Facing heat over "brokering" a deal between producers of "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" and MNS chief Raj Thackeray, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis maintained that he had opposed the offer of Rs 5 crore contribution from the filmmakers to the Army welfare fund.
The Army has been upset over being dragged into politics.
With an eye on the ensuing 2017 elections to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), BJP and the MNS each in their own way have taken recourse to staging music concerts and selling commodities at cheaper rates ahead of festival Diwali.
The Bombay High Court has refused to release a prisoner from Kolhapur Central Prison on parole for treatment of a nasal problem as he had violated furlough condition earlier.
The Bombay High Court has held that the State Chief Information Commissioner has powers under Right to Information Act (RTI) to transfer State Information Commissioner from one region to another for the purpose of ensuring that the Commission functions in a smooth manner.
The Shiv Sena on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party, terming the decision to release Karan Johars film "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" as an attempt "to politicize the sacrifices of Indian Army soldiers".
Sufi saint Haji Ali's Dargah is located on the rocks off the Worli seashore in Mumbai.
Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday poked fun at the meeting called by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadanavis to resolve the imbroglio over the release of Karan Johar's "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil", which was facing threat by MNS over the casting of Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
CBI judge H S Mahajan consented to adjourning the matter but said statement of the witness cannot be given at this stage when charges are yet to be framed.
Praising Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the surgical strikes, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said India has the capability to conduct more such strikes and should regain control of the PoK.
Three persons were killed and 41 others injured in an accident involving a luxury bus, truck and a tractor at Khopadi on Sinnar-Shirdi road here.
In its supplementary chargsheet, the CBI claimed that Peter Mukerjea, Indrani’s husband, was aware of the disposal of Sheena's body.
Rahul Rajkumar Jaiswal (24), Rana Subhash Singh (25) and Vidhichand Jaiswal (45) were arrested by Crime Branch unit-11, police said.
Use of drones in Mumbai's skies has been banned.
The NCP leader appealed to political parties not to give tickets to candidates who defect and join another party.
Drones, remote-operated aircraft, paragliders and balloons are banned in Mumbai skies.
Two persons were killed in a major fire that broke out at a duplex flat owned by industrialist Shekhar Bajaj in a high-rise in the tony South Mumbai area this morning.
A 31-year-old married woman was hacked to death allegedly by a stalker in Kothrud area here on Tuesday when she was on her way to work, police said.
An 8-year-old boy was allegedly sodomied by his neighbour in Kalyan taluka Thane, district rural police said on Tuesday.
Taking a jibe at BJP over Maharashtra Minister Rajkumar Badole's remarks that Maratha Morchas are successful due to the money power involved, Shiv Sena on Tuesday said the ruling party should clarify if the rallies of its central leaders are conducted in the same manner.
In an unfortunate incident, at least two persons reportedly died after a huge fire broke out in Maker Tower in Cuffe Parade area in Mumbai. Here is all what happened at the spot:-
The accused, identified as Bunty alias Shankar Dabhade, Sandip Pachpind and Sanju Pachpind (all local residents), have been arrested.
Supreme Court Monday extended the stay granted by Bombay High Court to facilitate an appeal against its decision to lift the ban on entry of women near the sanctum sanctorum of the famous Haji Ali Dargah till October 24, when it will hear the matter.
Two persons have been arrested in connection with RTI activist Bhupendra Vira's murder case.
In a shocking incident, a 38-year-old BJP leader was shot and hacked to death in broad daylight in Talegaon Dabhade, 35 km from Pune, on Sunday.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear Haji Ali Dargah Trust's plea challenging the Bombay High Court order lifting the ban on women from entering the sanctum sanctorum of the renowned Muslim shrine in South Mumbai.
Gadkari is also chief promoter of the event to be held at Reshimbaug ground here.
A city court has decided to proceed with the trial of a driver who had allegedly rammed his vehicle into the car of Union Minister Gopinath Munde, leading to the BJP leader's death two years ago.
Kale, 95, passed away yesterday at 8 AM at a healthcare centre, where he was admitted for the last few days after his deteriorating health.
Curfew continued to remain in force in seven villages of Igatpuri and Trimbakeshwar tehsils in the wake of group clashes and incidents of stone pelting following alleged rape attempt of a minor girl by a teenager here, even as police have so far arrested 117 people in connection with rioting, stone-pelting, and arson.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- DNA: Analysis of the pathetic conditions of Lord Ram's birth place Ayodhaya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH