The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the setting up of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Punjab's Bhatinda district, said an official statement.
Notwithstanding Navjot Singh Sidhu's criticism of the BJP leadership, a party MP from Punjab on Wednesday said he is still "very much in BJP".
At a time assaults on Dalits have turned into a political hot potato, the Aam Aadmi Party has decided to launch 'Dalit Manifestos' in poll-bound Punjab, Goa and Gujarat to "expose the anti-Dalit and Manuwadi" side of BJP.
A light machine gun (LMG) and large amount of ammunition stolen by a BSF trooper from Jammu and Kashmir was recovered in Punjab's Jalandhar city on Tuesday by security agencies, a senior Punjab Police officer said here.
Recently, the Arvind Kejriwal-led party had raised issues related to Dalit atrocities and is now planning to go ahead taking political mileage out of such incidents.
Congress leader Jairam Ramesh today rejected as "wild" the charge by Union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal that he "misbehaved" with her after Rajya Sabha had been adjourned for the day on Friday and said instead of her apologising she is seeking an apology.
In a major development in Quran desecration case, AAP MLA Naresh Yadav has been sent to two day police custody by Malerkotla court of Punjab.
Former Amritsar MP Navjot Singh Sidhu said no political party in the world is above Punjab.
All Congress legislators in Punjab will submit mass resignations in the event of the Supreme Court deciding the SYL (Sutlej-Yamuna Link) canal case against the state, Punjab Congress leader Amarinder Singh said on Sunday.
In a double whammy for AAP, two MLAs of Delhi's ruling party were on Sunday arrested, one for allegedly trying to mow a woman down and another in a sacrilege incident in Punjab.
The Punjab government will get dope testing done on around seven lakh youth who have applied for hundreds of posts of constables in the Punjab Police, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Sunday.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, who resigned from Rajya Sabha membership recently, is still in BJP and does not have any "personal grudge" against the party, Punjab BJP chief Vijay Sampla said on Sunday.
Sidhu is still in BJP and he has not resigned from the party, Punjab BJP said.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday alleged that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has "very close links" with radical organisations and also termed the recent incident of party MP Bhagwant Mann uploading Parliament's security set up on social media as a "very serious lapse".
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday alleged that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has "very close links" with radical organisations and also termed the recent incident of party MP Bhagwant Mann uploading Parliament`s security set up on social media as a "very serious lapse".
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
Fifteen-year-old girl Jhanvi Behal is all set to take on those who insulted Indian flag by hoisting Pakistani flag at Srinagar's Lal Chowk.
In a blistering attack on the Shiromani Akali Dal MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Congress leader Renuka Chowdhury asked the former to define what a habitual offender is?
The members of the Raj Singh Chauhan household were shocked to find a drunken woman stumbling on their porch and creating an ugly scene.
AAP MP Bhagwant Mann today appeared before Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan after being summoned following his controversial video on the high-security Parliament House complex.
In a major jolt to the BJP ahead of the Punjab Assembly Elections, Navjot Singh Sidhu had on Monday resigned from the Rajya Sabha and hit out at the party.
Bhagwant Mann has been accused of violating Parliament security rules by live streaming a video security pickets inside the Parliament House complex on Thursday.
Speculations are rife whether Navjot Singh Sidhu will join AAP.
Bomb scare hit the airport at Amritsar on Thursday morning after a suspicious bag was found on a SpiceJet flight.
The AAP on Wednesday continued to be evasive on when Navjot Singh Sidhu and his wife Navjot Kaur would join the party even as it clarified that no two family members can be office-bearers or contest polls at the same time.
Former Indian hockey captain and Jalandhar Cantonment MLA Pargat Singh, who has been suspended by the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), is reportedly mulling to join the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ahead of the Punjab Assembly Elections 2017.
Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Capt. Amarinder Singh has said former Amritsar MP Navjot Singh Sidhu was welcome to the Congress if he desired so."Congress` doors are open for everyone," he said.
There are still several unanswered over Navjot Singh Sidhu's resignation from Rajya Sabha and BJP.
Amid intense speculations over Navjot Singh Sidhu's next move, top sources on Wednesday claimed that the cricketer-turned-politician will campaign for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as its star campaigner but won't be the party's chief ministerial candidate in Punjab.
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from Srinagar
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Asia markets move cautiously ahead of bank meetings