Congress leader Jagmeet Brar on Saturday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of "insulting" the nation by not naming the new terminal at Chandigarh airport after freedom fighter Shaheed Bhagat Singh.
Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused it of indulging in "negative politics", saying 40 MPs were "conspiring" and "blocking" parliamentary process, thereby holding back India's development march.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday expressed regret over the inconvenience caused to people as his four-hour visit to Chandigarh led to the closure of schools and Chandigarh`s main cremation ground, besides causing traffic snarls that paralysed the city.
A one-day ban has been imposed on the sale of non-vegetarian items during Jain festival 'Samvatsari' on September 17 in the jurisdiction of Ludhiana Police Commissionerate.
In a perfect gesture of humanity, Sikhs from of a small village of Sarwapur, Punjab built a mosque for the Muslim residents.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new civil air terminal of Chandigarh airport on Friday.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal today said that five cases have been registered with regard to spurious pesticides used to control white-fly pest attack on cotton in the Malwa belt of the state.
To intensify their agitation for reservation, Akhil Bhartiya Jat Mahasabha (ABJM) would organise a national executive meeting in New Delhi on September 12 to decide its future course of action.
Sharing light moments in politics, Union Ministers Smriti Irani and Harsimrat Kaur Badal were recently seen dancing on Punjabi folk songs along with some college girls.
With the arrest of five persons here, police today claimed to have busted a dacoit gang while they were allegedly planning a loot.
A 48-year-old Assistant Sub Inspector of Punjab Police, died of cardiac attack while on duty.
At least a dozen protesters sustained injuries after police resorted to cane-charge to prevent agitating government employees from moving towards the house of UT Chandigarh Administrator and Governor of Punjab and Haryana for submitting charter of demands.
Congress leader Manish Tewari today expressed concern over the "fast spreading menace" of drug consumption in Punjab and sought a Supreme Court-monitored probe into the reports of drug money being laundered through real estate investments in the state.
A three-day old infant was recovered from the possession of a nurse who had allegedly kidnapped the baby boy today morning from a nursing home at Baba Than Singh chowk here, police said.
Border Security Force (BSF) troopers recovered six kg of heroin along the India-Pakistan border in the Amritsar sector, a BSF official said on Sunday.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has asked the top brass of state government to explore the feasibility of setting a state-of-the-art partition museum in the holy city Amritsar.
State-run buses services were affected in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh following the all-India strike call given by various trade organizations on Wednesday.
Protesting against the drug menace in Punjab, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday claimed that the state has become a "drug haven" due to "connivance" of ruling SAD-BJP coalition.
Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa today alleged that the BJP leaders are "equally involved" in drug trade in Punjab and reiterated its demand for a court-monitored CBI probe in the matter.
Security forces have seized four packets of heroin, estimated worth Rs 20 crore in international market, in Ferozepur sector along the International Border in the wee hours on Monday.
Senior Congress leader Amarinder Singh, along with some party legislators, today held a protest against the slapping of attempt to murder case on five party workers following a clash with police.
Congress on Saturday asserted the party was "fully united" and it would form government in Punjab after the Assembly polls due in 2017.
It has been over 40 years that she lost her brother in the Indo-Pak war but Jalandhar resident Amritpal Kaur has kept the festival alive by visiting his memorial in the district on Raksha Bandhan every year.
Stating that the SAD-BJP coalition is on a verge of collapse, Congress today questioned Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's silence over repeated allegations on his government by Chief Parliamentary Secretary Navjot Kaur Sidhu and the counter-allegations against BJP leaders by Akalis.
Demanding resignation of Punjab BJP chief Kamal Sharma, Congress on Tuesday said Punjab's image is being tarnished globally due to allegations of drug trade against the leaders of ruling coalition and their associates in the state.
Punjab Congress on Tuesday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to immediately call an "emergency session" of the state Assembly and lead an all-party delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi over farmers' issue.
A mob torched a truck and clashed with police personnel after a labourer was crushed to death by the vehicle on Ludhiana-Chandigarh road here in the wee hours of Tuesday.
Ferozepur District BJP Yuva Morcha President Jagpal Singh Sandhu has been arrested for allegedly accepting graft to facilitate the release of a drug smuggler, police said on Monday.
In fresh trouble for the controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa, the state police has issued a summon for her, following a complaint lodged by a local resident Surinder Mittal, accusing her of trying to bribe him, threatening, torturing, seducing, hurting his religious sentiments and also for spreading obscenity and vulgarity.
Traffic on the Chandigarh-Shimla highway, which remained snapped for over 12 hours following massive landslides near here, has been restored partially, officials said on Sunday.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Dadri lynching: BJP's Sangit Som accuses Akhilesh govt of politicizing issue
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Patidaar Community to protest during Rajkot cricket match on 18th October
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Hardik Patel showered with money while giving controversial statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Dadri lynching: Akhilesh Yadav meets victim Iqlakh's kin, announces 45 lakh ex-gratia
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Hindu community lives in constant fear in Pakistan: US lawmakers
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Pakistan arrests 100 Indian fishermen
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products