Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde on Saturday said they just want to strengthen the Madrasa education.
Scores of locals from Mumbra, a Muslim pocket here, burnt effigies of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to protest against the state government's decision to de-recognise madrasas which impart only religious education.
Amid outrage over Maharashtra government's decision to de-recognise madrasas which only educate students on Islam, the Shiv Sena Saturday said the move should not be seen as one intended to strike a blow to religious education in the state.
Navi Mumbai Police here claimed to have solved the case of abduction and murder of a Airoli girl with the arrest of her uncle, who killed the 8-year-old for revenge.
The Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has summoned the Yavatmal collector over the spate of suicides reported among Kolam tribal farmers of this district in the past few months, an activist said here on Saturday.
As many as 32 people, including 17 women, were arrested in a raid at a bar here, police said on Saturday.
Impressed with the progress of Maharashtra's 'Jal Yukt Shivar Abhiyan,' Rajashtan may also adopt the state's flagship water conservation and Integrated water management scheme.
Senior advocate Ram Jethmalani has claimed that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his close associate, Chhota Shakeel, had offered to surrender to Indian authorities in the 90s, but the then-Maharashtra chief minister Sharad Pawar had rejected the offer.
Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde, who is currently battling corruption charges, on Saturday claimed that the allegations against her are a conspiracy.
Union Minister Muktar Abbas Naqvi on Friday sought to allay apprehensions of Muslim community over the decision of the BJP-led Government in Maharashtra to de-recognise Madrasas which impart only religious education, saying Madrasas "are a reality of India" and "there should be no politics on the issue".
Software major Microsoft has agreed to support 'digital villages' in Maharashtra and develop a 'smart MIDC' apart from setting up a cyber-security centre in Pune.
Resident doctors posted at state government and municipal hospitals across Maharashtra called off their two-day strike following an amicable settlement of a majority of their demands, a top leader of the doctors said here on Friday.
The striking doctors called off their strike in Maharashtra on Friday.
Bring down noise pollution levels during festivals, the Bombay High Court sternly told the Maharashtra government on Friday while giving a last chance to the Chief Secretary to file an affidavit identifying officers responsible for not implementing court directives on the issue.
With an increase in number of incidents where children and women in state-run shelter homes are sexually and physically abused, the Maharashtra government on Friday told the Bombay High Court that it will soon install CCTV cameras in all such facilities.
The Youth Congress on Friday staged a protest against Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde, who is currently battling corruption charges.
An assistant police inspector from the traffic department was arrested by the ACB for allegedly taking bribe, police said on Friday.
The Bombay High Court on Friday dismissed a public interest litigation challenging the appointments of the vice-chancellors of Mumbai University and Shivaji University in Kolhapur after finding no merit in it.
Body of an 8-year-old school student, who went 'missing' after being allegedly abducted on Monday evening, was found in the jungles of Bhayander here, police said on Friday.
The famous Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust here has witnessed a steady rise in its fortunes in the form of donations from devotees over the last few years, a senior official of the organisation said on Friday.
A day after one of India's well known 'encounter specialist' Daya Nayak was suspended, it has emerged that the police officer had declined to join his new posting at Nagpur over concerns for "family's safety".
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for allegedly delaying an Air India flight after an official in his team forgot to carry proper travel documents, alliance partner Shiv Sena on Friday asked if similar "social work" would be done for an ill person as well.
Manorama S Kotnis, a sister of the legendary medico and doyen of India-China friendship, late Dwarkanath S Kotnis, has died in her Mumbai suburb home, a family friend said here on Friday. She was 94.
As many as 884 people, many of them minor girls, went missing every month on an average from the metropolis during the last decade though a vast majority of them have been traced, according to figures released by Mumbai police.
Terming his meeting with India-born Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella as "very productive" and "insightful", Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said the software giant will extend support for a digital village and smart city in the state.
Over 4,000 resident doctors in Maharashtra, demanding certain amenities from the government, have continued with their strike for a second day.
Two passengers travelling on the same US-bound Air India aircraft from Mumbai as Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis have come out in his support, saying he did not delay the flight even as he has threatened legal action once he returns to India.
Police sub-inspector and 'encounter specialist' Daya Nayak has been suspended from Maharashtra Police.
Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde on Thursday appealed to the resident doctors of government medical colleges to call off their indefinite strike, saying accepted most of their demands have been accepted.
With Maharashtra government's controversial decision on madrasas creating a political furore, Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Thursday blamed the previous Congress led-government for bringing the Right to Education (RTE) Act, which does not consider madrasas as educational institutions.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- France says no to asylum for WikiLeaks` Julian Assange