Union Minister Maneka Gandhi on Monday said that Narendra Modi-led government at the Centre has taken several steps for the upliftment of Dalits, farmers, labourers and downtrodden people by launching various development schemes for them in the last one year of its rule.
The opposition Congress in Punjab on Monday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged snooping on political leaders and others by the state government and its agencies, especially Punjab Police.
The Punjab government on Monday announced transfer and posting orders of four IAS officers and nine PCS officers with immediate effect.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi should have announced the date of implementing the One Rank, One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen, rather than calling it a "vexed" issue, Congress leader Amarinder Singh said on Saturday.
The mercury continued to remain high in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, with temperatures two to six degrees above average. But rain and thundershowers are likely in the next 24 hours.
Heatwave continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab today with temperatures again crossing a few notches above normal but the MeT Department has predicted relief from Sunday evening with possibility of rain or thundershowers at few places in the region.
Punjab`s New and Renewable Energy Minister Bikram Singh Majithia on Saturday inaugurated a 2.10 MW solar power plant in a village near the India-Pakistan border.
With the arrest of seven women and a man from New Sodhi Nagar here, police on Saturday claimed to have busted a flesh trade racket.
Punjab Police on Saturday clarified that British hotelier of Indian origin Ranjit Singh Power has been murdered, but his body was yet to be recovered, rejecting initial reports that a body found in a Punjab forest was of the NRI.
The body of British hotelier of Indian origin Ranjit Singh Power, missing since May 8 while on a business trip to India, has been recovered in a Punjab forest, police said on Saturday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will preside over the celebrations to commemorate the 350th foundation day of Sri Anandpur Sahib town in Punjab on June 19, an official statement said on Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday issued notice to the state and the civic body of the Sikh holy city of Amritsar on a plea to initiate contempt proceedings against them for not taking any action against the illegal constructions around the Golden Temple.
Punjab Transport department today asked bus owners or drivers to carry original documents while plying in the state,otherwise vehicle will be impounded.
Five persons including two children of a family were killed while two sustained serious injuries when their car dashed against a roadside tree near Malout, police said here Friday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday constituted a high-level committee to ensure timely resolution of pending matters related to Sikh prisoners within the ambit of existing rules and regulations.
The Punjab government on Thursday constituted a task force to work on eradicating poverty in consonance with the initiatives being taken by the NITI Aayog, an official said here.
Actor-turned-BJP MP Kirron Kher on Thursday dismissed as "baseless" reports that most of her time was consumed in shooting for films and reality shows, asserting that she was very much available to the people of this Union Territory.
There is no respite in sight for the people of Haryana and Punjab as heat wave continues to sweep both the states.
A mutilated carcass of a calf was found close to the famous Durgiana temple here on Wednesday, police said.
In less than ten days, another undertrial on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in the modern jail here this afternoon.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday sought the intervention of his Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar Chamling for immediate restoration of Maryada (Sikh religious code of conduct) in historical gurdwaras in the north eastern state.
A car on Wednesday caught fire here, however, no one was injured in the incident, Chandigarh Fire and Emergency Services official said.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday asked the Punjab government to furnish the details of the policy under which compensation and a government job to a family member of the victim of the recent Moga molestation incident were announced.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
Aimed at battling inflation and sub-standard quality of essential goods in the market, a group of enterprising villagers has opened a 'mall' here, selling a wide range of products at attractive discounts.
A 38-year-old married woman was allegedly drugged and raped by two persons after she took lift from one of the accused in Bhinder Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
Union Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot on Wednesday ruled out going back on the land bill but said the government was open to incorporating changes in it.
Punjab Education Department will now provide professional guidance to students from Class 10th to Class 12th and help them choose the right career according to their aptitude.
Heat wave conditions continued to sweep swathes of Punjab and Haryana giving no respite to people as the maximum temperatures on Tuesday again crossed few notches above normal at most places.
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Three militants gunned down as Army foils infiltration bid
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Salman, Varun rock the stage in Dubai for AIBA 2015
- Five fabulous places in the world Indians can travel without visas
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- India to buy only 36 French Rafale fighter jets, no need for 126: Manohar Parrikar
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public