Odisha's Balasore city now boasts a Jagannath Temple on the lines of the one in Puri. The temple has come up in a three-acre area with the main tower rising above the inner sanctum that houses the deities.
Padhi is presently working as Additional Chief Secretary to the Chief Minister.
The Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved the proposal in this regard.
The Vedanta Group, which has set up a 1 MTPA refinery at Lanjigarh in Odisha's Kalahandi district, had earlier initiated process for gradual closure of the plant due to shortage of raw material.
Only five of the total 30 districts in Odisa were not in the list of districts hit by the drought this time.
The Berhampur Circle Jail was opened to public to pay tribute to freedom fighter Laxman Nayak.
Poet Jayanta Mahapatra said in his letter to the President that he would feel ethically impugned if he did not raise his voice in dissent against the “growing moral asymmetry”.
The white paper also asked the BJD government to convene an all-party meeting for tackling farmers issues.
Odisha land record and settlement commissioner court ordered restoration 88 acres of government land.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday urged union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to reduce the interest rate on medium term (conversion) loans for farmers facing drought situation in the state.
BJP state unit president K V Singhdeo accused the ruling BJD of holding farmers' rally at Sohela in drought-hit Bargarh.
In the backdrop of a drought situation and farmers' alleged suicide incidents in the state, Odisha government today appointed a new Agriculture Secretary and a Special Relief Commissioner in a major bureaucratic reshuffle.
The Government Railway Police today arrested a person, who hails from Tamil Nadu, in connection with yesterday's fire at three express trains at Puri Railway Station.
The Supreme Court has ordered a stay on admissions in 100 medical seats in Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Rourkela, and 50 seats in Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
A deep depression over the Bay of Bengal is likely to trigger rain or thundershower coupled with gusty surface winds in some parts of Odisha.
Nuclear-capable strategic ballistic missile Agni-IV was fired from a test range off the Odisha coast as part of a user trial by the armed forces.
Four persons were killed and 15 others injured when a minibus overturned at Bada Kharida in Odisha's Ganjam district.
Ten fishermen have been taken into custody by the Bhitarkanika National Park authorities in Odisha for illegal fishing activity in the core area of the Park, posing a danger to estuarine crocodiles and aquatic species.
A gun-making unit of the Maoists was busted and some weapons were seized by BSF personnel during an operation in Odisha's Koraput district, officials said on Tuesday.
The NHRC has sought a report from the Indian Coast Guard and the Odisha government over discontinuation of sea patrolling along the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal.
Attempting to reach global standards in the disaster management, the Odisha government today said it will use space technology for tackling calamities in the state.
At least 7 people, including a woman, were killed and 5 others critically injured when a truck hit a mini-truck and a bus near Randha in Ganjam district on Thursday.
Shiny and sparkly cowries shells have come to the centre-stage to add colour to the festive Laxmi puja in Odisha.
Odisha this monsoon received 14 per cent deficit rainfall leading to a drought situation.
A woman was electrocuted when a live wire fell on her at a village road in Ganjam district, after which angry villagers locked two employees of the power distribution company.
Railway officials in Odisha were on Tuesday questioned by a CBI team in connection with the mysterious death of Bijaya Bahadur Singh who served as an observer in some VYAPAM recruitment tests in Madhya Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday greeted Odisha Chief Minister and BJD leader Naveen Patnaik on his birthday and said he prayed for his long and healthy life.
At least 11 students, including nine girls, were injured when a gas-filled balloon exploded near Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's residence here when they were on way to wish him on his birthday on Friday.
Maoists gunned down two tribal men at a village in Malkangiri district suspecting them to be police informers, barely 12 days after killing a tribal in the Naxal-hit district, police said on Thursday.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader