Amarinder told reporters that the party had unanimously decided to stand by its earlier decision that all MLAs will resign en block in the event of the SC's decision going against Punjab.
Activists from Mahila Congress on Sunday staged a protest and showed black flags to Delhi Chief Minister and AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal when he was leaving the venue after releasing party's trade manifesto for the upcoming Assembly elections.
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party` national convener Arvind Kejriwal will be visiting Ludhiana on Sunday to release the party`s trade and industry manifesto for Punjab.
Senior Congress leader Partap Singh Bajwa has said the Punjab leadership of the party will be meeting at Captain Amarinder Singh`s residence today to chalk out vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s schedule for his visit next month.
Aam Aadmi Party national convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will release party's trade and industry manifesto on October 23 in Ludhiana during his visit to the state.
BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday appointed Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar as the Punjab election in-charge and Captain Abhimanyu, a minister in Haryana government, as co-incharge.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday approved the appointment of new office-bearers in the party`s state unit in poll-bound Punjab.
A court on Tuesday acquitted Maoist ideologue Kobad Ghandy of all charges in a six-year-old case accusing him of delivering two "anti-national" speeches at Punjabi University here.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh's three-day 'Kisan Bus Yatra' will be launched at the Congress Bhawan.
The Delhi High Court's orders notwithstanding, paddy stubble in farmlands across Punjab and Haryana are going up in smoke, triggering a pollution alarm in the national capital.
"The Pradesh Congress Committee has decided to burn the 'Chitta Ravan' in Ludhiana on October 18 when PM will visit the city," AICC secretary Harish Chaudhary told reporters here.
'Chitta' is a slang for drugs in Punjab.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) said that following in the footsteps of late Congress leader K Kamaraj, "Modi would distribute 500 traditional wooden charkhas to 500 women spinners".
It shows the "extreme frustration" of Amarinder and his dangerous moves and evil designs to capture power in the state, the SAD said.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, the founder of Awaaz-e-Punjab, had earlier said he would not float a political party, though he was "ready for an alliance for the betterment of Punjab".
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday announced special grants-in-aid of Rs 50 lakh each to war widows or other legal heirs of defence force personnel who died in the wars with China and Pakistan in 1962, 1965 and 1971.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today directed the DGP to immediately reach Ludhiana for an on the spot inquiry into a clash between Akalis Dal and Congress workers over a white coloured effigy of demon king Ravana which left at least 35 persons injured.
A 20-year-old Dalit youth, allegedly involved in illicit liquor trade, was tortured to death and his leg chopped off by rivals, drawing condemnation from the opposition Congress, which alleged the perpetrators had links to the ruling Akali Dal.
The family of a 20-year-old Dalit youth, who was brutally murdered in Punjab`s Mansa district, on Wednesday refused to cremate the body till his missing leg was found and his assailants arrested.
There were injury marks on the body of Sukhchain and his leg was also found chopped off, police said, adding efforts are being made to trace the lost limb.
A day after resigning from the Punjab assembly, former Shiromani Akali Dal leader Inderbir Singh Bolaria joined the Congress on Tuesday.
The effigy was spotted wrapped up in the Pakistan flag with Nawaz Sharif`s photo affixed on top.
In Punjab's Amritsar, Nawaz Sharif's effigy was spotted wrapped up in the Pakistan flag with the Pakistani premier's photo affixed on top.
The Punjab Congress on Sunday announced a mass contact programme in the agrarian state with particular emphasis on farmers. The state elects its new legislative assembly in early 2017.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu, wife of former Rajya Sabha MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, resigned from the BJP on Saturday.
The AAP has so far announced 61 candidates for the 117-member assembly.
The central government on Friday revoked its decision that led to the mass evacuation of villages in a 10-km belt along Punjab's border with Pakistan.
The union territory of Chandigarh was put on alert on Thursday following inputs from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) of a possible terrorist strike.
Schools in border areas of Punjab reopened on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday reviewed the preparedness for the inauguration of Punjab State War Heroes Memorial and Museum (PSWHMM) at Amritsar, which will be dedicated to the nation on October 23.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday deferred proceedings in the rape case trial against Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh till October 6.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- Red wine- the new medicine for hormonal imbalance in women
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized
- India made history by lifting Kabaddi World Cup title for 3rd successive time, beat Iran 38-29 in Ahmedabad final
- 45-year-old male Tusker rescued after being stranded in Karnataka dam for over 50 days
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...