A Congress MP on Saturday opposed Punjab government's move of setting up AIIMS at Bathinda instead of Kapurthala and termed it as "discrimination against Doaba region."
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Saturday announced major organisational restructuring in its Punjab unit.
Partaking in 'Digital India' week, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday launched the state Portal ePMS (Electronic Projects Management System) to fast track infrastructural development.
Punjab government Thursday issued instructions to expedite the campaign to weed out obsolete record gathering dust in cupboards in the Civil Secretariat.
The Punjab government has directed all departments to upload information regarding applications they receive under Right to Information Act and their replies on their websites.
The Punjab Police on Tuesday used water cannons to disperse NSUI workers, who were protesting against the state government.
Punjab police on Tuesday claimed to have rescued five children following the arrest of a man who allegedly abducted them and forced them into begging.
Police have seized 53 illegal weapons, 17 fake firearms licenses besides several documents including duplicate NOCs for purchasing weapons and 17 fake stamps of District Magistrates of various districts in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
A 19-year-old Dalit boy was found hanging from a tree at Punjab's Khara village following which five persons, including two panchayat members, were booked for the alleged murder, police said on Monday.
A nursing student here kept the district police on their toes by concocting her own abduction just to "check their functioning".
A Youth Akali Dal leader allegedly committed suicide here following which police today booked seven persons, including two senior leaders of the ruling Akali Dal for abetment of suicide.
Ushering in a change in handling of work, Punjab government will switch over from manual style to the electronic mode with the implementation of 'E-Office' project in all state administration departments.
Hot weather conditions prevailed in most parts of Haryana and Punjab on Saturday, even as few areas in the states received rainfall.
A number of people on Saturday staged a protest demanding underpasses and flyovers on the National Highway 1, after a 7-year-old boy was allegedly hit by a vehicle on the highway.
A top BJP leader on Saturday said that the party, which is a major ally of ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) in Punjab, will strengthen its base in the state keeping in view the next Assembly polls slated for 2017.
A Zambian national, studying in a private university in Maheru village here, was arrested for allegedly possessing narcotics, police said on Saturday.
English school teachers in Punjab have flunked the English language test.
Punjab, which produces a major share of the country`s foodgrain, is all set to tap solar power in the agricultural fields in a big way, aiming to generate 1,000 MW, up from the current 225 MW, by 2017, a minister has said.
Expressing concern over poor language skills of English teachers of government schools, Punjab Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema on Thursday constituted a core group of experts to work out a long-term strategy to improve their English.
Punjab government on Thursday announced to raise compensation for families of debt-ridden farmers, who committed suicide, from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh.
One person was killed and two others were injured when a bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw at Samrala Chowk here today, police said.
Taking exception to statements by opposition parties on drug menace in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said that instead of "maligning" the state, parties should join hands to support the state government in "fighting the battle".
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to entertain a plea by a group of Punjab-based travel agents challenging the validity of the Punjab Travel Professionals` Regulation Act, 2012 and its rules, saying that the provisions were not "restrictive but regulatory" in nature.
Rains on Wednesday lashed few parts of Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures remaining far below normal level in most parts of both the states.
Punjab government will give incentives to the Medical Officers (MOs) opting for border area postings after appointment, Health Minister Surjit Kumar Jayani said here on Wednesday.
An undertrial allegedly managed to escape from custody after his court hearing here following which three police personnel were arrested for dereliction of duty, an official said on Tuesday.
The Punjab government on Tuesday said there is no shortage of urea for the ongoing crop season, asking farmers not to be worried as the state has arranged adequate quantity of the fertiliser to meet their demands.
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) activists on Tuesday staged dharna infront of Phagwara Superintendent of Police's office demanding immediate arrest of accused who had allegedly vandalised two statues of BR Ambedkar here in the last two and half months.
The Centre will "soon" start 26 de-addiction cum rehabilitation centres across Punjab to curb the menace of drug abuse, Union Minister Vijay Sampla said on Tuesday.
Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa today asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to inform people about the number of families of farmers he had visited since 2007 in the state who had committed suicide.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Top 10 news @7am
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown