The Odisha Human Rights Commission has asked the district collector of Balasore and Inspector General of Railway Police to enquire into the incident.
A probe into the incident by Kalahandi district collector Brundha D concluded that the man Dana Manjhi had left the hospital without informing anyone.
After a tribal man's 10-km walk with his wife's body on his shoulder drew widespread flak, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched "Mahaprayan" scheme to help the bereaved transport the bodies of their kin from hospitals to their residences .
A poor man from Odisha was forced to walk down the road, carrying the dead body of his wife wrapped in a blanket for at least 10 kms.
One person sustained serious burn injuries following a blast in a petrol filling station here.
With the well marked low pressure concentrating into a depression over Bay of Bengal, IMD on Wednesday warned of very heavy rainfall coupled with gusty surface wind and rough sea in some areas of Odisha during the next 24 hours.
With a low pressure area over north Bay of Bengal and its neighbourhood likely to intensify further, the IMD today warned Odisha government about heavy rainfall and an increase in the height of sea waves upto four meters.
The Congress holds Biju Janata Dal government in Odisha and Bharatiya Janata Party government in Chhattisgarh responsible for the dispute over the sharing of waters of the Mahanadi River.
The Congress said the Odisha government should take necessary legal action against Chhattisgarh state over the Mahanadi water issue.
Odisha cabinet minister Jogendra Behera faced criticism from different quarters after his personal security officer (PSO) was seen tying his shoelaces during Independence Day celebration in Keonjhar on Monday.
The Odisha state Congress on Friday called for a statewide shutdown on August 16 to protest construction of barrages and dams on Mahanadi river in its upper catchment area by the Chhattisgarh government.
Odisha is likely to receive heavy rains coupled with gusty surface wind in the next 24 hours as a depression in the region has intensified into a deep depression over Bangladesh today.
The victim is a student of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), located inside the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) campus near Bhubaneswar.
The Medical Council of India has slashed 250 MBBS seats in several medical colleges in Odisha and has permitted two other colleges to have 150 more seats.
The grotesque visuals of the incident shows a man beating his friend with a shovel to death, while the victim's friend is also attacked by him in Nayapalli area in Bhubaneswar on Saturday night.
The apex court directed the Odisha government to give additional compensation to the riot victims.
At least 40 people were killed and more than 35 others were injured in lightning strikes in Odisha in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Saturday.
The FIR has been lodged at Manamunda police station in Boudh district.
Two years after the arrest of Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda, a man who had allegedly given shelter to the high-profile rebel in his house near Bada Bazar here has been arrested, police said.
A Maoist carrying a Rs four lakh reward on her head surrendered before the police in Malkangiri district on Thursday.
After remaining untraced for about a month, wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returned to Odisha on Wednesday night from Mumbai.
The mother and widow of a soldier who had laid down his life in the Kargil war are entangled in an intriguing legal battle for the past 17 years over sharing the monetary compensation.
Five tribals, including three women and an one-year-old child, were killed on July 8 in what police said was a crossfire during its operation against Maoists.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Tuesday said the state of Odisha is very close to her heart and asserted that the central government will not do anything or allow anything to happen that will hamper its interests.
Asking Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to own responsibility for the death of five persons in Kandhamal, Congress said it would raise the issue in Parliament as such killings in the name of anti-naxal drive shows BJD regime's "anti-tribal and anti-dalit" psyche.
Sukhdev and his wife Rukmini were active for over a decade and decided to give up arms after they realised that the Maoists were harassing tribals and poor people.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday hit out at the BJP over the derogatory remarks against BSP chief Mayawati saying that it shows its "anti-Dalit" stand.
Dogs are considered to be the best friends of humans and the saying was yet again proved in Odisha's Gajapati district.
People belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) under the banner of Ganjam District Dalit Samanwaya Samiti have launched a stir in Ganjam district demanding protection from alleged atrocities.
Describing the Kandhamal tragedy as a grim chapter involving killing of helpless and innocent people, the BJP delegation alleged that Naveen Patnaik government was not at all serious about the incident.
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show to focus on building new enterprise
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir
- France`s top court to rule on burkini ban
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'
- AAP to decide Sucha Singh Chhotepur's fate today
- 'Quality health care must for India'
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital