NCP president Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said he would not be surprised if there is mid-term poll in Maharashtra soon after BMC (Mumbai municipal corporation) elections.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Eknath Khadse on Wednesday said Aamir Khan's comments were part of "conspiracy" to defame the government.
CBI is likely to seek extension of police custody of media baron Peter Mukherjea in Sheena murder case.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmed Javed on Wednesday said parents have a pivotal role to play to guard against the youngsters joining terror outfit ISIS.
Over one lakh school students from across the city are expected to participate in a programme to recite the preamble of the Constitution of India at Yashwant Stadium here on Thursday to mark the Constitution Day.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday refused to be drawn into the controversy over Aamir Khan's remarks on rising intolerance even as the ruling alliance partner Shiv Sena has hit out at the superstar.
The Congress and NCP are likely to formalise their pre-poll alliance next week for the upcoming elections to the eight seats of the Legislative Council from the self-government bodies in Maharashtra.
Sheena Bora was murdered in April 2012 and the case broke out in August this year.
The Mumbai Police have now decided that they will no more use Section 110 (public indecency) of the Bombay Police Act, 1951.
With every little ones' first cry comes a man banging a steel plate with a stick and ward boys and nurses running on the street offering "congratulations" and sweets to people.
The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday conducted searches on the premises of a firm here in connection with its money laundering probe in the Rajasthan ambulance scam case.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea is being evasive during his interrogation by CBI team here which grilled him for several hours on Tuesday after he was shifted from Mumbai in connection with the murder case of his step-daughter Sheena Bora.
In a shocking incident, a nine-year- old school girl from Bhayander here was allegedly raped by three of her teachers repeatedly since 2014.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, had willed most of her property to Vidhie Khanna, her daughter from earlier marriage with Sanjeev Khanna, a co-accused in the case, the CBI chargesheet said.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi has dissolved its district units in Maharashtra, barring Mumbai and Thane, with immediate effect to curb infighting, a party official said here on Tuesday.
Observer Research Foundation Chairman Sudheendra Kulkarni has written a letter to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, suggesting that the state should join the international community in commemorating the 100th anniversary of Albert Einstein's 'General Theory of Relativity'.
The CBI is likely to subject former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea to narco analysis test as the agency believes the latter is ''deliberately concealing facts'' related to crime.
According to the girl, the teachers took turns to sexually abuse her several times in empty classrooms.
It seems blockbuster offers are raining for Indian aspirants from search engine giant Google.
Mumbai has 40 political parties which are on radar of the SEC, while 20 are from Thane district, 25 political parties got notice from Jalgaon, 24 from Pune, 22 from Ahemdnagar, 13 from Solapur, 21 from Satara, 13 from Sangli and 14 from Kolhapur includes Tararani Aghadi Paksha.
Earlier in the day, state unit BJP president Raosaheb Danve told reporters that date of Cabinet expansion will be decided at the meeting.
Vinod Nandgaonkar, presently on deputation with National Investigation Agency, his wife and son sustained injuries.
Peter Mukerjea and his wife Indrani, arrested in Sheena Bora murder case, had approached a senior Mumbai Police officer in 2012 seeking help to trace the call location of Sheena.
Financial transaction was the motive behind Sheena Bora's murder.
They met, fell head over heels in love with each other, and exchanged rings. But who knew that the love story of Sheena Bora and Rahul Mukerjea will have such a painful end.
Indrani Mukerjea's daughter Vidhie told the investigating agency that her mother was divorcing Peter.
Rahul Mukerjea supposedly wrote a mail to his father Peter which may have nailed the former media tycoon.
Heavy unseasonal rains lashed the city and suburbs, inundating low-lying areas and throwing traffic out of gear.
A 30-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her father-in-law here after which he was roughed up by locals prompting him to flee his village Nikha-Gaotanpada, police said on Monday.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma