With ink on his face and body, popular Odia comedian Tattwa Prakash Satpathy alias Papu Pompom was seen begging for forgiveness by holding his ears inside his car.
Justice Debabrata Dash allowed the advance bail pleas of Saswati and Arati, who are the members of the Trust that runs the hospital.
The “warning notice” was issued by ladies hostel warden S Bhuvaneswari on Tuesday. It was, however, taken down on Wednesday following widespread condemnation.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday said 11.61 lakh farmers across the state will get Rs 1,776 crore in crop insurance for Kharif season of 2015.
A youth was arrested in Odisha on charges of circulating counterfeits of newly-released Rs 2,000 notes, said police on Tuesday.
Odisha also urged the union ministry to direct the Chhattisgarh government to stop construction of barrages over the Mahanadi river with immediate effect.
At least 30 people have recently fled Dabuguda village of Odisha`s Malkangiri district after Naxals, whose strength is dwindling after the September 24 encounter, issued a diktat that one member from each family will have to join their organisation.
Small traders and auto-rickshaw drivers are not accepting the Rs 10 coins. Many local shops and vendors have also stopped taking the coins.
A youth was arrested by Odisha police when he was trying to deposit fake currency notes at a bank at Khurda town, near here, amid the rush of customers depositing money following the demonetisation of high-value currency notes.
Patnaik became the first signatory to the memorandum, which will be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee. It is proposed to contain at least one signature from all the 87 lakh families of the state, BJD sources said.
NSUI activists on Wednesday barged into the hotel room of Congress general secretary in-charge of Odisha BK Hariprasad here and shouted at him over the non-participation of any senior party leader at the funeral of Lalatendu Bidyadhar Mohapatra, a reputed Odisha Congress leader, who passed away at a private hospital in Gurugram on Sunday night.
As many as 94 Maoist supporters and 52 militia members have surrendered before Malkangiri police.
The rain is likely to continue for at least two more days.
Ahead of Panchayat elections in Odisha, BJP on Saturday announced plans to organise a large meeting here on November 25, where party president Amit Shah will sound the poll bugle and "expose the inefficiency, inertia and misrule" during 17 years of BJD rule in the state.
Incessant rains since Thursday in several parts of coastal and interior Odisha have thrown normal life out of gear.
Odisha Chief Minister and BJD President Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said there was no scope for any alliance with the Congress.
Around four lakh state government employees and over three lakh pensioners would benefit from the move.
In the audio tape the chief ministers of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh were blamed for the killing of the 28 Maoists.
The Odisha govt has ordered an inquiry into the fire incident by the Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) under the Commission of Enquiry Act of 1952.
Most parts of Odisha will receive rains till Friday even as the cyclonic storm in the Bay of Bengal weakened to a deep depression, an IMD bulletin said today.
Four persons were killed and 36 injured when a bus fell off a bridge in Odisha's Angul district on Tuesday.
Malkangiri served as a major transit belt of the Naxals.
The fire in the SUM Hospital has claimed 27 lives so far.
The bodies of 24 Maoists, including that of some women, were recovered from the site after a joint operation, police said.
The Naxals were neutralised in a joint operation by the Odisha Police and their counterparts from Andhra Pradesh.
A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
The death toll in Odisha`s SUM Hospital fire has mounted to 26, as a person undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here succumbed to injuries on Saturday, a health official said.
His resignation came after Union Health Minister J P Nadda pointed out faults in the safety measures at the Sum Hospital.
Odisha has seen terrible human-animal conflict in the last six years, resulting in the deaths of 454 people and 2,261 animals, including 388 elephants, a Forest Department report said.
On Friday, the death toll in the deadly SUM hospital inferno has risen to 24.Earlier, Manoj Naik, owner of Bhubaneswar`s SUM Hospital was arrested by the state police on Thursday morning.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Ruckus in Parliament on note ban continues
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Congress and Rahul Gandhi's twitter accounts hacked
- Funeral of martyr Sambhaji Kadam in Nanded today
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- Last rites of martyr Sukhraj Singh to take place in Punjab today
- Fog brings visibility below 50 meters at Delhi airport
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Donald Trump calls Nawaz Sharif 'a terrific guy', Pakistan 'a fantastic country`
- PM Narendra Modi sits in Rajya Sabha even during adjournment, chats with Opposition MPs
- Deepika Padukone's daddy Prakash Padukone reacts to Ranveer Singh's 'marriage material' comment!
- This is what US thinks about Narendra Modi govt's demonetisation drive
- Nagrota Attacks: Saddened by killings of jawans, Gautam Gambhir bats for strong action against Pakistan
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer extended till March 2017: Full details of Postpaid 4G data tariff plan
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer extended till March 2017: Key facts you should know
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits