Aam Aadmi Party national convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will release party's trade and industry manifesto on October 23 in Ludhiana during his visit to the state.
BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday appointed Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar as the Punjab election in-charge and Captain Abhimanyu, a minister in Haryana government, as co-incharge.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday approved the appointment of new office-bearers in the party`s state unit in poll-bound Punjab.
A court on Tuesday acquitted Maoist ideologue Kobad Ghandy of all charges in a six-year-old case accusing him of delivering two "anti-national" speeches at Punjabi University here.
Congress leader Amarinder Singh's three-day 'Kisan Bus Yatra' will be launched at the Congress Bhawan.
The Delhi High Court's orders notwithstanding, paddy stubble in farmlands across Punjab and Haryana are going up in smoke, triggering a pollution alarm in the national capital.
"The Pradesh Congress Committee has decided to burn the 'Chitta Ravan' in Ludhiana on October 18 when PM will visit the city," AICC secretary Harish Chaudhary told reporters here.
'Chitta' is a slang for drugs in Punjab.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) said that following in the footsteps of late Congress leader K Kamaraj, "Modi would distribute 500 traditional wooden charkhas to 500 women spinners".
It shows the "extreme frustration" of Amarinder and his dangerous moves and evil designs to capture power in the state, the SAD said.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, the founder of Awaaz-e-Punjab, had earlier said he would not float a political party, though he was "ready for an alliance for the betterment of Punjab".
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday announced special grants-in-aid of Rs 50 lakh each to war widows or other legal heirs of defence force personnel who died in the wars with China and Pakistan in 1962, 1965 and 1971.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today directed the DGP to immediately reach Ludhiana for an on the spot inquiry into a clash between Akalis Dal and Congress workers over a white coloured effigy of demon king Ravana which left at least 35 persons injured.
A 20-year-old Dalit youth, allegedly involved in illicit liquor trade, was tortured to death and his leg chopped off by rivals, drawing condemnation from the opposition Congress, which alleged the perpetrators had links to the ruling Akali Dal.
The family of a 20-year-old Dalit youth, who was brutally murdered in Punjab`s Mansa district, on Wednesday refused to cremate the body till his missing leg was found and his assailants arrested.
There were injury marks on the body of Sukhchain and his leg was also found chopped off, police said, adding efforts are being made to trace the lost limb.
A day after resigning from the Punjab assembly, former Shiromani Akali Dal leader Inderbir Singh Bolaria joined the Congress on Tuesday.
The effigy was spotted wrapped up in the Pakistan flag with Nawaz Sharif`s photo affixed on top.
In Punjab's Amritsar, Nawaz Sharif's effigy was spotted wrapped up in the Pakistan flag with the Pakistani premier's photo affixed on top.
The Punjab Congress on Sunday announced a mass contact programme in the agrarian state with particular emphasis on farmers. The state elects its new legislative assembly in early 2017.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu, wife of former Rajya Sabha MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, resigned from the BJP on Saturday.
The AAP has so far announced 61 candidates for the 117-member assembly.
The central government on Friday revoked its decision that led to the mass evacuation of villages in a 10-km belt along Punjab's border with Pakistan.
The union territory of Chandigarh was put on alert on Thursday following inputs from the Intelligence Bureau (IB) of a possible terrorist strike.
Schools in border areas of Punjab reopened on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday reviewed the preparedness for the inauguration of Punjab State War Heroes Memorial and Museum (PSWHMM) at Amritsar, which will be dedicated to the nation on October 23.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday deferred proceedings in the rape case trial against Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh till October 6.
At least three persons were injured when 10 coaches of the Jhelum Express passenger train derailed in Ludhiana district of Punjab, the state police said on Tuesday. Eleven trains were cancelled as the derailed coaches sprawled across both up and down tracks.
The Punjab Police have written to the Centre asking for additional 15 companies in wake of security alert due to the firing at Gurdaspur that took place on Monday.
Amidst growing tension between India and Pakistan along LoC, a Pakistani boat has been seized by BSF on Tuesday.
Heavy firing was reported from Pakistan's side at a BSF post along with the international border in Gurdaspur district of North Punjab. Here is what happened:-
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- China confirms deal for eight attack submarines with Pakistan; may be deployed in Arabian Sea
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Bodies of two Chinese engineers found in Pakistan
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe
- CBI files FIR into Embraer aircraft deal, NRI defence consultant Vipin Khanna named as main accused