Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar urged the scientific community in the agriculture and allied sectors to take suitable measures to stop farmers` suicides in the country.
North East News
Normal life was affected here during a 24-hr state-wide bandh called by three organisations on Saturday.
The Indian Army is confident of handling any fresh violence unleashed by a Naga separatist faction operating from its bases in Myanmar, but will deal with the rebel challenge "very differently" this time, a top commander has said.
Nagaland Chief Minister, TR Zeliang on Friday inducted five more advisors with Cabinet status into his one-year old NPF-led DAN ministry.
Blaming the Congress-led UPA government's "misgovernance, mistreatment and neglect" for the rise of insurgency in the north-east, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Friday appealed to the youth to shun violence and come back to the mainstream.
The condition of the arrested Bangladesh Nationalist Party leader Salahuddin Ahmed is stable and he will be shifted to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) here for better treatment.
Amidst controversy over his Hindutva ideology, BJP leader Tathagata Roy took charge as the 16th governor of Left-ruled Tripura on Wednesday.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan was on Wednesday sworn-in as the Governor of Meghalaya at the Raj Bhavan here.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan will be sworn-in as the new Governor of Meghalaya on Wednesday.
The family members of a Manipur police sub-inspector, who was allegedly assaulted by the escort personnel of state assembly Speaker Th Lokeshwar, met Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and submitted a memorandum to him demanding action.
Senior BJP leader V Shanmuganthan will be sworn-in as the new Governor of Meghalaya tomorrow, officials said Tuesday.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar has appealed to insurgents to shun arms and join mainstream society while assuring his government's help to those choosing to lead a normal life over violence.
A Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter jet of the Indian Air Force crashed in Nagaon district of Assam on Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, both the pilots managed to survive.
Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta was sworn-in as the Chairperson of 'Lokayukta' in Sikkim.
Arrested Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) spokesperson Salahuddin Ahmed's wife said her husband required to be taken to a "third country" for better treatment.
In a blow to the Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC), a civil court here has put a stay on the expulsion order of former Arunachal Pradesh Finance Minister Kalikho Pul from the party.
The state government today said provisions of the of Meghalaya Maintenance of Public Order (Amendment) Act will be invoked against leaders of an organization who have called a two-day shutdown in the Garo Hills region demanding early elections in the Garo Hilla Autonomous District Council.
The Congress party has opposed the move by the Centre to withdraw the special category status of the North East states, alleging that such a move may hamper the region`s development.
Following pressure from the union home ministry and the Tripura government, Mizoram has finally agreed to take back all the tribal refugees sheltering in Tripura for the past 18 years.
Lt Gen (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, who was appointed as Governor of Mizoram, was unlikely to occupy the Raj Bhavan in Aizawl before May 20, state protocol officer David L Pachuau said on Saturday.
Dr Syed Ahmad was sworn in as the Governor of Manipur at the Raj Bhavan here on Saturday.
Former Congress leader and author Syed Ahmed on Saturday took charge as the 16th governor of Manipur.
Decks have been cleared for resumption of repatriation of the Brus from the six relief camps in North Tripura district following a meeting between Mizoram and Tripura government officials, a senior official said on Saturday.
The Agartala-Dhaka bus service resumed on Friday after five months of suspension due to political turmoil in Bangladesh, officials said.
Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to enhance the contribution to consolidated sinking fund and enlarge the coverage of the sinking fund for following committed liabilities, old and new pension schemes, final withdrawal from GPF, invocation of state guarantees, repayment of high cost loans.
Despite funds crunch, the Arunachal Pradesh Hydro Power Department has restored five mini hydro projects in various parts of the state.
Residents of Chandannagar village in Tripura's Dhalai District have expressed happiness over Parliament passing the India-Bangladesh Land Boundary Agreement (LBA).
In yet another incident of abuse of power, a sub-inspector was beaten up by a police escort team of Manipur Speaker Th Lokeshwar Singh.
Tremors were experienced in Sikkim on Tuesday after a strong earthquake measuring 7.3 on Richter scale epicentered in Nepal shook several states in North and East India.
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh