The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday conducted simultaneous searches at 12 places in Odisha in connection with a chit-fund scam.
The 28-year-old son of a BPL farmer from a remote village in Odisha's Kendrapara district has cracked the coveted civil service examination.
Ten fishermen have been taken into custody by forest personnel on charge of trespassing into prohibited water-zone of Bhitarkanika National Park in Odisha's Kendrapara district.
A director of a chit fund organisation, which had allegedly duped investors of crores of rupees in Odisha's Ganjam district, has been arrested, police said on Monday.
A tribal man and his son were beheaded allegedly by some unidentified assailants at Salabani in Balasore district on Sunday.
Alleging irregularities in preparations for Lord Jagannath's Nabakalebar festival, BJP on Friday asked the Odisha government to make public details of funds provided and expenditure made on different works.
Odisha Police on Thursday began its probe into the circulation of photographs of Lord Jagannath's secret ritual like 'Brahma Paribartan' and burial of old idols of the deities of Puri temple during the Nabakalebara festival in the social media.
Bus fare in Odisha has been reduced by one paisa to two paise under automatic fare revision mechanism following the fall of diesel price by 71 paise per litre recently.
Opposition BJP today demanded discussion in the assembly on alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, charging that the district in charge Minister was "shielding those involved."
A six-year-old girl faced a three-hour horrifying ordeal after teachers of a government-run upper primary school left her all alone inside a classroom by locking up the building.
Six persons were arrested for alleged involvement in killing of a 50-year-old man suspecting him to be practising sorcery at Dhepaguda in Patapur area of Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Thursday.
Maoists killed a tribal man suspecting him to be a police informer at Chintamchilika area here as the rebels began a 'protest week' on Thursday demanding halt to anti-Naxal operations by security forces.
Odisha Police on Tuesday constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the circulation of fake photographs of Lord Jagannath's secret 'Brahma Parivartan' rituals on social media.
Hitting out at the BJD Government in Odisha for the deviation in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual, BJP today launched a state-wide 'Jagannath Sanskruti Suraksha Yatra' here to demand a judicial probe into the lapses and make people aware of it.
The Odisha government on Monday posted a senior IPS officer on special duty to probe the alleged mismanagement in Nabakalebar festival, while the temple administration urged the Crime Branch to take forward the investigation concerning leak of secret ritual pictures on social media.
With Lord Jagannath's 'Nabakalebara' festival hitting hurdles due to controversies, Odisha government on Monday entrusted additional charge with the IG, (Operations), Soumendra Kumar Priyadarshi, as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) for the fete.
At lease 30 infants were down with an unknown disease in a remote village in Odisha's Malkangiri district, doctors said on Monday.
Brown sugar worth Rs 50 lakh in the international market has been recovered from a man in Odisha's Balasore district.
Two minor girls from Odisha were allegedly sold by their parents to two persons in Madhya Pradesh, following which a police team has been sent to the state to trace the girls.
The Congress on Sunday questioned Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's 'silence' over the alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual and said the truth can be unravelled only by a judicial investigation.
The body of a 55-year-old police constable was recovered from the roadside at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district, police said on Sunday.
With the Pawan Hans Limited agreeing to begin commercial chopper service between the state capital and Paradip, the Odisha government on Saturday asked the authorities of Paradip Port Trust (PPT) and IOCL to consider some of the requirements of the helicopter company.
Former deputy director of mines in Odisha, at present under suspension, was on Saturday arrested by the anti-corruption vigilance wing in connection with a multi-crore Uliburu mining scam.
A First Information Report (FIR) was filed against Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Vigilance Director KB Singh on Saturday for falsely implicating former DGP Prakash Mishra in a financial irregularities case.
Normal life was affected across Odisha on Friday due to a dawn-to-dusk bandh called by Congress protesting alleged mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Parivartan rituals and demanding a judicial probe into the episode.
As the public anger against the Odisha government for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's 'Brahma Paribartan' ritual further intensified, the temple priests of Puri on Thursday appealed to people to forget and forgive them even as the stage is set for a state-wide bandh tomorrow followed by a series of agitations in next seven days.
Security was tightened in Bhubaneswar and about 40 Youth Congress workers were taken into custody by the police on Thursday ahead of the 12-hour Odisha bandh called by Congress on Friday.
Questioning Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's silence over mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Nabakalebara festival, the BJP today announced a week-long agitation from June 30 and sought a judicial probe into the matter.
Three people are suspected to have died of anthrax in Odisha`s Koraput district after consuming meat.
Odisha government has set the target to become a total Open Defecation Free (ODF) and asked all District Collectors today to work to achieve the goal between December, 2016 and December, 2017.
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Genome sequencing brings woolly mammoth clones closer
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh