A delegation of Akali Dal leaders, led by Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, put forth the demand before Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a meeting in his office.
Suspended Aam Aadmi Party MP Dharamvira Gandhi from Patiala said the name of the front will be announced in 10-15 days.
Chandigarh, a union territory, is the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
The Border Security Force has recovered four kg heroin along the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Amritsar sector, an official said on Sunday.
A 19-year-old Dalit girl was raped by a youth at Nihalsingh Wala in this district, police said today.
The Patiala police on Sunday arrested Gau Rakshak Dal chief Satish Kumar, a fortnight after he was booked for sodomy, rioting, extortion and other charges'.
TOI reported that a call from Pakistan was intercepted by the security agencies “suggesting movement of some suspects”.
Former Bharatiya Janata Party MP Navjot Singh Sidhu has reportedly failed to cut an ice with Aam Aadmi Party leadership over his demand of the party`s chief ministerial candidature in Punjab.
Punjab Governor V.P. Singh Badnore was on Thursday appointed the Administrator of the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
AAP's second list of 13 candidates for Punjab polls was released by party leaders Sanjay Singh and Bhagwant Mann.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, who was likely to join the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), has reportedly put his decision to join the party on hold, according to media reports.
The Holy Quran was sacrileged in a village in this district of Punjab for which police has arrested a close relative of the maulvi of the mosque where the incident occurred.
Earlier, media reports said that wrestler Dilip Singh Rana, popularly known as 'The Great Khali' has joined Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab.
The Punjab Police has arrested three people in connection with an attack on top RSS leader Brig. (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday urged the central government to thoroughly investigate funding received by the AAP and its leaders, alleging that radicals from Punjab had aligned themselves with the outfit.
RSS leader Jagdish Gagneja, who was severely injured after being shot at by some bike-borne assailants, is showing signs of improvement, doctors said on Wednesday.
Punjab is slowly becoming a hot bed for terrorists.
Punjab Police announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh and a police job to anyone providing information about the assailants of top Punjab RSS leader Brig. (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja, an official said on Tuesday.
Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Amarinder Singh on Tuesday said that "winnability" will be the sole criteria for selecting party candidates for the 2017 assembly elections.
A 28-year-old man was arrested after a country-made pistol was recovered from him at the Pathankot railway station, police said on Tuesday.
Satish Kumar had hit out at the PM saying that he doesn't mind if he is called a goon for saving the cow.
Criticizing the Punjab government over the issue of drug menace, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday claimed that ongoing police recruitment process has showed the "gravity" of drug abuse and unemployment in the state.
The boy met this girl after his first marriage with another woman was broken. And he seemed to be very happy to meet her.
A special investigation team (SIT) was set up to probe the attack on a senior Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) leader and former senior Army official in Punjab's Jalandhar city late on Saturday.
Local BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia said that three bullets hit senior RSS leader Brig (retd) Jagdish Gagneja.
Senior RSS leader Brig (retd) Jagdish Gagneja was on Saturday night shot at by some bike-borne persons at Jyoti Chowk area here, police said.
Controversial Punjab Police officer Salwinder Singh was on Thursday booked for allegedly sexually harassing five women personnel of the force, police said.
A CCTV camera captured the entire incident and the video went viral after it was uploaded on the social media.
Senior lawyers HS Poolkha and Himmat Singh Shergill figure in the AAP's first list. While Phoolka has been fielded from Dakha, Shergill will contest from SAS Nagar.
Senior lawyers HS Poolkha and Himmat Singh Shergill may find place in Aam Aadmi Party's first list of candidates for Punjab Assembly polls.
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun