The ruling Congress on Tuesday won the by-election in Meghalaya's Chokpot Assembly constituency.
North East News
The ruling CPI(M) won both the Pratapgarh (SC) and Surma (SC) Assembly seats by a huge margin in Tripura where bye-elections were held.
Arunachal Pradesh Assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Monday alleged that the Assam government has started construction of a beat house at Ragaso village in Papum Pare district of Arunachal.
The Nagaland Staff Nurse Association (NSNA) and Nursing Sisters without Degree and Diploma went on a three-day mass casual leave from Monday to press for their demands.
Mizoram government officials reached Hampsapara relief camp in North Tripura district to conduct verification of bonafide residents of states among the Brus lodged in the camp from Monday, a state home department official said.
The process of laying 15.054 km long railway tracks to connect Agartala with Akhaura in Bangladesh will be completed by 2017.
At least two armed militants were on Sunday killed in a gun battle with security forces in Meghalaya's North Garo Hills district while four others were arrested with 144 gelatine sticks and 126 detonators in another district in two separate incidents.
A Tripura youth has been arrested for posting nude photographs of his former girlfriend on Facebook after she rejected him, police said here on Sunday.
Four militants belonging to the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB-S) of Assam and an explosive supplier were arrested with 144 gelatine sticks and 126 detonators in East Jaintia Hills district early on Sunday.
Two Achik Matgrik Elite Force (AMEF) militants were killed in a joint operation by the Indian Army and Meghalaya Police in the North Garo Hills district on Sunday.
An earthquake measure 5.6 on the Richter scale struck Assam on Sunday morning.
A man and his daughter were killed while two other family members injured in a grenade blast at a warehouse in a hospital campus in Nagaland`s commercial hub Dimapur on Saturday evening, police said.
Over 80 percent votes were cast in the bypoll in Chokpot Assembly constituency in Meghalaya's South Garo Hills district on Saturday amid tight security.
Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda on Saturday assured of taking up the issue of granting autonomy to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science (NEIGRIHMS) here, with the Centre.
Over 80 percent turnout was recorded on Saturday during voting for by-election to two reserved seats in Tripura passed.
The stage is set for by-election to two schedule caste reserved seats in Tripura Saturday with all major political parties of the state contesting the polls.
An improvised explosive device (IED) exploded on Friday near the Raj Bhavan here but there was no report of any casualty, a senior police officer said.
Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students federation has objected to the proposed inclusion of yoga in the education system.
Leader of Opposition in Tripura Assembly, Sudip Roy Burman Thursday demanded dismissal of a ruling CPI-M MLA for furnishing untrue information regarding his educational qualification in affidavits.
Congress on Wednesday alleged that the Modi government was attempting to destabilise the party's governments in the northeast with Union minister Kiren Rijiju "involved" in the exercise which is being "directly monitored" by BJP chief Amit Shah.
Nagaland Governor PB Acharya has condoled the death of Sister Nirmala, former head of Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa in Kolkata.
Atleast six persons of a family were taken ill after eating wild mushroom in North-Eastern area Mizoram's Keifang village and were admitted to the Primary Health Centre (PHC) in nearby Saitual village yesterday.
Tripura health department organised an awareness camp in association with some NGOs and others stakeholders to help combat monsoon related diseases like malaria and diarrhea.
Unidentified persons allegedly kept a hand grenade in the residence of vice-president of the BJP's Manipur unit Manoharmayum Boris Sharma in Imphal East district, the police said on Tuesday.
A group 38 Indian pilgrims accompanied by five support staff on Monday crossed over into China through the Nathu La Pass from Sikkim as part of the ongoing Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
A woman was arrested for possessing 36 grams of heroin from Khudengthabi check post by Assam Rifles personnel during firsking and checking in Chandel district of Manipur, a defence release said on Monday.
Manipur health and family welfare minister PhungZathan Tonsing on Sunday said that Yoga is totally free from caste, creed and politics.
A new political party - 'Revolutionary Democratic Party (RDP) - was floated in Mizoram on Saturday.
Mizoram Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Saturday slammed the BJP government at the Centre for its decision to observe the first International Yoga Day on Sunday, which is the holy day for Christians.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Politics of polarization: Neglect of Muslims during Ramzan in PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat?-Part 2
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Politics of polarization: Neglect of Muslims during Ramzan in PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat?
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- MPPEB scam turns murkier, two more accused found dead
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- 'Brothers' trailer receives six million views on YouTube
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav