Indrani Mukerjea's statement was recorded in the suspected drug overdose case on Tuesday night.
Sanatan Sanstha activist Sameer Gaikwad, arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Govind Pansare, has been kept in custody solely on the basis of suspicion and there is no proof against him on Tuesday, Maharashtra Minister of State for Home Ranjit Patil said here today.
Indrani Mukerjea, who is alleged to have killed her daughter Sheena Bora, was discharged from Mumbai's JJ Hospital on Tuesday.
A Mumbai court on Tuesday reserved its order till tomorrow on a CBI plea seeking permission to interrogate in jail former media magnate Indrani Mukherjea and two other accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
The Maharashtra government had launched a Naxal surrender policy on August 29, 2005 which has been extended time and again.
Former media magnate Indrani Mukherjea, prime accused in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, is conscious and will soon give her statement to police officials, a senior doctor said Tuesday.
Ranjan Mathai, former Foreign secretary told the special TADA court that the Ministry of External Affairs hadn't held any meeting regarding the additional charges slapped against Abu Salem.
A senior Maharashtra Home Department official said on Monday that it is being ascertained whether Indrani Mukerjea was "poisoned" inside the jail.
The city police on Monday informed the Bombay High Court that no evidence has been found disclosing violation of the Black Magic Act by self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa.
Opposition Congress has alleged that the BJP-led Maharasthra government was not keen on making 'hawker-free zone' the lane in Mumbai where Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar's iconic house 'Rajgriha' is located and was not keeping with its earlier assurance on the matter.
Aam Aadmi Party's Maharashtra unit president Subhash Ware has resigned from the membership of AAP's National Executive, saying he is shocked at the "undemocratic way" in which the state unit has been dissolved.
A Mumbai court on Monday extended judicial custody of Indrani Mukherjea's former husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyam Rai till October 19 in Sheena Bora murder case.
Three youths have been arrested in the city for gang-rape of a teenage girl.
Indrani Mukherjea is out of danger and may be shifted back to jail in couple of days.
Indrani Mukerjea on Sunday regained consciousness.
An I and B Ministry panel has blamed the agitating students and the faculty of FTII for the prevailing situation at the campus here, as it defended the institute's controversial decision to call police in the campus after the gherao of its director.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, is in critical condition, Dean of Sir JJ Hospital, TP Lahane said on Saturday.
Lawyer of Indrani Mukherjea, who is in an unconscious state at a hospital here after allegedly consuming an overdose of drugs, was on Saturday not allowed to meet her and enquired about her health from the JJ Hospital Dean.
Former media magnate Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, a doctor said on Saturday.
The third round of meeting to break the deadlock between agitating FTII students and information and broadcasting ministry officials, which was supposed to be held here on October 6, will now be held in Mumbai on the next day (October 7).
A day after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) disbanded its Maharashtra unit, the party's state-level leader Preeti Sharma Menon on Friday hit out at AAP's national executive member Mayank Gandhi and said that he manoeuvred the volunteers in a "dictatorial" way.
Ruling partner Shiv Sena has slammed Maharashtra's BJP-led government's decision to levy an additional surcharge on a host of items to raise money to tackle the drought situation in the state, dubbing it as "pick pocketing".
Two sisters from Uttar Pradesh on Thursday rubbished allegations that they were "hypnotised" by Sanatan Sanstha.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday dissolved its Maharashtra unit, evoking a sharp reaction from its National Executive member Mayank Gandhi, who said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is "hell-bent on destroying" the organisation.
A 60-year-old villager from Sahapur taluka here was brutally killed allegedly by his son-in-law over a petty family dispute, police said today.
In what may be a big boost for the development of Chandrapur and Gadchiroli districts in Maharashtra, the Union Ministry for Road Transport and Highways is considering upgrading the Chandrapur-Ballarpur-Bamani-Gondiopipri-Ashti road as a new national highway.
Congress on Wednesday said the sentencing of convicts in the 2006 Mumbai train blasts case was the culmination of "pointed, precise and prompt action" by the then Vilasrao Deshmukh government and "strongest and quickest" steps by the former Manmohan Singh dispensation.
In its efforts to raise more funds for tackling drought in the state, Maharashtra government has decided to levy a surcharge of Rs 2 on petrol and diesel while VAT on liquor, cigarettes and beverages have also been raised by 5 per cent.
Altogether 452 inmates of Taloja, Nagpur and Aurangabad jails in Maharashtra would appear for an examination on Gandhian thoughts on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Several suburban railway commuters on Wednesday welcomed the verdict in 2006 Mumbai train blasts case but felt that the punishment for the dastardly act came too late.
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Why Salman Khan’s films are blockbusters
- J&K encounter: Four Army jawans killed, gunbattle on
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future
- Salman Khan creates magic as Prem, PRDP trailer gets 10 million views!
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!
- SC refuses Somnath Bharti's bail plea after his wife Lipika says no to mediation