Bhujbal to the custody of Enforcement Directorate till February 8.
Former Bollywood actress and BJP Lok Sabha member Hema Malini, currently under fire over a land allotment, has now been accused of destroying mangroves on a plot allotted to her in the 1990s.
Samir's arrest was preceded by multiple searches in Mumbai conducted by the ED in connection with its money laundering probe against Chhagan Bhujbal and others.
In what could spell more trouble for BJP MP Hema Malini who is caught in a land allotment controversy, a fresh RTI query revealed that the actress allegedly violated the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Act by destroying mangroves on a plot previously given to her at Versova, for which a notice was served to her in 1998.
TMC leaders Tuesday described the bid by Congress and the Left to forge an alliance for the upcoming assembly polls as "a desperate attempt" by them to remain relevant in state politics.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Tuesday accused the government of deliberately targeting its leaders and said power and government machinery were misused in the arrest of party leader Chhagan Bhujbal`s nephew.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Will Pak take action against Hafiz Saeed and Lakhvi after Headley's revelations?
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- ICC U-19 World Cup, semi-final: India vs Sri Lanka - As it happened...
- Pakistan's ISI provided moral, financial support to LeT for 26/11 Mumbai attacks: David Headley's big revelations
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Salman Khan’s new look as ‘Sultan’: Valentine's Day special- See Pic