Transport services in the city remained unaffected on Wednesday, as suburban train services, autorickshaws and BEST city buses were operating normally despite the one-day nationwide strike called by central trade unions.
After saying mum for nearly a week, Indrani Mukerjea, the former media tycoon has finally admitted to have played a role in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, media reports said on Wednesday.
Maharashtra joined a staggering 300 million workers in the government and private sector, the financial sector, banks and financial institutions, and the farming community across the country for a day's token strike protesting what they alleged was the government's 'anti-exployees' policies here on Wednesday, a top organiser said.
The Mumbai Police has written to Facebook to find out if they can get any information on Sheena Bora’s profile, as per media reports.
An unidentified person abducted a 5-year-old girl sleeping by her mother's side from a house in the wee hours on Tuesday and raped her at a public toilet, police said here.
Nearly a week after a baby girl was allegedly murdered in Pune, police has claimed to crack the case with the help of CCTV footage.
The controversial Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali has been granted bail by the Bombay High Court in seven cases filed by the Income Tax Department for allegedly evading tax to the tune of Rs one lakh crore during 2001 to 2007.
All police stations in Mumbai are set to be brought under a proposed network of CCTV cameras, a move that will check custodial deaths and encourage citizens to freely approach police for filing complaints.
One person was killed and two others were seriously injured in a low intensity blast at a scrap shop at Kondhwa here on Tuesday.
Siddharth Das, who claims to be the biological father of Sheena Bora, who is believed to have been killed by her mother and media tycoon Indrani Mukerjea and her ex-husband, on Tuesday said that he will fully cooperate with the Mumbai Police, which is trying to crack the murder mystery.
Taking serious note of deaths due to spurious liquor consumption, the Maharashtra government is planning to allow a permit holder to keep 12 bottles of alcohol at home against the existing two.
Just days after Indrani Mukerjea was arrested for the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora (claimed to be younger 'sister' at the time of arrest), it was reported that Sheena could have been pregnant when she was killed.
The Mumbai Police, which is probing the mysterious murder of 27-year-old Sheena Bora, is likely to subject Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna and other suspects in the case to narco analysis tests to corroborate information provided by them.
Four teams have been formed by police as part of its probe into the murder of noted Kannada progressive thinker and scholar MM Kalburgi, who was shot dead at his residence at Dharwad in north Karnataka on Sunday.
The state government on Tuesday gave a nod to an ordinance for amending the Maharashtra Prevention of Dangerous Activities (MPDA) Act, under which sand mafia will not get bail for one year after arrest.
One person was killed and another injured in a gas cylinder explosion at a scrap shop at Kondhwa in the city today, police said.
With claims and counter-claims and new leads emerging in the investigation, Siddharth Das, who was reported to be Indrani Mukerjea's first husband on Tuesday said that she could have murdered her daughter Sheena Bora.
The Maharashtra Other Backward Class (OBC) Organization has opposed reservation status to Patel and Maratha communities.
Indrani Mukerjea, wife of former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, on Monday faced fresh charges of poisoning and attempting to murder her son Mikhail on the day her daughter Sheena was killed more than three years ago as police suspect involvement of people outside the state in the sensational crime.
The Maharashtra government announced here today that seven IAS officials have been transferred.
Even after her death, Sheena Bora's Facebook account and mobile were pretty much alive! As per media reports, Sheena's boyfriend Rahul Mukerjea received few messages from her mobile even after her demise.
A Mumbai Metropolitan court on Monday extended till September 5 the police custody of all three arrested accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, including that of her mother Indrani Mukerjea, to enable investigators dig deeper into the sordid saga.
In an attempt to break the 'tough nut' Indrani and her former husband Sanjeev Khanna, accused in the sensational Sheena murder case, Mumbai Police may conduct a brain mapping and narco test on them.
Indrani Mukerjea became emotional on meeting her daughter in a Mumbai court on Monday and broke down.
Indrani Mukerjea's former husband Sanjeev Khanna has reportedly told the Mumbai Police that he agreed to be part of the plot to kill Sheena Bora after he was told that his daughter Vidhie's life may be in danger.
Indrani Mukerjea's laywers claimed on Monday that she was roughed up and slapped while in police custody.
The Mumbai Police has detained the contract killer, who was hired by Indrani Mukerjea to eliminate her son Mikhail Bora.
As investigators continued to probe different angles in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea has admitted that she "hated" her daughter but added that she could not kill her.
The Mumbai Police will on Monday produce Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai before the Bandra magistrate's court as the police remand of the trio ends today.
In another twist to the Sheena Bora murder case, the Mumbai Police will slap fresh charges of attempt to murder against Indrani Mukerjea, her second husband Sanjeev Khanna and the driver for allegedly trying to kill Mikhail Bora, the brother of the deceased.
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- Has Pakistan forgotten its history of losses at the hands of India? - Part II
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- LPG cylinders without subsidy now Rs. 25.50 less in Delhi
- DNA: Manipur in boil, but where is the media!
- Auto-taxi strike in Delhi on Wednesday against govt's new taxi services
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- Manipur violence: Houses of state health minister, 5 MLAs set on fire; curfew imposed in Churachandpur
- Agreed to kill Sheena Bora after Indrani Mukerjea told me Vidhie's life was in danger: Sanjeev Khanna
- Who sent messages from Sheena's mobile to her boyfriend Rahul after she was murdered? - Read
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report
- Is Sheena Bora alive?