Left parties in Punjab today protested against "unresponsive attitude" of the Badal government towards their demands to increase old age and widow pension, minimum wage.
Seeking immediate implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP), ex-servicemen here today held a protest rally, disrupting traffic on the Chandigarh-Bathinda highway.
Two of the three youths charged of raping a girl in Dera Pathana village of the district were on Tuesday arrested by police, a day after her body was exhumed for post-mortem.
Ex servicemen will hold a protest march from Military Station at Bathinda here on July 8 demanding One Rank One Pension (OROP).
BJP leader Manoranjan Kalia today accused Congress of concealing the truth behind the "mysterious" death of Jan Sangh founder Syama Prasad Mookerjee.
The body of a 74-year-old man was allegedly found floating in a canal here, police said on Monday.
A Congress MP on Saturday opposed Punjab government's move of setting up AIIMS at Bathinda instead of Kapurthala and termed it as "discrimination against Doaba region."
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Saturday announced major organisational restructuring in its Punjab unit.
Partaking in 'Digital India' week, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday launched the state Portal ePMS (Electronic Projects Management System) to fast track infrastructural development.
Punjab government Thursday issued instructions to expedite the campaign to weed out obsolete record gathering dust in cupboards in the Civil Secretariat.
The Punjab government has directed all departments to upload information regarding applications they receive under Right to Information Act and their replies on their websites.
The Punjab Police on Tuesday used water cannons to disperse NSUI workers, who were protesting against the state government.
Punjab police on Tuesday claimed to have rescued five children following the arrest of a man who allegedly abducted them and forced them into begging.
Police have seized 53 illegal weapons, 17 fake firearms licenses besides several documents including duplicate NOCs for purchasing weapons and 17 fake stamps of District Magistrates of various districts in Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
A 19-year-old Dalit boy was found hanging from a tree at Punjab's Khara village following which five persons, including two panchayat members, were booked for the alleged murder, police said on Monday.
A nursing student here kept the district police on their toes by concocting her own abduction just to "check their functioning".
A Youth Akali Dal leader allegedly committed suicide here following which police today booked seven persons, including two senior leaders of the ruling Akali Dal for abetment of suicide.
Ushering in a change in handling of work, Punjab government will switch over from manual style to the electronic mode with the implementation of 'E-Office' project in all state administration departments.
Hot weather conditions prevailed in most parts of Haryana and Punjab on Saturday, even as few areas in the states received rainfall.
A number of people on Saturday staged a protest demanding underpasses and flyovers on the National Highway 1, after a 7-year-old boy was allegedly hit by a vehicle on the highway.
A top BJP leader on Saturday said that the party, which is a major ally of ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) in Punjab, will strengthen its base in the state keeping in view the next Assembly polls slated for 2017.
A Zambian national, studying in a private university in Maheru village here, was arrested for allegedly possessing narcotics, police said on Saturday.
English school teachers in Punjab have flunked the English language test.
Punjab, which produces a major share of the country`s foodgrain, is all set to tap solar power in the agricultural fields in a big way, aiming to generate 1,000 MW, up from the current 225 MW, by 2017, a minister has said.
Expressing concern over poor language skills of English teachers of government schools, Punjab Education Minister Daljit Singh Cheema on Thursday constituted a core group of experts to work out a long-term strategy to improve their English.
Punjab government on Thursday announced to raise compensation for families of debt-ridden farmers, who committed suicide, from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh.
One person was killed and two others were injured when a bus rammed into an auto-rickshaw at Samrala Chowk here today, police said.
Taking exception to statements by opposition parties on drug menace in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said that instead of "maligning" the state, parties should join hands to support the state government in "fighting the battle".
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to entertain a plea by a group of Punjab-based travel agents challenging the validity of the Punjab Travel Professionals` Regulation Act, 2012 and its rules, saying that the provisions were not "restrictive but regulatory" in nature.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Gurdaspur terror attack: No one taken hostage, confirms IG Border Zone
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India