Stating that the SAD-BJP coalition is on a verge of collapse, Congress today questioned Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's silence over repeated allegations on his government by Chief Parliamentary Secretary Navjot Kaur Sidhu and the counter-allegations against BJP leaders by Akalis.
Demanding resignation of Punjab BJP chief Kamal Sharma, Congress on Tuesday said Punjab's image is being tarnished globally due to allegations of drug trade against the leaders of ruling coalition and their associates in the state.
Punjab Congress on Tuesday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to immediately call an "emergency session" of the state Assembly and lead an all-party delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi over farmers' issue.
A mob torched a truck and clashed with police personnel after a labourer was crushed to death by the vehicle on Ludhiana-Chandigarh road here in the wee hours of Tuesday.
Ferozepur District BJP Yuva Morcha President Jagpal Singh Sandhu has been arrested for allegedly accepting graft to facilitate the release of a drug smuggler, police said on Monday.
In fresh trouble for the controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa, the state police has issued a summon for her, following a complaint lodged by a local resident Surinder Mittal, accusing her of trying to bribe him, threatening, torturing, seducing, hurting his religious sentiments and also for spreading obscenity and vulgarity.
Traffic on the Chandigarh-Shimla highway, which remained snapped for over 12 hours following massive landslides near here, has been restored partially, officials said on Sunday.
Stating that Punjab remains his priority Congress Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Amarinder Singh on Saturday cautioned people not to vote for "wrong people" in the next state election.
A 17-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by five youths in a car here in the district, police said on Saturday.
Amarinder Singh on Friday said that the 2017 Assembly elections may turn out to be a contest between the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party with the Akali Dal and BJP remaining on the "fringes" only.
Panjab University (PU) Chandigarh, which is among the leading educational institution in the country, has put the students of a particular course under confusion. The publicity department of the university made an error about results of particular programme, which put the students in quandary.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh along with his some party legislators today held a sit-in in front of the official residence of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on issues concerning farmers, especially sugarcane growers.
Security around the Punjab and Haryana High Court complex was on Wednesday placed on high alert following an anonymous letter which threatened that blasts would take place there on August 21.
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 1.25 lakh crore for poll-bound Bihar, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday said Punjab deserves the special economic package most in the country.
Over 45 pilgrims returning from the Hindu shrine of Vaishno Devi were rescued after the bus they were travelling in fell into an irrigation canal near Punjab's Madhopur town, police said on Monday.
In a faux pas, Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Singh Majitiha on Saturday unfurled the national flag which was upside down during an Independence Day function here and it was only corrected as the event was about the conclude.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review the "unending saga of discrimination and sheer injustice" allegedly meted out to Punjab by successive Governments at Centre after country's Independence.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help bail out the farmers of the state who have been facing hardship.
The body of missing SAD leader Jagjit Singh Bhaini has been found in the Bhakra Canal near Khanauri in Sangrur district, police said today.
The Punjab education department has proposed to restart evaluation of students in V and VIII class from the current academic year, state Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema said here.
Chandigarh, Aug 13 (IANS) The Punjab government on Thursday sought more Border Security Force (BSF) troopers along the state's 553-km long border with Pakistan.
A 16-year-old Dalit girl who immolated herself in Punjab died after succumbing to 70 percent burns at Chandigarh's Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Tuesday morning.
A teenage girl on Tuesday succumbed to the burn injuries here, a few days after she set herself afire alleging stalking and harassment by some youths.
A trial court here on Tuesday convicted two Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) terrorists but acquitted 14 others in the sensational Burail jailbreak case of January 2004.
An alert has been sounded to people living in areas along the Sutlej and Beas rivers in various districts of Punjab after the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) released water from the Bhakra and Pong dams on Monday.
Ninety children separated from their parents have been reunited by Punjab Government as part of its special campaign to unite missing children with their respective families.
Exhorting Prime Minister Narendra Modi to listen to Punjab's 'Mann Ki Baat', state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Friday demanded CBI investigation against senior BJP leaders who were allegedly 'involved' in drug smuggling.
Light to moderate rains occurred in various parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday, providing relief to people from hot and humid weather conditions.
Senior Congress leader and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday alleged it was not only the BJP ministers who were feeling "suffocated" in the current government, but even most of the Akali ministers as well, since power had been "concentrated" within the Badal family.
The Punjab government on Wednesday ordered the transfer of 31 senior police officers, a move being seen as a fallout of the July 27 terror attack by Pakistani terrorists on Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district.
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Mikhail Bora claims to have evidence related to Sheena Bora murder case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder-Part 2
- Sheena Bora murder: Bewildering events of Indrani Mukherjea's life!
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani
- Who was the fourth man in Indrani Mukerjea's life?
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Usain Bolt vs Justin Gatlin 200m: All you want to know about the much-anticipated battle
- Losing weight as easy as drinking a glass of water!
- PayPal fixes security flaw that allowed hackers to steal your money!
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- You may have aphantasia if you can't recall the faces of your loved ones
- Afraid of India? Pakistan may have world's 'third biggest nuke arsenal in a decade'