MP Sona Ram Choudhary currently on a visit to his constituency, has reacted to the water tank collapse incident in the district last month, saying what could he do if the lid collapsed.
Four members of a family, including two children, died due to suspected case of food poisoning in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said Wednesday.
Pulling up the state government for giving a "free-hand" to Gujjar agitators, Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday directed the Chief Secretary and the police chief to appear before it tomorrow and also immediately restore traffic on Jaipur-Agra national highway, blocked by protesters.
Eyeing a revenue of Rs 1,000 crore, Andhra Pradesh Government will auction 3,500 tonnes of seized red sanders wood in the second phase on an electronic platform by inviting global tenders in June.
Rajasthan's Gujjar community leaders, staging a sit-in on railway tracks for the last few days to demand five percent reservation in jobs and educational institutes, resumed talks with the state government officials here on Wednesday.
A special court here on Tuesday granted interim bail to BSP MLA B L Kushwah, who is facing murder charge, on the ground of his mother's illness.
Heatwave conditions continued to prevail in Rajasthan with maximum temperatures hovering between 41 and 45 degrees Celsius -- almost 2-4 degrees above normal, weather officials said on Tuesday.
Rajasthan's Gujjar community, staging a sit-in on railway tracks for the last few days to demand five percent reservation in jobs and educational institutes, finally relented on Tuesday and agreed to hold talks with the state government in Jaipur.
A centralised call centre of Jaipur Discom, set-up for quick disposal of customer complaints, was inaugurated on Tuesday by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
A 29-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her husband's hostel room here, police said on Tuesday.
Frequent cancellation of trains on Delhi-Mumbai route due to ongoing agitation by Gujjars in Rajasthan is causing Western Railway a revenue loss to the tune of Rs 15 crore per day.
Bodies of an elderly woman and her 50-year-old daughter were recovered today from their residence in Mansarover area here, police said.
Entering the sixth day of their agitation to press for five percent reservation in government jobs, Gujjars on Tuesday remained adamant for calling the committee of ministers at Bayana in Bharatpur for holding talks to resolve the issue even as the rail tracks continued to remain blocked.
Heat wave continued to affect normal life in parts of Rajasthan on Monday with mercury touching 45.8 degrees Celsius in Jaisalmer.
Alleging "rising atrocities" against Dalits in Nagaur in BJP-ruled Rajasthan, Congress has set up a four-member fact-finding team to inquire into the recent incidents of violence against members of scheduled castes in the region.
Gujjar agitation on Monday met with a stiff resistance from locals in Sikandara town of Dausa district, where scores of people confronted the agitators and forced clearing of Agra-Jaipur National Highway 11 for traffic.
Two persons, including a woman, died reportedly due to heatstroke in Bundi district which, along with other parts of Rajasthan, has been experiencing scorching heat for the past few days with the temperature rising up to 46 degrees Celsius.
On the fifth day of the Gujjar agitation, police on Monday cleared the Jaipur-Agra national highway of the protestors even as the rail track continued to be blocked amid a stand-off with the government over the community's demand for five per cent reservation.
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday welcomed the Raje government's decision to commence commercial operations of Jaipur Metro from next month, but alleged the BJP dispensation "unnecessarily delayed" the project.
There was no respite from the blistering heat in Rajasthan where Jaisalmer and Sriganganagar remained the hottest with the mercury touching 45.6 degrees Celsius.
Police have registered a case against Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla and others as the agitation by the members of the community, demanding five percent reservation in government jobs, within the legal limit of 50 percent, continued on the fourth day on Sunday.
As Gujjars planned to intensify their stir for five per cent quota in government jobs, leaders of Jat and Other Backward Classes (OBC) community on Saturday opposed their demands, saying it will reduce OBC quota and the matter in pending in Rajasthan High Court.
The meeting between representatives of the Gujjar community and Rajasthan government on Saturday ended in a deadlock as the community leaders accused the government of not coming up with concrete proposal to fulfil their demand of 5 per cent quota in government jobs.
The death toll from a clash between two groups in Dangawas village of Nagaur has risen to five with a Dalit man, who was injured in the incident, on Saturday succumbing to his wounds at an Ajmer hospital.
The Chairman of Committee on Schedule Cast in Rajasthan Assembly Chandra Kanta Meghwal on Saturday demanded a CBI probe into the May 16 clash in Dangawas, in which four persons were killed and seven others injured, saying probe by any other agency was like throwing a sensitive matter into a cold bag.
Residents in Rajasthan sweated it out with mercury in Jaisalmer touching 46.5 degree Celsius mark.
Veteran Congress leader and former chairman of the state commission for disabled persons (Nishakt Janayog) Damodar Thanvi died on Saturday after falling down on a railway platform from a moving train at Jaipur junction here.
Gujjar community leaders, who continued their protest demanding five percent reservation in government jobs and educational institutions continued for the second day on Friday, "agreed" to hold talks with the Rajasthan government on Saturday.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje would flag off the Jaipur Metro Rail here on June 3.
Softening his stand on talks with Rajasthan government over quota issue, Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla on Friday said his team was ready to meet its special envoy tomorrow, as their agitation continued to affect movement of several trains for the second day.
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow