A video clip showing a drunk unidentified policeman being thrashed by a group of four youths has gone viral on the social media.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday slammed state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa for organising a 'padyatra' against the state government, stating that he should "apologise to the people for his party's sins".
A seven-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by two teenagers in Gurdaspur district following which one of them has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Construction work for Ram Temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya would start "soon" and be "completed during this tenure" of the present NDA government, controversial VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi said late Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
It was a trip down memory lane for US Ambassador Richard R. Verma, whose visit to his maternal grandmother's house in Punjab turned emotional on Thursday.
Haryana and Punjab were on Thursday swept by blistering heat, with temperature soaring past 44 degrees Celsius at Hisar.
In a major step, Delhi and its neighbouring states Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh on Thursday agreed to move towards uniformity in tax rates and develop a common market to boost trade.
The UK Foreign Office is looking into the mysterious disappearance of a British-Indian hotelier who went missing while on a business trip to Punjab.
US Ambassador to India Richard Rahul Verma Thursday paid an emotional visit to his maternal grandmother's house here and met the current owners residing in the building.
US ambassador Richard Verma offered prayers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Wednesday.
Top leaders of Punjab Congress will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, demanding central rule in the state over allegedly deteriorating law and order and a CBI probe against the present dispensation.
Punjab government on Tuesday said it has renamed Attari railway station in Amritsar as "Attari Sham Singh" railway station in a tribute to the great Sikh General.
Hot weather conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, even as maximum temperatures hovered around normal level at most places in both the states.
Aiming to develop Amritsar as a smart city, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday the 500 metre stretch of road from Chowk Phuwara to Golden Temple would be developed as "world's best street".
Several government employees, including some senior officers, were today found absent from duty during a surprise inspection of various offices here.
Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday issued notices to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal, his wife and Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and the CBI on a plea seeking CBI inquiry into the Moga molestation case.
Two undertrials on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide by hanging themselves inside the modern jail here.
Two teenage boys drowned while taking a bath in Jalalia river near here, police said Tuesday.
A man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing his six-month-old daughter by throwing her into a canal at Dunia Sandhu village here, police said.
Two youths were killed when the bike they were riding on collided head on with a car coming from opposite direction near Hakima village here, police said today.
Seven people, including a New Delhi-based Nigerian, were arrested while smuggling five kg of heroin, cash and foreign currency, police in Punjab`s Jalandhar said on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday gave its nod for the installation of a 70-feet high stainless steel 'Khanda', a double-edged sword regarded as a symbol for Sikhs, at Sri Anandpur Sahib on the 350th anniversary of the city's foundation.
A total 189 jawans, including 43 women, today took oath to serve the nation after the passing out parade during their convocation ceremony at the Hoshiarpur-based training centre of the Border Security Force near here.
Private bus operators in Punjab on Saturday went on a strike to protest against the "haste" shown by police in registering cases against drivers and conductors without proper investigation.
A massive fire broke out at a hosiery factory in Ludhiana on Friday night.
With another case of alleged harassment of two teenaged Dalit girls by staff of a private bus owned by a ruling Akali Dal leader in Punjab`s Muktsar district, the opposition Congress slammed the state government for the law and order breakdown and suggested that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should go to his "old age home".
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday reiterated that the Punjab government would raise with the Centre the issue of retrieving rare books and other artefacts taken by the Indian Army from Sikh Reference Library, Amritsar, during the Operation Blue Star.
Even as the blame-game over the death of a girl after being pushed from a moving bus, continues, at least two other cases of alleged harassment of girls, including one in a vehicle allegedly belonging to an Akali leader, have come to light.
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day