Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) will write to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighting the Congress government's "complete failure" in maintaining law and order in Mizoram and urging them to impose President's rule in the state.
North East News
Direct train service between Agartala and Kolkata will be launched before the Durga puja, a top official of the NF Railway said today.
Two members of an inter-state gang have been arrested here for kidnapping a retired Assam Rifles personnel from the northeast and his nephew, police said on Monday. The victims have been rescued.
The Tripura Trinamool Congress burnt effigies of Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the weekend, saying both were anti-Indian.
The bombs were found from an ongoing construction site by the labourers after which the police were informed.
The high-voltage political drama revolving around the resignation of two Congress MLAs in Arunachal Pradesh came to an end today with Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongdok restoring their membership in the sixth Legislative Assembly.
Trinamool Congress and Congress MLAs today staged a noisy walkout from the Tripura Assembly separately on different issues today. TMC members walked out when Speaker Ramendra Debnath refused to admit an adjournment over Chief Minister Manik Sarkar's alleged anti-national remarks.
The threat - the first ever in Manipur - triggered panic and alarm in Tulihal international airport in Imphal.
Justice Satish Kumar Agnihotri was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court on Thursday.
Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prashad was on Thursday sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
The student bodies affiliated to the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) swept the Student Council polls in all 22 government-run degree colleges in Tripura, an official said on Wednesday.
All four MLAs of the Trinamool Congress, including the party`s state President Thounaojam Shyamkumar have joined the ruling Congress in Manipur.
Keeping BJP's option open to be a part of the PPA government in Arunachal Pradesh, North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the party will decide its future course of action during the national executive meeting.
A massive landslide triggered by heavy rains since Friday last has blocked roads in at least 20 spots, disrupted power supply and damaged cemeteries in the city, Aizawl District Disaster Management Authority officials said on Sunday.
Personal security guards and armed personnel of the minister had allegedly beaten up Bishesh Huirem, a film and mobile theatre artiste, following a road rage incident on Wednesday night.
The committee would be headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
'Modi`s and BJP`s (Bharatiya Janata Party) foul play and fraud on democracy has come to a full circle in Arunachal Pradesh today.'
In a big setback for Congress, all but one of its 45 MLAs, including Chief Minister Pema Khandu, on Friday resigned from the party and joined the People's Party of Arunachal Pradesh, triggering a major political crisis in this northeastern state.
Resignation papers submitted by five MLAs have been accepted by the Speaker of Manipur Legislative Assembly Th Lokeshwar Singh today.
A frontline Sukhoi SU-30 combat jet landed at the civil airport in Agartala on Thursday and departed soon after, with the authorities describing it as a "routine" mission.
The No Confidence Motion was admitted in the Assembly yesterday by Speaker Abu Taher Mondal.
An opposition-sponsored no-confidence motion against the Mukul Sangma-led Congress government was admitted in the Meghalaya Assembly on Wednesday for its "failure on all fronts".
More than Rs 100 crore were released by the Centre for various development projects in Manipur in the first five months of this fiscal, DoNER Minister Jitendra Singh said on Wednesday.
Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan was today sworn in as the governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Meghalaya Governor V. Shanmuganathan was on Wednesday sworn in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh by Gauhati High Court Chief Justice Ajit Singh at the Raj Bhavan here.
A day after his removal as Arunachal Pradesh Governor, JP Rajkhowa on Tuesday said that he had never recommended that President`s Rule be imposed in the state in January.
The Speaker of Tripura Assembly Ramendra Chandra Debnath has rejected the demand of Trinamool Congress (TMC) to grant status of the Leader of Opposition to its MLA Diba Chandra Hrankhawl on the plea that the party has no numerical strength.
One armed cadre of the Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF) was killed during an hour long gun battle with the cadres of the National Socialist Council of Nagalim (Isak-Muivah) late on Monday in Tamenglong district of Manipur.
The combined opposition Meghalaya People's Front (MPF) and Hill State People's Democratic Party (HSPDP) on Monday served a notice for moving a motion of no-confidence against the Mukul Sangma-led Congress government for its failure on all fronts.
Several students from different schools of Imphal sustained injuries after police foiled their bid to storm the chief minister's bungalow in Babupara on Saturday.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Full Details: How India's daredevil commandos hit inside Pakistan to avenge Uri