Congress leader Amarinder Singh claimed that most of the people at 'Sadhbhavna' rally today were either imported from Haryana.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday said the 'Sarbat Khalsa' gathering was not anti-national but the leaders on the stage were.
Chugh alleged that the only thing Congress at present has in mind is that how they can wrest power in the state and make a comeback.
Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa pointed out that this was not the first time that father and son had "publicly differed".
Rubbishing the allegation, the Congress leadership dared Badal to book them for sedition if he had proof of their alleged link with anti-national elements.
Noted lawyer Phoolka had demanded that former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi be stripped of Bharat Ratna award as he had "justified" the killings in the over three-decade old riots.
The BSF also recovered one pistol and ammunition from the area.
Amarinder Singh said, “Badals are trying to hide their failure by putting blame on Sarbat Khalsa."
Badal said Congress leaders including its state chief recently shared the stage with groups, which have been demanding Khalistan, at a rally in Amritsar.
Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today hit out at Punjab Deputy Chief Minister's claim that they and other Sikh groups were responsible for disturbing the communal harmony, adding that the minister's "politically managed" move to pardon Dera Sacha chief has put the state on boil.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today underscored the need for joint efforts by state government and private entrepreneurs to bail out the farmers at this critical juncture, saying there is a need to ensure food security in the country.
Congress leaders rejected the CBI probe ordered by Punjab government, saying its terms of reference did not include the role of police whose action left two people dead.
The police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Tuesday lashed out at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
The Police had allegedly opened fire on the people who were protesting against the sacrilege of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Sunday rejected the ruling SAD's charge that his party was masterminding 'Sarbat Khalsa' and accused it of trying to "deflect public attention" from desecration and killing of peaceful protesters in Punjab.
BJP today accused Congress of "destablising the state and the country" by leading support to 'Sarbat Khalsa' held at village Chabba three days ago where 'Khalistan' slogans were raised and a convict in former chief minister Beant Singh's assassination case was appointed as Jathedar of Akal Takht Sahib.
Radical Sikh leaders from in and around Amritsar in Punjab were arrested to prevent a religious showdown at the Golden Temple complex on Wednesday, police sources said.
Shiromani Akali Dal on Tuesday rejected the appointment of Jagtar Singh Hawara, the convict in Beant Singh assassination case, as jathedar of Akal Takht and other resolutions passed by a gathering of Sikhs, including hardliners, in Amritsar.
Hawara is the main accused in the assassination of then Punjab chief minister Beant Singh who was killed by a human bomb in Chandigarh on August 31, 1995.
Members of various Sikh organisations gathered on the outskirts of Amritsar Tuesday to take part in 'Sarbat Khalsa'.
The authority of Sikh institutions has been "denigrated" under the Akali Dal-led regime in Punjab, Congress alleged on Monday.
Torn pages from two religious books were found scattered by the roadside near Chander Nagar here on Monday, police said, even as a large contingent of personnel was deployed there as a precautionary step after similar cases recently sparked unrest in Punjab.
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Friday termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's Punjab visit as nothing more than a "photo opportunity" to bolster his sagging image.
Rahul Gandhi Thursday met the families of the two youth killed in police firing during a protest against a sacrilege incident last month.
Rahul Gandhi will meet farmers in Bathinda district during his two-day visit.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is expected to visit the families of the victims in Faridkot district on Thursday.
A major fire broke out at the first floor of the Amritsar Deputy Commissioner office here today, destroying key British era documents, police said.
A fresh incident of alleged sacrilege was reported in this district of Punjab on Wednesday.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- PM Modi vows for stronger defence cooperation with Malaysia
- ISIS recruiting youth in West Bengal over internet: Reports
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Bigg Boss: What does Aman Verma feel after elimination?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot with American boyfriend in Jan 2016?
- India vs SA, 3rd Test: Dry turner expected at Nagpur
- Do sex addicts really like watching porn?
- What's so special about Torana Gate inaugurated by PM Modi in Kuala Lumpur's 'Little India'?