Recently US Ambassador Richard Verma visited the annual Tawang Festival in Arunachal Pradesh.
North East News
Claiming that Kalikho Pul, who allegedly committed suicide, left "explosive secret notes", Arunachal Pradesh ex-Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa has sought a CBI inquiry into the former chief minister's death.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 1200 MW Teesta Stage III Hydro Electric Project in Sikkim, all 6 units of which are expected to be ready for commissioning by the end of this year.
Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh had several programmes lined up at Hunphung village and at Chingai village in Ukhrul district.
Though the blasts took place before Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's visit, he is still going to visit the Ukhrul.
Three convicts, all serving life-imprisonment since 2012, escaped from the Central Jail in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
Irom Sharmila on Tuesday launched a new political party 'the Peoples Resurgence and Justice Alliance' (PRAJA) to contest assembly elections in Manipur due to be held early next year.
Two former Congress MLAs today joined BJP ahead of the upcoming state elections due in early 2017.
Congress has placed under suspension a legislator who rebelled against Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, following which five other members of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council tendered their resignations from the party.
The Bharatiya Janata Party is set to join the government led by Chief Minister Pema Khandu in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
A flash flood triggered by torrential rains on Monday night along Manipur-Myanmar border washed away a bridge and destroyed several houses, the police said on Tuesday.
Life in Manipur, known as the "Jewel of India", has often been disrupted by frequent strikes and shutdowns which have damaged the state`s economy and affected the livelihood of the common man.
Rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila, who is also known as the 'Iron Lady' of Manipur, will float her political outfit later this month.
Isolating Pakistan for supporting terrorism is the great achievement of the Narendra Modi government, Union Human Resource Development minister Prakash Javadekar said on Monday.
Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday announced setting up of a national consumer helpline for the northeast region.
The Mizoram government has launched a New Economic Development Policy (NEDP) to boost the state`s agriculture-based economy, develop rural infrastructure and to raise livelihood of the people.
After Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, rights activist Irom Sharmila now wants to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi expecting good advice from him.
Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) will write to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighting the Congress government's "complete failure" in maintaining law and order in Mizoram and urging them to impose President's rule in the state.
Direct train service between Agartala and Kolkata will be launched before the Durga puja, a top official of the NF Railway said today.
Two members of an inter-state gang have been arrested here for kidnapping a retired Assam Rifles personnel from the northeast and his nephew, police said on Monday. The victims have been rescued.
The Tripura Trinamool Congress burnt effigies of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the weekend, saying both were anti-Indian.
The bombs were found from an ongoing construction site by the labourers after which the police were informed.
The high-voltage political drama revolving around the resignation of two Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh came to an end today with Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongdok restoring their membership in the sixth Legislative Assembly.
Trinamool Congress and Congress MLAs today staged a noisy walkout from the Tripura Assembly separately on different issues today. TMC members walked out when Speaker Ramendra Debnath refused to admit an adjournment over Chief Minister Manik Sarkar's alleged anti-national remarks.
The threat - the first ever in Manipur - triggered panic and alarm in Tulihal international airport in Imphal.
Justice Satish Kumar Agnihotri was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court on Thursday.
Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prashad was on Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
The student bodies affiliated to the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) swept the Student Council polls in all 22 government-run degree colleges in Tripura, an official said on Wednesday.
All four MLAs of the Trinamool Congress, including the party`s state President Thounaojam Shyamkumar have joined the ruling Congress in Manipur.
Keeping BJP's option open to be a part of the PPA government in Arunachal Pradesh, North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the party will decide its future course of action during the national executive meeting.
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Surat businessman gifts cars, flats to his employees as Diwali bonus!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- DNA: Today in History | October 27, 2016
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh on Himachal visit today to review border areas with Tibet
- DNA: Analysing the problems of traffic jam in India
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Authorities discover new species of fish in remote Arunachal district
- PM Narendra Modi to celebrate Diwali with ITBP troops: Centre