An 82-year-old woman, who was on fast for over one month, publicly resumed her 'Santhara' on Monday after the Supreme Court stayed the Rajasthan High Court decision declaring the Jain religious ritual of voluntary fast unto death a penal offence.
Trade unions in Rajasthan have extended their support to the all India bandh called by central trade unions on September 2 on issues of inflation, labour laws, labour welfare and others.
Raksha Bandhan for the Bhil community, which has seen large-scale migration from Pakistan in the last few years, remains an affair of longing as brothers and sisters separated by the borders don't get to meet each other on the day.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Sambit Patra on Saturday questioned why there is a hue and cry in Congress circles with regard to the CBI probe of the Rajasthan ambulance scam if they had not committed any wrong.
Ten-year-old Mahesh had no hope of reuniting with his younger sister Mamta, who had gone missing five years back, but this Rakhi brought a pleasant surprise for him.
CBI on Friday took over the ambulance scam case and re-registered the case filed by Rajasthan Police against former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Congress leader Sachin Pilot and sons of two former union ministers.
A quack and his friends have been booked on the charges of allegedly raping a 50-year-old woman and blackmailing her by filming the act since last year, police said on Thursday.
Moving beyond conventions, brothers in Rajasthan are all set to gift "written vows and pledges" to their sisters this Rakhi.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Wednesday discussed various issues related to agriculture, Public distribution system (PDS), education and MNREGA with Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog Arvind Panagariya.
Congress on Wednesday exuded confidence over the results of students unions elections in universities and colleges of Rajasthan where polling took place today.
Several reforms will be introduced in Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) to improve its system quality in years to come, newly-appointed chairman of the commission Lalit K Panwar said.
Thousands of Jain community members on Monday took out a 'silent march' protesting the Rajasthan High Court judgement banning the practise of "Santhara", a Jain religious ritual of voluntary fast unto death.
Hurt with the recent Rajasthan High Court ruling equating banned 'Santhara' - a centuries-old religious belief of Jains – with suicide, the members of Jain community will on Monday take out a peace rally in the city.
Furniture and files were on Sunday gutted in a fire broke that broke out in the Sahakar Bhawan building housing 23 state departments here, police said.
A youth allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a running train near Kanota Railway station, near here, police said on Sunday.
Ahead of the global conference on climate change in Paris, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday made a strong pitch for "concrete and effective" outcome to meet the challenge even as he batted for reform of the UN Security Council to "mirror" current realities.
Security across Jaipur has been tightened ahead of the 2nd Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) Summit on Friday which will witness participation by heads of state and government officials from 14 resource-rich nations.
Buoyed by the victory in civic polls in Rajasthan, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Thursday said people of the state have endorsed her regime's good governance by voting for the party in civic elections.
BJP president Amit Shah on Thursday congratulated party workers, office-bearers and Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for the party's victory in the civic body polls in Rajasthan which, he said, has "shown the mirror of truth to Congress".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah on Thursday congratulated party workers and leaders on the BJP`s commendable performance in the Rajasthan civic polls.
Claiming victory in civic polls in Rajasthan and pointing to the party's triumph in a similar exercise in Madhya Pradesh, BJP on Thursday said that people have rejected the "campaign of calumny" unleashed against it by Congress.
Rajasthan Congress chief Sachin Pilot on Thursday said the Bharatiya Janata Party is losing support base in the western state.
Ruling BJP party on Thursday won majority in 66 civic bodies including the Ajmer Municipal Corporation, while the Congress bagged 35 of them in the Rajasthan civic body polls, results for which were announced today.
The results of the 129 civic bodies' polls, to be announced on Thursday, will be a political test for the Vasundhara Raje government which has been embroiled in Lalit Modi controversy over the past few months.
One of the witnesses in the 2007 Ajmer dargah blasts case on Tuesday turned hostile in a Jaipur court.
Monsoon trough was today weakened over Rajasthan except for eastern part of the state covering Kota Division where Shahbabad received 19 cms of rainfall till morning, a Met report said here today.
Over 76 percent of the voters on Monday turned out to elect their representatives in 129 civic bodies across Rajasthan as polling ended on a peaceful note with the exception of a stray incident at Fatehpur where miscreants broke two electronic voting machines.
With over ten thousand candidates in the fray, the campaigning for civic polls in 129 civic bodies in Rajasthan ended today, officials said.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Saturday asked her political competitors to indulge in "politics of development" to fight communalism, corruption and terrorism.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours