A 'second-in-charge' of NDFB (Songbijit) was killed in an encounter with a joint team of police and Army early this morning at Runikhata area of Kokrajhar district of Assam, a senior police official said.
North East News
Manipur Police beefed up security measures on Sunday as Kuki organisations condemned the "unprovoked" gun attack on February 3 on Kukis in Molnom villagers near Pallel town along National Highway 2.
The Mizoram unit of BJP has suspended eight leaders, including its vice president Chalngura Zahau, for alleged anti-party activities and dissolved all district committees in the state.
Two policemen were injured in a bomb blast triggered by Garo militants in Meghalaya on Friday, police said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor J.P. Rajkhowa on Wednesday said that certain government officials were "indulging in politics", and directed them to ensure that discipline is imbibed down the line in office.
Arunachal Pradesh government is preparing a list of documents for submission to Supreme Court following the directive to it to return copies of all official files seized from the offices of former chief minister Nabam Tuki, his ministers and parliamentary secretaries after imposition of President's rule in the state.
Two low intensity earthquakes, measuring 3.7 and 3.8, hit northeast region of the country in the wee hours on Tuesday.
The court has also directed that the copies of the hard disc of the computers and laptops of former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Nabam Tuki should be provided to him too.
Dissident Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh Monday demanded the removal of deposed Chief Minister Nabam Tuki from leadership of the CLP so that the party can continue to have a government and ruled out supporting a BJP-led coalition.
A five-judge Constitutional bench headed by Justice J S Khehar said "that (issuing notice) is our mistake."
Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad on Monday alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has murdered democracy by recommending President`s rule in Arunachal Pradesh.
The Supreme Court will hear the petition filed by Congress Party challenging the imposition of President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh today.
Manipur's Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam on Sunday had a miraculous escape, when police commandos on patrol found a powerful bomb planted on a road through which the leader was scheduled to pass.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday endorsed BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha's view that when there is no war-like situation in Arunachal Pradesh, what was need for the Centre to recommend and impose president's rule in the state.
The Centre on Friday submitted in the Supreme Court its response on a petition filed by Congress challenging Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa's report recommending the President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh.
The Central Government on Friday submitted a reply in the Supreme Court justifying the imposition of President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh.
The mother of Chungkham Sanjit, a former insurgent who was allegedly shot dead in a fake gunfight on the directions of a top police officer, has demanded a fresh CBI probe into the killing.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa and the Centre are likely to file their replies in the Supreme Court today on petitions justifying the imposition of the President's rule in the state.
Former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Nabam Tuki on Thursday filed a fresh plea in the Supreme Court against promulgation of President's Rule in the northeastern state.
The Governor alleged that members of the Tuki cabinet had joined protesters in sacrificing a cow outside Raj Bhavan.
Imphal Superintendent of Police Akoijam Jhalajit late on Wednesday denied Head Constable Thounaojam Herojit`s charges that he gave orders to kill an unarmed former insurgent.
Ahead of the Supreme Court hearing a Congress petition challenging imposition of President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh, former Chief Minister Nabam Tuki expressed confidence that he could prove his majority in the state Assembly.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prashad Rajkhowa has assured MLAs that they will be provided security which they are entitled to.
The Congress has once again attacked the BJP over the imposition of President's Rule in Arunachal pradesh.
CBI has filed a chargesheet against nine Manipur police personnel in connection with the sensational killing of Chungkham Sanjit Meitei.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday approved the Cabinet recommendation to impose President's rule in Arunachal Pradesh.
Tuki also met senior Congress leader and lawyer Kapil Sibal today to discuss the matter.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki said that they will fight this battle legally.
At least 10 persons have died and 21 others were injured when a bus fell into a deep gorge in Meghalaya's East Jaintia Hills District early on Tuesday.
The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear Congress' plea against Centre's recommendation of President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh on January 27.
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- IAF's latest weapon - 'Go/No-Go' pills!
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- `Would you sleep with me tonight?` - Drunk German asked TV reporter live on air: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Roger Federer is probably the greatest ever: Marion Bartoli
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- 'Talaq delivered through Skype, WhatsApp, SMS, email or phone valid'
- Porn accidentally screened in TV store's window display - Viral Video