State-run buses services were affected in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh following the all-India strike call given by various trade organizations on Wednesday.
Protesting against the drug menace in Punjab, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday claimed that the state has become a "drug haven" due to "connivance" of ruling SAD-BJP coalition.
Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today alleged that the BJP leaders are "equally involved" in drug trade in Punjab and reiterated its demand for a court-monitored CBI probe in the matter.
Security forces have seized four packets of heroin, estimated worth Rs 20 crore in international market, in Ferozepur sector along the International Border in the wee hours on Monday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh, along with some party legislators, today held a protest against the slapping of attempt to murder case on five party workers following a clash with police.
Congress on Saturday asserted the party was "fully united" and it would form government in Punjab after the Assembly polls due in 2017.
It has been over 40 years that she lost her brother in the Indo-Pak war but Jalandhar resident Amritpal Kaur has kept the festival alive by visiting his memorial in the district on Raksha Bandhan every year.
Stating that the SAD-BJP coalition is on a verge of collapse, Congress today questioned Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's silence over repeated allegations on his government by Chief Parliamentary Secretary Navjot Kaur Sidhu and the counter-allegations against BJP leaders by Akalis.
Demanding resignation of Punjab BJP chief Kamal Sharma, Congress on Tuesday said Punjab's image is being tarnished globally due to allegations of drug trade against the leaders of ruling coalition and their associates in the state.
Punjab Congress on Tuesday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to immediately call an "emergency session" of the state Assembly and lead an all-party delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi over farmers' issue.
A mob torched a truck and clashed with police personnel after a labourer was crushed to death by the vehicle on Ludhiana-Chandigarh road here in the wee hours of Tuesday.
Ferozepur District BJP Yuva Morcha President Jagpal Singh Sandhu has been arrested for allegedly accepting graft to facilitate the release of a drug smuggler, police said on Monday.
In fresh trouble for the controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa, the state police has issued a summon for her, following a complaint lodged by a local resident Surinder Mittal, accusing her of trying to bribe him, threatening, torturing, seducing, hurting his religious sentiments and also for spreading obscenity and vulgarity.
Traffic on the Chandigarh-Shimla highway, which remained snapped for over 12 hours following massive landslides near here, has been restored partially, officials said on Sunday.
Stating that Punjab remains his priority Congress Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Amarinder Singh on Saturday cautioned people not to vote for "wrong people" in the next state election.
A 17-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by five youths in a car here in the district, police said on Saturday.
Amarinder Singh on Friday said that the 2017 Assembly elections may turn out to be a contest between the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party with the Akali Dal and BJP remaining on the "fringes" only.
Panjab University (PU) Chandigarh, which is among the leading educational institution in the country, has put the students of a particular course under confusion. The publicity department of the university made an error about results of particular programme, which put the students in quandary.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh along with his some party legislators today held a sit-in in front of the official residence of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here on issues concerning farmers, especially sugarcane growers.
Security around the Punjab and Haryana High Court complex was on Wednesday placed on high alert following an anonymous letter which threatened that blasts would take place there on August 21.
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 1.25 lakh crore for poll-bound Bihar, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday said Punjab deserves the special economic package most in the country.
Over 45 pilgrims returning from the Hindu shrine of Vaishno Devi were rescued after the bus they were travelling in fell into an irrigation canal near Punjab's Madhopur town, police said on Monday.
In a faux pas, Punjab Cabinet Minister Bikram Singh Majitiha on Saturday unfurled the national flag which was upside down during an Independence Day function here and it was only corrected as the event was about the conclude.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to review the "unending saga of discrimination and sheer injustice" allegedly meted out to Punjab by successive Governments at Centre after country's Independence.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday appealed to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to help bail out the farmers of the state who have been facing hardship.
The body of missing SAD leader Jagjit Singh Bhaini has been found in the Bhakra Canal near Khanauri in Sangrur district, police said today.
The Punjab education department has proposed to restart evaluation of students in V and VIII class from the current academic year, state Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema said here.
Chandigarh, Aug 13 (IANS) The Punjab government on Thursday sought more Border Security Force (BSF) troopers along the state's 553-km long border with Pakistan.
A 16-year-old Dalit girl who immolated herself in Punjab died after succumbing to 70 percent burns at Chandigarh's Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Tuesday morning.
A teenage girl on Tuesday succumbed to the burn injuries here, a few days after she set herself afire alleging stalking and harassment by some youths.
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Pravin Togadia warns against 'Population Jihad', says Muslims must be booked if they break two children norm
- US Open 2015: After MS Dhoni's helicopter shot, Roger Federer's new innovation grabbing headlines!
- Vaginal itching: What is it and 7 common causes
- Self-styled godman Asaram gets full body massage daily inside jail
- Isha Handa case: She planned her own suicide