BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday suggested to the Centre to consider the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and their patrons across the border in the wake of the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will on Wednesday visit the families of the seven persons killed in the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur.
The five live bombs that were found on Amritsar-Pathankot railway tracks yesterday were made of unmarked RDX, Army sources said.
A 26-year-old woman died after she allegedly jumped from third floor of a hotel here, police said today.
The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.
The terrorists, who launched a terror strike in the Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday, had 'Made in China' grenades with them.
Satpal, Darshan Kumar and Nanak Chand are no ordinary people as they are the ones who saved scores of innocent lives in this Punjab town during a terror attack.
Preliminary probe into the terror strike in the district that left seven persons dead indicates that the three suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants had entered the country from Pakistan through Bamiyal village close to the International Border.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has called off his meeting with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, scheduled for July 29, in view of Monday's terror attack at Dina Nagar in the border district of Gurdaspur.
The global positioning system (GPS) sets recovered from the three terrorists killed here clearly indicates to a Pakistan link in Monday's terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town, sources said on Tuesday.
In wake of the terror attack in Punjab`s Dinanagar town on Monday which left seven people dead, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal called off his scheduled meeting later this week with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, an official said.
Baljit Singh, the police officer, who was on Monday killed in the gun-battle with terrorists in Gurdaspur district, was a son to a policeman who too was killed by militants during the height of militancy in Punjab in 1984.
Four time BJP MP from Gurdaspur Vinod Khanna on Monday termed the terrorist attack in his constituency as "shocking" and "unfortunate", saying the guilty will not be spared.
Politicians took to Twitter to condemn the terror attack in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district on Monday, expressing their sympathies for the victims and their families.
Ever since Narendra Modi assumed office as the Prime Minister of India, his foreign policy initiatives towards Pakistan have had a roller coast ride.
The alertness and bravery of a bus driver saved several lives as terrorists launched an attack here in Punjab on Monday.
In the wake of a terrorist attack in Gurdaspur district of Punjab on Monday, Gujarat police has been asked to be on alert especially the border district police as the state shares land border with Pakistan.
After nearly 12 hours, the Gurdaspur terror attack in Punjab's Dinanagar town came to an end on Monday evening as police killed all terrorists in counter-operation.
Mother India's sons have once again given the supreme sacrifice to restore her honour. All the terrorists who hijacked a car, drove down to this town in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district, opened fire at bus stand and then stormed a police station have been eliminated but they have left behind serious questions for the nation to ponder upon.
Six trains running on the Amritsar-Pathankot route have been cancelled after the police recovered bombs on the railway tracks following the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Congress parliamentarian from Ludhiana, Ravneet Singh Bittu, said on Monday that the terrorist attack in Punjab`s Gurdaspur district was an attempt to revive the Khalistan movement in the state and urged the Punjab and central governments to immediately take necessary steps to stop it.
If it was not for a last minute change of plan by Radcliffe, the entire Gurdaspur would have been a part of Pakistan when the line was drawn on land and on hearts of millions of Punjabis.
Former Punjab Police chief Julio F. Ribeiro said Monday's terror attack in Punjab are "not the normal terrorist strikes" seen in the early 1980s by Khalistani separatists.
Following are some of the terror-related incidents that have taken place in Punjab between 2001 and 2015. These do not include seizure of arms and ammunition during the period.
The Jammu and Kashmir police today rushed bullet proof vehicles to Punjab for its use following the terror attack in Gurdaspur district.
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Gurdaspur terror attack: No one taken hostage, confirms IG Border Zone
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Know what's making Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute thriller 'Ahlaya' a big hit
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment