The fine was imposed by Additional Deputy Commissioner (General)-cum-Adjudicating Officer Rishi Pal Singh.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Dhruman Nimble said the house belonged to Raj Kumar Agnihotri who is a distributor of Samsung electronics and had a showroom here at Sunder Nagar locality.
A day after suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi announced his intention to float a 'Punjab-centric new front,' Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday asked him to resign as MP on 'moral grounds'.
Congress party has made a fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, saying the Grand Old Party's doors are always open for him.
A delegation of Akali Dal leaders, led by Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, put forth the demand before Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a meeting in his office.
Suspended Aam Aadmi Party MP Dharamvira Gandhi from Patiala said the name of the front will be announced in 10-15 days.
Chandigarh, a union territory, is the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
The Border Security Force has recovered four kg heroin along the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Amritsar sector, an official said on Sunday.
A 19-year-old Dalit girl was raped by a youth at Nihalsingh Wala in this district, police said today.
The Patiala police on Sunday arrested Gau Rakshak Dal chief Satish Kumar, a fortnight after he was booked for sodomy, rioting, extortion and other charges'.
TOI reported that a call from Pakistan was intercepted by the security agencies “suggesting movement of some suspects”.
Former Bharatiya Janata Party MP Navjot Singh Sidhu has reportedly failed to cut an ice with Aam Aadmi Party leadership over his demand of the party`s chief ministerial candidature in Punjab.
Punjab Governor V.P. Singh Badnore was on Thursday appointed the Administrator of the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
AAP's second list of 13 candidates for Punjab polls was released by party leaders Sanjay Singh and Bhagwant Mann.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, who was likely to join the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), has reportedly put his decision to join the party on hold, according to media reports.
The Holy Quran was sacrileged in a village in this district of Punjab for which police has arrested a close relative of the maulvi of the mosque where the incident occurred.
Earlier, media reports said that wrestler Dilip Singh Rana, popularly known as 'The Great Khali' has joined Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab.
The Punjab Police has arrested three people in connection with an attack on top RSS leader Brig. (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday urged the central government to thoroughly investigate funding received by the AAP and its leaders, alleging that radicals from Punjab had aligned themselves with the outfit.
RSS leader Jagdish Gagneja, who was severely injured after being shot at by some bike-borne assailants, is showing signs of improvement, doctors said on Wednesday.
Punjab is slowly becoming a hot bed for terrorists.
Punjab Police announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh and a police job to anyone providing information about the assailants of top Punjab RSS leader Brig. (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja, an official said on Tuesday.
Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Amarinder Singh on Tuesday said that "winnability" will be the sole criteria for selecting party candidates for the 2017 assembly elections.
A 28-year-old man was arrested after a country-made pistol was recovered from him at the Pathankot railway station, police said on Tuesday.
Satish Kumar had hit out at the PM saying that he doesn't mind if he is called a goon for saving the cow.
Criticizing the Punjab government over the issue of drug menace, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday claimed that ongoing police recruitment process has showed the "gravity" of drug abuse and unemployment in the state.
The boy met this girl after his first marriage with another woman was broken. And he seemed to be very happy to meet her.
A special investigation team (SIT) was set up to probe the attack on a senior Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) leader and former senior Army official in Punjab's Jalandhar city late on Saturday.
Local BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia said that three bullets hit senior RSS leader Brig (retd) Jagdish Gagneja.
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part IV
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part V
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- Snapdeal lines up Rs 200 cr marketing blitz for festive season
- Vodafone India, Idea Cellular in exploratory merger talks
- Chandigarh will always be integral part of Punjab: Parkash Singh Badal
- Rising Pune Supergiants partners with Australia's Deakin University for 2017 season
- Trip to Thailand is incomplete without visit to these islands!
- Telcos to be asked to implement Delhi-like action plan in city
- JNU rape case: Accused files plea for interim bail
- 'Global investments to help developers acquire new projects'
- Telangana, Maharashtra sign agreement on Godavari projects
- Assam: Efforts on to secure release of abducted son of BJP leader
- YuppTV bags broadcast rights for India vs West Indies T20Is in Florida
- STOP THIS SHAME! 8-year-old girl sleeping outside house, abducted, gangraped by neighbours in Delhi
- DISGUSTING! Man booked after objectionable post against Sakshi Malik, her religion on FB
- Eagerly waiting for Kareena, Saif's baby: Karisma Kapoor
- India's progress incomplete without infra expansion: PM Modi