A delegation of Congress leaders from Maharashtra led by former chief minister Ashok Chavan and Leader of the Opposition Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil met Governor C Vidyasagar Rao and demanded convening of a special session of the State Legislature to discuss the drought situation in the State.
The Khar Police Station has seen most of the action in the sensational Sheena Bora murder probe but this attention has left local residents unhappy as they complain that the neighbourhood has lost its peace, though the eateries there are doing brisk business.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday said all attempts would be made to start the work on the proposed Thane Metro project this year itself and emphasised that there shall be no inordinate delay in completion of the project.
Mumbai University has announced that from the next academic year any graduate, irrespective of whether he or she has scored more or less than 45%, is eligible to apply for all undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
A 35-year-old villager from Murbad was today arrested for allgedly beating his elder sister to death over a dispute, police said.
Fire broke out in two trains, standing in car shed of Kandiwali here on Friday night.
The police custody of Indrani Mukerjea, wife of ex-TV honcho Peter Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai were extended by court till September 7 in connection with the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora.
In the latest development, Mumbai Police which is investigating the high profile Sheena Bora murder case claimed on Friday night that they have recovered the hired car in which she was strangulated to death.
In a yet another revelation in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, media reports on Friday said that the victim's mother and the prime accused Indrani did make-up of her victim daughter before taking her to the Pen forest area of Raigad where she was dumped into a suitcase and put on fire.
People trying to bring change in government through legal means will not face sedition charge in Maharashtra, but those attempting to bring into "hatred or contempt, dissatisfaction and provoking violence" against the central or state government will be slapped with sedition charges.
Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, her husband and former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, and others who have come under the investigators' scanner in the murky family saga Friday faced day-long interrogation.
A man who allegedly stole a Harley Davidson bike on the pretext of trial run from a showroom in Banjara Hills here, was arrested in Mumbai today and has turned out to be an IIT-Chennai graduate, police said.
With more revelations being made by the prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case every day, the Mumbai Police is now seeking the details of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea and his wife Indrani, who is the prime suspect in the case.
Vaishali Patil, a social-worker working for the tribals in Gagode village from 25 years, on Friday called the forest, where Sheena Bora was buried a `killer favourite,` adding that actor Ranjit`s farm was located next door that had also seen six murders.
Sheena Bora's biological father Siddharth Das has been quizzed by the Mumbai Police and his statement recorded in connection with the her murder case, police said on Friday.
Indrani Mukerjea, who has been arrested by the Mumbai Police for allegedly killing her daughter Sheena Bora, has been concerned about her daughter Vidhie, as per media reports.
Siddharth Das, Indrani Mukerjea’s former live-in partner, has not gone missing contrary to media reports.
New revelations have been tumbling out everyday in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case.
The Bombay High Court on Thursday said while there was a "laudable intention" behind the recent police raids on hotels in suburban Malwani following complaints of a prostitution racket operating there, innocent persons cannot be harassed and their privacy should not be invaded.
Days after police here in Maharashtra admitted that no case was registered by them after the remains suspected to be of Sheena Bora were found from the murder site in forests near Pen in 2012, a report on Thursday said that a probe has revealed that the police were in the process of filing an FIR, until a senior cop interfered.
Criticising Thane police's lackadaisical approach in not taking timely action on an RTI activist's request for protection, the Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission (MSHRC) has ordered the government to pay Rs 10 lakh to the victim seriously injured in an attack on him.
As the murder mystery of Sheena Bora continues to surprise the nation, Indrani Mukerjea, the wife of former STAR India CEO Peter Mukerjea, confessed to her role in the sensational crime on Thursday, reports said.
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has pulled up his party ministers for "not doing enough to help" people affected by water crisis in Marathwada region and asked them to "gear up" by visiting the drought-hit areas.
The Sheena Bora murder case has hogged media headlines and consequent public attention for the last few days. The diary of Sheena bears testimony to how much she hated her mother Indrani Mukerjea.
The Mumbai Police on Thursday began questioning Peter Mukerjea, the husband of prime accused Indrani Mukerjea in Sheena Bora murder case, a day after recording the statement of former media tycoon.
Residents of a village in drought-hit Marathwada's Beed district have threatened self-immolation to protest non-availability of drought relief measures.
After the decision to change the name of Aurangzeb Road to Abdul Kalam Road in Delhi, the Shiv Sena wants Aurangabad to be renamed as Sambhaji Nagar.
Republican Party of India (A) president Ramdas Athawale on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the cases against self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa, who has been accused of intimidation, sexual harassment and voyeurism, and threatened of agitation if the demand was not met.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that he has directed the administration to reserve 10% of additional water for animals in drought-affected areas of the state.
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked Maharashtra government to file its response within a week to a petition seeking constitution of a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the killing of noted activist and Communist Party of India leader Govind Pansare.
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- Why are children so angry nowadays?
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players
- Vaginal itching: What is it and 7 common causes
- Self-styled godman Asaram gets full body massage daily inside jail
- Khans choose their directors: Nikhil Advani
- Weak monsoon pushes Delhi's air quality into downward plummet
- Doctors stop chemotherapy on critically ill Aadesh Shrivastava
- Sheena Bora's father and Indrani's former live-in partner Siddharth Das goes missing
- Death of Aylan Kurdi: Distraught father of drowned boy pours his heart out
- Syed Ali Geelani lauds Pakistan's stand on Kashmir, reveals secret letter
- Chennai-Mangalore Express derails in Tamil Nadu, 39 passengers injured