Expressing `deepest sorrow and outrage` over the Moga bus tragedy, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday assured strictest punishment to the perpetrators of the incident.
The relatives of the girl, who got killed after being molested and shoved off a moving bus owned by Punjab's ruling Badal family, have refused to perform her last rites, two days after the incident, rejecting government compensation and demanding action against the owners of the vehicle.
Silent for nearly two days after a teenaged girl was killed after being thrown out of a bus owned by him, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday finally admitted that the bus service was run by his company.
Just two days after the tragic death of a teenage girl who was thrown out of a moving bus along with her mother for resisting molestation, a case of alleged gang-rape of a young woman was reported from the district on Friday.
Close on the heels of a teenage girl dying in Moga after being molested and thrown off a moving bus, a case of alleged gang-rape of a young woman has been reported from the district.
Three gangsters, who were planning to commit some heinous offences, were today arrested following a brief encounter with police here, a senior official said.
Expressing shock over the death of a teenage girl who was allegedly molested and thrown off a moving bus in Punjab, Delhi Commission for Women chairperson Barkha Shukla on Thursday urged the government to set up fast-track court to ensure speedy justice.
Bahujan Samajwadi Party ( BSP ) supremo Mayawati on Thursday asked the relevant higher authorities to probe the Moga molestation case as she feels the Punjab Government will not be able to investigate the case properly.
Opposition Congress on Thursday held a protest outside Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's residence here to highlight the farmers' issue.
All India Democratic Women's Association (AIDWA) general secretary Jagmati Sangwan on Thursday dubbed the Moga molestation case as 'painful' and said that action should not only be taken against the accused but also the passengers who sat as mute spectators while the incident took place.
With state roadways, private buses and taxis going off the road, thousands of passengers had to face harrowing time across Haryana on Thursday.
A woman and her teenaged daughter were allegedly molested and thrown off a running bus belonging to the ruling Badal family in Punjab, leaving the girl dead and mother seriously wounded, and kicking up a political storm.
Congress Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Amarinder Singh on Wednesday suggested Union minister and Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal to better pose her questions on farmers' plight to her father-in-law and Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal instead of criticising Rahul Gandhi for his visit to Punjab.
The body of a new born girl was recovered near Sarna canal here, police said on Wednesday.
Rail traffic in Punjab remained disrupted for the second consecutive day today as members of factions of Bharti Kisan Union (BKU) continued their protest at Mansa, Barnala and Amritsar by squatting on tracks protesting "tardy" wheat procurement and value cut imposed by the Centre.
Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday took his fight against the contentious land acquisition bill to Punjab as he travelled by train to the grain bowl of the NDA-ruled state and met farmers to see their condition "with my own eyes".
Congress leader Amarinder Singh on Monday lashed out at Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for raising the Sikh community issues for "personal interests."
Punjab government has set up a special control room at Punjab Civil Secretariat in Chandigarh for helping the people from state affected by earthquake in Nepal.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday received a group of nearly 35 pilgrims from Mansa and Amritsar districts, who returned from earthquake-hit Kathmandu at Punjab Bhawan here on Sunday night.
Leader of Opposition in Punjab assembly Sunil Kumar Jakhar on Sunday said Congress leaders will resolve their difference of opinion on certain issues and put up an "united fight" in the next assembly elections.
Pakistani authorities have so far failed to make any headway in the mysterious disappearance of a four-member Sikh family from India who went missing during their trip to the country to celebrate Baisakhi.
Haryana's BJP government on Sunday had an unlikely admirer in senior Congress leader Manish Tewari as he praised it for giving relief to rain-hit farmers but attacked the Punjab government for its alleged failure in "providing" relief to farmers.
Tremors were felt in Punjab, Haryana and in the capital city of Chandigarh following the 7.9 Richter Scale earthquake that hit Nepal on Saturday.
In a cruel and heart-wrenching incident, a three-and-a-half-year-old girl, Damul, was crushed to death by a car due to the driver's negligence outside their house in Kitchlu Nagar here.
Pakistani authorities are trying to trace an Indian family, including two minor children, which went missing in Pakistan earlier this month. The government of India has taken up the matter with Pakistan, Punjab Police sources said on Friday.
The first postal ATM in Punjab and Union Territory of Chandigarh was opened at General Post Office (GPO) here on Friday.
With officers and other ranks from India and Nepal in attendance, the First Gurkha Rifles (1/1 GR) on Friday marked its 200 years of military service here.
The convulsions in the AAP have split the party's leadership in Punjab, the only state outside of Delhi where it has made a mark in electoral politics.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday described the suicide by a farmer at an AAP rally in Delhi as "unfortunate and shocking".
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday directed all senior civil and administration officials to observe punctuality in office and resolve maximum public issues on the spot.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues!
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Bangladesh vs South Africa: Proteas start build-up to Twenty20 World Cup