The BJP on Thursday hailed the Tripura government's decision to revoke the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), which gives security forces sweeping powers and judicial immunity in conflict-hit areas.
North East News
Tripura government's decision to withdraw AFSPA from the state was on Thursday hailed by former Home Minister P Chidambaram as victory for sanity and humanity while Hurriyat's moderate faction hoped it will serve as an "eye opener" for political parties in Jammu and Kashmir.
Self-styled Finance Secretary of banned Nagaland insurgent group NSCN (K) was on Thursday arrested by National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Bangladesh National Party leader Salahuddin Ahmed, who was remanded to 14 day judicial custody yesterday, has been readmitted to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGIHMS) barely hours later after he complained of chest pain.
Minister of State for Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh has announced projects worth Rs 325 crores for the Northeast region on the occasion of completion of one year of NDA Government.
Former Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday hailed the Tripura government's decision to withdraw the AFSPA from the state, saying it is a victory for sanity and humanity.
Speaker of Manipur Assembly Th Lokeshwar Singh has disqualified three All India Trinamool Congress MLAs under the Anti-Defection law in the 10th Schedule of the Constitution.
The Meghalaya High Court has banned the media from publishing statements by organisations that call for shutdowns or rallies in the state, resulting in disruption of normal life.
The Meghalaya High Court on Wednesday threatened to cancel licenses of medical stores, hotels and taxis for denying services to citizens by shutting down, peeved at how a bandh sponsored by an outlawed militant outfit could paralyse life in the state.
Normal life came to a standstill in Meghalaya on Wednesday following a 24-hour shutdown called by the outlawed Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) in protest over the delay in passage of the Village Administration Bill by the Congress-led government.
The Tripura government on Wednesday decide to lift Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from the state, where the controversial law was in effect for the last 18 years to curb insurgency.
Former Bangladesh minister Salahuddin Ahmed, who was arrested here in Meghalaya for illegally entering India, was on Wednesday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Three persons were on Wednesday injured when suspected Garo National Liberation Army militants today triggered a low-intensity IED blast at a busy market place in Tura town of Meghalaya's West Garo Hills district, police said.
Mizoram government asked the Union Home Ministry to expedite release of fund meant for expenses of the resumption of repatriation of Brus from the six relief camps in neighbouring North Tripura district, scheduled to commence from the first week of June, a senior state home department official on Wednesday said.
Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Jitendra Singh, on Wednesday said the northeast is a priority with the NDA Government and an essential component of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'India Vision'.
The central government has allocated Rs.53,000 crore in the 2015-16 budget for development of the northeastern states and has also proposed to set up six agricultural universities, Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said here.
Union Minister of State for Atomic Energy Jitendra Singh said on Tuesday that his department was still studying the proposed mining of uranium ore in Meghalaya.
Peace is prerequisite for all-round development of the whole North East region, said Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju.
Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of the country and the government is committed to protecting its territorial integrity, Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju said here on Tuesday.
The Centre is paying special attention to north-eastern states through its Act East policy and has sanctioned thousands crores of rupees for development of the region, Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said on Tuesday.
Lt General (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma was on Tuesday sworn-in as the Governor of Mizoram at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan here.
A third India-Bangladesh friendship bus service connecting Dhaka, Shillong and Guwahati will be launched next month during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the neighbouring nation.
An inquiry has been ordered to look into the allegations of corruption and siphoning off of development-related funds by the Arunachal Pradesh government, Union Minister Jitendra Singh said here on Monday.
Over 13,000 employees employed in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in northeastern states would launch a stir from next month to regularise their jobs and attain uniformity in their salaries, a leaders said on Monday.
Manipur has an important role to play in the successful implementation of India's 'Act East Policy', veteran BJP leader Muruli Manohar Joshi said on Monday.
Meghalaya Board HSSLC Class 12th Arts Results 2015 result have been declared on Monday, May 25, 2015.
The Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE) declared the Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Results 2015 on Monday, May 25, 2015.
Meghalaya Board HSSLC Class 12th Arts Results 2015 result will be declared on Monday, May 25, 2015.
The Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE) will declare Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Results 2015 on Monday, May 25, 2015 and students can check the MBOSE 10th Results 2015 on the MBOSE sites – mbose.in, megresults.nic.in and results.mbose.in
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India