Direct train service between Agartala and Kolkata will be launched before the Durga puja, a top official of the NF Railway said today.
North East News
Two members of an inter-state gang have been arrested here for kidnapping a retired Assam Rifles personnel from the northeast and his nephew, police said on Monday. The victims have been rescued.
The Tripura Trinamool Congress burnt effigies of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the weekend, saying both were anti-Indian.
The bombs were found from an ongoing construction site by the labourers after which the police were informed.
The high-voltage political drama revolving around the resignation of two Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh came to an end today with Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongdok restoring their membership in the sixth Legislative Assembly.
Trinamool Congress and Congress MLAs today staged a noisy walkout from the Tripura Assembly separately on different issues today. TMC members walked out when Speaker Ramendra Debnath refused to admit an adjournment over Chief Minister Manik Sarkar's alleged anti-national remarks.
The threat - the first ever in Manipur - triggered panic and alarm in Tulihal international airport in Imphal.
Justice Satish Kumar Agnihotri was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court on Thursday.
Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prashad was on Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
The student bodies affiliated to the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) swept the Student Council polls in all 22 government-run degree colleges in Tripura, an official said on Wednesday.
All four MLAs of the Trinamool Congress, including the party`s state President Thounaojam Shyamkumar have joined the ruling Congress in Manipur.
Keeping BJP's option open to be a part of the PPA government in Arunachal Pradesh, North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the party will decide its future course of action during the national executive meeting.
A massive landslide triggered by heavy rains since Friday last has blocked roads in at least 20 spots, disrupted power supply and damaged cemeteries in the city, Aizawl District Disaster Management Authority officials said on Sunday.
Personal security guards and armed personnel of the minister had allegedly beaten up Bishesh Huirem, a film and mobile theatre artiste, following a road rage incident on Wednesday night.
The committee would be headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
'Modi`s and BJP`s (Bharatiya Janata Party) foul play and fraud on democracy has come to a full circle in Arunachal Pradesh today.'
In a big setback for Congress, all but one of its 45 MLAs, including Chief Minister Pema Khandu, on Friday resigned from the party and joined the People's Party of Arunachal Pradesh, triggering a major political crisis in this northeastern state.
Resignation papers submitted by five MLAs have been accepted by the Speaker of Manipur Legislative Assembly Th Lokeshwar Singh today.
A frontline Sukhoi SU-30 combat jet landed at the civil airport in Agartala on Thursday and departed soon after, with the authorities describing it as a "routine" mission.
The No Confidence Motion was admitted in the Assembly yesterday by Speaker Abu Taher Mondal.
An opposition-sponsored no-confidence motion against the Mukul Sangma-led Congress government was admitted in the Meghalaya Assembly on Wednesday for its "failure on all fronts".
More than Rs 100 crore were released by the Centre for various development projects in Manipur in the first five months of this fiscal, DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh said on Wednesday.
Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan was today sworn in as the governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Meghalaya Governor V. Shanmuganathan was on Wednesday sworn in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh by Gauhati High Court Chief Justice Ajit Singh at the Raj Bhavan here.
A day after his removal as Arunachal Pradesh Governor, JP Rajkhowa on Tuesday said that he had never recommended that President`s Rule be imposed in the state in January.
The Speaker of Tripura Assembly Ramendra Chandra Debnath has rejected the demand of Trinamool Congress (TMC) to grant status of the Leader of Opposition to its MLA Diba Chandra Hrankhawl on the plea that the party has no numerical strength.
One armed cadre of the Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF) was killed during an hour long gun battle with the cadres of the National Socialist Council of Nagalim (Isak-Muivah) late on Monday in Tamenglong district of Manipur.
The combined opposition Meghalaya People's Front (MPF) and Hill State People's Democratic Party (HSPDP) on Monday served a notice for moving a motion of no-confidence against the Mukul Sangma-led Congress government for its failure on all fronts.
Several students from different schools of Imphal sustained injuries after police foiled their bid to storm the chief minister's bungalow in Babupara on Saturday.
The anti-talk faction of ULFA militants had on August 22 released the video footage of a youth abducted from Assam and demanded a ransom of Rs one crore.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article