Using the slogan ''don't waste water'', the acclaimed sand artist has attempted to send a message that ''every drop of water is precious, there could be no life without water''.
With impact of cyclone Roanu over, the heat wave returned to Odisha with nine places recording temperature above 40 degrees Celsius on Sunday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday hold a high-level meeting with Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to discuss drought situation in the state.
A high alert has been sounded in the region and fishermen have been advised to stay off high seas.
Cyclonic storm 'Roanu' over Bay of Bengal moved northeastwards and lay centred around 280 km southwest off Gopalpur coast on Friday as rains coupled with gusty surface winds lashed several parts of Odisha.
With the met office predicting Cyclone Roanu to intensify into a severe cyclonic storm, Odisha government today issued alert in at least 12 districts and asked authorities to be prepared to face eventualities.
The deep depression over west-central and adjoining southwest Bay of Bengal moved nearly north-northeastwards before intensifying into the cyclonic storm 'ROANU' and lay centred about 590 km southeast of Gopalpur, the Meteorological Centre here said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday assured Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on necessary instructions for the repair of Jagamohan prayer hall structure at the Lord Jagannath temple in Puri.
With a statewide hue and cry over the safety of Sri Jagannath temple's Jagamohan, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday took up the matter with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his immediate intervention to ensure quick repair work.
Shree Jagannath Mahaprabhu lord of the Universe is the supreme solace and saviour of countless devotees around the world.
A total of 14 places in the state recorded temperature above 40 degrees Celsius out of which five places recorded temperature above 42 degrees.
The Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2016 was declared on May 13 (Friday) at 11:50 am by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE, Odisha).
The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE, Odisha) will declare Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2016 in few hours time at 11:45 am on May 13 (Friday).
They said Patnaik will be held responsible if any unfortunate incident took place during the hunger strike.
In his presidential address, NALCO's CMD Tapan Kumar Chand focused on knowledge and technology as cutting edge of a business organisation in contemporary competitive climate, a company release said.
Raghu Nayak, a resident of Jagulaipada village of Kendrapara district, was working as a gardener at Birla House in Delhi where Godse had opened fire on Gandhiji on January 30, 1948.
There was no business in the Assembly after the Opposition made three demands.
BJD members today walked out of Lok Sabha protesting Finance Minister Arun Jaitley underscoring the Centre's commitment to the Polavaram project, which is being opposed by Odisha.
A man, wanted in at least 14 cases and stated to be a close associate of former MLA (Sanakhemundi) Ramesh Jena, was on Friday arrested after a brief exchange of fire in a cashew jungle at Bahadurupeta under Gopalpur police station limit, about 25-km from here, in which he and a police officer were injured.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday sounded a severe heat wave warning in coastal Odisha for the next 3-4 days.
Pattnaik won the championship for best composition `Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace`.
People in Odisha on Wednesday continued to reel under the blistering heat wave as 17 places recorded temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. The government confirmed the death of eight people due to sunstroke.
A minor fire broke out due to electrical short-circuiting in the chamber of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in the state assembly building on Wednesday. No loss of life or damage to documents was reported.
Odisha HSC 10th Result 2016 was declared on orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in at 10 am on Wednesday (April 27).
Candidates can check their results on the following websites orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in.
The Odisha HSC Class 10th Result 2016 will be declared by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, on Wednesday (April 27).
Students can check BSE HSC Annual Result on two websites - www.bseodisha.nic.in and www.indiaresult.com at 10 am.
Torrid heat wave conditions continued in Odisha as nine places recorded temperature above 45 degrees Celsius while the toll due to sunstroke has touched 66, officials said.
Earmarking Rs 300 crore for developing infrastructure for supplying potable water in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday directed officials to provide free drinking water to the urban poor.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced compensation of Rs.2 lakh each for the families of those who died in a bus accident in Deogarh district and free medical treatment for the injured.
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu's belief for votes? - Part II
- PM in Iran; Modi visits Gurudwara in Tehran
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- India-Iran's friendship is as old as history: PM Modi
- Two terror attacks in Srinagar in one hour
- Delhi: Rain brings some respite from heat wave
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary
- Pooja Rani ousted, no 2016 Rio Olympic quota for Indian women boxers
- Modi government's two years in power disastrous: Congress
- Heat wave returns to Odisha
- Narendra Modi in Iran, day one: As it happened
- Beware! 'Silent' heart attacks may increase risk of death by three times: Research
- Ravi Shastri unlikley to get renewal, Bharat Arun, Sanjay Bangar on way out
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi moots revamping CWC, shunting out of 'usual faces'
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1