State-run buses services were affected in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh following the all-India strike call given by various trade organizations on Wednesday.
Protesting against the drug menace in Punjab, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday claimed that the state has become a "drug haven" due to "connivance" of ruling SAD-BJP coalition.
Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today alleged that the BJP leaders are "equally involved" in drug trade in Punjab and reiterated its demand for a court-monitored CBI probe in the matter.
Security forces have seized four packets of heroin, estimated worth Rs 20 crore in international market, in Ferozepur sector along the International Border in the wee hours on Monday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh, along with some party legislators, today held a protest against the slapping of attempt to murder case on five party workers following a clash with police.
Congress on Saturday asserted the party was "fully united" and it would form government in Punjab after the Assembly polls due in 2017.
It has been over 40 years that she lost her brother in the Indo-Pak war but Jalandhar resident Amritpal Kaur has kept the festival alive by visiting his memorial in the district on Raksha Bandhan every year.
Stating that the SAD-BJP coalition is on a verge of collapse, Congress today questioned Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's silence over repeated allegations on his government by Chief Parliamentary Secretary Navjot Kaur Sidhu and the counter-allegations against BJP leaders by Akalis.
Demanding resignation of Punjab BJP chief Kamal Sharma, Congress on Tuesday said Punjab's image is being tarnished globally due to allegations of drug trade against the leaders of ruling coalition and their associates in the state.
Punjab Congress on Tuesday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to immediately call an "emergency session" of the state Assembly and lead an all-party delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi over farmers' issue.
A mob torched a truck and clashed with police personnel after a labourer was crushed to death by the vehicle on Ludhiana-Chandigarh road here in the wee hours of Tuesday.
Ferozepur District BJP Yuva Morcha President Jagpal Singh Sandhu has been arrested for allegedly accepting graft to facilitate the release of a drug smuggler, police said on Monday.
In fresh trouble for the controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa, the state police has issued a summon for her, following a complaint lodged by a local resident Surinder Mittal, accusing her of trying to bribe him, threatening, torturing, seducing, hurting his religious sentiments and also for spreading obscenity and vulgarity.
Traffic on the Chandigarh-Shimla highway, which remained snapped for over 12 hours following massive landslides near here, has been restored partially, officials said on Sunday.
Stating that Punjab remains his priority Congress Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Amarinder Singh on Saturday cautioned people not to vote for "wrong people" in the next state election.
A 17-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by five youths in a car here in the district, police said on Saturday.
Amarinder Singh on Friday said that the 2017 Assembly elections may turn out to be a contest between the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party with the Akali Dal and BJP remaining on the "fringes" only.
Panjab University (PU) Chandigarh, which is among the leading educational institution in the country, has put the students of a particular course under confusion. The publicity department of the university made an error about results of particular programme, which put the students in quandary.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh along with his some party legislators today held a sit-in in front of the official residence of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on issues concerning farmers, especially sugarcane growers.
Security around the Punjab and Haryana High Court complex was on Wednesday placed on high alert following an anonymous letter which threatened that blasts would take place there on August 21.
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 1.25 lakh crore for poll-bound Bihar, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday said Punjab deserves the special economic package most in the country.
Over 45 pilgrims returning from the Hindu shrine of Vaishno Devi were rescued after the bus they were travelling in fell into an irrigation canal near Punjab's Madhopur town, police said on Monday.
In a faux pas, Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Singh Majitiha on Saturday unfurled the national flag which was upside down during an Independence Day function here and it was only corrected as the event was about the conclude.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review the "unending saga of discrimination and sheer injustice" allegedly meted out to Punjab by successive Governments at Centre after country's Independence.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help bail out the farmers of the state who have been facing hardship.
The body of missing SAD leader Jagjit Singh Bhaini has been found in the Bhakra Canal near Khanauri in Sangrur district, police said today.
The Punjab education department has proposed to restart evaluation of students in V and VIII class from the current academic year, state Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema said here.
Chandigarh, Aug 13 (IANS) The Punjab government on Thursday sought more Border Security Force (BSF) troopers along the state's 553-km long border with Pakistan.
A 16-year-old Dalit girl who immolated herself in Punjab died after succumbing to 70 percent burns at Chandigarh's Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Tuesday morning.
A teenage girl on Tuesday succumbed to the burn injuries here, a few days after she set herself afire alleging stalking and harassment by some youths.
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- DNA: Manipur in boil, but where is the media!
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @12:00 pm
- LPG cylinders without subsidy now Rs. 25.50 less in Delhi
- Auto-taxi strike in Delhi on Wednesday against govt's new taxi services
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address Parivartan rally in Bhagalpur today
- Delhi: Auto, taxi unions go off roads on September 2
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- 10 trade unions observe nationwide strike
- Is the country really discriminating against Muslim population? - Part II
- Breaking: Watch the latest Bollywood news!
- Nitish Kumar responds to Narendra Modi's Parivartan rally
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Is Sheena Bora alive?
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- AAP MLA Pankaj Pushkar protests against Delhi Govt
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?
- Ind vs SL, 3rd Test: Ferocious Ishant Sharma enters 200-wicket club
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Viral video: Watch three-year-old attempting to break board for taekwondo belt
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Sidharth, Katrina's movie gets new title!