The Congress party here on Tuesday burnt an effigy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to protest the five-day suspension of its 25 MPs from the Lok Sabha.
Hundreds of Congress party workers on Tuesday held a protest against the Central government and burnt effigies here over suspension of its 25 members from Lok Sabha yesterday.
Taking note of security concerns, a court here has ordered that the trial of self-styled godman Asaram, who is lodged in the central jail here in connection with a rape case, will be held in jail premises from Wednesday.
The post offices in Jaipur remained open on Sunday as a mark of respect to late former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
Twenty-one people were injured when a roadways bus in which they were travelling collided head-on with a truck at a bypass on Ratangarh-Delhi highway in Churu on Sunday morning, police said.
Rape accused self-styled godman Asaram features in a chapter on saints in a Class III textbook in the district, sharing space with Vivekananda, Mother Teresa and Ramakrishna Paramhans.
The flood situation has improved after rainfall declined during the past two days.
Employees of Rajasthan Assembly on Saturday decided to work to pay homage to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who passed away on Monday.
Two kids working as child labourers in a factory at Subhash chowk area in the city have been rescued by the police.
Filing of nomination papers for the August 17 elections to 129 civic bodies (municipal) will begin on Saturday.
At least four persons have died in floods that have created havoc in Rajasthan's Barmer district.
The situation in flood affected Jalore and Sirohi districts of Rajasthan was limping back to normalcy, even as Nagaur got the maximum rainfall of 13 cms in the state today, officials said.
After 15 years of trial, an anti corruption court here has sentenced a former revenue accountant to four years in jail for taking bribe.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams were pressed into work even as one boy was today washed away in Sirohi district of Rajasthan amidst heavy rains creating a flood-like situation in parts of the state.
Bodies of two minor boys were recovered this morning from a pond in Tomariya Khadar village here, police said.
More than 700 NDRF personnel, 3 helicopters and 30 boats have been deployed for rescue and relief operations in Gujarat and Rajasthan where incessant rains have claimed 22 lives.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has served a notice on Rajasthan Government over reports of rape by a police officer at an outpost in Jhunjhunu.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Rajasthan government over a report that said a police assistant sub-inspector allegedly raped a woman.
Employees of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on Wednesday decided to work on August 1, a Saturday, as a mark of respect to former President A P J Abdul Kalam, who passed away on Monday.
Six members of a family, including four children, were hacked to death allegedly by two men over a personal feud in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan.
Four persons were killed in rains-related incidents in Jalore district in Rajasthan during the past 24-hours even as flood-like situation continued for the third day on Wednesday in parts of Sirohi district following the torrential rains, officials said.
Three youths drowned when they accidentally fell into water while clicking a selfie with their mobile phone near Bagru area in the district.
A 17-year-old minor girl who was allegedly raped a year ago was set ablaze at Ahraula Nawazi village here, police said on Wednesday.
One person was washed away and two others feared dead in Moongtala village of Rajasthan's Sirohi district where incessant rainfall triggered flood-like situation and delayed train services.
Two unidentified bodies were on Tuesday found from separate locations in the city here.
Six youths, in the 18-20 age bracket, were killed and three injured when an SUV they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck at Udaipuria Mode in Chomu town here, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a strong view of the stalemate in Parliament due to the Congress protest over Lalitgate and Vyapam scam, Rajasthan BJP on Sunday accused the party of "having no work except to create ruckus" and urged it to end the logjam.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed north-west of Rajasthan affecting normal life specially in Jodhpur, Barmer and Jaisalmer districts, a state MeT report said.
A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped inside her home by a man at Raigar Mohalla in Kalwara area here, police said on Sunday.
129 civic bodies in Rajasthan will go to polls on August 17 amidst tight security following which the results will be announced on August 20, the State Election Commission informed on Saturday.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns
- Wanted: Pakistani 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' to unite Indian girl with her family
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?