Three persons were on Friday sentenced to 20 years imprisonment by a court here for raping a 20-year-old Japanese tourist on the Jaipur-Ajmer National Highway in February.
An Ola cab driver was arrested here on Friday for allegedly molesting a Finnish girl, Rajasthan Police said.
Body of a 19-year-old girl was found today on the railway tracks here after the teenager allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a moving train, police said.
The engine of a passenger train derailed at Jaipur junction on Thursday, but no one was injured in the incident.
An 82-year-old woman, who was on fast for over one month, publicly resumed her 'Santhara' on Monday after the Supreme Court stayed the Rajasthan High Court decision declaring the Jain religious ritual of voluntary fast unto death a penal offence.
Trade unions in Rajasthan have extended their support to the all India bandh called by central trade unions on September 2 on issues of inflation, labour laws, labour welfare and others.
Raksha Bandhan for the Bhil community, which has seen large-scale migration from Pakistan in the last few years, remains an affair of longing as brothers and sisters separated by the borders don't get to meet each other on the day.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Sambit Patra on Saturday questioned why there is a hue and cry in Congress circles with regard to the CBI probe of the Rajasthan ambulance scam if they had not committed any wrong.
Ten-year-old Mahesh had no hope of reuniting with his younger sister Mamta, who had gone missing five years back, but this Rakhi brought a pleasant surprise for him.
CBI on Friday took over the ambulance scam case and re-registered the case filed by Rajasthan Police against former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Congress leader Sachin Pilot and sons of two former union ministers.
A quack and his friends have been booked on the charges of allegedly raping a 50-year-old woman and blackmailing her by filming the act since last year, police said on Thursday.
Moving beyond conventions, brothers in Rajasthan are all set to gift "written vows and pledges" to their sisters this Rakhi.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Wednesday discussed various issues related to agriculture, Public distribution system (PDS), education and MNREGA with Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog Arvind Panagariya.
Congress on Wednesday exuded confidence over the results of students unions elections in universities and colleges of Rajasthan where polling took place today.
Several reforms will be introduced in Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) to improve its system quality in years to come, newly-appointed chairman of the commission Lalit K Panwar said.
Thousands of Jain community members on Monday took out a 'silent march' protesting the Rajasthan High Court judgement banning the practise of "Santhara", a Jain religious ritual of voluntary fast unto death.
Hurt with the recent Rajasthan High Court ruling equating banned 'Santhara' - a centuries-old religious belief of Jains – with suicide, the members of Jain community will on Monday take out a peace rally in the city.
Furniture and files were on Sunday gutted in a fire broke that broke out in the Sahakar Bhawan building housing 23 state departments here, police said.
A youth allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a running train near Kanota Railway station, near here, police said on Sunday.
Ahead of the global conference on climate change in Paris, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday made a strong pitch for "concrete and effective" outcome to meet the challenge even as he batted for reform of the UN Security Council to "mirror" current realities.
Security across Jaipur has been tightened ahead of the 2nd Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) Summit on Friday which will witness participation by heads of state and government officials from 14 resource-rich nations.
Buoyed by the victory in civic polls in Rajasthan, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday said people of the state have endorsed her regime's good governance by voting for the party in civic elections.
BJP president Amit Shah on Thursday congratulated party workers, office-bearers and Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for the party's victory in the civic body polls in Rajasthan which, he said, has "shown the mirror of truth to Congress".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah on Thursday congratulated party workers and leaders on the BJP`s commendable performance in the Rajasthan civic polls.
Claiming victory in civic polls in Rajasthan and pointing to the party's triumph in a similar exercise in Madhya Pradesh, BJP on Thursday said that people have rejected the "campaign of calumny" unleashed against it by Congress.
Rajasthan Congress chief Sachin Pilot on Thursday said the Bharatiya Janata Party is losing support base in the western state.
Ruling BJP party on Thursday won majority in 66 civic bodies including the Ajmer Municipal Corporation, while the Congress bagged 35 of them in the Rajasthan civic body polls, results for which were announced today.
The results of the 129 civic bodies' polls, to be announced on Thursday, will be a political test for the Vasundhara Raje government which has been embroiled in Lalit Modi controversy over the past few months.
One of the witnesses in the 2007 Ajmer dargah blasts case on Tuesday turned hostile in a Jaipur court.
Monsoon trough was today weakened over Rajasthan except for eastern part of the state covering Kota Division where Shahbabad received 19 cms of rainfall till morning, a Met report said here today.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- Top 25 news @10am
- Top 10 news @7am
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- S Sreesanth praises Virat Kohli for backing 'suspended' Ishant Sharma
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- PM Narendra Modi gives 'Buddha mantra' for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Syrian boy, 3, lying dead on Turkish beach: A picture that moved the world!
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- 'Porn star' Sunny Leone's vulgar condom advt is no art: Atul Anjan
- Watch: Do high-class escorts fall under the 'sex worker' category?