Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said the demand of war widows for allotment of land, as per government's policy, or compensation in lieu thereof would be met.
Security agencies carried out a night-long search operation in Pathankot district of Punjab to look for some armed men seen by local residents, police said on Wednesday.
A day after Awaaz-e-Punjab said it would look at a political tie-up to contest elections in Punjab, AAP said the Navjot Singh Sidhu-led front seemed to be "bargaining for the best deal", while Congress said it would welcome them if their agendas match.
The victim's family suspect the hand of drug addicts in the heinous incident.
Pointing out that the people in east and west Punjab (in India and Pakistan respectively) would be the worst sufferers, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday called upon the Pakistani leadership to refrain from pushing the two countries to war.
Chandigarh: An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker was shot dead on Sunday by a local Akali Dal leader over a property dispute in Moga district of Punjab.
A protest has been launched by Sikh Talmel Committee and some Hindu organisations at Kapurthala chowk in Jalandhar after several torn pages of Guru Granth Sahib andBhagavad Gita were found in canal.
Heckled by BJP and Congress workers during his last visit to Punjab by train, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday chose to come by a plane but was again shown black flags by Congress women workers as his convoy came out of the airport here.
The Punjab Police on Thursday arrested Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) leader Paramjit Singh and his son, who assaulted a nurse at a hospital in Moga.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court today rejected the anticipatory bail application of former Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh, who was in the news during the January terror attack at Pathankot air base.
The altercation between the two sides broke out when Paramjeet Singh and his son Gurjeet Singh were asked to wait.
A case has been registered against Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) sarpanch Daljit Kaur`s husband and son for assaulting a nurse in Moga.
According to reports, the altercation between the two sides broke out when Paramjeet Singh and his son Gurjeet Singh were asked to wait at a hospital in Moga.
Senior Punjab RSS leader Brigadier (retd) Jagdish Gagneja, shot thrice by two men in Jalandhar last month, succumbed to his injuries at a Ludhiana hospital on Thursday, his family said.
It's a HEARTBREAKING video!
Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh leader Brigadier (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja was shot thrice in the abdomen from a close range by two young men in Jalandhar on August 6.
The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal in Punjab and opposition Congress on Wednesday took a dig at Navjot Singh Sidhu for his decision of not floating a party to contest the Assembly polls, saying he has run away from the fight.
Punjab DGP (Law and Order) Hardip Singh Dhillon on Wednesday reviewed security situation in the border districts of Pathankot, Gurdaspur and Amritsar in the backdrop of the Uri terror attack.
Punjab's Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal on Wednesday slammed the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for ditching its responsibility towards people of Delhi.
Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party's move is seen as a ploy to attract votes ahead of the upcoming Assembly Elections in Punjab.
Punjab and Haryana, the grain bowl states of the country, received scanty monsoon rains this year for the second consecutive year, with deficit standing at 25 per cent each between June and September.
Panic gripped Pathankot town in Punjab after an unclaimed suitcase was spotted by some passersby close to the boundary of an army unit at Simbal Chowk here. After being informed, police swung into action and rushed the spot, and called a bomb disposal squad.
Seven students were killed and 15 others were left injured after a school bus fell into a canal near Amritsar on Tuesday afternoon.
The bus belongs to DAV Public School and the deceased students were in the age group of 10 and 15 years.
The Punjabi version of the official website of Prime Minister Narendra Modi was launched on Monday, an official statement said.
Tight vigil is being maintained near key installations including the Pathankot Airforce base, that had come under attack by militants earlier this year.
The Congress leader's reaction came after the four-day Punjab Assembly session ended on a bitter note recently.
Two factions of Punjab Congress came to blows over fixing a party poster ahead of a conference of the party's women wing here.
Terming the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party as "anti-Punjab", Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said even the shadow of these parties was bad for the state.
Punjab could not avail funds amounting to Rs 719.50 crore due to delay in submission of utilisation certificates to the Centre, according to a latest CAG report.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Pakistan media praises Sushma Swaraj's speech in UNGA
- DNA: Today in History, 27th September, 2016
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes
- 'Pakistan can’t take Narendra Modi’s restraint for granted for long'