A special court here on Monday extended the CBI custody by a day -- till Tuesday -- of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea, one of the four prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
CBI is expected to receive information from Interpol on the details of an account opened by Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case,in a bank in Hong Kong.
Family members of rationalist Narendra Dabholkar on Monday questioned CBI's "lack" of progress in the case related to his murder, pointing out how quickly the agency had moved in the high-profile Sheena Bora murder case.
They had gone to watch 'Tamasha' but the outing turned out to be a shameful 'Tamasha' with them playing the lead.
The video captured by one of his fellow travelers shows the young man trying to desperately cling to life.
A Shani temple in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district was cleansed ceremonially after a woman entered the temple and offered oil on it, breaking its 400-year-old tradition.
The Solapur local bodies seat is likely to become a bone of contention between Congress and NCP as the two parties discuss a tie-up for the elections next month to eight seats in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Instead of the earlier slabs of Rs 10, 20, 30 and 40, the new structure will have five slabs of Rs 10, 20, 25, 35 and 45.
The commuter, identified as Namrata Mahajan, had posted the tweet, which was directed to Prabhu's handle @RailMinIndia, at 6.59 pm while she was passing through Shegaon railway station on Thursday.
Currently, prohibition of liquor is enforced in districts of Wardha, Gadchiroli and Chandrapur in the state.
Suresh Mirghe, the then police inspector of Pen police station in Raigad, has told CBI that he had sent samples of Sheena Bora's burn remains to the state run JJ Hospital and the Forensic Science Laboratory in Kalina for examination in 2012 but did not received any reports until his transfer in 2014.
Four ministers from BJP along with an identical number from the NDA's smaller members and two Shiv Sena leaders will be included in the council of ministers.
All the four accused who are minors have been taken into custody.
Claiming that RSS activists have been indicted in at least 13 terror cases across India, former Maharashtra inspector general of police SM Mushrif on Thursday described the Hindutva outfit as India's No 1 terrorist organisation.
The NCP and Congress have decided to fight the upcoming Maharashtra Legislative Council polls together, state NCP chief Sunil Tatkare said here on Thursday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday said his government was not in favour of opening dance bars and would explore legal options after Supreme Court asked it to implement its order in this regard.
The CBI said that both Indrani and Peter formed various companies between 2006-07 and invested nearly Rs 900 crore.
The Supreme Court raised questions over the Maharashtra government's laws banning dance bars.
On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel.
NCP president Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said he would not be surprised if there is mid-term poll in Maharashtra soon after BMC (Mumbai municipal corporation) elections.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Eknath Khadse on Wednesday said Aamir Khan's comments were part of "conspiracy" to defame the government.
CBI is likely to seek extension of police custody of media baron Peter Mukherjea in Sheena murder case.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmed Javed on Wednesday said parents have a pivotal role to play to guard against the youngsters joining terror outfit ISIS.
Over one lakh school students from across the city are expected to participate in a programme to recite the preamble of the Constitution of India at Yashwant Stadium here on Thursday to mark the Constitution Day.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday refused to be drawn into the controversy over Aamir Khan's remarks on rising intolerance even as the ruling alliance partner Shiv Sena has hit out at the superstar.
The Congress and NCP are likely to formalise their pre-poll alliance next week for the upcoming elections to the eight seats of the Legislative Council from the self-government bodies in Maharashtra.
Sheena Bora was murdered in April 2012 and the case broke out in August this year.
The Mumbai Police have now decided that they will no more use Section 110 (public indecency) of the Bombay Police Act, 1951.
With every little ones' first cry comes a man banging a steel plate with a stick and ward boys and nurses running on the street offering "congratulations" and sweets to people.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Kajol, Kriti find tough to match Varun, Shah Rukh Khan's dance moves
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das