A 24-year-old housewife from the minority Muslim community was allegedly shot dead by BSF trooper in Sonunamura`s Bangladesh border of Tripura on Friday.
North East News
Incessant downpour over the past couple of days has triggered landslides and floods in several districts of Arunachal Pradesh throwing normal life out of gear. Besides damaging culverts and some buildings, the floods and mudslide submerged low-lying areas and a rural link road and disrupted power supply.
Former Arunachal Pradesh assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking review of its verdict saying that it is "constitutionally impermissible" for the Speaker to decide on the plea for disqualification of lawmakers under the anti-defection law when a motion of no-confidence is pending against him.
The supply of essentials and fuel continues to be hit badly in Tripura for more than one-and-a half months now even as the state government sought the Centre's intervention to restore National Highway-8 which has been badly damaged.
Congress leader Pema Khandu will take oath as the Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday after the party managed to convince rebel legislators to come back into the fold and avoid a floor test.
The Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly at Naharlagun has been put under tight security cover ahead of the floor test by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstalled as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Wednesday, will have to take the floor test on Saturday as directed by Governor Tathagata Roy.
Arunachal Pradesh CM Nabam Tuki met Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday and sought ten days time to prove his majority in the house.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstated as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister by the Supreme Court two days ago, has sought more time to prove majority.
In a major setback to BJP and the Centre, the Supreme Court on Wednesday had ordered restoration of the Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh.
Kalikho Pul on Thursday claimed that he has majority in the Arunachal assembly and will prove it on the floor of the house when required.
Rebel Congress leader Kalikho Pul, whose government in Arunachal Pradesh was effectively declared null and void by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, on Thursday said he respected the apex court judgement but asked everyone to wait for the Assembly floor test.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s state president Tapir Gao on Thursday said that it respects the Supreme Court`s decision, however, added that Nabam Tuki government needs to prove majority in the floor house before taking charge of the government.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul Wednesday said that there was no threat to his government as the required numbers are with him and it will be decided on the floor of the Assembly.
Hours after the Supreme Court ordered the restoration of the Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at the Central government saying those who had trampled upon democratic norms have been defeated.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday hailed the Supreme Court judgment restoring his government and called it a "historic" ruling.
With Supreme Court ordering restoration of Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi grabbed the oppostunity to take a swipe on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Governor's decision to advance Arunachal Assembly session was violative of Article 163 of the Constitution, the SC said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor JP Rajkhowa had advanced to December 16, 2015, the commencement of the Assembly session.
Except Mizoram and Sikkim, most parts of northeast India have so far experienced deficient monsoon rains, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Monday.
Megalithic stone structures, and iron implements which dates back to the prehistoric period have been found.
A Manipuri woman has alleged racism and harassment at the Delhi airport by immigration officials.
Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy was on Sunday sworn in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) today said that it has decided to severe ties with BJP with which it had electoral alliance during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in the Aizawl Municipal Corporation (AMC) election in 2015.
A Myanmarese woman was arrested for allegedly carrying 84 grams of heroin in Zemabawk area, near here, police said on Tuesday.
The Border Security Forces (BSF) on Sunday shot dead an alleged Indian smuggler at Durlavpur in Sipahijala district, about 50 km from here.
To revamp the education system in the state, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul has decided to stop sending teachers on deputation to other departments.
Nay Pyi Taw: A former monk and prominent figure in Myanmar`s 2007 Saffron Revolution was released from prison on Friday after charges against him were dropped.
Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy was given additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh on Wednesday.
A woman was allegedly raped by a senior Tripura Civil Service officer when she went to his residence in South Ramnagar, police said today.
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama