Maharashtra Chief Secretary Swadheen Kshatriya said around 800 dignitaries from the country and abroad have been invited for the dinner.
26/11 attacks convict David Coleman Headley is testifying for the fourth day before a Mumbai court on Friday.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) today said Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is set to launch the 'Make in India Week' later this week, also need to "showcase" farmers' suicides in the state to global leaders.
In what may prove to be a bitter pill for middle class families, those consuming over 300 units of electricity in Maharashtra may have to pay more tariff in the near future.
The driver of the Skoda car lost balance and fell off along with the car and died on the spot.
Mumbai terror attack convict David Headley's deposition, which entered the third day on Wednesday before the Special Mumbai court, was adjourned till tomorrow due to technical glitch in video-conferencing.
Fundamental rights of a citizen are above customs and traditions, the government submitted before the court.
Amruta said, “I don’t believe in any kind of miracle and Guruwanand Swami gave me the chain as his blessing.”
It took six surgeries within a year of the attacks and many physiotherapy sessions that Rotawan walked without the crutches.
The Enforcement Directorate on Monday told a special court here that former MP Sameer Bhujbal, nephew of NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal, had floated several companies to channel and launder proceeds of "criminal activity".
On seeing the police, the 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang attacked them with stones and firearms.
Lashing out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow, the Shiv Sena on Monday branded Uttar Pradesh as an "Islamic state" and alleged that the state government has begun "anti-national business" for appeasing politics.
Four suspected members of the notorious 'Chaddi Baniyan' gang were arrested in the wee hours on Monday in an encounter with police after they robbed an elderly couple in suburban Borivali.
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Sunday said there should be no discrimination between men and women trying to enter the Shani Shingnapur temple.
Two-wheeler pillion riders too will now have to wear helmets in Maharashtra with the state Transport department on Saturday issuing a circular to this effect as per the orders of the Bombay High Court.
The ongoing row over the entry of women in the Shani Shingnapur Temple at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra is likely to come to an end after both the parties on Saturday agreed to accept the decision of Mahasrashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on the issue.
Hearing on prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea's bail plea will begin in the Mumbai Sessions' court on Saturday.
In a bid to end the deadlock over allowing women to enter Shani Shingnapur temple in Maharashtra, the District Administration of Ahmednagar called for a meeting on Saturday between protestors and the temple management.
At a hearing in the special court where the mafia don was produced via video-link from Delhi's Tihar Jail, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) prosecutor Bharat Badami informed special judge SS Adkar that first, Chhota Rajan had given his consent for the voice test, but later refused it.
Indrani Mukerjea is currently lodged at the Byculla women's jail in Mumbai.
Chhota Rajan has said he would agree to give voice samples only after consulting his lawyers.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Friday ordered a probe into the fire at the Deonar dumping ground.
The Mumbai Police detained a 25-year-old man for allegedly raping a three-year-old girl from Dindoshi suburb of Goregaon area.
Mumbai: A man allegedly tried to commit suicide inside social activist Anna Hazare's office in Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra, police said on Thursday.
A special court on Thursday granted permission to the CBI to question three accused in the Sheena Bora murder case - Indrani Mukerjea, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai - in jail after the agency said some "new facts" have emerged.
A few onlookers showed exemplary courage and nabbed two of the attackers, while the third attacker managed to escape.
Former chief minister Ashok Chavan is currently a Lok Sabha member from Maharashtra and chief of the state unit of the Congress party.
The smoke from the fire had engulfed the city's skyline sending pollution readings to an alarming level.
Besides Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the event will be attended by leaders from 56 countries and 10,000 delegates.
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- JNU controversy: Right to dissent essential ingredient of democracy, says Rahul Gandhi
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL