Prime Minister Narendra Modi will preside over the celebrations to commemorate the 350th foundation day of Sri Anandpur Sahib town in Punjab on June 19, an official statement said on Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday issued notice to the state and the civic body of the Sikh holy city of Amritsar on a plea to initiate contempt proceedings against them for not taking any action against the illegal constructions around the Golden Temple.
Punjab Transport department today asked bus owners or drivers to carry original documents while plying in the state,otherwise vehicle will be impounded.
Five persons including two children of a family were killed while two sustained serious injuries when their car dashed against a roadside tree near Malout, police said here Friday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday constituted a high-level committee to ensure timely resolution of pending matters related to Sikh prisoners within the ambit of existing rules and regulations.
The Punjab government on Thursday constituted a task force to work on eradicating poverty in consonance with the initiatives being taken by the NITI Aayog, an official said here.
Actor-turned-BJP MP Kirron Kher on Thursday dismissed as "baseless" reports that most of her time was consumed in shooting for films and reality shows, asserting that she was very much available to the people of this Union Territory.
There is no respite in sight for the people of Haryana and Punjab as heat wave continues to sweep both the states.
A mutilated carcass of a calf was found close to the famous Durgiana temple here on Wednesday, police said.
In less than ten days, another undertrial on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in the modern jail here this afternoon.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday sought the intervention of his Sikkim counterpart Pawan Kumar Chamling for immediate restoration of Maryada (Sikh religious code of conduct) in historical gurdwaras in the north eastern state.
A car on Wednesday caught fire here, however, no one was injured in the incident, Chandigarh Fire and Emergency Services official said.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday asked the Punjab government to furnish the details of the policy under which compensation and a government job to a family member of the victim of the recent Moga molestation incident were announced.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
Aimed at battling inflation and sub-standard quality of essential goods in the market, a group of enterprising villagers has opened a 'mall' here, selling a wide range of products at attractive discounts.
A 38-year-old married woman was allegedly drugged and raped by two persons after she took lift from one of the accused in Bhinder Kalan village, police said on Wednesday.
Union Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot on Wednesday ruled out going back on the land bill but said the government was open to incorporating changes in it.
Punjab Education Department will now provide professional guidance to students from Class 10th to Class 12th and help them choose the right career according to their aptitude.
Heat wave conditions continued to sweep swathes of Punjab and Haryana giving no respite to people as the maximum temperatures on Tuesday again crossed few notches above normal at most places.
A 23-year-old teacher was allegedly molested by driver of a school van after taking the vehicle to an isolated area near here, police said on Tuesday.
The blistering heat wave continued to sweep across Haryana and Punjab on Monday, with Hisar sizzling at 44.8 degrees Celsius.
A video clip showing a drunk unidentified policeman being thrashed by a group of four youths has gone viral on the social media.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday slammed state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa for organising a 'padyatra' against the state government, stating that he should "apologise to the people for his party's sins".
A seven-year-old boy was allegedly sodomised by two teenagers in Gurdaspur district following which one of them has been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Construction work for Ram Temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya would start "soon" and be "completed during this tenure" of the present NDA government, controversial VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi said late Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has made it mandatory for all government, public and private schools to admit only children with proper birth certificates.
It was a trip down memory lane for US Ambassador Richard R. Verma, whose visit to his maternal grandmother's house in Punjab turned emotional on Thursday.
Haryana and Punjab were on Thursday swept by blistering heat, with temperature soaring past 44 degrees Celsius at Hisar.
In a major step, Delhi and its neighbouring states Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh on Thursday agreed to move towards uniformity in tax rates and develop a common market to boost trade.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490