At least 12 dreaded terrorists belonging to the 'Babbar Khalsa' militant outfit have who managed to enter Punjab to carry out terror attacks in the northern parts of India, intelligence agencies have warned on Thursday.
Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu on Wednesday received a setback from the Supreme Court.
Just about three months ahead of the assembly elections, the Punjab government on Tuesday announced the regularisation in service of over 30,000 temporary staff with immediate effect.
The influence of drugs, liquor, money and muscle-power by some political parties and leaders top the concerns expressed before the Election Commission (EC) by various quarters in the run-up to the Punjab Assembly elections.
"Sidhu has committed political suicide by leaving BJP and nothing is left in him," Sampla said and asked if he cannot "adjust in a democratic party" such as BJP, "how will he sustain in Congress in case he joins it".
AAP convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that his party will take every step to curb corruption in business and transport sectors if they form the government in Punjab.
With the drug menace becoming a huge issue in Punjab elections, the Election Commission today said a robust strategy will be prepared to prevent the use of money, drugs, and liquor in the assembly polls.
The war of words between Arvind Kejriwal and Amarinder Singh turned ugly on Twitter on Monday after the Delhi Chief Minister accused the Punjab Congress chief of using an Akali leader's "drug money" to fund his election campaign and the latter shot back, saying the AAP leader was "hallucinating" and challenged him to a debate.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Amarinder Singh today locked horns on social media after the AAP chief accused the Congress' Punjab CM hopeful of using "drug money" in his campaign.
Amarinder told reporters that the party had unanimously decided to stand by its earlier decision that all MLAs will resign en block in the event of the SC's decision going against Punjab.
Activists from Mahila Congress on Sunday staged a protest and showed black flags to Delhi Chief Minister and AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal when he was leaving the venue after releasing party's trade manifesto for the upcoming Assembly elections.
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party` national convener Arvind Kejriwal will be visiting Ludhiana on Sunday to release the party`s trade and industry manifesto for Punjab.
Senior Congress leader Partap Singh Bajwa has said the Punjab leadership of the party will be meeting at Captain Amarinder Singh`s residence today to chalk out vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s schedule for his visit next month.
Aam Aadmi Party national convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will release party's trade and industry manifesto on October 23 in Ludhiana during his visit to the state.
BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday appointed Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar as the Punjab election in-charge and Captain Abhimanyu, a minister in Haryana government, as co-incharge.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday approved the appointment of new office-bearers in the party`s state unit in poll-bound Punjab.
A court on Tuesday acquitted Maoist ideologue Kobad Ghandy of all charges in a six-year-old case accusing him of delivering two "anti-national" speeches at Punjabi University here.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh's three-day 'Kisan Bus Yatra' will be launched at the Congress Bhawan.
The Delhi High Court's orders notwithstanding, paddy stubble in farmlands across Punjab and Haryana are going up in smoke, triggering a pollution alarm in the national capital.
"The Pradesh Congress Committee has decided to burn the 'Chitta Ravan' in Ludhiana on October 18 when PM will visit the city," AICC secretary Harish Chaudhary told reporters here.
'Chitta' is a slang for drugs in Punjab.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) said that following in the footsteps of late Congress leader K Kamaraj, "Modi would distribute 500 traditional wooden charkhas to 500 women spinners".
It shows the "extreme frustration" of Amarinder and his dangerous moves and evil designs to capture power in the state, the SAD said.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, the founder of Awaaz-e-Punjab, had earlier said he would not float a political party, though he was "ready for an alliance for the betterment of Punjab".
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday announced special grants-in-aid of Rs 50 lakh each to war widows or other legal heirs of defence force personnel who died in the wars with China and Pakistan in 1962, 1965 and 1971.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today directed the DGP to immediately reach Ludhiana for an on the spot inquiry into a clash between Akalis Dal and Congress workers over a white coloured effigy of demon king Ravana which left at least 35 persons injured.
A 20-year-old Dalit youth, allegedly involved in illicit liquor trade, was tortured to death and his leg chopped off by rivals, drawing condemnation from the opposition Congress, which alleged the perpetrators had links to the ruling Akali Dal.
The family of a 20-year-old Dalit youth, who was brutally murdered in Punjab`s Mansa district, on Wednesday refused to cremate the body till his missing leg was found and his assailants arrested.
There were injury marks on the body of Sukhchain and his leg was also found chopped off, police said, adding efforts are being made to trace the lost limb.
A day after resigning from the Punjab assembly, former Shiromani Akali Dal leader Inderbir Singh Bolaria joined the Congress on Tuesday.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest