The Odisha Assembly was on Saturday adjourned sine die after conducting business for two consecutive days with vacant opposition benches amidst a boycott of the House by both Congress and BJP members who were protesting alleged partisan action by the Speaker.
Odisha BJP MLA Radharani Panda on Friday sought Speaker Niranjan Pujari's intervention in the 'Radhe Maa' comment made against her by senior BJD MLA Ranendra Pratap Swain in the house.
With infant death toll reaching 35 in seven days in the state-run Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics, the Odisha government on Thursday decided to rope in at least seven doctors from SCB Medical College to man the beleaguered paediatric hospital.
The Congress on Thursday announced its decision to boycott the remaining days of the ongoing Monsoon Session of Odisha Assembly as a mark of protest over the manner in which Bills are being passed in the House.
A ruling BJD legislator called a BJP woman MLA 'Radhe Maa' on Wednesday, which was denounced by members of the state assembly cutting across party lines.
Taking strong exception to neighbouring West Bengal's move to formally stake claim over Rasogolla as their invention, the ruling BJD members today raised the issue in the Assembly and asked the government to take steps for protection of the state's culture and heritage.
A Maoist camp was destroyed and some materials were seized by security personnel following an exchange of fire with the rebels in a forest in this district, police officials said on Thursday.
Allowing a plea of Odisha Police, a court here has ordered the Choudwar jail authorities to make arrangements for video conferencing (VC) to avoid physical production of arrested godman Santosh Roul and his adopted son Satyam in court.
The Opposition Congress and BJP members on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the Well of Odisha Assembly protesting Speaker Niranjan Pujari's decision to expunge their statements on the Prakash Mishra case.
Heavy rainfall fanned by gusty surface wind is likely to lash several areas of Odisha under the influence of a low pressure area over Bay of Bengal, the IMD said on Wednesday.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday condemned the Naxalite attack in Malkangiri district of Odisha in which three BSF personnel and a civilian were killed and said the guilty should be brought to book expeditiously.
At least three jawans of the Border Security Force (BSF) were killed on Wednesday morning when Maoists ambushed their patrol party in Odisha.
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Rio de Janeiro on Tuesday became the latest city to move against Uber as its city council voted to ban unregulated ride-sharing services.
A local court rejected the bail application on Tuesday of Satyam Roul, the adopted son of self-proclaimed godman Santosh Roul, alias Sarathi Baba, who is in custody.
Alarmed over spurt of child deaths at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics in Cuttack, the Odisha government today set up a technical committee to probe the issue at the state's premier paediatrics hospital, which also known as Sishu Bhawan.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today said Left Wing Extremism (LEW) continues to be a challenge in the districts of Malkangiri, Koraput and Nuapada.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday said Left Wing Extremism (LEW) continues to be a challenge in the districts of Malkangiri, Koraput and Nuapada.
The Odisha Human Rights Commission (OHRC) on Monday directed the state health department to submit an inquiry report into the death of 21 infants in four days in a hospital in Cuttack.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday informed the Assembly that as many as 245 gang-rape incidents have been reported in the state of which the victims were killed in eight cases in last three years.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday informed the Assembly that as many as 245 gang rape incidents have been reported in the state of which the victims were killed in eight cases in last three years.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said that as many as 167 posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFS) are lying vacant in the state.
Accusing Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of "running away" from a discussion on self-proclaimed godman Srimad Sarathi Dev alias Santosh Kumar Roul, opposition Congress on Monday demanded a through probe into the latter's political connections.
As many as 167 Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFS) posts are lying vacant in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Monday.
Close on the heels of a pension fraud, alleged irregularities in allotment of Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) benefits have come to the fore in Ganjam district following which district administration has cancelled 13 work orders in Kukudakhandi block.
A fresh case of sexual abuse has been filed against arrested self-proclaimed godman Sarathi Baba alias Santosh Roul.
Odisha Assembly on Friday witnessed noisy scenes with the Congress members staging a dharna in the Well of the House demanding action against BJD members who attacked their chief whip, while BJP MLAs stood in protest accusing the ruling BJD legislators of "attacking" the opposition.
At least nine state government employees have been suspended by the Ganjam district administration for applying for ration cards under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
On the 11th day of their agitation, non-regular school teachers on Thursday gheraoed houses of MLAs and prevented them from going to the Assembly.
A man has been sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local court for killing his father following a quarrel in Balasore district a year ago.
The sprawling Ashram founded by arrested self-proclaimed godman Sarathi Baba alias Santosh Raula in Odisha's Kendrapara district was officially evaluated at Rs 4.48 crore.
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- IPS officer stopped investigation of Sheena Bora murder in 2012
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Watch: Morning Superfast @ 7am
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Delhi sees sharp rise in number of deaths: Govt report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Phantom movie review: Watch it for Saif Ali Khan!
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- Seven natural ways to keep those extra kilos at bay!
- Was Indrani Mukerjea's daughter Sheena pregnant when she was murdered?
- Sheena Bora's murder well planned, Indrani Mukerjea recced Raigad forest
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter