A retired police dog named `Tiger` passed away on Saturday.
The National Investigation Agency on June 29 busted an IS module.
The Adarsh Society building, originally intended to be a six-storey structure to house Kargil War heroes and widows, was later transformed into a 100-metre tall tower.
In more trouble for controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik, one of his close aides was arrested by the Maharashtra ATS and the Kerala Police in a joint operation for alleged terror links late on Thursday.
In a suspected case of honour killing, a 16-year-old Dalit boy was allegedly killed by family members of an upper caste girl with whom he was in love with in Navi Mumbai.
The Pune-based Film and Television Institute has adopted a slew of tough measures aimed at creating a peaceful environment for its students.
Peter Mukerjea, a co-accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, was fond of late night parties and pretty young women, revealed the former wife of the ex-Star India CEO.
Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil on Wednesday posed an embarrassing question to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party-Shiv Sena alliance government on how 'tur dal' costs Rs 120/kg for the poor in fair price (ration) shops, but only Rs 99 in malls where the wealthy shop.
A CBI witnesses has claimed that Peter Mukerjea, former media baron and an accused in Sheena Bora murder case, had "no morals" and had many women in his life.
Slamming senior Congress leader Narayan Rane over his allegation that criminals were joining the BJP, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.
Excise inspector Sandip Maruti Sabale had died three years ago in a road accident.
The management of Mumbai city's famous 'Siddhivinayak' Temple, dedicated to Lord Ganesh, has announced that the temple trust will now accept shares as donations.
Two high-speed patrol boats of Indian Navy, which are used for security of assets in the waters around Mumbai, on Tuesday sank at the naval dockyard here following a fire that broke out in one of the vessels.
Jaidev, Thackeray's estranged son, has challenged the Sena supremo's will of December 2011 which bequeaths a large chunk of the estate to Uddhav and does not give him anything.
Several dance bar and hotel owners in Mumbai on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court challenging the constitutional validity of the government's new law alleging that it results in banning of dance performances by artistes.
Fire broke out aboard a patrol boat at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai in the early hours of Tuesday, officials said. There was no loss of life.
Social activist Anna Hazare today sought death penalty for those accused of brutally raping and killing a 15-year-old girl at a village in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district.
The good rainfall in catchment areas has led to a considerable rise in levels of water reservoirs, though BMC said the stock was "satisfactory", but not "sufficient".
The gangrape and murder of a 15-year-old girl at Kopardi village in Ahmednagar district figured in the Maharashtra Assembly for the second day today as the opposition members wore black badges to condemn the crime.
Amid uproarious scenes in the Maharashtra assembly, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday made a detailed statement on the gang-rape and murder of a schoolgirl.
Amid uproarious scenes in the Maharashtra assembly, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday made a detailed statement on the gangrape and murder of a schoolgirl which evoked memories of the gruesome December 2012 Delhi gangrape case, and assured stringent action against those responsible.
Amid uproarious scenes in the Maharashtra assembly, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday made a detailed statement on the gang-rape and murder of a schoolgirl which evoked memories of the abhoring 2012 Nirbhaya case of Delhi.
The monsoon session of Maharashtra Legislature commenced today amid vociferous protests by opposition against the Devendra Fadnavis government on issues like corruption, Ahmednagar gagrape case and agrarian crisis.
"If this government has guts then it should first foil the bids of these smaller Dawoods."
The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Musalmeen can still restore its registration with the State Election Commission of Maharashtra (SECM) by submitting the documents of its audited accounts and Income Tax returns, even as the Hyderabad-based party has decided to file its appeal with the poll watchdog against its de-registration in state.
A minor dalit girl was allegedly kidnapped, gangraped and then brutally killed in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra.
A shocking incident of suspected honour killing has been reported from Maharashtra's Nagpur.
The Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Saturday adjourned the hearing on Peter Mukerjea`s application which sought the statement of witness number 32 till July 20.
Several Muslim outfits staged a protest here on Saturday, expressing solidarity with controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik and criticised the Centre and the Maharashtra government for trying to "stifle" the voice of a man of "peace and harmony."
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Pakistan ups ante, says will ask UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- Hafiz Saeed confirms his association with separatist leader Asiya Andrabi, Burhani Wani
- IMF expresses confidence in Christine Lagarde as French court orders trial
- Petition in Pak court seeks registration of FIR against PM Modi
- HC junks Vodafone plea against IT demand of over Rs 7.5 crore
- Maruti Vitara Brezza receives over 1 lakh bookings
- Boman Irani was 'professional' with son Kayoze on '...Michael Mishra' set
- UP assembly elections: Congress plans massive road show, public meeting on July 25
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares