The Odisha Human Rights Commission has asked the district collector of Balasore and Inspector General of Railway Police to enquire into the incident.
A probe into the incident by Kalahandi district collector Brundha D concluded that the man Dana Manjhi had left the hospital without informing anyone.
After a tribal man's 10-km walk with his wife's body on his shoulder drew widespread flak, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched "Mahaprayan" scheme to help the bereaved transport the bodies of their kin from hospitals to their residences .
A poor man from Odisha was forced to walk down the road, carrying the dead body of his wife wrapped in a blanket for at least 10 kms.
One person sustained serious burn injuries following a blast in a petrol filling station here.
With the well marked low pressure concentrating into a depression over Bay of Bengal, IMD on Wednesday warned of very heavy rainfall coupled with gusty surface wind and rough sea in some areas of Odisha during the next 24 hours.
With a low pressure area over north Bay of Bengal and its neighbourhood likely to intensify further, the IMD today warned Odisha government about heavy rainfall and an increase in the height of sea waves upto four meters.
The Congress holds Biju Janata Dal government in Odisha and Bharatiya Janata Party government in Chhattisgarh responsible for the dispute over the sharing of waters of the Mahanadi River.
The Congress said the Odisha government should take necessary legal action against Chhattisgarh state over the Mahanadi water issue.
Odisha cabinet minister Jogendra Behera faced criticism from different quarters after his personal security officer (PSO) was seen tying his shoelaces during Independence Day celebration in Keonjhar on Monday.
The Odisha state Congress on Friday called for a statewide shutdown on August 16 to protest construction of barrages and dams on Mahanadi river in its upper catchment area by the Chhattisgarh government.
Odisha is likely to receive heavy rains coupled with gusty surface wind in the next 24 hours as a depression in the region has intensified into a deep depression over Bangladesh today.
The victim is a student of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), located inside the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) campus near Bhubaneswar.
The Medical Council of India has slashed 250 MBBS seats in several medical colleges in Odisha and has permitted two other colleges to have 150 more seats.
The grotesque visuals of the incident shows a man beating his friend with a shovel to death, while the victim's friend is also attacked by him in Nayapalli area in Bhubaneswar on Saturday night.
The apex court directed the Odisha government to give additional compensation to the riot victims.
At least 40 people were killed and more than 35 others were injured in lightning strikes in Odisha in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Saturday.
The FIR has been lodged at Manamunda police station in Boudh district.
Two years after the arrest of Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, a man who had allegedly given shelter to the high-profile rebel in his house near Bada Bazar here has been arrested, police said.
A Maoist carrying a Rs four lakh reward on her head surrendered before the police in Malkangiri district on Thursday.
After remaining untraced for about a month, wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returned to Odisha on Wednesday night from Mumbai.
The mother and widow of a soldier who had laid down his life in the Kargil war are entangled in an intriguing legal battle for the past 17 years over sharing the monetary compensation.
Five tribals, including three women and an one-year-old child, were killed on July 8 in what police said was a crossfire during its operation against Maoists.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Tuesday said the state of Odisha is very close to her heart and asserted that the central government will not do anything or allow anything to happen that will hamper its interests.
Asking Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to own responsibility for the death of five persons in Kandhamal, Congress said it would raise the issue in Parliament as such killings in the name of anti-naxal drive shows BJD regime's "anti-tribal and anti-dalit" psyche.
Sukhdev and his wife Rukmini were active for over a decade and decided to give up arms after they realised that the Maoists were harassing tribals and poor people.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday hit out at the BJP over the derogatory remarks against BSP chief Mayawati saying that it shows its "anti-Dalit" stand.
Dogs are considered to be the best friends of humans and the saying was yet again proved in Odisha's Gajapati district.
People belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) under the banner of Ganjam District Dalit Samanwaya Samiti have launched a stir in Ganjam district demanding protection from alleged atrocities.
Describing the Kandhamal tragedy as a grim chapter involving killing of helpless and innocent people, the BJP delegation alleged that Naveen Patnaik government was not at all serious about the incident.
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Janmashtami special: Watch how to make 'Mathura Ka Pedha' for Thakur Ji by chef Sanjeev Kapoor!
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China