The Enforcement Directorate on Monday told a special court here that former MP Sameer Bhujbal, nephew of NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal, had floated several companies to channel and launder proceeds of "criminal activity".
On seeing the police, the 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang attacked them with stones and firearms.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
Four suspected members of the notorious 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang were arrested in the wee hours on Monday in an encounter with police after they robbed an elderly couple in suburban Borivali.
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Sunday said there should be no discrimination between men and women trying to enter the Shani Shingnapur temple.
Two-wheeler pillion riders too will now have to wear helmets in Maharashtra with the state Transport department on Saturday issuing a circular to this effect as per the orders of the Bombay High Court.
The ongoing row over the entry of women in the Shani Shingnapur Temple at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra is likely to come to an end after both the parties on Saturday agreed to accept the decision of Mahasrashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on the issue.
Hearing on prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea's bail plea will begin in the Mumbai Sessions' court on Saturday.
In a bid to end the deadlock over allowing women to enter Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra, the District Administration of Ahmednagar called for a meeting on Saturday between protestors and the temple management.
At a hearing in the special court where the mafia don was produced via video-link from Delhi's Tihar Jail, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) prosecutor Bharat Badami informed special judge SS Adkar that first, Chhota Rajan had given his consent for the voice test, but later refused it.
Indrani Mukerjea is currently lodged at the Byculla women's jail in Mumbai.
Chhota Rajan has said he would agree to give voice samples only after consulting his lawyers.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday ordered a probe into the fire at the Deonar dumping ground.
The Mumbai Police detained a 25-year-old man for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl from Dindoshi suburb of Goregaon area.
Mumbai: A man allegedly tried to commit suicide inside social activist Anna Hazare's office in Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra, police said on Thursday.
A special court on Thursday granted permission to the CBI to question three accused in the Sheena Bora murder case - Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai - in jail after the agency said some "new facts" have emerged.
A few onlookers showed exemplary courage and nabbed two of the attackers, while the third attacker managed to escape.
Former chief minister Ashok Chavan is currently a Lok Sabha member from Maharashtra and chief of the state unit of the Congress party.
The smoke from the fire had engulfed the city's skyline sending pollution readings to an alarming level.
Besides Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the event will be attended by leaders from 56 countries and 10,000 delegates.
A special court here on Tuesday sent Nationalist Congress Party leader Samir Bhujbal to the custody of Enforcement Directorate till February 8.
Former Bollywood actress and BJP Lok Sabha member Hema Malini, currently under fire over a land allotment, has now been accused of destroying mangroves on a plot allotted to her in the 1990s.
Samir's arrest was preceded by multiple searches in Mumbai conducted by the ED in connection with its money laundering probe against Chhagan Bhujbal and others.
In what could spell more trouble for BJP MP Hema Malini who is caught in a land allotment controversy, a fresh RTI query revealed that the actress allegedly violated the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Act by destroying mangroves on a plot previously given to her at Versova, for which a notice was served to her in 1998.
TMC leaders Tuesday described the bid by Congress and the Left to forge an alliance for the upcoming assembly polls as "a desperate attempt" by them to remain relevant in state politics.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Tuesday accused the government of deliberately targeting its leaders and said power and government machinery were misused in the arrest of party leader Chhagan Bhujbal`s nephew.
A day after 14 students drowned off the popular Murud-Janjira beach in Raigad district, the Bombay High Court Tuesday sought to know from Maharashtra government what measures it has taken to keep beaches secure so as to avoid such incidents.
The body of a student, who drowned along with 13 of his colleagues out on a picnic, was today recovered from the Arabian Sea off Murud beach in Raigad district.
Terror group Islamic States (ISIS) is training its fighters as to how to craft a bomb through online videos. Watch here!
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Ranchi shame: Boy sexually assaulted, 'murdered' in private school; 3 teachers detained