Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 1200 MW Teesta Stage III Hydro Electric Project in Sikkim, all 6 units of which are expected to be ready for commissioning by the end of this year.
North East News
Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh had several programmes lined up at Hunphung village and at Chingai village in Ukhrul district.
Though the blasts took place before Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's visit, he is still going to visit the Ukhrul.
Three convicts, all serving life-imprisonment since 2012, escaped from the Central Jail in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
Irom Sharmila on Tuesday launched a new political party 'the Peoples Resurgence and Justice Alliance' (PRAJA) to contest assembly elections in Manipur due to be held early next year.
Two former Congress MLAs today joined BJP ahead of the upcoming state elections due in early 2017.
Congress has placed under suspension a legislator who rebelled against Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, following which five other members of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council tendered their resignations from the party.
The Bharatiya Janata Party is set to join the government led by Chief Minister Pema Khandu in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
A flash flood triggered by torrential rains on Monday night along Manipur-Myanmar border washed away a bridge and destroyed several houses, the police said on Tuesday.
Life in Manipur, known as the "Jewel of India", has often been disrupted by frequent strikes and shutdowns which have damaged the state`s economy and affected the livelihood of the common man.
Rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila, who is also known as the 'Iron Lady' of Manipur, will float her political outfit later this month.
Isolating Pakistan for supporting terrorism is the great achievement of the Narendra Modi government, Union Human Resource Development minister Prakash Javadekar said on Monday.
Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday announced setting up of a national consumer helpline for the northeast region.
The Mizoram government has launched a New Economic Development Policy (NEDP) to boost the state`s agriculture-based economy, develop rural infrastructure and to raise livelihood of the people.
After Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, rights activist Irom Sharmila now wants to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi expecting good advice from him.
Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) will write to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighting the Congress government's "complete failure" in maintaining law and order in Mizoram and urging them to impose President's rule in the state.
Direct train service between Agartala and Kolkata will be launched before the Durga puja, a top official of the NF Railway said today.
Two members of an inter-state gang have been arrested here for kidnapping a retired Assam Rifles personnel from the northeast and his nephew, police said on Monday. The victims have been rescued.
The Tripura Trinamool Congress burnt effigies of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the weekend, saying both were anti-Indian.
The bombs were found from an ongoing construction site by the labourers after which the police were informed.
The high-voltage political drama revolving around the resignation of two Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh came to an end today with Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongdok restoring their membership in the sixth Legislative Assembly.
Trinamool Congress and Congress MLAs today staged a noisy walkout from the Tripura Assembly separately on different issues today. TMC members walked out when Speaker Ramendra Debnath refused to admit an adjournment over Chief Minister Manik Sarkar's alleged anti-national remarks.
The threat - the first ever in Manipur - triggered panic and alarm in Tulihal international airport in Imphal.
Justice Satish Kumar Agnihotri was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court on Thursday.
Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prashad was on Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
The student bodies affiliated to the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) swept the Student Council polls in all 22 government-run degree colleges in Tripura, an official said on Wednesday.
All four MLAs of the Trinamool Congress, including the party`s state President Thounaojam Shyamkumar have joined the ruling Congress in Manipur.
Keeping BJP's option open to be a part of the PPA government in Arunachal Pradesh, North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the party will decide its future course of action during the national executive meeting.
A massive landslide triggered by heavy rains since Friday last has blocked roads in at least 20 spots, disrupted power supply and damaged cemeteries in the city, Aizawl District Disaster Management Authority officials said on Sunday.
Personal security guards and armed personnel of the minister had allegedly beaten up Bishesh Huirem, a film and mobile theatre artiste, following a road rage incident on Wednesday night.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- DNA: Today in History | October 25, 2016
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter