The Meghalaya government today decided to constitute an entity of all political parties in the state to try to resolve the age-old boundary dispute through a mutually acceptable solution.
North East News
Paying rich tributes to `Missile Man` A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday said his state plans to annually commemorate the death anniversary of the great scientist to promote his ideals.
The work on Bogibeel bridge over the river Brahmaputra is progressing satisfactorily with the first train of 10 girders commenced its journey from the South bank towards the North bank across the river on July 25.
Meghalaya government on Wednesday paid rich tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died during his visit here two days ago and announced that his death anniversary would be dedicated to the youth every year as a mark of tribute to him.
The Nagaland Pradesh Youth Congress (NPYC) on Wednesday demanded cancellation of appointment of police personnel allegedly without conducting interview from 2013 till date in the state.
Manipur government on Tuesday announced a seven-day state mourning in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president A P J Abdul Kalam and said his death is an irreparable loss to the nation.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, saying he had "intimately" connected himself with the country's development and welfare.
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam.
A 38-hour bandh beginning from 5 am tomorrow has been called in Manipur protesting against the state government's failure to punish those behind the killing of a student during the July 8 agitation for implementation of the Inner Line Permit Systerm in the state.
A woman was burnt to death at Sangau village in Mizoram's Lawngtlai district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the country`s northeast cannot be developed from Delhi and that he was deputing central government officials to the region.
The Nagaland government's conduct in not granting sanction to prosecute five officers, including a then Minister of State, in a graft case has been "deprecated" by a special court which observed that states try to "shield" higher officials involved in such illegal acts.
Five members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing were injured in clashes with the activists of Student Federation of India (SFI) in Tripura's Dharmanagar area.
Isak Chisi Swu, co-founder of the northeast-based militant group National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah (NSCN-IM), is admitted to a city hospital and undergoing treatment for the past two weeks, doctors said on Thursday.
The Gauhati High Court on Thursday granted interim bail to the five accused in the alleged teacher recruitment scam.
Security forces have averted major terror strikes in four northeastern states planned jointly by militant outfits NSCN-K and ULFA-I, an official said on Wednesday.
Naga insurgent group NSCN-K has stationed small groups of its cadres at various strategic locations in Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh on Tuesday urged resident commissioners of the northeastern states to play a proactive role in coordinating, liasoning and expediting various development projects in their states.
A judicial inquiry would be conducted to probe the death of a student during the agitation in Greater Imphal area for implementation of Inner Line Permit System, Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam said on Tuesday.
Two policemen were injured and two vehicles damaged in a clash between policemen and BJP workers during a dharna by the party at Naharlagun near here on Tuesday, police said.
Nagaland Governor PB Acharya on Tuesday said that the state government would continue to make ceaseless efforts to facilitate the Naga issue.
The intelligence grid in the Northeastern region has been "revitalised" in wake of the deadly attack on an army convoy in Manipur in June that killed 18 soldiers, the government said Tuesday.
Congress MLA Imtikumzuk was today elected unopposed as the new Deputy Speaker of Nagaland Assembly amid a walk out by BJP legislators.
Troops of Red Shield division of Indian Army apprehended a hardcore cadre of NSCN(IM) at Thonglang Akutpa village in Manipur's Senapati district, a defence release said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prashad Rajkhowa today emphasized on expediting road projects in the state under Border Roads Organisation (BRO) saying those should be quality all-weather roads.
The unilateral abrogation of ceasefire by dominant Naga insurgent group NSCN-K "has caused pain and concern" to the people of Nagaland and the state and the central governments, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said today.
Army chief General Dalbir Singh left here on Friday to review the security situation in the northeastern states.
Two students were killed and three others injured in cross-firing between Assam Rifles and suspected NSCN(K) militants at Phor in Phek district of Nagaland.
Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag will take stock of the security situation in the Northeast during his day-long visit to the region on Friday.
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Serena Williams, Sania Mirza top WTA rankings
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Mysterious white balls seen flying over Japan- Watch
- Salman Khan backs Ranbir Kapoor over 'flops'?
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh
- Delhi HC issues show cause notice to ACB Chief MK Meena on AAP govt's contempt plea