The channel will be launched in January.
North East News
Even 30 days after demonetisation of high-value bank notes, life in Manipur remains at a standstill as people continue to struggle to make ends meet following the acute cash crunch.
The United Naga Council has imposed an indefinite economic blockade on the Imphal-Dimapur (NH 2) and Imphal-Jiribam (NH 37) since Nov 1.
At least five personnel of Para Special Force deployed along the Manipur-Myanmar border sustained life threatening injuries when militants ambushed a patrol party at Sajik Tampak on Saturday.
Polling for the two scheduled caste reserved seats in Tripura took place on Saturday amidst tight security.
The post harvest festival was organized by Sajalong (Miji tribe) and Hrusso (Aka tribe) community students who are living in the capital city of India.
By-poll in two Tripura Assembly seats - Barjala and Khowai - began on a peaceful note amidst tight security.
A rail blockade called by tribal students hit railway services in parts of northeast India for the second day on Wednesday, snapping the crucial rail link of Tripura, Mizoram, Manipur and southern Assam with the rest of the country.
Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur are considered by seismologists as the sixth major earthquake-prone belt in the world.
Stating that a coalition government would take over at the Centre after the 2019 elections, TMC leader Mukul Roy on Sunday claimed Mamata Banerjee would become Prime Minister as his party would play a lead role in its formation.
The Centre today announced an investment of over Rs 5,000 crore to construct a 12-km-long elevated railway corridor inside Guwahati, contributing to the smart city project.
The United Naga Council had imposed a 48-hour strike in October-end since it was of the view that the Manipur government was planning to create two new districts.
Officials from Mizoram today identified 1,111 Brus as bona fide residents of Mizoram and cleared them for physical repatriation from the Khakchangpara relief camp in North Tripura.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu today urged Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain for a train on the lines of Shatabdi Express between Guwahati and Naharlagun, which is near the state capital Itanagar.
Situated along the international border, Mechuka was one of the strategic locations during the Indo-China war in 1962.
Unidentified attackers on Saturday set off a medium-intensity Improvised Explosive Device (IED) at Gandhi Avenue, the main commercial hub of Imphal, police said.
Recently US Ambassador Richard Verma visited the annual Tawang Festival in Arunachal Pradesh.
Claiming that Kalikho Pul, who allegedly committed suicide, left "explosive secret notes", Arunachal Pradesh ex-Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa has sought a CBI inquiry into the former chief minister's death.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 1200 MW Teesta Stage III Hydro Electric Project in Sikkim, all 6 units of which are expected to be ready for commissioning by the end of this year.
Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh had several programmes lined up at Hunphung village and at Chingai village in Ukhrul district.
Though the blasts took place before Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's visit, he is still going to visit the Ukhrul.
Three convicts, all serving life-imprisonment since 2012, escaped from the Central Jail in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
Irom Sharmila on Tuesday launched a new political party 'the Peoples Resurgence and Justice Alliance' (PRAJA) to contest assembly elections in Manipur due to be held early next year.
Two former Congress MLAs today joined BJP ahead of the upcoming state elections due in early 2017.
Congress has placed under suspension a legislator who rebelled against Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, following which five other members of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council tendered their resignations from the party.
The Bharatiya Janata Party is set to join the government led by Chief Minister Pema Khandu in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
A flash flood triggered by torrential rains on Monday night along Manipur-Myanmar border washed away a bridge and destroyed several houses, the police said on Tuesday.
Life in Manipur, known as the "Jewel of India", has often been disrupted by frequent strikes and shutdowns which have damaged the state`s economy and affected the livelihood of the common man.
Rights activist Irom Chanu Sharmila, who is also known as the 'Iron Lady' of Manipur, will float her political outfit later this month.
Isolating Pakistan for supporting terrorism is the great achievement of the Narendra Modi government, Union Human Resource Development minister Prakash Javadekar said on Monday.
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Majority of people in India support PM Modi's demonetisation move
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking? - Part II
- Assam: Two NDFB(S) militants killed by forces in Kokrajhar
- DNA: What is the need of electoral reform in India ?
- Analysing the benefits of online transactions
- Cash-strapped people to suffer as banks to remain closed for next three days
- C'garh: Selling tomato at 50 paise/kg due to cash crunch, farmers dump their produce on road
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Delhi Police's crime branch raids law firm in Greater Kailash 1
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug
- Huge haul of cash, gold in Karnataka, I-T dept seizes Rs 5.7 cr in new notes, 32 kg of bullion
- Massive cache of cash! Delhi Police's crime branch raids law firm in GK 1, Rs 13.65 crore recovered
- India watching more porn than any other country; traffic to porn sites jumps 3-8% in November
- Virat Kohli aka Record Breaker – 11 landmarks the Indian skipper achieved on Day 3
- When David Warner almost broke Sachin Tendulkar's record!
- Make digital payments and win weekly, quarterly lucky draws: Government
- Men's health: Five things you can do to prevent cancer
- Pakistan's main bourse hits all-time high ahead of 40% stake sale
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Murali Vijay becomes first Indian opener to hit Test hundred at Wankhede in 14 years — VIDEO