Putting all speculation to rest, ousted Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member Sucha Singh Chottepur finally resigned from the party on Friday.
Amid rising tension between India and Pakistan, the BSF has suspended the Retreat ceremony at the Attari-Wagah border checkpost till October 2, officials said on Friday.
Punjab shares a 553-km border with Pakistan and it has six districts which lie close to International Border.
Air Force fighter jets carried out sorties over some parts of Punjab as a preventive measure.
Anxious villagers on Friday continued to move out of their villages in Punjab which shares the International Border (IB) with Pakistan as panic gripped the area regarding a possible strike by Islamabad in the wake of the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army across the Line of Control (LoC).
These developments of evacuations and troop movements are extremely important because of surgical strikes.
The search operation in Pathankot in the wake of inputs about suspicious movement of armed men in army fatigues in this border district of Punjab which had witnessed a terror attack on IAF base in January was called off on Wednesday after two days.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said the demand of war widows for allotment of land, as per government's policy, or compensation in lieu thereof would be met.
Security agencies carried out a night-long search operation in Pathankot district of Punjab to look for some armed men seen by local residents, police said on Wednesday.
A day after Awaaz-e-Punjab said it would look at a political tie-up to contest elections in Punjab, AAP said the Navjot Singh Sidhu-led front seemed to be "bargaining for the best deal", while Congress said it would welcome them if their agendas match.
The victim's family suspect the hand of drug addicts in the heinous incident.
Pointing out that the people in east and west Punjab (in India and Pakistan respectively) would be the worst sufferers, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday called upon the Pakistani leadership to refrain from pushing the two countries to war.
Chandigarh: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker was shot dead on Sunday by a local Akali Dal leader over a property dispute in Moga district of Punjab.
A protest has been launched by Sikh Talmel Committee and some Hindu organisations at Kapurthala chowk in Jalandhar after several torn pages of Guru Granth Sahib andBhagavad Gita were found in canal.
Heckled by BJP and Congress workers during his last visit to Punjab by train, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday chose to come by a plane but was again shown black flags by Congress women workers as his convoy came out of the airport here.
The Punjab Police on Thursday arrested Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader Paramjit Singh and his son, who assaulted a nurse at a hospital in Moga.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court today rejected the anticipatory bail application of former Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh, who was in the news during the January terror attack at Pathankot air base.
The altercation between the two sides broke out when Paramjeet Singh and his son Gurjeet Singh were asked to wait.
A case has been registered against Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) sarpanch Daljit Kaur`s husband and son for assaulting a nurse in Moga.
According to reports, the altercation between the two sides broke out when Paramjeet Singh and his son Gurjeet Singh were asked to wait at a hospital in Moga.
Senior Punjab RSS leader Brigadier (retd) Jagdish Gagneja, shot thrice by two men in Jalandhar last month, succumbed to his injuries at a Ludhiana hospital on Thursday, his family said.
It's a HEARTBREAKING video!
Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh leader Brigadier (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja was shot thrice in the abdomen from a close range by two young men in Jalandhar on August 6.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab and opposition Congress on Wednesday took a dig at Navjot Singh Sidhu for his decision of not floating a party to contest the Assembly polls, saying he has run away from the fight.
Punjab DGP (Law and Order) Hardip Singh Dhillon on Wednesday reviewed security situation in the border districts of Pathankot, Gurdaspur and Amritsar in the backdrop of the Uri terror attack.
Punjab's Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal on Wednesday slammed the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for ditching its responsibility towards people of Delhi.
Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party's move is seen as a ploy to attract votes ahead of the upcoming Assembly Elections in Punjab.
Punjab and Haryana, the grain bowl states of the country, received scanty monsoon rains this year for the second consecutive year, with deficit standing at 25 per cent each between June and September.
Panic gripped Pathankot town in Punjab after an unclaimed suitcase was spotted by some passersby close to the boundary of an army unit at Simbal Chowk here. After being informed, police swung into action and rushed the spot, and called a bomb disposal squad.
Seven students were killed and 15 others were left injured after a school bus fell into a canal near Amritsar on Tuesday afternoon.
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Nawaz Sharif calls cabinet meeting after India's surgical strikes
- Army chief, Defence Minister were monitoring surgical strikes in Pakistan
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- Liquor ban in Bihar is Illegal: Patna High Court
- DNA: Today in History, 29th September, 2016
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- Pakistan in shock after Indian Army's surgical strikes: Manohar Parrikar
- UK doctor examines Jayalalithaa, various rumours about her health condition go viral
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- US talks tough, objects to Pakistan's nuclear warfare threats against India
- China blocks tributary of Brahmaputra in Tibet to build dam amid rising India-Pakistan tension
- Uri Brigade Commander ''side-stepped'', not removed
- 'India may deploy N-capable Rafale jets on China, Pak borders'