Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday sought the intervention of his Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar Chamling for immediate restoration of Maryada (Sikh religious code of conduct) in historical gurdwaras in the north eastern state.
A car on Wednesday caught fire here, however, no one was injured in the incident, Chandigarh Fire and Emergency Services official said.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday asked the Punjab government to furnish the details of the policy under which compensation and a government job to a family member of the victim of the recent Moga molestation incident were announced.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
Aimed at battling inflation and sub-standard quality of essential goods in the market, a group of enterprising villagers has opened a 'mall' here, selling a wide range of products at attractive discounts.
A 38-year-old married woman was allegedly drugged and raped by two persons after she took lift from one of the accused in Bhinder Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
Union Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot on Wednesday ruled out going back on the land bill but said the government was open to incorporating changes in it.
Punjab Education Department will now provide professional guidance to students from Class 10th to Class 12th and help them choose the right career according to their aptitude.
Heat wave conditions continued to sweep swathes of Punjab and Haryana giving no respite to people as the maximum temperatures on Tuesday again crossed few notches above normal at most places.
A 23-year-old teacher was allegedly molested by driver of a school van after taking the vehicle to an isolated area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The blistering heat wave continued to sweep across Haryana and Punjab on Monday, with Hisar sizzling at 44.8 degrees Celsius.
A video clip showing a drunk unidentified policeman being thrashed by a group of four youths has gone viral on the social media.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday slammed state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa for organising a 'padyatra' against the state government, stating that he should "apologise to the people for his party's sins".
A seven-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by two teenagers in Gurdaspur district following which one of them has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Construction work for Ram Temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya would start "soon" and be "completed during this tenure" of the present NDA government, controversial VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi said late Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
It was a trip down memory lane for US Ambassador Richard R. Verma, whose visit to his maternal grandmother's house in Punjab turned emotional on Thursday.
Haryana and Punjab were on Thursday swept by blistering heat, with temperature soaring past 44 degrees Celsius at Hisar.
In a major step, Delhi and its neighbouring states Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh on Thursday agreed to move towards uniformity in tax rates and develop a common market to boost trade.
The UK Foreign Office is looking into the mysterious disappearance of a British-Indian hotelier who went missing while on a business trip to Punjab.
US Ambassador to India Richard Rahul Verma Thursday paid an emotional visit to his maternal grandmother's house here and met the current owners residing in the building.
US ambassador Richard Verma offered prayers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Wednesday.
Top leaders of Punjab Congress will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, demanding central rule in the state over allegedly deteriorating law and order and a CBI probe against the present dispensation.
Punjab government on Tuesday said it has renamed Attari railway station in Amritsar as "Attari Sham Singh" railway station in a tribute to the great Sikh General.
Hot weather conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, even as maximum temperatures hovered around normal level at most places in both the states.
Aiming to develop Amritsar as a smart city, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday the 500 metre stretch of road from Chowk Phuwara to Golden Temple would be developed as "world's best street".
Several government employees, including some senior officers, were today found absent from duty during a surprise inspection of various offices here.
Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday issued notices to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal, his wife and Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and the CBI on a plea seeking CBI inquiry into the Moga molestation case.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015