A khap panchayat in the Barmer district of Rajasthan has allegedly issued a diktat, banning girls of the village from using mobile phones and social media.
A court here directed the police to provide adequate security to a prosecution witness in the rape case against Asaram Bapu after she expressed inability to depose claiming threat to her life.
The Rajasthan government has transferred about 40 Urdu teachers to the post of Sanskrit teachers in its schools, drawing sharp criticism.
A 25-year-old man has been awarded life imprisonment for raping and murdering a girl in Bahala village here in 2011.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday dismissed the raising of the issue of Vasundhara Raje's foreign trips by the Congress, adding that they have given a befitting reply to the grand old party on every subject.
The Congress Party on Wednesday said that Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje should voluntarily provide information on the foreign trips made by her, after an RTI query revealed that the state government has no information for the same between 2009 to 2013.
The Bharatiya Janata Party here on Tuesday maintained that the Dholpur Palace in the state belonged to Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's son Dushyant Singh and challenged the Congress to prove it to the contrary.
Dismissing BJP's denials, Congress today persisted with its demand for the sacking of Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, saying there was a "criminal nexus" between her family and former IPL boss Lalit Modi.
Sleuths of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) today arrested Jalore District Supply Officer was caught red-handed while allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.35 lakhs.
Fifteen live hand grenades have been recovered from pasture land at Gomet village near Jaisalmer, police said on Tuesday.
The Congress party on Tuesday accused Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's son Dushyant Singh of taking compensation money for the Dholpur Palace, a government property.
Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh has compared Maharana Pratap with Mughal emperor Akbar, saying the Rajput ruler was more "inspirational" to the nation than Akbar with the suffix "great".
The BJP on Monday refuted as baseless and without facts the allegations made by the Congress about Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's son Dushyant Singh's ownership of Dholpur Palace, which has been converted into a hotel.
Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh has compared Maharana Pratap with Mughal emperor Akbar, saying the Rajput ruler was "inspirational" to the nation than Akbar with the suffix "great".
Mounting pressure on her on the Lalit Modi controversy, Congress on Monday accused Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhra Raje of "forcible, illegal occupation" of the Dholpur Palace along with Lalit Modi through a private company, a charge refuted by BJP.
Over 1.5 lakh students taking coaching classes at various centres in the city, known for its numerous engineering and medical entrance exam coaching institutes, are served non-nutritious food cooked in unhygienic conditions in the canteens.
Rajasthan's Health Minister Rajendra Rathore on Monday came to the rescue of Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who is facing sharp criticism from the opposition parties for helping former IPL boss Lalit Modi.
Former Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday demanded incumbent Vasundhara Raje to step down from her post for a free and fair investigation in the Lalit Modi row.
A 25-year-old undertrial inmate at the Jaisalmer prison on Sunday allegedly committed suicide in the jail lavatory, officials said here.
An 18-year-old IIT-JEE aspirant allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan in his room here, police said on Sunday.
A city-based citizen forum of social activists on Saturday demanded resignation of Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who is embroiled in the raging Lalitgate row.
A seven-year old girl on Saturday fell into a borewell in Rajasthan`s Sikar district.
Amid speculation that embattled Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje would meet BJP top brass in Delhi, her office on Saturday said she was not scheduled to meet anyone but had gone there only to attend a meeting of NITI Ayog.
In a shocking incident, a 35-year- old elected representative of Gangrar Panchayat Samiti allegedly married a 6-year-old girl earlier this week, officials of Chittorgarh district said on Saturday.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who has been embroiled in the Lalit Modi controversy, gave media the slip after the NITI Aayog meeting here on Saturday.
Two alleged narcotic drug smugglers, accused in a case of heroin seizure and on the run since 2012, were arrested from the border area of the city, police said on Saturday.
A vehicle in the convoy of Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje was hit on Saturday by a TV channel's car as she was headed to the NITI Aayog from Delhi airport.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, who was expected to meet top BJP leaders including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, party president Amit Shah and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley here on Saturday, has reportedly been snubbed amid the raging Lalit Modi controversy.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje will visit New Delhi Saturday to attend a meeting of Niti Aayog, amid mounting opposition pressure for her resignation in connection with the Lalit Modi controversy.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Smart plan to send humans to Mars
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress