Postmortem examinations were on Friday being conducted at the civil hospital here on the bodies of the three terrorists, who had stormed a police station in Gurdaspur and were gunned down by Punjab Police personnel during a day-long operation.
The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday arrested a Pakistani woman who was travelling in the Samjhauta Express without passport and visa.
Pakistan's intelligence agency, Inter-Services Intelligence, trained the terrorists who attacked Dinanagar town of Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday.
Recognizing the bravery of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who sacrificed his life in the Dinanagar terror attack, the Punjab government announced on Thursday that the officer's son would be appointed as a deputy superintendent of police.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday hit out at the Congress for not allowing a discussion in Parliament on the Gurdaspur terror attack issue.
Days after a terrorist attack in Dinanagar town stunned Punjab, a suspicious object was on Thursday found at a bus stop in Gurdaspur district.
Police have arrested four persons, including a woman and two young girls, from a house here for their alleged involvement in a sex trade racket.
Condemning the terror attack in Dina Nagar on Moday in which seven people died and three militants were eliminated, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed on Wednesday expressed the apprehension about the increase in terrorist activity from across the border.
In wake of the seven-day state mourning observed nation-wide in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, Punjab Government on Wednesday postponed its annual state-level function to mark the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh.
Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday suggested to the Centre to consider the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and their patrons across the border in the wake of the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will on Wednesday visit the families of the seven persons killed in the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur.
The five live bombs that were found on Amritsar-Pathankot railway tracks yesterday were made of unmarked RDX, Army sources said.
A 26-year-old woman died after she allegedly jumped from third floor of a hotel here, police said today.
The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.
The terrorists, who launched a terror strike in the Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday, had 'Made in China' grenades with them.
Satpal, Darshan Kumar and Nanak Chand are no ordinary people as they are the ones who saved scores of innocent lives in this Punjab town during a terror attack.
Preliminary probe into the terror strike in the district that left seven persons dead indicates that the three suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants had entered the country from Pakistan through Bamiyal village close to the International Border.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has called off his meeting with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, scheduled for July 29, in view of Monday's terror attack at Dina Nagar in the border district of Gurdaspur.
The global positioning system (GPS) sets recovered from the three terrorists killed here clearly indicates to a Pakistan link in Monday's terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town, sources said on Tuesday.
In wake of the terror attack in Punjab`s Dinanagar town on Monday which left seven people dead, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal called off his scheduled meeting later this week with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, an official said.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Yakub Memon hanged a day before his daughter turns 21
- Landmark judgement: 14-year-old rape survivor allowed to abort by Supreme Court
- Sonia must clarify why Congress didn't allow discussion on Gurdaspur attack, says Arun Jaitley
- Kissing more dangerous than smoking, can cause cancer
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Top 5 ways to celebrate Guru Purnima!
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram