Indrani Mukerjea on Sunday regained consciousness.
An I and B Ministry panel has blamed the agitating students and the faculty of FTII for the prevailing situation at the campus here, as it defended the institute's controversial decision to call police in the campus after the gherao of its director.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, is in critical condition, Dean of Sir JJ Hospital, TP Lahane said on Saturday.
Lawyer of Indrani Mukherjea, who is in an unconscious state at a hospital here after allegedly consuming an overdose of drugs, was on Saturday not allowed to meet her and enquired about her health from the JJ Hospital Dean.
Former media magnate Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, a doctor said on Saturday.
The third round of meeting to break the deadlock between agitating FTII students and information and broadcasting ministry officials, which was supposed to be held here on October 6, will now be held in Mumbai on the next day (October 7).
A day after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) disbanded its Maharashtra unit, the party's state-level leader Preeti Sharma Menon on Friday hit out at AAP's national executive member Mayank Gandhi and said that he manoeuvred the volunteers in a "dictatorial" way.
Ruling partner Shiv Sena has slammed Maharashtra's BJP-led government's decision to levy an additional surcharge on a host of items to raise money to tackle the drought situation in the state, dubbing it as "pick pocketing".
Two sisters from Uttar Pradesh on Thursday rubbished allegations that they were "hypnotised" by Sanatan Sanstha.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday dissolved its Maharashtra unit, evoking a sharp reaction from its National Executive member Mayank Gandhi, who said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is "hell-bent on destroying" the organisation.
A 60-year-old villager from Sahapur taluka here was brutally killed allegedly by his son-in-law over a petty family dispute, police said today.
In what may be a big boost for the development of Chandrapur and Gadchiroli districts in Maharashtra, the Union Ministry for Road Transport and Highways is considering upgrading the Chandrapur-Ballarpur-Bamani-Gondiopipri-Ashti road as a new national highway.
Congress on Wednesday said the sentencing of convicts in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts case was the culmination of "pointed, precise and prompt action" by the then Vilasrao Deshmukh government and "strongest and quickest" steps by the former Manmohan Singh dispensation.
In its efforts to raise more funds for tackling drought in the state, Maharashtra government has decided to levy a surcharge of Rs 2 on petrol and diesel while VAT on liquor, cigarettes and beverages have also been raised by 5 per cent.
Altogether 452 inmates of Taloja, Nagpur and Aurangabad jails in Maharashtra would appear for an examination on Gandhian thoughts on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Several suburban railway commuters on Wednesday welcomed the verdict in 2006 Mumbai train blasts case but felt that the punishment for the dastardly act came too late.
The Maharashtra government Wednesday welcomed the court verdict in the 7/11 serial train blasts case, saying that it was committed to strengthen the justice delivery system in the state.
Defence lawyer for the 12 convicts accused of precipitating the serial blasts on local trains in Mumbai in 2006, Sharif Sheikh, on Wednesday said that his clients were innocent and that he would now challenge the verdict of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court in the Bombay High Court.
Former ATS chief K P Raghuvanshi Wednesday welcomed the court verdict in the 2006 serial blasts on Mumbai local trains, saying it had vindicated the efforts of his team of officers which conducted the probe even as the defence counsel said they will appeal in the High Court.
From arranging logistics for carrying out the July 11, 2006 train bombings to conducting recce of suburban trains, the accused had the task cut out for them in precision, as per the chargesheet filed by Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
Following is the chronology of events in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts case, in which the trial court gave its verdict:
In a move that would facilitate the pedestrians, Mumbai Municipal Commissioner Ajoy Mehta has ordered the officials to remove encroachments on the footpaths across the city.
With just a month to go for the civic polls in Kalyan-Dombivli and Kolhapur, the Congress and NCP are eyeing to join hands, just as the Shiv Sena expects a "positive response" from the BJP for a pre-poll alliance for the two municipal bodies.
Five persons were today sentenced to death and seven others imprisoned for life by a special court for the serial blasts on Mumbai local trains in 2006 that left 189 commuters dead and over 800 injured.
A 5-year-old girl was on Tuesday allegedly raped by her uncle at Dhakalgoan village in Ambad tehsil of the district, police said.
The controversial right wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, whose active member Samir Gaikwad has been arrested for alleged involvement in the murder of the rationalist Govind Pansare, on Tuesday rubbished an allegation that its "seekers' ("sadhaks") can kill through hypnotism.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday registered a case against three private people, Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyamvar Rai relating to the murder of Sheena Bora.
Twelve labourers were injured when a slab of an under-construction building in Wadala collapsed.
Television actor Gajendra Chauhan, viewed as close to the BJP, will remain as chairperson of the premier Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), and to placate protesting students, the government is planning to install a co-chairperson of the institute, sources said.
A girl, whose video of being "manhandled" by some women constables at the famous Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh pandal here went viral prompting police to launch a probe, Tuesday alleged she was dragged and slapped by cops when she tried to enter the pandal's VVIP queue on Friday last.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Watch: Morning Headlines @ 10:30
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Know what happens to Aamir Khan after he eats Punjabi food