Vij walked out of the meeting after Fatehabad district police chief Sangeeta Kalia, an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer whom he ordered to "get out", refused to leave.
The Congress Party has also constituted a Campaign Committee with Ambika Soni as its chairperson with an eye on the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections.
With protesters and the media following him after his controversial remarks on leaving India, the security of Bollywood star Aamir Khan -- who is currently shooting for his upcoming film "Dangal" in the rural areas of Punjab's Ludhiana district -- has been beefed up by Punjab Police.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Wednesday rubbished the issue of Swiss bank notice to his wife.
Responding to Congress leader Amarinder Singh's remark that he would hold a bigger rally at Bathinda, Punjab deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday asked him to declare a date and time for the same instead of resorting to "false bravado" and "empty boasts".
Congress leader Amarinder Singh claimed that most of the people at 'Sadhbhavna' rally today were either imported from Haryana.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday said the 'Sarbat Khalsa' gathering was not anti-national but the leaders on the stage were.
Chugh alleged that the only thing Congress at present has in mind is that how they can wrest power in the state and make a comeback.
Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa pointed out that this was not the first time that father and son had "publicly differed".
Rubbishing the allegation, the Congress leadership dared Badal to book them for sedition if he had proof of their alleged link with anti-national elements.
Noted lawyer Phoolka had demanded that former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi be stripped of Bharat Ratna award as he had "justified" the killings in the over three-decade old riots.
The BSF also recovered one pistol and ammunition from the area.
Amarinder Singh said, “Badals are trying to hide their failure by putting blame on Sarbat Khalsa."
Badal said Congress leaders including its state chief recently shared the stage with groups, which have been demanding Khalistan, at a rally in Amritsar.
Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today hit out at Punjab Deputy Chief Minister's claim that they and other Sikh groups were responsible for disturbing the communal harmony, adding that the minister's "politically managed" move to pardon Dera Sacha chief has put the state on boil.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today underscored the need for joint efforts by state government and private entrepreneurs to bail out the farmers at this critical juncture, saying there is a need to ensure food security in the country.
Congress leaders rejected the CBI probe ordered by Punjab government, saying its terms of reference did not include the role of police whose action left two people dead.
The police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday lashed out at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
The Police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Sunday rejected the ruling SAD's charge that his party was masterminding 'Sarbat Khalsa' and accused it of trying to "deflect public attention" from desecration and killing of peaceful protesters in Punjab.
BJP today accused Congress of "destablising the state and the country" by leading support to 'Sarbat Khalsa' held at village Chabba three days ago where 'Khalistan' slogans were raised and a convict in former chief minister Beant Singh's assassination case was appointed as Jathedar of Akal Takht Sahib.
Radical Sikh leaders from in and around Amritsar in Punjab were arrested to prevent a religious showdown at the Golden Temple complex on Wednesday, police sources said.
Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday rejected the appointment of Jagtar Singh Hawara, the convict in Beant Singh assassination case, as jathedar of Akal Takht and other resolutions passed by a gathering of Sikhs, including hardliners, in Amritsar.
Hawara is the main accused in the assassination of then Punjab chief minister Beant Singh who was killed by a human bomb in Chandigarh on August 31, 1995.
Members of various Sikh organisations gathered on the outskirts of Amritsar Tuesday to take part in 'Sarbat Khalsa'.
The authority of Sikh institutions has been "denigrated" under the Akali Dal-led regime in Punjab, Congress alleged on Monday.
Torn pages from two religious books were found scattered by the roadside near Chander Nagar here on Monday, police said, even as a large contingent of personnel was deployed there as a precautionary step after similar cases recently sparked unrest in Punjab.
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Friday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's Punjab visit as nothing more than a "photo opportunity" to bolster his sagging image.
Rahul Gandhi Thursday met the families of the two youth killed in police firing during a protest against a sacrilege incident last month.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's ignorance of PM Modi's schemes
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Seventh anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks today
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF