The class 3 textbooks in several schools in Rajasthan has listed Asaram as a 'saint'.
The flood situation has improved after rainfall declined during the past two days.
Employees of Rajasthan Assembly on Saturday decided to work to pay homage to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who passed away on Monday.
Two kids working as child labourers in a factory at Subhash chowk area in the city have been rescued by the police.
Filing of nomination papers for the August 17 elections to 129 civic bodies (municipal) will begin on Saturday.
At least four persons have died in floods that have created havoc in Rajasthan's Barmer district.
The situation in flood affected Jalore and Sirohi districts of Rajasthan was limping back to normalcy, even as Nagaur got the maximum rainfall of 13 cms in the state today, officials said.
After 15 years of trial, an anti corruption court here has sentenced a former revenue accountant to four years in jail for taking bribe.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams were pressed into work even as one boy was today washed away in Sirohi district of Rajasthan amidst heavy rains creating a flood-like situation in parts of the state.
Bodies of two minor boys were recovered this morning from a pond in Tomariya Khadar village here, police said.
More than 700 NDRF personnel, 3 helicopters and 30 boats have been deployed for rescue and relief operations in Gujarat and Rajasthan where incessant rains have claimed 22 lives.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has served a notice on Rajasthan Government over reports of rape by a police officer at an outpost in Jhunjhunu.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Rajasthan government over a report that said a police assistant sub-inspector allegedly raped a woman.
Employees of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on Wednesday decided to work on August 1, a Saturday, as a mark of respect to former President A P J Abdul Kalam, who passed away on Monday.
Six members of a family, including four children, were hacked to death allegedly by two men over a personal feud in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan.
Four persons were killed in rains-related incidents in Jalore district in Rajasthan during the past 24-hours even as flood-like situation continued for the third day on Wednesday in parts of Sirohi district following the torrential rains, officials said.
Three youths drowned when they accidentally fell into water while clicking a selfie with their mobile phone near Bagru area in the district.
A 17-year-old minor girl who was allegedly raped a year ago was set ablaze at Ahraula Nawazi village here, police said on Wednesday.
One person was washed away and two others feared dead in Moongtala village of Rajasthan's Sirohi district where incessant rainfall triggered flood-like situation and delayed train services.
Two unidentified bodies were on Tuesday found from separate locations in the city here.
Six youths, in the 18-20 age bracket, were killed and three injured when an SUV they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck at Udaipuria Mode in Chomu town here, police said on Tuesday.
Taking a strong view of the stalemate in Parliament due to the Congress protest over Lalitgate and Vyapam scam, Rajasthan BJP on Sunday accused the party of "having no work except to create ruckus" and urged it to end the logjam.
Moderate to heavy rains lashed north-west of Rajasthan affecting normal life specially in Jodhpur, Barmer and Jaisalmer districts, a state MeT report said.
A 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped inside her home by a man at Raigar Mohalla in Kalwara area here, police said on Sunday.
129 civic bodies in Rajasthan will go to polls on August 17 amidst tight security following which the results will be announced on August 20, the State Election Commission informed on Saturday.
Three persons, including an Ayurvedic doctor, were on Friday arrested for allegedly performing foetal sex determination test at a clinic near Chandpole area here, a Health and medical department official said.
Due to aggressive South West monsoon, heavy rains on Friday lashed parts of Rajasthan especially western districts of Jodhpur division with Bikaner recording maximum rainfall of 44.4 mm in last 24 hours, a MeT official said.
'Baneshwar Dham', a famous religious destination in Dungarpur district will be developed on the guidelines of a master plan, after the heritage site was covered in the revenue records for the first time.
A 10-minute audio conversation in which Kota DRM is purportedly heard demanding a bribe of Rs 50,000 from a railway hospital doctor has gone viral on a social networking application, following which Western Railways refuted the allegations.
State Congress chief Sachin Pilot on Wednesday alleged that 75 per cent of decisions by Raje government are pending even after 20 months of its formation.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Drishyam movie review: You only see what your eyes want to see!
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain