Mumbai police on Thursday moved an application in the sessions court seeking issuance of a Letter of Request (LR) against Pakistani-American LeT terrorist David Headley for his production through video conference from the US in the 26/11 terror attack case.
Jail authorities have ruled out drug overdose and "attempt to murder" angles in the Sheena Bora murder case accused Indrani Mukerjea's sudden collapse in prison last week and are now focusing on a "new angle", a senior Home Department official said on Thursday.
Controversial self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa was on Thursday granted pre-arrest bail in a dowry harassment case by the Bombay High Court.
Maharashtra government is in the process of formulating a "de-radicalisation" strategy in the minority pockets of the state under which various minority welfare schemes will be integrated into a single unit to expedite their implementation.
The Office of the Maharashtra Lokayukta is all set to initiate the process of accelerated grievance redressal by making the registration online, Lokayukta of Maharashtra, M L Tahiliyani, said.
Self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa, who has recently been in news for all the wrong reasons had filed a petition in Mumbai High Court over pre-arrest bail order. The HC reserved its order on Wednesday, and the decision is likely to come out today.
Mumbai has now become part of a network of international cities that will exchange techniques and develop infrastructure to combat extremism.
The Bombay HC on Wednesday reserved its order on a pre-arrest bail petition filed by self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa.
A Mumbai court Wednesday allowed the CBI to quiz all accused in the Sheena Bora murder case in jail.
Former media honcho Indrani Mukerjea in her statement recorded with police late on Tuesday denied taking any pills.
Indrani Mukerjea's statement was recorded in the suspected drug overdose case on Tuesday night.
Sanatan Sanstha activist Sameer Gaikwad, arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Govind Pansare, has been kept in custody solely on the basis of suspicion and there is no proof against him on Tuesday, Maharashtra Minister of State for Home Ranjit Patil said here today.
Indrani Mukerjea, who is alleged to have killed her daughter Sheena Bora, was discharged from Mumbai's JJ Hospital on Tuesday.
A Mumbai court on Tuesday reserved its order till tomorrow on a CBI plea seeking permission to interrogate in jail former media magnate Indrani Mukherjea and two other accused in the Sheena Bora murder case.
The Maharashtra government had launched a Naxal surrender policy on August 29, 2005 which has been extended time and again.
Former media magnate Indrani Mukherjea, prime accused in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, is conscious and will soon give her statement to police officials, a senior doctor said Tuesday.
Ranjan Mathai, former Foreign secretary told the special TADA court that the Ministry of External Affairs hadn't held any meeting regarding the additional charges slapped against Abu Salem.
A senior Maharashtra Home Department official said on Monday that it is being ascertained whether Indrani Mukerjea was "poisoned" inside the jail.
The city police on Monday informed the Bombay High Court that no evidence has been found disclosing violation of the Black Magic Act by self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa.
Opposition Congress has alleged that the BJP-led Maharasthra government was not keen on making 'hawker-free zone' the lane in Mumbai where Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar's iconic house 'Rajgriha' is located and was not keeping with its earlier assurance on the matter.
Aam Aadmi Party's Maharashtra unit president Subhash Ware has resigned from the membership of AAP's National Executive, saying he is shocked at the "undemocratic way" in which the state unit has been dissolved.
A Mumbai court on Monday extended judicial custody of Indrani Mukherjea's former husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyam Rai till October 19 in Sheena Bora murder case.
Three youths have been arrested in the city for gang-rape of a teenage girl.
Indrani Mukherjea is out of danger and may be shifted back to jail in couple of days.
Indrani Mukerjea on Sunday regained consciousness.
An I and B Ministry panel has blamed the agitating students and the faculty of FTII for the prevailing situation at the campus here, as it defended the institute's controversial decision to call police in the campus after the gherao of its director.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, is in critical condition, Dean of Sir JJ Hospital, TP Lahane said on Saturday.
Lawyer of Indrani Mukherjea, who is in an unconscious state at a hospital here after allegedly consuming an overdose of drugs, was on Saturday not allowed to meet her and enquired about her health from the JJ Hospital Dean.
Former media magnate Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, a doctor said on Saturday.
The third round of meeting to break the deadlock between agitating FTII students and information and broadcasting ministry officials, which was supposed to be held here on October 6, will now be held in Mumbai on the next day (October 7).
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- DNA: India and Germany sign 18 MoUs for cooperation
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- DNA: Watch image of India-Pakistan border at night
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Jail sting reveals ex-UP minister Amarmani Tripathi's luxurious life in custody
- Rafa Nadal thrown by ex-ball boy, Novak Djokovic catches fire
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- Islamic State theatens 'the man who killed Osama bin Laden'
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan