A seven-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by two teenagers in Gurdaspur district following which one of them has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Construction work for Ram Temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya would start "soon" and be "completed during this tenure" of the present NDA government, controversial VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi said late Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
It was a trip down memory lane for US Ambassador Richard R. Verma, whose visit to his maternal grandmother's house in Punjab turned emotional on Thursday.
Haryana and Punjab were on Thursday swept by blistering heat, with temperature soaring past 44 degrees Celsius at Hisar.
In a major step, Delhi and its neighbouring states Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh on Thursday agreed to move towards uniformity in tax rates and develop a common market to boost trade.
The UK Foreign Office is looking into the mysterious disappearance of a British-Indian hotelier who went missing while on a business trip to Punjab.
US Ambassador to India Richard Rahul Verma Thursday paid an emotional visit to his maternal grandmother's house here and met the current owners residing in the building.
US ambassador Richard Verma offered prayers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Wednesday.
Top leaders of Punjab Congress will meet President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, demanding central rule in the state over allegedly deteriorating law and order and a CBI probe against the present dispensation.
Punjab government on Tuesday said it has renamed Attari railway station in Amritsar as "Attari Sham Singh" railway station in a tribute to the great Sikh General.
Hot weather conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana, even as maximum temperatures hovered around normal level at most places in both the states.
Aiming to develop Amritsar as a smart city, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday the 500 metre stretch of road from Chowk Phuwara to Golden Temple would be developed as "world's best street".
Several government employees, including some senior officers, were today found absent from duty during a surprise inspection of various offices here.
Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday issued notices to Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal, his wife and Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and the CBI on a plea seeking CBI inquiry into the Moga molestation case.
Two undertrials on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide by hanging themselves inside the modern jail here.
Two teenage boys drowned while taking a bath in Jalalia river near here, police said Tuesday.
A man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing his six-month-old daughter by throwing her into a canal at Dunia Sandhu village here, police said.
Two youths were killed when the bike they were riding on collided head on with a car coming from opposite direction near Hakima village here, police said today.
Seven people, including a New Delhi-based Nigerian, were arrested while smuggling five kg of heroin, cash and foreign currency, police in Punjab`s Jalandhar said on Saturday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday gave its nod for the installation of a 70-feet high stainless steel 'Khanda', a double-edged sword regarded as a symbol for Sikhs, at Sri Anandpur Sahib on the 350th anniversary of the city's foundation.
A total 189 jawans, including 43 women, today took oath to serve the nation after the passing out parade during their convocation ceremony at the Hoshiarpur-based training centre of the Border Security Force near here.
Private bus operators in Punjab on Saturday went on a strike to protest against the "haste" shown by police in registering cases against drivers and conductors without proper investigation.
A massive fire broke out at a hosiery factory in Ludhiana on Friday night.
With another case of alleged harassment of two teenaged Dalit girls by staff of a private bus owned by a ruling Akali Dal leader in Punjab`s Muktsar district, the opposition Congress slammed the state government for the law and order breakdown and suggested that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should go to his "old age home".
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday reiterated that the Punjab government would raise with the Centre the issue of retrieving rare books and other artefacts taken by the Indian Army from Sikh Reference Library, Amritsar, during the Operation Blue Star.
Even as the blame-game over the death of a girl after being pushed from a moving bus, continues, at least two other cases of alleged harassment of girls, including one in a vehicle allegedly belonging to an Akali leader, have come to light.
The Punjab government on Friday said that the Centre was making all efforts to locate the whereabouts 39 Indian youths who had been held hostage for nearly a year by the ISIS militants in Iraq.
Terming Youth Akali Dal (YAD) as the "backbone" of SAD, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday said that the party's youth wing should play a proactive role in weeding out various social maladies from the society.
Nearly a fortnight after a 13-year-old girl was harassed and thrown out of a bus in Moga, yet another shocking incident of alleged molestation of two teenage girls has been reported in the Muktsar district of Punjab on Friday.
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp