Rains lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana for the second consecutive day on Sunday, a MeT department official said.
Rains on Saturday lashed parts of Punjab and some places of neighbouring Haryana providing relief to the people from sultry weather conditions that had prevailed in the two states.
Postmortem examinations were on Friday being conducted at the civil hospital here on the bodies of the three terrorists, who had stormed a police station in Gurdaspur and were gunned down by Punjab Police personnel during a day-long operation.
The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday arrested a Pakistani woman who was travelling in the Samjhauta Express without passport and visa.
Pakistan's intelligence agency, Inter-Services Intelligence, trained the terrorists who attacked Dinanagar town of Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday.
Recognizing the bravery of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who sacrificed his life in the Dinanagar terror attack, the Punjab government announced on Thursday that the officer's son would be appointed as a deputy superintendent of police.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday hit out at the Congress for not allowing a discussion in Parliament on the Gurdaspur terror attack issue.
Days after a terrorist attack in Dinanagar town stunned Punjab, a suspicious object was on Thursday found at a bus stop in Gurdaspur district.
Police have arrested four persons, including a woman and two young girls, from a house here for their alleged involvement in a sex trade racket.
Condemning the terror attack in Dina Nagar on Moday in which seven people died and three militants were eliminated, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed on Wednesday expressed the apprehension about the increase in terrorist activity from across the border.
In wake of the seven-day state mourning observed nation-wide in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, Punjab Government on Wednesday postponed its annual state-level function to mark the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh.
Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday suggested to the Centre to consider the policy of hot pursuit of terrorists and their patrons across the border in the wake of the Gurdaspur terror attack.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will on Wednesday visit the families of the seven persons killed in the terrorist attack in Gurdaspur.
The five live bombs that were found on Amritsar-Pathankot railway tracks yesterday were made of unmarked RDX, Army sources said.
A 26-year-old woman died after she allegedly jumped from third floor of a hotel here, police said today.
The family of police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, on Tuesday refused to cremate him till the state government hands over appointment letters of SP rank to his son and post of tehsildar to his daughters.
The terrorists, who launched a terror strike in the Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday, had 'Made in China' grenades with them.
Satpal, Darshan Kumar and Nanak Chand are no ordinary people as they are the ones who saved scores of innocent lives in this Punjab town during a terror attack.
Preliminary probe into the terror strike in the district that left seven persons dead indicates that the three suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants had entered the country from Pakistan through Bamiyal village close to the International Border.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has called off his meeting with Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, scheduled for July 29, in view of Monday's terror attack at Dina Nagar in the border district of Gurdaspur.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'
- Tiger Memon, 1993 Mumbai blasts mastermind, was in love with a call girl