More than 700 NDRF personnel, 3 helicopters and 30 boats have been deployed for rescue and relief operations in Gujarat and Rajasthan where incessant rains have claimed 22 lives.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has served a notice on Rajasthan Government over reports of rape by a police officer at an outpost in Jhunjhunu.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Rajasthan government over a report that said a police assistant sub-inspector allegedly raped a woman.
Employees of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on Wednesday decided to work on August 1, a Saturday, as a mark of respect to former President A P J Abdul Kalam, who passed away on Monday.
Six members of a family, including four children, were hacked to death allegedly by two men over a personal feud in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan.
Four persons were killed in rains-related incidents in Jalore district in Rajasthan during the past 24-hours even as flood-like situation continued for the third day on Wednesday in parts of Sirohi district following the torrential rains, officials said.
Three youths drowned when they accidentally fell into water while clicking a selfie with their mobile phone near Bagru area in the district.
A 17-year-old minor girl who was allegedly raped a year ago was set ablaze at Ahraula Nawazi village here, police said on Wednesday.
One person was washed away and two others feared dead in Moongtala village of Rajasthan's Sirohi district where incessant rainfall triggered flood-like situation and delayed train services.
Two unidentified bodies were on Tuesday found from separate locations in the city here.
Six youths, in the 18-20 age bracket, were killed and three injured when an SUV they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck at Udaipuria Mode in Chomu town here, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a strong view of the stalemate in Parliament due to the Congress protest over Lalitgate and Vyapam scam, Rajasthan BJP on Sunday accused the party of "having no work except to create ruckus" and urged it to end the logjam.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed north-west of Rajasthan affecting normal life specially in Jodhpur, Barmer and Jaisalmer districts, a state MeT report said.
A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped inside her home by a man at Raigar Mohalla in Kalwara area here, police said on Sunday.
129 civic bodies in Rajasthan will go to polls on August 17 amidst tight security following which the results will be announced on August 20, the State Election Commission informed on Saturday.
Three persons, including an Ayurvedic doctor, were on Friday arrested for allegedly performing foetal sex determination test at a clinic near Chandpole area here, a Health and medical department official said.
Due to aggressive South West monsoon, heavy rains on Friday lashed parts of Rajasthan especially western districts of Jodhpur division with Bikaner recording maximum rainfall of 44.4 mm in last 24 hours, a MeT official said.
'Baneshwar Dham', a famous religious destination in Dungarpur district will be developed on the guidelines of a master plan, after the heritage site was covered in the revenue records for the first time.
A 10-minute audio conversation in which Kota DRM is purportedly heard demanding a bribe of Rs 50,000 from a railway hospital doctor has gone viral on a social networking application, following which Western Railways refuted the allegations.
State Congress chief Sachin Pilot on Wednesday alleged that 75 per cent of decisions by Raje government are pending even after 20 months of its formation.
The Khandelwal community has demanded financial assistance for the family of Hanuman Khandelwal whose four-year-old daughter was killed after the car of BJP MP Hema Malini collided with theirs in Dausa district on July 2.
A four-day conference of Collectors and SPs began here today with Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje chairing the first session to review the progress in implementation of government schemes and programmes.
BJP's Lok Sabha member Dushyant Singh, the son of Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, on Tuesday filed a defamation complaint against Congress leader Jairam Ramesh and a TV channel in a court in Dholpur.
Failure in clearing competitive examinations and in love affairs, and family problems were the main reasons of behind suicides committed by the students in this education hub, which has witnessed a 61 percent rise in such cases.
A police inspector has been booked for allegedly abusing and misbehaving with a woman at Vishwakarma police station here.
A fire today broke out in a textile factory in Kaladera area in the outskirts of the city, police said.
With the revival of South-West Monsoon, heavy rain lashed city and its adjoining areas on Sunday, affecting normal life and vehicular traffic.
Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated with enthusiasm in Rajasthan on Saturday.
In his sharpest attack yet on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said that the Congress will not let the NDA government pass the Land Acquisition Bill in Parliament and that the PM's “56-inch chest will be reduced to 5.6-inch chest in a matter of six months”.
An unmanned aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) today crashed near the Jaisalmer airbase after engine failure but there was no collateral damage on the ground.
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- Aapke Sitare, July 28: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Was Taj Mahal originally a Shiva temple? Agra lawyers claim
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam: 10 Things you don't know about his life
- APJ Abdul Kalam's family wants last rites to be held at Rameswaram
- LIVE: Unprecedented SC hearing on Yakub Memon's mercy plea to begin shortly