A special CBI court here today rejected an application filed by the former media baron Peter Mukerjea opposing commencement of framing of charges in the Sheena Bora murder case.
Over 1,000 students of a junior college here have written postcards, to be delivered to the Indian army, condemning the recent Uri terror attack in Kashmir in which 18 security personnel were killed.
Unidentified persons allegedly belonging to the Sambhaji Brigade pelted stones at the Saamana printing press in Navi Mumbai while some other persons threw ink outside the Thane office of the Shiv Sena mouthpiece on Tuesday, an official said here.
Unknown persons pelted the Saamana printing press in Navi Mumbai with stones and threw ink at its offices in Thane on Tuesday, an official said here.
Continuing with their agitation in various districts of Maharashtra, members of the Maratha community took out a huge silent march here pressing for reservation in educational institutes and government jobs besides demanding strict action against culprits of the Kopardi rape case.
The CCTV footage of the incident, which took place at a housing society in suburban Kothrud, has gone viral.
A Special NIA Court here on Monday rejected the bail application filed by Col. Prasad S. Purohit (retd.), one of the prime accused in the Malegaon 2008 blasts case.
Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar has also praised the constable. WATCH the amazing video!
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Sunday said his government was committed to resolve the issues being raised by the Maratha community, agitating over reservation demand and punishment for culprits of Kopardi rape and murder case.
Several lakhs of people took part in the march which went on for about five hours before culminating at the Golf Grounds, organisers said.
Earlier, the Maratha rallies in Navi Mumbai, Akola, Latur and Nanded drew huge crowds.
Police and authorities had last night diverted the vehicles from Chiplun towards NH-4 to reach Kolhapur after the downpour intensified.
When the lady conceived, her husband, Gajanan Bangar, started seeking unnatural sex.
The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking is planning to have mobile ticketing services soon which will allow any commuter to buy bus tickets initially through its website and mobile application.
A high alert was sounded along the Mumbai coast and adjoining areas yesterday after a group of men were spotted moving suspiciously near a naval base at Uran in Raigad district.
Normal to heavy rainfall has disrupted normal life in the city in the last 48 hours with the weatherman predicting rainfall at regular intervals in the next 24 hours.
With the construction of 4-lane Mumbai-Goa highway, to be completed by 2018, travel time will reduce to six hours, Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari said here on Thursday.
Voicing concerns over the "deplorable" state of rivers in Mumbai resulting in drainage issues and water-logging during monsoon, the Bombay High Court on Thursday said authorities like BMC and MMRDA will have to jointly take immediate measures to address the issue.
Continuing the state-wide protest of the community, thousands of Marathas on Thursday took out a silent march here.
Maharashtra's Uran houses an ammunition dump of the Indian Navy.
Heavy rains continue to lash large parts of Maharashtra, with many areas recording three-digit (in millimetres) rainfall, including Mumbai and coastal districts, officials said here on Wednesday.
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said talks with Pakistan "would not yield any result".
The Supreme Court on Wednesday said dance bars in Maharashtra will continue to operate under the old terms and conditions that permitted serving of liquor with CCTV cameras at the entrance.
Supreme Court has refused to entertain a plea alleging that petitions challenging Maharashtra government's decision to grant 16 per cent quota to Marathas in jobs and education in the state were still pending adjudication.
The Bombay High Court today observed that there was complete failure on the part of the Maharashtra government in demolition of illegal shrines across the state in keeping with its policy stated in a government resolution (GR) last year.
Indian Army soldier Chandrakant Shankar Galande - who was martyred in a terror attack in Uri on Sunday - was cremated with full military honours here on Tuesday morning, officials said.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday paid tributes to the jawans, who laid down their lives in the Uri attack in Kashmir.
People of four villages in Maharashtra turned up in large number to share the grief of the families of four bravehearts from the state, who were among the 18 jawans martyred in the Uri terror attack.
Condemning the Uri terror attack that left 18 Army personnel dead and several others injured, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday said those fighting terrorism should also be felicitated.
Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has reportedly sniffed him out of a posh Bandra West colony in Mumbai where top Bollywood starts live.
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH