A 17-year-old girl has alleged that a youth raped her for an year on the pretext of marriage in Tibber village here, police said on Friday.
Khalistani terrorist Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar, who is on death row, was shifted to the Amritsar Central Jail from Delhi`s Tihar Jail on Friday, a government official said.
A group of unidentified youths allegedly trespassed into a girls hostel of a mental hospital here and molested nursing students of the institution, police said on Friday.
Several Congress workers today gheraoed the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation office while protesting against its alleged poor functioning.
Amidst opposition, 1993 Delhi bomb blast convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar was on Friday shifted to a jail here from Delhi's Tihar jail.
At least 14 passengers died on Friday and 20 others were seriously injured, when the private bus in which they were travelling slid off the road and dashed against a tree near village Behram, police said.
Punjab Chief Minster Prakash Singh Badal on Wednesday said Sikh Gurus and saints in India gave a message of "secularism and socialism" by underlining that human beings belong to one race irrespective of various religions.
A farmer who had met Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Sirhind during his visit to Punjab last month has committed suicide.
BJP leader Parveen Manhans has been booked for allegedly damaging a religious hoarding on the eve of the 31st anniversary of Operation Bluestar here and posting objectionable content against a community on social media.
A woman in Rannia village of the district has lodged rape complaint against her husband and one of his friends, police said today.
A 25-year-old man climbed atop a water tank at Hasanpur area on Tuesday and threatened to commit suicide against the detention of 80-year-old Sikh activist Surat Singh Khalsa here.
Two persons, including a woman, were killed and another was injured when the motorcycle they were riding was allegedly hit by a mini-truck in the district, police said on Tuesday.
With the day temperature soaring past 40 degrees Celsius, ice blocks, desert coolers, and special sprinklers keep cool the animals at the Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park here, one of the largest in northern India.
Punjab will buy electricity worth Rs.4,000 crore for interrupted supply to farmers for eight hours a day during the ensuing kharif season where more than 28 lakh hectares would be cultivated, the authorities said on Monday.
The Punjab government on Monday said 75 per cent of rural population has access to public toilets in the state and it is moving ahead towards acquiring the "first open defecation-free state status in the country".
Blistering heat swept Haryana and Punjab on Monday with Hisar recording a maximum of 45.2 degrees Celsius in the region.
Unidentified persons allegedly uprooted an automated teller machine (ATM) of a nationalised bank located at Mahatma Gandhi memorial here, police said.
The Punjab government on Monday issued instructions to all state departments including ministers and senior officials to ensure austerity in public expenditure for the financial year 2015-2016.
Alleged Maoist activist Dinbandhu, who was living here in the district under a fake name Suraj, was arrested by Punjab police here on Sunday.
Twenty-six people were taken into preventive custody on Sunday during a protest demanding release of Sikh detainees lodged in various jails of the country who they claim have completed their sentences.
Now all 13,040 villages in Punjab are just a click of the mouse away.
Police today claimed to have busted a sex racket with the arrest of eight persons, including four women, from a hotel here.
Five youths were injured in a clash inside Golden Temple here on Saturday when people had gathered there to mark the 31st anniversary of Operation Bluestar.
Punjab Police have tightened security in Amritsar ahead of the anniversary of Operation Bluestar on Saturday.
Security forces in Amritsar and other areas of the state have been asked to remain on alert ahead of the 31st anniversary of Operation Bluestar on Saturday.
As the summer heat sweeps the plains of Punjab in scorching June, the Sikh religious town of Anandpur Sahib is all set to mark its 350th birthday with an all-white spread.
Congress on Thursday began the exercise of setting its house in order in Punjab with PCC chief Pratap Singh Bajwa meeting Rahul Gandhi and the latter agreeing to participate in a padyatra starting October 2 in the state.
Nearly nine days after it was spotted, caught and handed over to the local police, the police has now handed over the pigeon which was suspected to have flown from across the border from Pakistan to a bird lover here to take its care.
A 65-year-old ex-serviceman was shot dead here allegedly by his nephew on Moga-Dosanjh road in this district over a land dispute, police said Thursday.
The Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) and Punjab Police are working in tandem to ensure that Operation Bluestar anniversary on June 6 passes off peacefully.
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- 'Upset' Shashi Tharoor writes to Sonia Gandhi, says my 'sincere' services to party not appreciated
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan