In a recovery which could prove to be a fresh lead in the Sheena Bora murder case, Mumbai Police on Sunday recovered a suitcase from the residential premises of Indrani and Peter Mukerjea, situated in Worli area here.
Striking FTII students were awaiting a feedback from the Information and Broadcasting Ministry after the August 21 visit of its three-member delegation which held talks with various stakeholders to end the now 80-day stir, even as demonstrations remained subdued on the campus today.
The sensational Sheena Bora murder mystery today produced a new twist with police admitting that no case of murder or accidental death was registered after her human remains were recovered in Pen taluk of Raigad three years ago, that raises questions.
With Maharashtra facing a drought-like situation, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will visit affected areas of the state including Marathwada, Ahmednagar and Solapur districts from September 1 to take stock of situation.
Facing the heat over botching-up the Sheena Bora murder case, the Raigad Police on Saturday ordered a fresh inquiry into why a case was not registered in 2012 even after the remains of Sheena Bora's body was found.
As the mysterious Sheena Bora murder case is getting murkier with each passing day, Mumbai Police on Saturday, in a significant development, recovered the car in which the 25-year-old was killed, ANI quoted sources as saying.
As investigators waddled through an intriguing web of lies and deceit in the Sheena Bora murder case, the Mumbai Police brought main accused, Indrani Mukerjea, to the Khar Police station for interrogation on Saturday.
The Agra unit of the Shiv Sena has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for every Hindu family which has five children.
Classmates of an Army officer killed during the 1999 Kargil war raised funds to renovate and rename the cadets' mess at their alma mater Sainik School here to commemorate his supreme sacrifice.
As the murder mystery of Sheena Bora continues to unfold with stories of sleaze, betrayal and family feud, a report on Saturday said that Indrani Mukerjea's driver Shyam Rai had revealed all to his friend in a bar here two months ago.
Skeletal remains of Sheena Bora, who was murdered on April 24, 2012, will be sent for forensic and DNA tests on Saturday.
As investigators waddled through an intriguing web of lies and deceit in the Sheena Bora murder case, police on Friday recovered Sheena Bora's passport from Dehradun, exposing Indrani Mukerjea's claim that Sheena was "studying in the US".
The inaugural 'Shahi Snan' (royal bath) at the ongoing Simhastha Kumbh Mela proved to be a damp squib due to poor turnout, organisers said here on Saturday.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria on late Friday evening confirmed that the third accused - Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna - in the Sheena Bora murder case, has confessed to his complicity in the crime.
As the murder mystery of Sheena Bora continues to surprise the nation, a report says Indrani Mukerjea, aka Pari, had run away from her home in Assam, when she was studying in tenth standard.
The mass appeal of Hardik Patel in Gujarat "does not augur well for the BJP", the Shiv Sena said on Friday, calling him "a hero" who had punctured claims that Gujarat was a peaceful state.
Sanjeev Khanna, the former husband of Indrani Mukherjea, arrested in connection with the Sheena Bora murder case, was today remanded in Mumbai police custody till August 31 by the court of Bandra Metropolitan Magistrate.
Zee Media has accessed some exclusive pictures of the spot in a Raigad forest where the body of Sheena Bora was dumped. Sheena was the daughter of Indrani Mukerjea, wife of former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea.
Yet another startling fact has come to the fore in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case.
A local court on Friday allowed the application filed by lawyer of Indrani Mukherjea, accused in the murder case of her daughter Sheena Bora, seeking permission to meet her.
Was there a fifth man in Indrani Mukerjea's life? If speculation is to go by, then yes!
As Mumbai Police continues to probe the minute details of the high-profile Sheena Bora murder case, reports on Friday said that Indrani Mukerjea's daughter was pregnant, when she was allegedly murdered by her mother.
Former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, husband of arrested media tycoon Indrani Mukerjea, has now made a U-turn after initially claiming that he was unaware that murdered Sheena Bora was his wife's daughter and not sister.
Amid reports that crucial DNA samples in the Sheena Bora murder case may have been lost, Mumbai Police confirmed on Friday that it has identified the DNA samples of the body which was supposedly of Sheena Bora.
Mikhail Bora, the son of Indrani Mukerjea, was brought to Mumbai by a police team on Friday for questioning in connection with his sister Sheena Bora's murder case.
Arrested media baron Indrani Mukherjea, accused of murdering her daughter Sheena Bora, on Thursday broke down during questioning by the Mumbai Police.
The Mumbai Police will on Friday question Sanjeev Khanna, said to be the second husband of Indrani Mukherjea, in the murder case of Sheena Bora.
The Bombay High Court will commence hearing from Friday on a petition filed by the Maharashtra government seeking confirmation of the death penalty given to Himayat Baig, the lone convict in the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria on Monday night said the police have a fair idea of the motive behind the murder of Sheena Bora but declined to elaborate saying the "third accused" (Sanjeev Khanna) was yet to be interrogated.
More murky details emerged in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case that became curiouser and curiouser as former STAR CEO Peter Mukherjea on Thursday went back on his claims admitting that Sheena had told him that she was not his wife Indrani's sister.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Watch: Wife caught husband with his girlfriend at Goa airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Pak targets civilian areas in Jammu; 2 killed, 16 injured
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Sheena murder case: Peter Mukherjea records his statement in Khar police station
- Sheena Bora murder case: All possible theories behind killing fail?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Pakistan summons Indian High Commissioner over ceasefire violations
- Sheena murder probe intensifies as Indrani, her ex-husband, driver grilled jointly; Peter submits statement