Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Sunday said there should be no discrimination between men and women trying to enter the Shani Shingnapur temple.
Two-wheeler pillion riders too will now have to wear helmets in Maharashtra with the state Transport department on Saturday issuing a circular to this effect as per the orders of the Bombay High Court.
The ongoing row over the entry of women in the Shani Shingnapur Temple at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra is likely to come to an end after both the parties on Saturday agreed to accept the decision of Mahasrashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on the issue.
Hearing on prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea's bail plea will begin in the Mumbai Sessions' court on Saturday.
In a bid to end the deadlock over allowing women to enter Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra, the District Administration of Ahmednagar called for a meeting on Saturday between protestors and the temple management.
At a hearing in the special court where the mafia don was produced via video-link from Delhi's Tihar Jail, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) prosecutor Bharat Badami informed special judge SS Adkar that first, Chhota Rajan had given his consent for the voice test, but later refused it.
Indrani Mukerjea is currently lodged at the Byculla women's jail in Mumbai.
Chhota Rajan has said he would agree to give voice samples only after consulting his lawyers.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday ordered a probe into the fire at the Deonar dumping ground.
The Mumbai Police detained a 25-year-old man for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl from Dindoshi suburb of Goregaon area.
Mumbai: A man allegedly tried to commit suicide inside social activist Anna Hazare's office in Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra, police said on Thursday.
A special court on Thursday granted permission to the CBI to question three accused in the Sheena Bora murder case - Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai - in jail after the agency said some "new facts" have emerged.
A few onlookers showed exemplary courage and nabbed two of the attackers, while the third attacker managed to escape.
Former chief minister Ashok Chavan is currently a Lok Sabha member from Maharashtra and chief of the state unit of the Congress party.
The smoke from the fire had engulfed the city's skyline sending pollution readings to an alarming level.
Besides Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the event will be attended by leaders from 56 countries and 10,000 delegates.
A special court here on Tuesday sent Nationalist Congress Party leader Samir Bhujbal to the custody of Enforcement Directorate till February 8.
Former Bollywood actress and BJP Lok Sabha member Hema Malini, currently under fire over a land allotment, has now been accused of destroying mangroves on a plot allotted to her in the 1990s.
Samir's arrest was preceded by multiple searches in Mumbai conducted by the ED in connection with its money laundering probe against Chhagan Bhujbal and others.
In what could spell more trouble for BJP MP Hema Malini who is caught in a land allotment controversy, a fresh RTI query revealed that the actress allegedly violated the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Act by destroying mangroves on a plot previously given to her at Versova, for which a notice was served to her in 1998.
TMC leaders Tuesday described the bid by Congress and the Left to forge an alliance for the upcoming assembly polls as "a desperate attempt" by them to remain relevant in state politics.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Tuesday accused the government of deliberately targeting its leaders and said power and government machinery were misused in the arrest of party leader Chhagan Bhujbal`s nephew.
A day after 14 students drowned off the popular Murud-Janjira beach in Raigad district, the Bombay High Court Tuesday sought to know from Maharashtra government what measures it has taken to keep beaches secure so as to avoid such incidents.
The body of a student, who drowned along with 13 of his colleagues out on a picnic, was today recovered from the Arabian Sea off Murud beach in Raigad district.
Terror group Islamic States (ISIS) is training its fighters as to how to craft a bomb through online videos. Watch here!
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has also come out in support of the need to allow women into the temple.
RSS-mouthpiece has justified the ban on on women entry in sacred santrum of Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra.
A person convicted for rape will not be eligible for furlough under an amended prison manual notified in Maharashtra.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday hear the Maharashtra Government`s plea seeking permission to organise an event at Girgaum Chowpatty beach for the `Make in India` week celebration.
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Desh Da Swaad: Discover the taste of Bhopal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- Gujarat: Indian Coast Guard detains Pakistani boat off coast
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- Watch : Top 25
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- Are you up for Sidharth-Alia-Fawad's 'Kapoor and Sons' tongue twister challenge?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- India showcases naval might at International Fleet Review
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step