Condemning the terror attack in Dina Nagar on Moday in which seven people died and three militants were eliminated, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed on Wednesday expressed the apprehension about the increase in terrorist activity from across the border.
In wake of the seven-day state mourning observed nation-wide in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, Punjab Government on Wednesday postponed its annual state-level function to mark the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh.
Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday suggested to the Centre to consider the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and their patrons across the border in the wake of the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will on Wednesday visit the families of the seven persons killed in the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur.
The five live bombs that were found on Amritsar-Pathankot railway tracks yesterday were made of unmarked RDX, Army sources said.
A 26-year-old woman died after she allegedly jumped from third floor of a hotel here, police said today.
The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.
The terrorists, who launched a terror strike in the Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday, had 'Made in China' grenades with them.
Satpal, Darshan Kumar and Nanak Chand are no ordinary people as they are the ones who saved scores of innocent lives in this Punjab town during a terror attack.
Preliminary probe into the terror strike in the district that left seven persons dead indicates that the three suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants had entered the country from Pakistan through Bamiyal village close to the International Border.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has called off his meeting with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, scheduled for July 29, in view of Monday's terror attack at Dina Nagar in the border district of Gurdaspur.
The global positioning system (GPS) sets recovered from the three terrorists killed here clearly indicates to a Pakistan link in Monday's terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town, sources said on Tuesday.
In wake of the terror attack in Punjab`s Dinanagar town on Monday which left seven people dead, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal called off his scheduled meeting later this week with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, an official said.
Baljit Singh, the police officer, who was on Monday killed in the gun-battle with terrorists in Gurdaspur district, was a son to a policeman who too was killed by militants during the height of militancy in Punjab in 1984.
Four time BJP MP from Gurdaspur Vinod Khanna on Monday termed the terrorist attack in his constituency as "shocking" and "unfortunate", saying the guilty will not be spared.
Politicians took to Twitter to condemn the terror attack in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district on Monday, expressing their sympathies for the victims and their families.
Ever since Narendra Modi assumed office as the Prime Minister of India, his foreign policy initiatives towards Pakistan have had a roller coast ride.
The alertness and bravery of a bus driver saved several lives as terrorists launched an attack here in Punjab on Monday.
In the wake of a terrorist attack in Gurdaspur district of Punjab on Monday, Gujarat police has been asked to be on alert especially the border district police as the state shares land border with Pakistan.
After nearly 12 hours, the Gurdaspur terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town came to an end on Monday evening as police killed all terrorists in counter-operation.
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Anushka Sharma faces Twitter backlash for posting APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrongly
- LIVE: Yakub Memon's body reaches Mumbai home; police bans media from taking photographs
- Gurdaspur terror attack: 14-second CCTV video footage of three terrorists recovered
- Punjab terror attack: Is there a 'China' angle?
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- APJ Abdul Kalam's last rites to be held in Rameswaram on July 30