Sacked as the Punjab unit chief over corruption charges, AAP leader Sucha Singh Chhotepur on Tuesday accused the party's Delhi leadership of selling tickets for the Punjab assembly polls to undeserving candidates for crores of rupees.
Assembly elections in Punjab are likely to be held in the last week of January or first week of February next year, state chief electoral officer V.K. Singh said here on Tuesday.
MLA retired Colonel Devinder Sehrawat on Sunday charged AAP leaders of asking sexual favours for party tickets in the 2017 Punjab assembly elections.
The AAP's political affairs committee on Sunday appointed satirist and actor Gurpreet Singh Ghuggi as its Punjab unit convener in place of Sucha Singh Chhotepur, who was removed recently from the post on corruption charges.
Punjab Congress Legislature Party leader Charanjit Singh Channi on Saturday exuded confidence that Congress will "comfortably" form the government in the state after coming together of the fourth front adding he will go on a cycle yatra from September 27 to reach out to the masses.
Ten persons were injured in a clash between AAP and Akali Dal supporters at a rally addressed by Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann here on Saturday, police said.
The complaint says that Bhagwant Mann asked mediapersons to leave a rally and after they had left, the MP allegedly used foul language against the media.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party on Friday said that former BJP parliamentarian Navjot Singh Sidhu's move of forming a political front in Punjab will have no effect on the party.
Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann on Thursday asked his party's volunteers not to read newspapers, alleging influence of money in publication of news.
Former BJP parliamentarian Navjot Singh Sidhu has formed the party with former hockey captain Pargat Singh and Bains brothers.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has seized eight kg heroin at the India-Pakistan border in Punjab's Abohar sector, an official said on Thursday.
It's final, the former Bharatiya Janata Party MP Navjot Singh Sidhu, is not joining Congress.
It seems day-by-day Punjab Assembly Elections are getting tougher for Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)!
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Punjab received a shot in the arm after family members of former SAD leader late Gurcharan Singh Tohra joined the party on Tuesday.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife has criticised Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh, thus ending speculation of him joining the grand old party.
The stand-off between Punjab's ruling Shiromani Akali Dal and new challenger AAP intensified on Sunday with Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal asking Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to investigate all international funding being received by AAP, especially from radical elements abroad.
Sucha Singh Chhotepur was sacked from the post of AAP`s Punjab convener following allegations of seeking bribe for allotting party tickets.
Chhotepur will now face a disciplinary committee of the party, comprising Delhi lawmaker Jarnail Singh and former Punjab bureaucrat and AAP leader Jasbir Singh Bir.
The AAP Political Affairs Committee is likely to meet at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s residence today to take a final call on Sucha Singh Chhotepur`s removal.
Sucha Singh Chhotepur had earlier dared the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leadership to make a video clip of him accepting money to prove that it was corruption.
With the Punjab Police having failed to nab the attackers of RSS leader Brigadier (retd) Jagdish Gagneja earlier this month, the state government, hinting at a foreign hand, asked the Central Bureau of Investigation to probe the attack.
With reports indicating that differences have cropped up within the AAP in poll-bound Punjab and convener Sucha Singh Chhotepur has been marginalised, the Congress jumped in his defence on Thursday, saying that "outsider" AAP leaders were trying to fix a "son of the soil".
The fine was imposed by Additional Deputy Commissioner (General)-cum-Adjudicating Officer Rishi Pal Singh.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Dhruman Nimble said the house belonged to Raj Kumar Agnihotri who is a distributor of Samsung electronics and had a showroom here at Sunder Nagar locality.
A day after suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi announced his intention to float a 'Punjab-centric new front,' Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday asked him to resign as MP on 'moral grounds'.
Congress party has made a fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, saying the Grand Old Party's doors are always open for him.
A delegation of Akali Dal leaders, led by Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, put forth the demand before Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a meeting in his office.
Suspended Aam Aadmi Party MP Dharamvira Gandhi from Patiala said the name of the front will be announced in 10-15 days.
Chandigarh, a union territory, is the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana.
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to grow further after achieving success
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- India vs England: Trouble brewing in Indian camp ahead of Mumbai Test
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`
- Ahead of 'Heart of Asia' conference, PM Narendra Modi visits Golden Temple, serves 'langar'