A man, wanted in at least 14 cases and stated to be a close associate of former MLA (Sanakhemundi) Ramesh Jena, was on Friday arrested after a brief exchange of fire in a cashew jungle at Bahadurupeta under Gopalpur police station limit, about 25-km from here, in which he and a police officer were injured.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday sounded a severe heat wave warning in coastal Odisha for the next 3-4 days.
Pattnaik won the championship for best composition `Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace`.
People in Odisha on Wednesday continued to reel under the blistering heat wave as 17 places recorded temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. The government confirmed the death of eight people due to sunstroke.
A minor fire broke out due to electrical short-circuiting in the chamber of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in the state assembly building on Wednesday. No loss of life or damage to documents was reported.
Odisha HSC 10th Result 2016 was declared on orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in at 10 am on Wednesday (April 27).
Candidates can check their results on the following websites orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in.
The Odisha HSC Class 10th Result 2016 will be declared by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, on Wednesday (April 27).
Students can check BSE HSC Annual Result on two websites - www.bseodisha.nic.in and www.indiaresult.com at 10 am.
Torrid heat wave conditions continued in Odisha as nine places recorded temperature above 45 degrees Celsius while the toll due to sunstroke has touched 66, officials said.
Earmarking Rs 300 crore for developing infrastructure for supplying potable water in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday directed officials to provide free drinking water to the urban poor.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced compensation of Rs.2 lakh each for the families of those who died in a bus accident in Deogarh district and free medical treatment for the injured.
At least 25 people were killed when a bus carrying over 40 artistes of an opera team fell down a 300-feet gorge in Odisha's Deogarh district on Sunday evening, police said. The toll could go up, rescuers said.
With the arrest of four members of a gang, police today claimed to have foiled a dacoity bid in Odisha's Ganjam district.
With most parts of Odisha burning from the unrelenting heat wave, almost 24 people have lost their lives due to sunstroke in the region.
The Odisha government on Monday announced the closure of schools till April 20 in view of the prevailing heat wave in the state, where 19 deaths due to sun stroke have so far been reported.
The opposition Congress and BJP on Thursday sought the sacking of Odisha Food Minister Sanjay Dasburma after he was issued notice by the CBI for allegedly accepting a car as gift from a chit fund firm.
An alert was sounded across Odisha on Thursday following intelligence input about the entry of three armed terrorists into the country.
Incredible though it may seem, the late Biju Patnaik had plans to print fake currency notes and circulate them across the Indian subcontinent as a means of bringing about the downfall of the British Raj.
Normal life was hit as heat wave continued to prevail across Odisha with state capital Bhubaneswar recording a maximum temperature of 43.2 degrees Celsius on Wednesday.
An aide of Odisha's Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sanjay Dasburma on Wednesday submitted documents relating to a vehicle owned by the minister to the CBI which is inquiring into the multi-crore-rupee chit fund scam in the state.
From stopping work at brick kilns on very hot days to issuing five-day advance warning of heat waves, Odisha is readying a pioneering action plan to prepare for increasingly deadly summer heat, officials said.
Utkal Divas, marking the formation of Odisha, was celebrated across the state as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik greeted people on the occasion.
Altogether 25 kg of contraband ganja was seized from two persons in Odisha's Koraput district, police said today.
Padma Shri awardee Haladhar Nag's life journey is truly inspirational!
Padma Shri Haldhar Nag has contributed to the literary field of Odisha in a great way.
Five members of an organised deer poaching racket were taken into custody and seized raw spotted deer meat, antlers and hides from the protected mangrove forest areas in Odisha, officials said today.
A wanted Maoist was killed after an explosive device he was planting to target security forces in a forest area went off near Kurailpadu village in the district, police said today.
Around 60 thatched houses, set afire by unidentified persons on Monday, were gutted at Adivasi Sahi of Dadhimacchagadia under Sadar police limits in Odisha's Khurda district, police said.
The budget session of the Odisha assembly -- beginning on March 15 -- is expected to see the opposition Congress and the BJP raising issues like irregularities in distribution of ration cards and the alleged nexus of ruling BJD leaders with criminals.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland in 2014?
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part II
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part III
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part IV
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Three linked to California terror attack arrested
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!