Partaking in 'Digital India' week, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday launched the state Portal ePMS (Electronic Projects Management System) to fast track infrastructural development.
Punjab government Thursday issued instructions to expedite the campaign to weed out obsolete record gathering dust in cupboards in the Civil Secretariat.
The Punjab government has directed all departments to upload information regarding applications they receive under Right to Information Act and their replies on their websites.
The Punjab Police on Tuesday used water cannons to disperse NSUI workers, who were protesting against the state government.
Punjab police on Tuesday claimed to have rescued five children following the arrest of a man who allegedly abducted them and forced them into begging.
Police have seized 53 illegal weapons, 17 fake firearms licenses besides several documents including duplicate NOCs for purchasing weapons and 17 fake stamps of District Magistrates of various districts in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
A 19-year-old Dalit boy was found hanging from a tree at Punjab's Khara village following which five persons, including two panchayat members, were booked for the alleged murder, police said on Monday.
A nursing student here kept the district police on their toes by concocting her own abduction just to "check their functioning".
A Youth Akali Dal leader allegedly committed suicide here following which police today booked seven persons, including two senior leaders of the ruling Akali Dal for abetment of suicide.
Ushering in a change in handling of work, Punjab government will switch over from manual style to the electronic mode with the implementation of 'E-Office' project in all state administration departments.
Hot weather conditions prevailed in most parts of Haryana and Punjab on Saturday, even as few areas in the states received rainfall.
A number of people on Saturday staged a protest demanding underpasses and flyovers on the National Highway 1, after a 7-year-old boy was allegedly hit by a vehicle on the highway.
A top BJP leader on Saturday said that the party, which is a major ally of ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) in Punjab, will strengthen its base in the state keeping in view the next Assembly polls slated for 2017.
A Zambian national, studying in a private university in Maheru village here, was arrested for allegedly possessing narcotics, police said on Saturday.
English school teachers in Punjab have flunked the English language test.
Punjab, which produces a major share of the country`s foodgrain, is all set to tap solar power in the agricultural fields in a big way, aiming to generate 1,000 MW, up from the current 225 MW, by 2017, a minister has said.
Expressing concern over poor language skills of English teachers of government schools, Punjab Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema on Thursday constituted a core group of experts to work out a long-term strategy to improve their English.
Punjab government on Thursday announced to raise compensation for families of debt-ridden farmers, who committed suicide, from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh.
One person was killed and two others were injured when a bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw at Samrala Chowk here today, police said.
Taking exception to statements by opposition parties on drug menace in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said that instead of "maligning" the state, parties should join hands to support the state government in "fighting the battle".
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to entertain a plea by a group of Punjab-based travel agents challenging the validity of the Punjab Travel Professionals` Regulation Act, 2012 and its rules, saying that the provisions were not "restrictive but regulatory" in nature.
Rains on Wednesday lashed few parts of Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures remaining far below normal level in most parts of both the states.
Punjab government will give incentives to the Medical Officers (MOs) opting for border area postings after appointment, Health Minister Surjit Kumar Jayani said here on Wednesday.
An undertrial allegedly managed to escape from custody after his court hearing here following which three police personnel were arrested for dereliction of duty, an official said on Tuesday.
The Punjab government on Tuesday said there is no shortage of urea for the ongoing crop season, asking farmers not to be worried as the state has arranged adequate quantity of the fertiliser to meet their demands.
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) activists on Tuesday staged dharna infront of Phagwara Superintendent of Police's office demanding immediate arrest of accused who had allegedly vandalised two statues of BR Ambedkar here in the last two and half months.
The Centre will "soon" start 26 de-addiction cum rehabilitation centres across Punjab to curb the menace of drug abuse, Union Minister Vijay Sampla said on Tuesday.
Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa today asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to inform people about the number of families of farmers he had visited since 2007 in the state who had committed suicide.
A SpiceJet flight with 159 people on board suffered a tyre burst while it was taxiing for take-off at Amritsar airport on Sunday evening.
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Sunday said that it is a matter of pride for India that Yoga has been internationally recognized by more than 170 countries across the globe and is being celebrated in varied manner worldwide.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Lalit Modi claims Varun Gandhi offered to help settle matters with Sonia
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Jwala Gutta
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Amarnath yatra gets underway as first batch flagged-off
- Gear up for an amazing celestial show as Venus, Jupiter to converge!
- Top 5 reasons to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Modi govt politically dishonest, has no values: Govindacharya
- July 7 wedding: What will Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput wear on D-day?
- Indian Ocean cannot be backyard of India: China