Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Friday praised Bangladesh for its active role against militants in the state using its territory, saying that India's neighbour has played a vital role in returning peace.
North East News
The Tripura High Court has directed government doctors to restrict their private practice to a maximum of three hours daily during working days, an official said here Saturday.
To preserve and promote the tradition and culture of the indigenous tribes of the state, Nagaland will be replacing Alternative English with “Heritage Study” from Classes 5-8 from the next academic session.
A trial run of the Kolkata-Agartala direct bus service via Dhaka will be held on June 1, Tripura transport minister Manik Dey on Friday said.
Congress on Friday lambasted the BJP government at the Centre for withdrawing the special category status from the north eastern States, including Nagaland saying it will leave them in lurch.
A defamation case against Mizoram Bru Displaced People's Forum (MBDPF) president A Sawibunga was transferred to a Aizawl court from Mamit district court after his plea to transfer it outside the state was dismissed.
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is upgrading Agartala airport to international standards by providing world-class facilities, top official said here.
The BJP on Thursday hailed the Tripura government's decision to revoke the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), which gives security forces sweeping powers and judicial immunity in conflict-hit areas.
Tripura government's decision to withdraw AFSPA from the state was on Thursday hailed by former Home Minister P Chidambaram as victory for sanity and humanity while Hurriyat's moderate faction hoped it will serve as an "eye opener" for political parties in Jammu and Kashmir.
Self-styled Finance Secretary of banned Nagaland insurgent group NSCN (K) was on Thursday arrested by National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Bangladesh National Party leader Salahuddin Ahmed, who was remanded to 14 day judicial custody yesterday, has been readmitted to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGIHMS) barely hours later after he complained of chest pain.
Minister of State for Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh has announced projects worth Rs 325 crores for the Northeast region on the occasion of completion of one year of NDA Government.
Former Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday hailed the Tripura government's decision to withdraw the AFSPA from the state, saying it is a victory for sanity and humanity.
Speaker of Manipur Assembly Th Lokeshwar Singh has disqualified three All India Trinamool Congress MLAs under the Anti-Defection law in the 10th Schedule of the Constitution.
The Meghalaya High Court has banned the media from publishing statements by organisations that call for shutdowns or rallies in the state, resulting in disruption of normal life.
The Meghalaya High Court on Wednesday threatened to cancel licenses of medical stores, hotels and taxis for denying services to citizens by shutting down, peeved at how a bandh sponsored by an outlawed militant outfit could paralyse life in the state.
Normal life came to a standstill in Meghalaya on Wednesday following a 24-hour shutdown called by the outlawed Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) in protest over the delay in passage of the Village Administration Bill by the Congress-led government.
The Tripura government on Wednesday decide to lift Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from the state, where the controversial law was in effect for the last 18 years to curb insurgency.
Former Bangladesh minister Salahuddin Ahmed, who was arrested here in Meghalaya for illegally entering India, was on Wednesday remanded to 14 days` judicial custody.
Three persons were on Wednesday injured when suspected Garo National Liberation Army militants today triggered a low-intensity IED blast at a busy market place in Tura town of Meghalaya's West Garo Hills district, police said.
Mizoram government asked the Union Home Ministry to expedite release of fund meant for expenses of the resumption of repatriation of Brus from the six relief camps in neighbouring North Tripura district, scheduled to commence from the first week of June, a senior state home department official on Wednesday said.
Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Jitendra Singh, on Wednesday said the northeast is a priority with the NDA Government and an essential component of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'India Vision'.
The central government has allocated Rs.53,000 crore in the 2015-16 budget for development of the northeastern states and has also proposed to set up six agricultural universities, Union Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said here.
Union Minister of State for Atomic Energy Jitendra Singh said on Tuesday that his department was still studying the proposed mining of uranium ore in Meghalaya.
Peace is prerequisite for all-round development of the whole North East region, said Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju.
Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of the country and the government is committed to protecting its territorial integrity, Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju said here on Tuesday.
The Centre is paying special attention to north-eastern states through its Act East policy and has sanctioned thousands crores of rupees for development of the region, Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said on Tuesday.
Lt General (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma was on Tuesday sworn-in as the Governor of Mizoram at the Durbar Hall of Raj Bhavan here.
A third India-Bangladesh friendship bus service connecting Dhaka, Shillong and Guwahati will be launched next month during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the neighbouring nation.
An inquiry has been ordered to look into the allegations of corruption and siphoning off of development-related funds by the Arunachal Pradesh government, Union Minister Jitendra Singh said here on Monday.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Baal nahi ball ko dekho: Sachin Tendulkar's tip to tackle Lasith Malinga
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM