Taking a dig at Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for allegedly delaying an Air India flight after an official in his team forgot to carry proper travel documents, alliance partner Shiv Sena on Friday asked if similar "social work" would be done for an ill person as well.
Manorama S Kotnis, a sister of the legendary medico and doyen of India-China friendship, late Dwarkanath S Kotnis, has died in her Mumbai suburb home, a family friend said here on Friday. She was 94.
As many as 884 people, many of them minor girls, went missing every month on an average from the metropolis during the last decade though a vast majority of them have been traced, according to figures released by Mumbai police.
Terming his meeting with India-born Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella as "very productive" and "insightful", Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said the software giant will extend support for a digital village and smart city in the state.
Over 4,000 resident doctors in Maharashtra, demanding certain amenities from the government, have continued with their strike for a second day.
Two passengers travelling on the same US-bound Air India aircraft from Mumbai as Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis have come out in his support, saying he did not delay the flight even as he has threatened legal action once he returns to India.
Police sub-inspector and 'encounter specialist' Daya Nayak has been suspended from Maharashtra Police.
Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde on Thursday appealed to the resident doctors of government medical colleges to call off their indefinite strike, saying accepted most of their demands have been accepted.
With Maharashtra government's controversial decision on madrasas creating a political furore, Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Thursday blamed the previous Congress led-government for bringing the Right to Education (RTE) Act, which does not consider madrasas as educational institutions.
Special public prosecutor Rohini Salian, who recently stirred up a controversy by alleging that National Investigation Agency (NIA) had asked her to go slow on accused in 2008 Malegaon blast case in which some Hindu extremists are accused, does not figure in the latest list of prosecutors appointed by NIA.
The Maharashtra government`s alleged move not to treat madrassas as schools in case they failed to teach primary subjects came in for criticism on Thursday from state party leaders of both the Congress and the Samajwadi Party.
A High Court bench here has imposed a fine of Rs 40,000 on Saoner MLA Sunil Kedar for raising objection to an ongoing probe against him by an appointed inquiry officer.
In a controversial decision, the BJP-Shiv Sena government in Maharashtra has decided to derecognise madrasas, which do not teach primary subjects, as 'schools'.
In view of the heavy rush of pilgrims expected during the upcoming Kumbh Mela here, the Nashik district administration has arranged for 'community radios' in 3,000 MSRTC buses.
Seizing on reports that an Air India flight for US was delayed for about an hour by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Congress leader and former chief minister Prithviraj Chavan today demanded an apology from him for causing inconvenience to over 200 passengers.
A 60-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by her nephew and his wife over a property dispute in Vikramgad taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Shiv Sena has expressed reservations over the outcome of the proposed cloud-seeding project by the BJP-ruled Maharashtra government, which is aimed at generating artificial rains, and asked it to explore other alternatives as well to make water available for scarcity-hit regions.
Patients in government medical colleges in Maharashtra are set for a harrowing time after around 4,500 resident doctors, attached to 18 such institutions in the state, went on an indefinite strike on Thursday in support of their demands.
Three persons, including a lawyer, were arrested here for allegedly trying to usurp a property through forged documents, police said on Wednesday.
A 25-year-old woman fashion designer, believed to be driving in an inebriated condition, allegedly rammed her SUV into a tea stall in suburban Bandra injuring a roadside vendor, police said on Wednesday.
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked railways to upgrade its system so as to prevent crime against women in local trains and on platforms and consider forming an expert committee to study advanced technologies globally.
A 47-year-old woman was arrested for allegedly operating flesh trade racket from a flat in a residential complex in Naupada area of the city, police said today.
Asserting that those elected by the people should not behave like kings, the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Wednesday criticized Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis over reports that an Air India flight from Mumbai to New York was delayed by nearly an hour on account of a member of his entourage and said that he should tender an apology for it.
Maharashtra's Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde, who is under fire from the Opposition for awarding contracts worth Rs 206 crore for purchasing items like chikki, mats and books for children, on Wednesday rejected corruption charges against her.
With the intention of educating villagers on different programmes of the government, two senior leaders of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) from Maharashtra Ravi Srivastava and Sundar Balakrishnan visited Dabhadi village in Vidarbha region of the state.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said that Devendra Fadnavis would never promote 'VIP culture', after reports stated that the Maharashtra Chief Minister had delayed an Air India flight by about an hour.
Four vehicles, including two cars, were gutted in a fire that broke out in a tin shed near a town square at Chakan, about 40 km from here, police said on Wednesday.
A week after coming under a cloud of allegations, Maharashtra Women and Child Welfare Minister Pankaja Munde on Tuesday asserted she will expose the conspiracy against her.
Opposition Congress and NCP will launch a joint offensive against Devendra Fadnavis government on various issues including allegations of impropriety surrounding some of its top ministers and suicides by farmers, in the upcoming monsoon session of the state legislature.
As many as 4,500 resident doctors, attached to 18 government medical colleges in Maharashtra, have threatened to go on an indefinite strike from July 2 in support of their demands, including increase in stipend.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- How safe is your digital currency?
- IOA offers financial aid to Satnam Singh's academy
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- India celebrates National Doctors' Day, expresses gratitude for their indispensable service
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- Kiren Rijiju 'delays' Air India flight, three 'offloaded' to accommodate him
- Delhi HC slams AAP govt for declaring farmer Gajendra Singh as martyr
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements