A 23-year-old teacher was allegedly molested by driver of a school van after taking the vehicle to an isolated area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The blistering heat wave continued to sweep across Haryana and Punjab on Monday, with Hisar sizzling at 44.8 degrees Celsius.
A video clip showing a drunk unidentified policeman being thrashed by a group of four youths has gone viral on the social media.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday slammed state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa for organising a 'padyatra' against the state government, stating that he should "apologise to the people for his party's sins".
A seven-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by two teenagers in Gurdaspur district following which one of them has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Construction work for Ram Temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya would start "soon" and be "completed during this tenure" of the present NDA government, controversial VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi said late Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
It was a trip down memory lane for US Ambassador Richard R. Verma, whose visit to his maternal grandmother's house in Punjab turned emotional on Thursday.
Haryana and Punjab were on Thursday swept by blistering heat, with temperature soaring past 44 degrees Celsius at Hisar.
In a major step, Delhi and its neighbouring states Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh on Thursday agreed to move towards uniformity in tax rates and develop a common market to boost trade.
The UK Foreign Office is looking into the mysterious disappearance of a British-Indian hotelier who went missing while on a business trip to Punjab.
US Ambassador to India Richard Rahul Verma Thursday paid an emotional visit to his maternal grandmother's house here and met the current owners residing in the building.
US ambassador Richard Verma offered prayers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Wednesday.
Top leaders of Punjab Congress will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, demanding central rule in the state over allegedly deteriorating law and order and a CBI probe against the present dispensation.
Punjab government on Tuesday said it has renamed Attari railway station in Amritsar as "Attari Sham Singh" railway station in a tribute to the great Sikh General.
Hot weather conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, even as maximum temperatures hovered around normal level at most places in both the states.
Aiming to develop Amritsar as a smart city, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday the 500 metre stretch of road from Chowk Phuwara to Golden Temple would be developed as "world's best street".
Several government employees, including some senior officers, were today found absent from duty during a surprise inspection of various offices here.
Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday issued notices to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal, his wife and Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and the CBI on a plea seeking CBI inquiry into the Moga molestation case.
Two undertrials on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide by hanging themselves inside the modern jail here.
Two teenage boys drowned while taking a bath in Jalalia river near here, police said Tuesday.
A man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing his six-month-old daughter by throwing her into a canal at Dunia Sandhu village here, police said.
Two youths were killed when the bike they were riding on collided head on with a car coming from opposite direction near Hakima village here, police said today.
Seven people, including a New Delhi-based Nigerian, were arrested while smuggling five kg of heroin, cash and foreign currency, police in Punjab`s Jalandhar said on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday gave its nod for the installation of a 70-feet high stainless steel 'Khanda', a double-edged sword regarded as a symbol for Sikhs, at Sri Anandpur Sahib on the 350th anniversary of the city's foundation.
A total 189 jawans, including 43 women, today took oath to serve the nation after the passing out parade during their convocation ceremony at the Hoshiarpur-based training centre of the Border Security Force near here.
Private bus operators in Punjab on Saturday went on a strike to protest against the "haste" shown by police in registering cases against drivers and conductors without proper investigation.
A massive fire broke out at a hosiery factory in Ludhiana on Friday night.
With another case of alleged harassment of two teenaged Dalit girls by staff of a private bus owned by a ruling Akali Dal leader in Punjab`s Muktsar district, the opposition Congress slammed the state government for the law and order breakdown and suggested that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should go to his "old age home".
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened