FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan has appealed to the protesting students to call off their stir.
Shiv Sena has decided to go it alone in the forthcoming Kalyan-Dombivli Municipal Corporation election.
Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai, who is at loggerheads with Yuva Sena president Aaditya Thackeray over ink attack on veteran journalist Sudheendra Kulkarni, on Tuesday raised question marks on Shiv Sena's “violent” protests.
The Shiv Sena appears in no mood to relent in its opposition to Sudheendra Kulkarni over his support for Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launch in Mumbai.
The face-off over Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book appears to have taken the friction between the alliance partners in Maharashtra to breaking point.
Shiv Sena activists blackened the face of Sudheendra Kulkarni to protest his organising the launch of former Pakistani foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book.
A Special NIA court on Monday rejected the bail petitions of Prasad Purohit and three other accused in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.
Security has been beefed up for the second phase of Panchayat elections which will be held here in two blocks tomorrow, a district official said on Monday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday disapproved of Shiv Sena's protests against the launch of former Pakistan Foreign Minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book here saying the issue has brought disrepute to the state.
Shiv Sena activists on Sunday blackened the face of ORF chief Sudheendra Kulkarni over his refusal to cancel the book launch function of former Pakistan foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri.
A court here today acquitted at least 23 Shiv Sainiks who were tried for rioting in connection with a 2006 case.
Unfazed by paint attack, former Pakistan foreign minister Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri's book was launched in Mumbai.
Shiv Sena activists on Monday blackened the face of ORF chief Sudheendra Kulkarni over his refusal to cancel the book launch function of former Pakistan foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri.
Television personality Gajendra Chauhan is yet to visit his office, a RTI query has revealed.
Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau's Mumbai unit initiated probe merely into nine percent of complaints that it received during the last 45 months, according to an RTI reply.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis appears to have succeed in convincing the Shiv Sena to withdraw its protest against Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launch.
Noted pro-Hindutva leader and former president of Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha Himani Savarkar died here after prolonged illness.
In the wake of the ink attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, the organiser of former Pakistan foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launch, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday assured maximum security for the event and warned that no 'anti India propaganda' would be tolerated.
Three Dalit brothers were allegedly thrashed by a mob after they objected to their derogatory remarks against Dr BR Ambedkar in Virar area here in early hours on Monday, police said.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday slammed the Shiv Sena for smearing ink on the face of Sudheendra Kulkarni, chairman of Observer Research Foundation (ORF), who is organising former Pakistan foreign minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launch, saying that it was 'Talibani hooliganism' and that Uddhav Thackeray must control his 'goons'.
Kulkarni is the chairman of Observer and Research Foundation, a foreign policy think tank, which has organised today's event.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday criticised the Congress party for neglecting the principal architect of the Constitution of India, BR Ambedkar by not putting his picture in the Parliament, as the latter's picture was only put after a non-Congress government came to power.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that infrastructure is the key to the development of the nation, and congratulated Roads, Highways and Shipping minister Nitin Gadkari and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for working towards better infrastructure.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of an ambitious project which will more than double the capacity of the country's largest container port JNPT in next two years.
PM Modi on Sunday accused the previous governments of “not giving” Bharat Ratna to Babasaheb Ambedkar.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Dr BR Ambedkar International Memorial at Indu Mills compound in Mumbai.
The Shiv Sena on Sunday dared Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri to pay tribute to the Indian soldiers before his book launch.
Amid outcry over lynching of a man in Dadri over beef rumours, a senior Shiv Sena leader on Sunday said the incident is being used as a "political tool" for Bihar elections, and charged that religious feelings are being exploited in the name of politics.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundations of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial on Sunday, which will come up at Indu Mills compound, and two Mumbai metro projects here.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday said he wanted Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone to engage with farmers against the backdrop of agrarian crisis in the state.
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to Pakistan
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar Polls: Is 'Mahagathbandhan' afraid of PM Modi?
- Shiv Sena to skip PM Modi's event in Mumbai
- Now, smart e-rickshaws equipped with CCTV cameras
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- Bihar polls: PM Modi gets permission for rally in Bhabua
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- PM Modi lays foundation for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Shiv Sena boycotts event
- KP Sharma Oli elected new Nepal Prime Minister
- Taliban suicide attack targets NATO convoy in Kabul
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Modi to take up fishermen arrests with Sri Lanka
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai
- Understanding sleep paralysis: Seven interesting facts you should know
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 22 terrorists killed in Pakistan