A phone call in the wee hours on Wednesday about bombs allegedly planted at Ambala Cantt Railway station here sent security agencies into a tizzy, who later found it was a hoax.
Were temples and colleges on the radar of terrorists who struck Gurdaspur in Punjab on Monday last week?
Bodies of three terrorists, who had stormed a police station at Dinanagar here on July 27 and were gunned down during a day-long operation, were buried on Tuesday, police said.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday expressed profound grief and sorrow over the demise of senior Congress leader and former Punjab Minister Chaudhary Jagjit Singh, who passed away at Jalandhar today.
The Punjab unit president of Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Suraksha Samiti was shot dead allegedly by his security guard at his residence in Sirhind town of the district, police said on Tuesday.
Over 160 Indian fishermen, including three minors, who were released by Pakistan as a goodwill gesture over the weekend have crossed over to India.
Senior Congress leader and former Punjab minister Chaudhary Jagjit Singh died of a heart attack this morning at a hospital here.
A man has been sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for illegal possession of a narcotic drug.
Punjab Cabinet on Monday strongly condemned the terror attack at Dinanagar by three terrorists on July 27 and praised Punjab police, including four policemen who were killed, for their counter-insurgency efforts.
Rains lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana for the second consecutive day on Sunday, a MeT department official said.
Rains on Saturday lashed parts of Punjab and some places of neighbouring Haryana providing relief to the people from sultry weather conditions that had prevailed in the two states.
Postmortem examinations were on Friday being conducted at the civil hospital here on the bodies of the three terrorists, who had stormed a police station in Gurdaspur and were gunned down by Punjab Police personnel during a day-long operation.
The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday arrested a Pakistani woman who was travelling in the Samjhauta Express without passport and visa.
Pakistan's intelligence agency, Inter-Services Intelligence, trained the terrorists who attacked Dinanagar town of Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday.
Recognizing the bravery of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who sacrificed his life in the Dinanagar terror attack, the Punjab government announced on Thursday that the officer's son would be appointed as a deputy superintendent of police.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday hit out at the Congress for not allowing a discussion in Parliament on the Gurdaspur terror attack issue.
Days after a terrorist attack in Dinanagar town stunned Punjab, a suspicious object was on Thursday found at a bus stop in Gurdaspur district.
Police have arrested four persons, including a woman and two young girls, from a house here for their alleged involvement in a sex trade racket.
Condemning the terror attack in Dina Nagar on Moday in which seven people died and three militants were eliminated, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed on Wednesday expressed the apprehension about the increase in terrorist activity from across the border.
In wake of the seven-day state mourning observed nation-wide in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, Punjab Government on Wednesday postponed its annual state-level function to mark the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh.
Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
BSF Director General DK Pathak will visit border area of Punjab's Gurdaspur district along the International Border (IB) with Pakistan on Wednesday and review the security setup there in the wake of the terrorist attack there.
Lauding the police action in the Gurdaspur terror attack, Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today stressed the need to equip the state police with modern weaponry to deal with such situations.
The family of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who died in the terror attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab, on Tuesday demanded government jobs for his three children.
Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki on Tuesday expressed deepest condolence over the death of former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
The three terrorists, who struck at several places in Punjab's Gurdaspur yesterday, had plans to attack the civil lines area in the district headquarter town besides Dina Nagar police station, investigators said on Tuesday.
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- Government removes ban on all porn sites except child pornography
- Released Indian teacher Lakshmikant recollects ISIS experience
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- DNA: How this Mumbai family upholds its love for Sanskrit language!
- Somnath Bharti kicks up row with 'beautiful women' remark
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- Tariq Khosa admits 26/11 Mumbai attacks planned from Pak
- DNA: Green Corridor helps transport heart 20 km in just 18 mins
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Viral Video: When a 'Ghost' Got Killed, Almost!!!
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?
- England`s Eoin Morgan gets county rest ahead of Australia duty
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Indian envoy set to meet deaf-and-dumb woman Geeta in Karachi today
- India vs Sri Lanka: Can Virat Kohli's aggression lead to a Test series win after 22 years?
- Ex-FIA chief says 26/11 terror attacks were planned in Pak; India to raise issue at NSA meet