Exhorting Prime Minister Narendra Modi to listen to Punjab's 'Mann Ki Baat', state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Friday demanded CBI investigation against senior BJP leaders who were allegedly 'involved' in drug smuggling.
Light to moderate rains occurred in various parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday, providing relief to people from hot and humid weather conditions.
Senior Congress leader and former Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday alleged it was not only the BJP ministers who were feeling "suffocated" in the current government, but even most of the Akali ministers as well, since power had been "concentrated" within the Badal family.
The Punjab government on Wednesday ordered the transfer of 31 senior police officers, a move being seen as a fallout of the July 27 terror attack by Pakistani terrorists on Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district.
Punjab was well-equipped to take any Pakistan-sponsored terrorist activity head-on, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Wednesday.
A phone call in the wee hours on Wednesday about bombs allegedly planted at Ambala Cantt Railway station here sent security agencies into a tizzy, who later found it was a hoax.
Were temples and colleges on the radar of terrorists who struck Gurdaspur in Punjab on Monday last week?
Bodies of three terrorists, who had stormed a police station at Dinanagar here on July 27 and were gunned down during a day-long operation, were buried on Tuesday, police said.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday expressed profound grief and sorrow over the demise of senior Congress leader and former Punjab Minister Chaudhary Jagjit Singh, who passed away at Jalandhar today.
The Punjab unit president of Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Suraksha Samiti was shot dead allegedly by his security guard at his residence in Sirhind town of the district, police said on Tuesday.
Over 160 Indian fishermen, including three minors, who were released by Pakistan as a goodwill gesture over the weekend have crossed over to India.
Senior Congress leader and former Punjab minister Chaudhary Jagjit Singh died of a heart attack this morning at a hospital here.
A man has been sentenced to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for illegal possession of a narcotic drug.
Punjab Cabinet on Monday strongly condemned the terror attack at Dinanagar by three terrorists on July 27 and praised Punjab police, including four policemen who were killed, for their counter-insurgency efforts.
Rains lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana for the second consecutive day on Sunday, a MeT department official said.
Rains on Saturday lashed parts of Punjab and some places of neighbouring Haryana providing relief to the people from sultry weather conditions that had prevailed in the two states.
Postmortem examinations were on Friday being conducted at the civil hospital here on the bodies of the three terrorists, who had stormed a police station in Gurdaspur and were gunned down by Punjab Police personnel during a day-long operation.
The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Thursday arrested a Pakistani woman who was travelling in the Samjhauta Express without passport and visa.
Pakistan's intelligence agency, Inter-Services Intelligence, trained the terrorists who attacked Dinanagar town of Gurdaspur district in Punjab on Monday.
Recognizing the bravery of Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh, who sacrificed his life in the Dinanagar terror attack, the Punjab government announced on Thursday that the officer's son would be appointed as a deputy superintendent of police.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday hit out at the Congress for not allowing a discussion in Parliament on the Gurdaspur terror attack issue.
Days after a terrorist attack in Dinanagar town stunned Punjab, a suspicious object was on Thursday found at a bus stop in Gurdaspur district.
Police have arrested four persons, including a woman and two young girls, from a house here for their alleged involvement in a sex trade racket.
Condemning the terror attack in Dina Nagar on Moday in which seven people died and three militants were eliminated, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed on Wednesday expressed the apprehension about the increase in terrorist activity from across the border.
In wake of the seven-day state mourning observed nation-wide in honour of former President APJ Abdul Kalam, Punjab Government on Wednesday postponed its annual state-level function to mark the martyrdom day of Shaheed Udham Singh.
Punjab Police officer Baljit Singh, who was killed fighting terrorists in Dinanagar, was cremated with full state honours here on Wednesday, with people from all walks of life bidding him a tearful adieu.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national secretary Siddharth Nath Singh on Wednesday said that Pakistan must "walk the talk" on the issue of counter-terrorism, and maintained that investigation done so far with regard to the `heinous` Gurdaspur terror attack points towards Pakistan`s involvement.
Congress leader PC Chacko on Wednesday said that the Gurdaspur terror attack clearly highlights Pakistan`s evil intentions, and intentions of Pakistan, and added that the nation is one of its stiff challenges in countering it.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday met the family of police officer Baljit Singh who died fighting terrorists -- and also praised the Punjab Police.
The three heavily armed terrorists, who unleashed terror and killed several people in Punjab’s Gurdaspur on Monday, may have sneaked into India from Pakistan after crossing the Ravi river and had two more targets marked, the data obtained from their GPS devices has revealed.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- BJP's Kailash Vijayvargiya verbally attacks Aamir Khan
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis