Sukhbir Singh Badal said that Punjab is a transit route of drug suppliers across the border from Pakistan and Afghanistan to other parts of the country.
Amarinder Singh, a former chief minister, has replaced Partap Singh Bajwa as party chief to lead the poll effort in Punjab.
Shiromani Akali Dal President Sukhbir Singh Badal was speaking at the second Sadbhavna rally.
Vij walked out of the meeting after Fatehabad district police chief Sangeeta Kalia, an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer whom he ordered to "get out", refused to leave.
The Congress Party has also constituted a Campaign Committee with Ambika Soni as its chairperson with an eye on the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections.
With protesters and the media following him after his controversial remarks on leaving India, the security of Bollywood star Aamir Khan -- who is currently shooting for his upcoming film "Dangal" in the rural areas of Punjab's Ludhiana district -- has been beefed up by Punjab Police.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Wednesday rubbished the issue of Swiss bank notice to his wife.
Responding to Congress leader Amarinder Singh's remark that he would hold a bigger rally at Bathinda, Punjab deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday asked him to declare a date and time for the same instead of resorting to "false bravado" and "empty boasts".
Congress leader Amarinder Singh claimed that most of the people at 'Sadhbhavna' rally today were either imported from Haryana.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday said the 'Sarbat Khalsa' gathering was not anti-national but the leaders on the stage were.
Chugh alleged that the only thing Congress at present has in mind is that how they can wrest power in the state and make a comeback.
Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa pointed out that this was not the first time that father and son had "publicly differed".
Rubbishing the allegation, the Congress leadership dared Badal to book them for sedition if he had proof of their alleged link with anti-national elements.
Noted lawyer Phoolka had demanded that former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi be stripped of Bharat Ratna award as he had "justified" the killings in the over three-decade old riots.
The BSF also recovered one pistol and ammunition from the area.
Amarinder Singh said, “Badals are trying to hide their failure by putting blame on Sarbat Khalsa."
Badal said Congress leaders including its state chief recently shared the stage with groups, which have been demanding Khalistan, at a rally in Amritsar.
Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today hit out at Punjab Deputy Chief Minister's claim that they and other Sikh groups were responsible for disturbing the communal harmony, adding that the minister's "politically managed" move to pardon Dera Sacha chief has put the state on boil.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today underscored the need for joint efforts by state government and private entrepreneurs to bail out the farmers at this critical juncture, saying there is a need to ensure food security in the country.
Congress leaders rejected the CBI probe ordered by Punjab government, saying its terms of reference did not include the role of police whose action left two people dead.
The police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday lashed out at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
The Police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Sunday rejected the ruling SAD's charge that his party was masterminding 'Sarbat Khalsa' and accused it of trying to "deflect public attention" from desecration and killing of peaceful protesters in Punjab.
BJP today accused Congress of "destablising the state and the country" by leading support to 'Sarbat Khalsa' held at village Chabba three days ago where 'Khalistan' slogans were raised and a convict in former chief minister Beant Singh's assassination case was appointed as Jathedar of Akal Takht Sahib.
Radical Sikh leaders from in and around Amritsar in Punjab were arrested to prevent a religious showdown at the Golden Temple complex on Wednesday, police sources said.
Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday rejected the appointment of Jagtar Singh Hawara, the convict in Beant Singh assassination case, as jathedar of Akal Takht and other resolutions passed by a gathering of Sikhs, including hardliners, in Amritsar.
Hawara is the main accused in the assassination of then Punjab chief minister Beant Singh who was killed by a human bomb in Chandigarh on August 31, 1995.
Members of various Sikh organisations gathered on the outskirts of Amritsar Tuesday to take part in 'Sarbat Khalsa'.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Kajol, Kriti find tough to match Varun, Shah Rukh Khan's dance moves