The Maharashtra Other Backward Class (OBC) Organization has opposed reservation status to Patel and Maratha communities.
Indrani Mukerjea, wife of former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, on Monday faced fresh charges of poisoning and attempting to murder her son Mikhail on the day her daughter Sheena was killed more than three years ago as police suspect involvement of people outside the state in the sensational crime.
The Maharashtra government announced here today that seven IAS officials have been transferred.
Even after her death, Sheena Bora's Facebook account and mobile were pretty much alive! As per media reports, Sheena's boyfriend Rahul Mukerjea received few messages from her mobile even after her demise.
A Mumbai Metropolitan court on Monday extended till September 5 the police custody of all three arrested accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, including that of her mother Indrani Mukerjea, to enable investigators dig deeper into the sordid saga.
In an attempt to break the 'tough nut' Indrani and her former husband Sanjeev Khanna, accused in the sensational Sheena murder case, Mumbai Police may conduct a brain mapping and narco test on them.
Indrani Mukerjea became emotional on meeting her daughter in a Mumbai court on Monday and broke down.
Indrani Mukerjea's former husband Sanjeev Khanna has reportedly told the Mumbai Police that he agreed to be part of the plot to kill Sheena Bora after he was told that his daughter Vidhie's life may be in danger.
Indrani Mukerjea's laywers claimed on Monday that she was roughed up and slapped while in police custody.
The Mumbai Police has detained the contract killer, who was hired by Indrani Mukerjea to eliminate her son Mikhail Bora.
As investigators continued to probe different angles in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea has admitted that she "hated" her daughter but added that she could not kill her.
The Mumbai Police will on Monday produce Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai before the Bandra magistrate's court as the police remand of the trio ends today.
In another twist to the Sheena Bora murder case, the Mumbai Police will slap fresh charges of attempt to murder against Indrani Mukerjea, her second husband Sanjeev Khanna and the driver for allegedly trying to kill Mikhail Bora, the brother of the deceased.
A team of Mumbai Police on Sunday brought two of the accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case to the crime spot near Dagode, in the forest near Pen in Raigad district, but could not recreate crime scene.
A team of Mumbai police on Sunday brought two of the accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case to the crime spot near Dagode, in the forest near Pen in Raigad district, where her body was partially burnt and thrown away in a suitcase three years ago, official sources said.
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the government will not re-promulgate the controversial Land Acquisition ordinance which expires tomorrow, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said here today that decision was taken at the NITI Ayog's request.
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama arrived at the piligrimage town of Trimbakeshwar, near here on Sunday.
In a recovery which could prove to be a fresh lead in the Sheena Bora murder case, Mumbai Police on Sunday recovered a suitcase from the residential premises situated in Worli area here of Indrani and Peter Mukerjea.
Striking FTII students were awaiting a feedback from the Information and Broadcasting Ministry after the August 21 visit of its three-member delegation which held talks with various stakeholders to end the now 80-day stir, even as demonstrations remained subdued on the campus today.
The sensational Sheena Bora murder mystery today produced a new twist with police admitting that no case of murder or accidental death was registered after her human remains were recovered in Pen taluk of Raigad three years ago, that raises questions.
With Maharashtra facing a drought-like situation, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will visit affected areas of the state including Marathwada, Ahmednagar and Solapur districts from September 1 to take stock of situation.
Facing the heat over botching-up the Sheena Bora murder case, the Raigad Police on Saturday ordered a fresh inquiry into why a case was not registered in 2012 even after the remains of Sheena Bora's body was found.
As the mysterious Sheena Bora murder case is getting murkier with each passing day, Mumbai Police on Saturday, in a significant development, recovered the car in which the 25-year-old was killed, ANI quoted sources as saying.
As investigators waddled through an intriguing web of lies and deceit in the Sheena Bora murder case, the Mumbai Police brought main accused, Indrani Mukerjea, to the Khar Police station for interrogation on Saturday.
The Agra unit of the Shiv Sena has announced a reward of Rs 2 lakh for every Hindu family which has five children.
Classmates of an Army officer killed during the 1999 Kargil war raised funds to renovate and rename the cadets' mess at their alma mater Sainik School here to commemorate his supreme sacrifice.
As the murder mystery of Sheena Bora continues to unfold with stories of sleaze, betrayal and family feud, a report on Saturday said that Indrani Mukerjea's driver Shyam Rai had revealed all to his friend in a bar here two months ago.
Skeletal remains of Sheena Bora, who was murdered on April 24, 2012, will be sent for forensic and DNA tests on Saturday.
As investigators waddled through an intriguing web of lies and deceit in the Sheena Bora murder case, police on Friday recovered Sheena Bora's passport from Dehradun, exposing Indrani Mukerjea's claim that Sheena was "studying in the US".
The inaugural 'Shahi Snan' (royal bath) at the ongoing Simhastha Kumbh Mela proved to be a damp squib due to poor turnout, organisers said here on Saturday.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I'm also 100 percent Bihar: 'Avengers' star Mark Ruffalo