A hardcore Maoist who carried Rs 1 lakh reward on his head and was allegedly involved in many crimes, surrendered before the police in Odisha's Malkangiri district today, police said.
Trahi Achyuta Ashram head Surendra Mishra, known as Sura Baba, and his two sons were today detained after an FIR was lodged against them for allegedly indulging in various illegal activities.
Odisha Health Minister Atanu Sabyasachi Naik on Sunday night made a surprise visit to 'Sishu Bhawan' paediatric hospital here where 51 infants died in past 10 days.
Accusing the BJD government of failing to take steps to check rising infant deaths at Sishu Bhawan at Cuttack, BJP on Sunday said it would stage protest across the state on September 2 to highlight the crumbling health services in Odisha.
The spurt in infant deaths at Sishu Bhavan in Cuttack have raised questions about poor infrastructure and shortage of doctors in major hospitals, including MKCG, in Odisha.
The Odisha Assembly was on Saturday adjourned sine die after conducting business for two consecutive days with vacant opposition benches amidst a boycott of the House by both Congress and BJP members who were protesting alleged partisan action by the Speaker.
Odisha BJP MLA Radharani Panda on Friday sought Speaker Niranjan Pujari's intervention in the 'Radhe Maa' comment made against her by senior BJD MLA Ranendra Pratap Swain in the house.
With infant death toll reaching 35 in seven days in the state-run Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics, the Odisha government on Thursday decided to rope in at least seven doctors from SCB Medical College to man the beleaguered paediatric hospital.
The Congress on Thursday announced its decision to boycott the remaining days of the ongoing Monsoon Session of Odisha Assembly as a mark of protest over the manner in which Bills are being passed in the House.
A ruling BJD legislator called a BJP woman MLA 'Radhe Maa' on Wednesday, which was denounced by members of the state assembly cutting across party lines.
Taking strong exception to neighbouring West Bengal's move to formally stake claim over Rasogolla as their invention, the ruling BJD members today raised the issue in the Assembly and asked the government to take steps for protection of the state's culture and heritage.
A Maoist camp was destroyed and some materials were seized by security personnel following an exchange of fire with the rebels in a forest in this district, police officials said on Thursday.
Allowing a plea of Odisha Police, a court here has ordered the Choudwar jail authorities to make arrangements for video conferencing (VC) to avoid physical production of arrested godman Santosh Roul and his adopted son Satyam in court.
The Opposition Congress and BJP members on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the Well of Odisha Assembly protesting Speaker Niranjan Pujari's decision to expunge their statements on the Prakash Mishra case.
Heavy rainfall fanned by gusty surface wind is likely to lash several areas of Odisha under the influence of a low pressure area over Bay of Bengal, the IMD said on Wednesday.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday condemned the Naxalite attack in Malkangiri district of Odisha in which three BSF personnel and a civilian were killed and said the guilty should be brought to book expeditiously.
At least three jawans of the Border Security Force (BSF) were killed on Wednesday morning when Maoists ambushed their patrol party in Odisha.
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday became the latest city to move against Uber as its city council voted to ban unregulated ride-sharing services.
A local court rejected the bail application on Tuesday of Satyam Roul, the adopted son of self-proclaimed godman Santosh Roul, alias Sarathi Baba, who is in custody.
Alarmed over spurt of child deaths at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics in Cuttack, the Odisha government today set up a technical committee to probe the issue at the state's premier paediatrics hospital, which also known as Sishu Bhawan.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today said Left Wing Extremism (LEW) continues to be a challenge in the districts of Malkangiri, Koraput and Nuapada.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday said Left Wing Extremism (LEW) continues to be a challenge in the districts of Malkangiri, Koraput and Nuapada.
The Odisha Human Rights Commission (OHRC) on Monday directed the state health department to submit an inquiry report into the death of 21 infants in four days in a hospital in Cuttack.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday informed the Assembly that as many as 245 gang-rape incidents have been reported in the state of which the victims were killed in eight cases in last three years.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday informed the Assembly that as many as 245 gang rape incidents have been reported in the state of which the victims were killed in eight cases in last three years.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said that as many as 167 posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFS) are lying vacant in the state.
Accusing Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of "running away" from a discussion on self-proclaimed godman Srimad Sarathi Dev alias Santosh Kumar Roul, opposition Congress on Monday demanded a through probe into the latter's political connections.
As many as 167 Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFS) posts are lying vacant in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Monday.
Close on the heels of a pension fraud, alleged irregularities in allotment of Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) benefits have come to the fore in Ganjam district following which district administration has cancelled 13 work orders in Kukudakhandi block.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I'm also 100 percent Bihar: 'Avengers' star Mark Ruffalo