BJD members today walked out of Lok Sabha protesting Finance Minister Arun Jaitley underscoring the Centre's commitment to the Polavaram project, which is being opposed by Odisha.
A man, wanted in at least 14 cases and stated to be a close associate of former MLA (Sanakhemundi) Ramesh Jena, was on Friday arrested after a brief exchange of fire in a cashew jungle at Bahadurupeta under Gopalpur police station limit, about 25-km from here, in which he and a police officer were injured.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday sounded a severe heat wave warning in coastal Odisha for the next 3-4 days.
Pattnaik won the championship for best composition `Mahatma Gandhi - World Peace`.
People in Odisha on Wednesday continued to reel under the blistering heat wave as 17 places recorded temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. The government confirmed the death of eight people due to sunstroke.
A minor fire broke out due to electrical short-circuiting in the chamber of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in the state assembly building on Wednesday. No loss of life or damage to documents was reported.
Odisha HSC 10th Result 2016 was declared on orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in at 10 am on Wednesday (April 27).
Candidates can check their results on the following websites orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in and bse.odisha.nic.in.
The Odisha HSC Class 10th Result 2016 will be declared by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, on Wednesday (April 27).
Students can check BSE HSC Annual Result on two websites - www.bseodisha.nic.in and www.indiaresult.com at 10 am.
Torrid heat wave conditions continued in Odisha as nine places recorded temperature above 45 degrees Celsius while the toll due to sunstroke has touched 66, officials said.
Earmarking Rs 300 crore for developing infrastructure for supplying potable water in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday directed officials to provide free drinking water to the urban poor.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday announced compensation of Rs.2 lakh each for the families of those who died in a bus accident in Deogarh district and free medical treatment for the injured.
At least 25 people were killed when a bus carrying over 40 artistes of an opera team fell down a 300-feet gorge in Odisha's Deogarh district on Sunday evening, police said. The toll could go up, rescuers said.
With the arrest of four members of a gang, police today claimed to have foiled a dacoity bid in Odisha's Ganjam district.
With most parts of Odisha burning from the unrelenting heat wave, almost 24 people have lost their lives due to sunstroke in the region.
The Odisha government on Monday announced the closure of schools till April 20 in view of the prevailing heat wave in the state, where 19 deaths due to sun stroke have so far been reported.
The opposition Congress and BJP on Thursday sought the sacking of Odisha Food Minister Sanjay Dasburma after he was issued notice by the CBI for allegedly accepting a car as gift from a chit fund firm.
An alert was sounded across Odisha on Thursday following intelligence input about the entry of three armed terrorists into the country.
Incredible though it may seem, the late Biju Patnaik had plans to print fake currency notes and circulate them across the Indian subcontinent as a means of bringing about the downfall of the British Raj.
Normal life was hit as heat wave continued to prevail across Odisha with state capital Bhubaneswar recording a maximum temperature of 43.2 degrees Celsius on Wednesday.
An aide of Odisha's Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sanjay Dasburma on Wednesday submitted documents relating to a vehicle owned by the minister to the CBI which is inquiring into the multi-crore-rupee chit fund scam in the state.
From stopping work at brick kilns on very hot days to issuing five-day advance warning of heat waves, Odisha is readying a pioneering action plan to prepare for increasingly deadly summer heat, officials said.
Utkal Divas, marking the formation of Odisha, was celebrated across the state as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik greeted people on the occasion.
Altogether 25 kg of contraband ganja was seized from two persons in Odisha's Koraput district, police said today.
Padma Shri awardee Haladhar Nag's life journey is truly inspirational!
Padma Shri Haldhar Nag has contributed to the literary field of Odisha in a great way.
Five members of an organised deer poaching racket were taken into custody and seized raw spotted deer meat, antlers and hides from the protected mangrove forest areas in Odisha, officials said today.
A wanted Maoist was killed after an explosive device he was planting to target security forces in a forest area went off near Kurailpadu village in the district, police said today.
Around 60 thatched houses, set afire by unidentified persons on Monday, were gutted at Adivasi Sahi of Dadhimacchagadia under Sadar police limits in Odisha's Khurda district, police said.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- DNA : How forest fire is melting Himalayan glaciers?
- DNA : Dreadful effects of melting Himalayan glacier
- DNA : Manoj Kumar honored with Dadasaheb Phalke award
- DNA : Today in History, 3rd May, 2016
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists held in Delhi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav endorses Ramdev's Patanjali products
- Soldiers guarding borders at temperature of 50°C!
- 4 baby lemurs make public debut at Philadelphia Zoo!
- 'Mines Act amendments may spur M&As in cement, steel sectors'
- Hardik Patel offers to give an undertaking for bail, not to do anything that affect law
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China
- Turkey to abolish visas for EU states including Cyprus under migrant deal
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours