A 15-year-old boy who sustained a bullet injury to his head while taking a selfie with his father's revolver, died on Sunday at a hospital in Ludhiana.
The untoward incident happened while the minor boy was taking selfie with a revolver at his home at Shiv Nagar here on Friday night.
Terror and grief gripped Ludhiana city of Punjab after a 26-year-old woman was first gangraped and then killed by her assaulters.
In another shocking incident, a 32-year-old farmer and his 60-year-old mother committed suicide in front of cops and bank officials in Barnala village of Punjab on Tuesday.
In another shocking incident in Barnala village of Punjab, a 32-year-old farmer and his 60-year-old mother had committed suicide in front of cops and bank officials on Tuesday.
BSF has apprehended a Pakistani national at border outpost in Tarn Taran district, Punjab.
Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal wants files related to the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib during the Operation Blue Star to be made public.
The Punjab Police on Sunday arrested another accused in connection with the Muktsar rape case, where a woman was dragged out of her officer, kidnapped and then raped last month. The incident was caught on a CCTV camera
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday assured to review the `bogus` cases against Punjab youth during during Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rule and promised to set up a Commission to review such cases and fix the responsibility of erring police officials.
The CCTV footage shows a young man forcibly dragging a 24-year-old woman out of her office in Muktsar district of Punjab.
The Ontario Court of Justice will on Saturday hear the torture charges levelled against Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Captain Amarinder Singh by a US-based human rights advocacy group "Sikhs for Justice" (SFJ).
An extremely shocking CCTV footage of a young woman who was forcibly abducted from her office in Punjab's Muktsar district by a man, who later raped her, has now come to fore.
Sikhs for Justice had lodged a complaint with the Canadian government against the election activities planned by Amarinder Singh.
Launching a scathing attack on AAP and Congress, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday alleged that both the parties are indulging into ugly politics for their narrow motives
Shiromani Akali Dal president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday asked the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) to file a caveat in the Supreme Court so that the committee could be heard before the court gives a judgment on the return of the Kohinoor diamond to India.
Kirpal Singh, the family has maintained, had inadvertently crossed into Pakistan and was arrested and charged with spying by Pakistani authorities.
Kirpal Singh, the Indian prisoner who died in a Pakistani's Kot Lakhpat Jail on April 11 under mysterious circumstances, was cremated in his hometown in Mustafabad on Wednesday
The shocking incident took place in Punjab’s Bhatinda district on Tuesday.
Indian doctors on Tuesday ruled out any foul play in the death of Indian prisoner Kirpal Singh, who died in Lahore's Kot Lakhpat Jail last week.
With Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi refraining from naming him as the chief ministerial candidate for the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections, Captain Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the decision is taken by the party high command, adding they will announce the name when they find it apt.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said that the drug problem in Punjab will be taken care after his party comes to power in the state as he visited Zirakpur today.
Punjab Congress Chief Amarinder Singh on Friday accused Arvind Kejriwal of lacking "long term vision" and alleged AAP national convener had become chief minister only after making "non-implementable" promises to the people of Delhi.
The Pathankot-Jalandhar express train was halted near Pathankot today after a suspicious bag was found onboard, sparking major security concerns.
A 16-year-old girl from the district was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a youth who took her to Ludhiana from where she was rescued, police said today.
The Jallianwala Bagh massacre took place on April 13, 1919 when a crowd of non-violent protesters, who had gathered in Jallianwala Bagh, were fired upon by troops of the British Indian Army.
Chandigarh; AAP today said that the ruling SAD's district-wise dharnas against the alleged role of the Delhi government in the demolition of a 'piau' at a gurdwara in the national capital was a "co
Cracking the whip, Congress on Monday expelled senior leader Jagmeet Singh Brar, a known detractor of its Punjab unit chief Amarinder Singh, from the party in the wake of his consistent statements against the interests of the organisation.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday said it will announce the names of its all candidates for the Punjab assembly election to be held in early next year by June end.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should "apologise to the people of Punjab" for his government's affidavit in the Supreme Court supporting Haryana's stand on Sutlej Yamuna Link Canal issue, state Congress chief Amarinder Singh said.
Border Security Force (BSF) personnel shot dead one alleged Pakistani intruder and seized nine packets of contraband in Bhairowal area near the Attari border near here early Sunday morning.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Value and importance of dreams
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: How to decide what do you want to become in life?
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: How to explore your potential?
- PM Modi's speech in Varanasi
- Obama mocks Donald Trump at his final White House Correspondents' dinner
- When will labourers' condition improve in India?
- PM Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in Ballia
- AgustaWestland chopper scam: When will CBI interrogate ministers?
- Real Estate Bill comes into force from May 1
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads to remote hill areas
- Voting for 5th phase of West Bengal Assembly poll ends: As it happened
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!
- Mumbai civic body workers have offered to pay my fine: Kanhaiya Kumar
- Uttarakhand fire: Rajnath speaks to Governor, assures all assistance
- People have said no to 'Mamata regime': CPI(M)
- Over 2.60 crore voters in Kerala