Most parts of Odisha will receive rains till Friday even as the cyclonic storm in the Bay of Bengal weakened to a deep depression, an IMD bulletin said today.
Four persons were killed and 36 injured when a bus fell off a bridge in Odisha's Angul district on Tuesday.
Malkangiri served as a major transit belt of the Naxals.
The fire in the SUM Hospital has claimed 27 lives so far.
The bodies of 24 Maoists, including that of some women, were recovered from the site after a joint operation, police said.
The Naxals were neutralised in a joint operation by the Odisha Police and their counterparts from Andhra Pradesh.
A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
The death toll in Odisha`s SUM Hospital fire has mounted to 26, as a person undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here succumbed to injuries on Saturday, a health official said.
His resignation came after Union Health Minister J P Nadda pointed out faults in the safety measures at the Sum Hospital.
Odisha has seen terrible human-animal conflict in the last six years, resulting in the deaths of 454 people and 2,261 animals, including 388 elephants, a Forest Department report said.
On Friday, the death toll in the deadly SUM hospital inferno has risen to 24.Earlier, Manoj Naik, owner of Bhubaneswar`s SUM Hospital was arrested by the state police on Thursday morning.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said that those found to be guilty in the SUM hospital fire mishap case won't be spared.
A day after the Odisha Police issued a Look Out notice against Manoj Nayak and his wife Saswati Das, SUM Hospital founder on Thursday surrendered.
The SUM Hospital here, where a devastating blaze on Monday claimed 21 lives, was running without fire safety clearance, Union Health Minister JP Nadda said on Wednesday, even as the police issued a 'Lookout Circular' against two members of the trust that runs the facility.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday sanctioned an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of those killed in the Odisha hospital fire.
Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar-Cuttack on Wednesday issued a 'Look Out Circular' against two senior members of Sikshya O Anusandhan Charitable Trust which runs the hospital.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda on Wednesday inspected the SUM hospital where a massive fire mishap had claimed the lives of at least 20 people on Monday.
Most of the deaths in the four-storey Sum hospital took place due to suffocation and asphyxiation.
The authorities of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, which runs the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital, on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the victims' families.
The death toll in the Bhubaneswar's Sum Hospital fire has risen to 24.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has ordered a RDC-level probe into a fire that broke out at SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday evening.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said that the Central Government was ready to extend any help required to tackle the fire incident that killed at least 22 persons at a private hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
At least 17 patients died in a fire that broke out at the Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Massive fire breaks out in Odisha hospital.
With the death of two more children, the toll due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) on Saturday went up to 53 in over a month in tribal-dominated Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Former Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju later apologised on Facebook for his remarks.
In an act of bravery, a group of karate-trained girls in the city thrashed five eve teasers and handed them over to the police recently.
Three more persons died of Japanese Encephalitis virus on Wednesday in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, taking the death toll to 48.
The death toll due to Japanese Encephalitis has reached 38 in Odisha's Malkangiri district while the disease continues to spread its tentacles to other districts.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny