A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
The death toll in Odisha`s SUM Hospital fire has mounted to 26, as a person undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here succumbed to injuries on Saturday, a health official said.
His resignation came after Union Health Minister J P Nadda pointed out faults in the safety measures at the Sum Hospital.
Odisha has seen terrible human-animal conflict in the last six years, resulting in the deaths of 454 people and 2,261 animals, including 388 elephants, a Forest Department report said.
On Friday, the death toll in the deadly SUM hospital inferno has risen to 24.Earlier, Manoj Naik, owner of Bhubaneswar`s SUM Hospital was arrested by the state police on Thursday morning.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said that those found to be guilty in the SUM hospital fire mishap case won't be spared.
A day after the Odisha Police issued a Look Out notice against Manoj Nayak and his wife Saswati Das, SUM Hospital founder on Thursday surrendered.
The SUM Hospital here, where a devastating blaze on Monday claimed 21 lives, was running without fire safety clearance, Union Health Minister JP Nadda said on Wednesday, even as the police issued a 'Lookout Circular' against two members of the trust that runs the facility.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday sanctioned an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of those killed in the Odisha hospital fire.
Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar-Cuttack on Wednesday issued a 'Look Out Circular' against two senior members of Sikshya O Anusandhan Charitable Trust which runs the hospital.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda on Wednesday inspected the SUM hospital where a massive fire mishap had claimed the lives of at least 20 people on Monday.
Most of the deaths in the four-storey Sum hospital took place due to suffocation and asphyxiation.
The authorities of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, which runs the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital, on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the victims' families.
The death toll in the Bhubaneswar's Sum Hospital fire has risen to 24.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has ordered a RDC-level probe into a fire that broke out at SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday evening.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said that the Central Government was ready to extend any help required to tackle the fire incident that killed at least 22 persons at a private hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
At least 17 patients died in a fire that broke out at the Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Massive fire breaks out in Odisha hospital.
With the death of two more children, the toll due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) on Saturday went up to 53 in over a month in tribal-dominated Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Former Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju later apologised on Facebook for his remarks.
In an act of bravery, a group of karate-trained girls in the city thrashed five eve teasers and handed them over to the police recently.
Three more persons died of Japanese Encephalitis virus on Wednesday in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, taking the death toll to 48.
The death toll due to Japanese Encephalitis has reached 38 in Odisha's Malkangiri district while the disease continues to spread its tentacles to other districts.
Sishir Gamang, son of former Odisha Chief Minister Giridhar Gamang, on Saturday charged his wife with harassment, torture of their minor son and an extramarital affair.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday ordered a thorough probe into the accident.
Passenger train (number 78408) hit the good train (BCN-DANKUNI) from behind in Odisha.
After the shocking incident of Dana Majhi who carried his dead wife`s body for 10 kms in Odisha`s Kalahandi district, another tragic incident has surfaced in the state where daughters had to dismantle the roof of their home to collect wood for their mother`s funeral.
Patnaik said the incident took place at Gumudumaha village under Baliguda block of Kandhamal district during an anti-Maoist operation by SOG personnel on July 8.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday claimed Odisha remained backward because of BJD's misrule in last 17 years and said the party would emerge as an alternative in the state in 2019 Assembly elections.
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- DNA: Today in History | October 22, 2016
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- 150 Stumpings, 9000 Runs, Most Sixes for a Captain: MS Dhoni on record breaking spree against New Zealand in Mohali
- Connectivity scheme will turn India into third largest aviation market: PM Modi
- Red wine- the new medicine for hormonal imbalance in women
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...