In the latest development, Mumbai Police which is investigating the high profile Sheena Bora murder case claimed on Friday night that they have recovered the hired car in which she was strangulated to death.
In a yet another revelation in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, media reports on Friday said that the victim's mother and the prime accused Indrani did make-up of her victim daughter before taking her to the Pen forest area of Raigad where she was dumped into a suitcase and put on fire.
People trying to bring change in government through legal means will not face sedition charge in Maharashtra, but those attempting to bring into "hatred or contempt, dissatisfaction and provoking violence" against the central or state government will be slapped with sedition charges.
Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, her husband and former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea, and others who have come under the investigators' scanner in the murky family saga Friday faced day-long interrogation.
A man who allegedly stole a Harley Davidson bike on the pretext of trial run from a showroom in Banjara Hills here, was arrested in Mumbai today and has turned out to be an IIT-Chennai graduate, police said.
With more revelations being made by the prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case every day, the Mumbai Police is now seeking the details of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea and his wife Indrani, who is the prime suspect in the case.
Vaishali Patil, a social-worker working for the tribals in Gagode village from 25 years, on Friday called the forest, where Sheena Bora was buried a `killer favourite,` adding that actor Ranjit`s farm was located next door that had also seen six murders.
Sheena Bora's biological father Siddharth Das has been quizzed by the Mumbai Police and his statement recorded in connection with the her murder case, police said on Friday.
Indrani Mukerjea, who has been arrested by the Mumbai Police for allegedly killing her daughter Sheena Bora, has been concerned about her daughter Vidhie, as per media reports.
Siddharth Das, Indrani Mukerjea’s former live-in partner, has not gone missing contrary to media reports.
New revelations have been tumbling out everyday in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case.
The Bombay High Court on Thursday said while there was a "laudable intention" behind the recent police raids on hotels in suburban Malwani following complaints of a prostitution racket operating there, innocent persons cannot be harassed and their privacy should not be invaded.
Days after police here in Maharashtra admitted that no case was registered by them after the remains suspected to be of Sheena Bora were found from the murder site in forests near Pen in 2012, a report on Thursday said that a probe has revealed that the police were in the process of filing an FIR, until a senior cop interfered.
Criticising Thane police's lackadaisical approach in not taking timely action on an RTI activist's request for protection, the Maharashtra State Human Rights Commission (MSHRC) has ordered the government to pay Rs 10 lakh to the victim seriously injured in an attack on him.
As the murder mystery of Sheena Bora continues to surprise the nation, Indrani Mukerjea, the wife of former STAR India CEO Peter Mukerjea, confessed to her role in the sensational crime on Thursday, reports said.
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has pulled up his party ministers for "not doing enough to help" people affected by water crisis in Marathwada region and asked them to "gear up" by visiting the drought-hit areas.
The Sheena Bora murder case has hogged media headlines and consequent public attention for the last few days. The diary of Sheena bears testimony to how much she hated her mother Indrani Mukerjea.
The Mumbai Police on Thursday began questioning Peter Mukerjea, the husband of prime accused Indrani Mukerjea in Sheena Bora murder case, a day after recording the statement of former media tycoon.
Residents of a village in drought-hit Marathwada's Beed district have threatened self-immolation to protest non-availability of drought relief measures.
After the decision to change the name of Aurangzeb Road to Abdul Kalam Road in Delhi, the Shiv Sena wants Aurangabad to be renamed as Sambhaji Nagar.
Republican Party of India (A) president Ramdas Athawale on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the cases against self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa, who has been accused of intimidation, sexual harassment and voyeurism, and threatened of agitation if the demand was not met.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said that he has directed the administration to reserve 10% of additional water for animals in drought-affected areas of the state.
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked Maharashtra government to file its response within a week to a petition seeking constitution of a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the killing of noted activist and Communist Party of India leader Govind Pansare.
In a new twist in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case, Indrani Mukerjea reportedly said on Wednesday that Mikhail was her adopted son.
Transport services in the city remained unaffected on Wednesday, as suburban train services, autorickshaws and BEST city buses were operating normally despite the one-day nationwide strike called by central trade unions.
After saying mum for nearly a week, Indrani Mukerjea, the former media tycoon has finally admitted to have played a role in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, media reports said on Wednesday.
Maharashtra joined a staggering 300 million workers in the government and private sector, the financial sector, banks and financial institutions, and the farming community across the country for a day's token strike protesting what they alleged was the government's 'anti-exployees' policies here on Wednesday, a top organiser said.
The Mumbai Police has written to Facebook to find out if they can get any information on Sheena Bora’s profile, as per media reports.
An unidentified person abducted a 5-year-old girl sleeping by her mother's side from a house in the wee hours on Tuesday and raped her at a public toilet, police said here.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- Top 25 news @10am
- Top 10 news @7am
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- S Sreesanth praises Virat Kohli for backing 'suspended' Ishant Sharma
- PM Narendra Modi gives 'Buddha mantra' for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Syrian boy, 3, lying dead on Turkish beach: A picture that moved the world!
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- 'Porn star' Sunny Leone's vulgar condom advt is no art: Atul Anjan
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open