The Solapur local bodies seat is likely to become a bone of contention between Congress and NCP as the two parties discuss a tie-up for the elections next month to eight seats in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Instead of the earlier slabs of Rs 10, 20, 30 and 40, the new structure will have five slabs of Rs 10, 20, 25, 35 and 45.
The commuter, identified as Namrata Mahajan, had posted the tweet, which was directed to Prabhu's handle @RailMinIndia, at 6.59 pm while she was passing through Shegaon railway station on Thursday.
Currently, prohibition of liquor is enforced in districts of Wardha, Gadchiroli and Chandrapur in the state.
Suresh Mirghe, the then police inspector of Pen police station in Raigad, has told CBI that he had sent samples of Sheena Bora's burn remains to the state run JJ Hospital and the Forensic Science Laboratory in Kalina for examination in 2012 but did not received any reports until his transfer in 2014.
Four ministers from BJP along with an identical number from the NDA's smaller members and two Shiv Sena leaders will be included in the council of ministers.
All the four accused who are minors have been taken into custody.
Claiming that RSS activists have been indicted in at least 13 terror cases across India, former Maharashtra inspector general of police SM Mushrif on Thursday described the Hindutva outfit as India's No 1 terrorist organisation.
The NCP and Congress have decided to fight the upcoming Maharashtra Legislative Council polls together, state NCP chief Sunil Tatkare said here on Thursday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday said his government was not in favour of opening dance bars and would explore legal options after Supreme Court asked it to implement its order in this regard.
The CBI said that both Indrani and Peter formed various companies between 2006-07 and invested nearly Rs 900 crore.
The Supreme Court raised questions over the Maharashtra government's laws banning dance bars.
On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel.
NCP president Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said he would not be surprised if there is mid-term poll in Maharashtra soon after BMC (Mumbai municipal corporation) elections.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Eknath Khadse on Wednesday said Aamir Khan's comments were part of "conspiracy" to defame the government.
CBI is likely to seek extension of police custody of media baron Peter Mukherjea in Sheena murder case.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmed Javed on Wednesday said parents have a pivotal role to play to guard against the youngsters joining terror outfit ISIS.
Over one lakh school students from across the city are expected to participate in a programme to recite the preamble of the Constitution of India at Yashwant Stadium here on Thursday to mark the Constitution Day.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday refused to be drawn into the controversy over Aamir Khan's remarks on rising intolerance even as the ruling alliance partner Shiv Sena has hit out at the superstar.
The Congress and NCP are likely to formalise their pre-poll alliance next week for the upcoming elections to the eight seats of the Legislative Council from the self-government bodies in Maharashtra.
Sheena Bora was murdered in April 2012 and the case broke out in August this year.
The Mumbai Police have now decided that they will no more use Section 110 (public indecency) of the Bombay Police Act, 1951.
With every little ones' first cry comes a man banging a steel plate with a stick and ward boys and nurses running on the street offering "congratulations" and sweets to people.
The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday conducted searches on the premises of a firm here in connection with its money laundering probe in the Rajasthan ambulance scam case.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea is being evasive during his interrogation by CBI team here which grilled him for several hours on Tuesday after he was shifted from Mumbai in connection with the murder case of his step-daughter Sheena Bora.
In a shocking incident, a nine-year- old school girl from Bhayander here was allegedly raped by three of her teachers repeatedly since 2014.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, had willed most of her property to Vidhie Khanna, her daughter from earlier marriage with Sanjeev Khanna, a co-accused in the case, the CBI chargesheet said.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi has dissolved its district units in Maharashtra, barring Mumbai and Thane, with immediate effect to curb infighting, a party official said here on Tuesday.
Observer Research Foundation Chairman Sudheendra Kulkarni has written a letter to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, suggesting that the state should join the international community in commemorating the 100th anniversary of Albert Einstein's 'General Theory of Relativity'.
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- DNA: Analysis of Constitution Day Debate in Parliament
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Parliament's Winter Session: When Lok Sabha reverberated with PM Modi's 'Idea of India'
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- 'Get out!' Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij tells woman IPS officer, she stays put
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Newly pregnant? 5 things to take care of to avoid preterm delivery