Tripura Minister for Law Tapan Chakraborty has for the second time requested the Tripura High Court not to transfer state Law secretary Datamohan Jamatiya.
North East News
A day after Yakub Memon was hanged to death in Nagpur Central Jail, Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday created a controversy by dubbing those present at the funeral of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict as “potential terrorists”.
The Meghalaya government today decided to constitute an entity of all political parties in the state to try to resolve the age-old boundary dispute through a mutually acceptable solution.
Paying rich tributes to `Missile Man` A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday said his state plans to annually commemorate the death anniversary of the great scientist to promote his ideals.
The work on Bogibeel bridge over the river Brahmaputra is progressing satisfactorily with the first train of 10 girders commenced its journey from the South bank towards the North bank across the river on July 25.
Meghalaya government on Wednesday paid rich tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died during his visit here two days ago and announced that his death anniversary would be dedicated to the youth every year as a mark of tribute to him.
The Nagaland Pradesh Youth Congress (NPYC) on Wednesday demanded cancellation of appointment of police personnel allegedly without conducting interview from 2013 till date in the state.
Manipur government on Tuesday announced a seven-day state mourning in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president A P J Abdul Kalam and said his death is an irreparable loss to the nation.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, saying he had "intimately" connected himself with the country's development and welfare.
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Tuesday condoled the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam.
A 38-hour bandh beginning from 5 am tomorrow has been called in Manipur protesting against the state government's failure to punish those behind the killing of a student during the July 8 agitation for implementation of the Inner Line Permit Systerm in the state.
A woman was burnt to death at Sangau village in Mizoram's Lawngtlai district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the country`s northeast cannot be developed from Delhi and that he was deputing central government officials to the region.
The Nagaland government's conduct in not granting sanction to prosecute five officers, including a then Minister of State, in a graft case has been "deprecated" by a special court which observed that states try to "shield" higher officials involved in such illegal acts.
Five members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing were injured in clashes with the activists of Student Federation of India (SFI) in Tripura's Dharmanagar area.
Isak Chisi Swu, co-founder of the northeast-based militant group National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah (NSCN-IM), is admitted to a city hospital and undergoing treatment for the past two weeks, doctors said on Thursday.
The Gauhati High Court on Thursday granted interim bail to the five accused in the alleged teacher recruitment scam.
Security forces have averted major terror strikes in four northeastern states planned jointly by militant outfits NSCN-K and ULFA-I, an official said on Wednesday.
Naga insurgent group NSCN-K has stationed small groups of its cadres at various strategic locations in Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh on Tuesday urged resident commissioners of the northeastern states to play a proactive role in coordinating, liasoning and expediting various development projects in their states.
A judicial inquiry would be conducted to probe the death of a student during the agitation in Greater Imphal area for implementation of Inner Line Permit System, Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam said on Tuesday.
Two policemen were injured and two vehicles damaged in a clash between policemen and BJP workers during a dharna by the party at Naharlagun near here on Tuesday, police said.
Nagaland Governor PB Acharya on Tuesday said that the state government would continue to make ceaseless efforts to facilitate the Naga issue.
The intelligence grid in the Northeastern region has been "revitalised" in wake of the deadly attack on an army convoy in Manipur in June that killed 18 soldiers, the government said Tuesday.
Congress MLA Imtikumzuk was today elected unopposed as the new Deputy Speaker of Nagaland Assembly amid a walk out by BJP legislators.
Troops of Red Shield division of Indian Army apprehended a hardcore cadre of NSCN(IM) at Thonglang Akutpa village in Manipur's Senapati district, a defence release said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prashad Rajkhowa today emphasized on expediting road projects in the state under Border Roads Organisation (BRO) saying those should be quality all-weather roads.
The unilateral abrogation of ceasefire by dominant Naga insurgent group NSCN-K "has caused pain and concern" to the people of Nagaland and the state and the central governments, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said today.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Yakub Memon hanged a day before his daughter turns 21
- Landmark judgement: 14-year-old rape survivor allowed to abort by Supreme Court
- Sonia must clarify why Congress didn't allow discussion on Gurdaspur attack, says Arun Jaitley
- Kissing more dangerous than smoking, can cause cancer
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Top 5 ways to celebrate Guru Purnima!
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram