The flood situation continued to be critical in Arunachal Pradesh as the overflowing Noa Dehing river on Monday submerged the National Highway-52 at Namsai district.
North East News
A 24-year-old housewife from the minority Muslim community was allegedly shot dead by BSF trooper in Sonunamura`s Bangladesh border of Tripura on Friday.
Incessant downpour over the past couple of days has triggered landslides and floods in several districts of Arunachal Pradesh throwing normal life out of gear. Besides damaging culverts and some buildings, the floods and mudslide submerged low-lying areas and a rural link road and disrupted power supply.
Former Arunachal Pradesh assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking review of its verdict saying that it is "constitutionally impermissible" for the Speaker to decide on the plea for disqualification of lawmakers under the anti-defection law when a motion of no-confidence is pending against him.
The supply of essentials and fuel continues to be hit badly in Tripura for more than one-and-a half months now even as the state government sought the Centre's intervention to restore National Highway-8 which has been badly damaged.
Congress leader Pema Khandu will take oath as the Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday after the party managed to convince rebel legislators to come back into the fold and avoid a floor test.
The Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly at Naharlagun has been put under tight security cover ahead of the floor test by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Saturday.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstalled as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister on Wednesday, will have to take the floor test on Saturday as directed by Governor Tathagata Roy.
Arunachal Pradesh CM Nabam Tuki met Governor Tathagata Roy on Friday and sought ten days time to prove his majority in the house.
Nabam Tuki, who was reinstated as Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister by the Supreme Court two days ago, has sought more time to prove majority.
In a major setback to BJP and the Centre, the Supreme Court on Wednesday had ordered restoration of the Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh.
Kalikho Pul on Thursday claimed that he has majority in the Arunachal assembly and will prove it on the floor of the house when required.
Rebel Congress leader Kalikho Pul, whose government in Arunachal Pradesh was effectively declared null and void by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, on Thursday said he respected the apex court judgement but asked everyone to wait for the Assembly floor test.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s state president Tapir Gao on Thursday said that it respects the Supreme Court`s decision, however, added that Nabam Tuki government needs to prove majority in the floor house before taking charge of the government.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul Wednesday said that there was no threat to his government as the required numbers are with him and it will be decided on the floor of the Assembly.
Hours after the Supreme Court ordered the restoration of the Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at the Central government saying those who had trampled upon democratic norms have been defeated.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday hailed the Supreme Court judgment restoring his government and called it a "historic" ruling.
With Supreme Court ordering restoration of Congress government in Arunachal Pradesh, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi grabbed the oppostunity to take a swipe on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Governor's decision to advance Arunachal Assembly session was violative of Article 163 of the Constitution, the SC said.
Arunachal Pradesh Governor JP Rajkhowa had advanced to December 16, 2015, the commencement of the Assembly session.
Except Mizoram and Sikkim, most parts of northeast India have so far experienced deficient monsoon rains, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said on Monday.
Megalithic stone structures, and iron implements which dates back to the prehistoric period have been found.
A Manipuri woman has alleged racism and harassment at the Delhi airport by immigration officials.
Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy was on Sunday sworn in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) today said that it has decided to severe ties with BJP with which it had electoral alliance during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and in the Aizawl Municipal Corporation (AMC) election in 2015.
A Myanmarese woman was arrested for allegedly carrying 84 grams of heroin in Zemabawk area, near here, police said on Tuesday.
The Border Security Forces (BSF) on Sunday shot dead an alleged Indian smuggler at Durlavpur in Sipahijala district, about 50 km from here.
To revamp the education system in the state, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul has decided to stop sending teachers on deputation to other departments.
Nay Pyi Taw: A former monk and prominent figure in Myanmar`s 2007 Saffron Revolution was released from prison on Friday after charges against him were dropped.
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- Turmeric compound may play pivotal role in treating colon cancer
- IT industry must skill workforce to hold position globally: NASSCOM
- BJP demands probe into role of National Conference in Kashmir unrest
- Black Money: Don't want to be big brother watching, says Arun Jaitley
- China removed missiles from South China Sea islands ahead of UN verdict
- Delhi Police files three chargesheets on Patiala House Court violence
- Govt aims to make India ''tax paying, not tax evading'' society: Arun Jaitley
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal
- SHOCKING: Amateur Delhi cricketer dies after being attacked by local gang
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Kashmir unrest: CM Mehbooba meets kin of victims, seeks public help to end violence