A woman and her three-year-old daughter were killed and six others injured when a house was hit by a massive landslide at Ngur village at Mizoram-Myanmar border, police said on Friday.
North East News
Remembering the supreme sacrifice made during the Kargil War in 1999, Inspector General Assam Rifles (North), Major General M S Jaswal and jawans today paid rich tribute to Late Captain Neikezhakuo Kenguruse at his memorial located near Nerhema village in Nagaland's Kohima district.
Leading human rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila, popularly known as Manipur's 'Iron Lady', will reportedly end her 16-year long fast on August 9 and contest upcoming polls in this north-eastern state.
The ruling Mizoram Pradesh Congress Committee today denied that there was a proposal to create Kamalanagar District in south Mizoram's Chawngte area comprising the Chakma Autonomous District Council as alleged by the opposition parties and student organisations.
The flood situation continued to be critical in Arunachal Pradesh as the overflowing Noa Dehing river on Monday submerged the National Highway-52 at Namsai district.
A 24-year-old housewife from the minority Muslim community was allegedly shot dead by BSF trooper in Sonunamura`s Bangladesh border of Tripura on Friday.
Incessant downpour over the past couple of days has triggered landslides and floods in several districts of Arunachal Pradesh throwing normal life out of gear. Besides damaging culverts and some buildings, the floods and mudslide submerged low-lying areas and a rural link road and disrupted power supply.
Former Arunachal Pradesh assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking review of its verdict saying that it is "constitutionally impermissible" for the Speaker to decide on the plea for disqualification of lawmakers under the anti-defection law when a motion of no-confidence is pending against him.
The supply of essentials and fuel continues to be hit badly in Tripura for more than one-and-a half months now even as the state government sought the Centre's intervention to restore National Highway-8 which has been badly damaged.
Congress leader Pema Khandu will take oath as the Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday after the party managed to convince rebel legislators to come back into the fold and avoid a floor test.
The Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly at Naharlagun has been put under tight security cover ahead of the floor test by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstalled as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Wednesday, will have to take the floor test on Saturday as directed by Governor Tathagata Roy.
Arunachal Pradesh CM Nabam Tuki met Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday and sought ten days time to prove his majority in the house.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstated as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister by the Supreme Court two days ago, has sought more time to prove majority.
In a major setback to BJP and the Centre, the Supreme Court on Wednesday had ordered restoration of the Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh.
Kalikho Pul on Thursday claimed that he has majority in the Arunachal assembly and will prove it on the floor of the house when required.
Rebel Congress leader Kalikho Pul, whose government in Arunachal Pradesh was effectively declared null and void by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, on Thursday said he respected the apex court judgement but asked everyone to wait for the Assembly floor test.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s state president Tapir Gao on Thursday said that it respects the Supreme Court`s decision, however, added that Nabam Tuki government needs to prove majority in the floor house before taking charge of the government.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul Wednesday said that there was no threat to his government as the required numbers are with him and it will be decided on the floor of the Assembly.
Hours after the Supreme Court ordered the restoration of the Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at the Central government saying those who had trampled upon democratic norms have been defeated.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday hailed the Supreme Court judgment restoring his government and called it a "historic" ruling.
With Supreme Court ordering restoration of Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi grabbed the oppostunity to take a swipe on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Governor's decision to advance Arunachal Assembly session was violative of Article 163 of the Constitution, the SC said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor JP Rajkhowa had advanced to December 16, 2015, the commencement of the Assembly session.
Except Mizoram and Sikkim, most parts of northeast India have so far experienced deficient monsoon rains, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Monday.
Megalithic stone structures, and iron implements which dates back to the prehistoric period have been found.
A Manipuri woman has alleged racism and harassment at the Delhi airport by immigration officials.
Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy was on Sunday sworn in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) today said that it has decided to severe ties with BJP with which it had electoral alliance during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in the Aizawl Municipal Corporation (AMC) election in 2015.
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Know who will essay Sunny Leone in her biopic
- British economy grows 0.6% in second quarter
- Your present desire for bread, sausages may be over 500-yrs-old
- Sahara rejects $1.3 billion offer, calls it attempt to lower price
- E-commerce could create 12 mn jobs over 10 years: HSBC
- Coal scam: Convicted RSPL officials get up to 3 years in jail
- Photo alert! Birthday girl Kriti Sanon in Mauritius with Sushant Singh Rajput for last schedule of 'Raabta'
- This is your brain on ''risk-taking''
- Aam Aadmi Party volunteer Soni suicide case: Delhi Police arrests accused Ramesh Bhardwaj
- Global Citizen hosting: Priyanka Chopra freezes frame with Usher!
- This fearless Kerala man catches a King Cobra with ease – Watch video
- Exercise may cut gestational diabetes risk in obese women
- 79 terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir till June 30
- Xiaomi announces Redmi Pro, Mi Notebook Air