The Rajasthan Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned amidst uproarious scenes as opposition Congress protested against the state government over its demands for rolling back power tariff and compensation of farmers whose crops were damaged in unseasonal rains in the state recently.
In view of the dwindling population of camels in Rajasthan, the state Assembly has passed the Rajasthan Camel (Prohibition of Slaughter and Regulation of Temporary Migration or Export) Bill, which bans the slaughter of camels in the state.
Forty-one people were killed and at least 20,983 villages in 33 districts of Rajasthan have witnessed the worst crop damage in the recent untimely rain and hailstorm, an official 'Girdwari' (crop assessment) report said tonight.
A local court today sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for raping a 65-year-old woman in December, 2012.
With an aim to bring investment in the state, the Rajasthan government plans to hold 11 international and nine national roadshows in the coming months, officials said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted the people of Rajasthan on the occasion of Rajasthan Diwas.
In the wake of surfacing of a fake degree scam in a private university in Jodhpur, the state government on Friday said a regulatory commission would be set up to monitor the academic activities of all universities mainly private ones.
Three more farmers died of cardiac arrest after seeing their crops destroyed in untimely rains here, authorities said on Friday.
The ruling BJP government on Friday announced in the state Assembly that there will be a high level probe in the alleged minority scholarship scam in Tonk district and the employees guilty in this connection will be punished.
Defacing property in Rajasthan will now invite a year-long prison term.
Rajasthan Congress chief Sachin Pilot on Thursday condemned the state Home minister's remark on alleged suicide by farmers following damage to crops, and demanded the government to withdraw hike in power tariff, exempt farmers from paying electricity bills and loan instalments for six months.
Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the state budget 2015-16 by voice vote after Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje gave her reply to the debate on appropriation bill, 2015.
Rajasthan government on Thursday said that Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act will be strictly implemented to check instances of private clinics and hospitals flouting rules while treating BPL patients.
A total of 141 schools in Rajasthan were running without students and 12,782 schools were with just one teacher each, a Comptroller and Auditor General of India's audit report said.
Rajasthan mining department did not take stringent action against illegal mining in the state, resulting in illegal extraction of 80.34 lakh MT of masonry stone, costing Rs 149 crore alone in Sikar district, the CAG report said.
Existing police stations in Rajasthan would be reorganised after specific demarcation and new "thanas" would be opened after considering a report of Parmeshwar Committee which was pending, the state Assembly was informed on Wednesday.
Seven persons including a woman were on Wednesday killed and as many were injured in three separate road mishaps in Rajasthan.
The Rajastham government on Wednesday said it was verifying the deaths of farmers who were reportedly died in rain and hailstorm related mishaps early this month in various parts of the state.
Justice Sunil Ambwani today took oath as the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court at Raj Bhawan here.
Social Justice and Empowerment minister Arun Chaturvedi on Monday announced an improvement of facilities in hostels run by the department in the state.
Cases of corruption and other irregularities against IAS and IPS officers would be probed by an Investigating Officer (IO) senior to them in rank, the Rajasthan government on Monday said.
Gujarat businessman Zafar Sareshwala, who is considered close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, had to leave the venue of All India Muslim Personal Law Board meeting here on Sunday after some members raised objection to his presence, following which he described the board as "an extension of certain political parties".
A girl was allegedly harassed and assaulted along with her male friend by a group of college students inside Rajasthan University campus here, police said on Sunday.
Legislators cutting across the party lines in the Rajasthan Assembly on Sunday greeted Speaker Kailash Meghwal on his 82nd birthday and wished him a happy and long life.
Army disposed of ten live bombs recovered from a junk yard at Nachana area of Jaisalmer district, a senior official said on Sunday.
Jaipur; The Rajasthan Assembly on Saturday passed a bill for the protection, conservation and beautification of lakes in the desert state.
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Saturday said that terrorism should be treated as a challenge to human kind and the global community will have to come together to combat terrorism.
Most of the politicians want their children to follow in their footsteps but a Rajasthan MLA wants his son to chart his course according to his eligibility.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday said her party would bring pressure on the Rajasthan government and the Centre to provide the maximum relief to the farmers whose crops were damaged in the recent unseasonal rainfall in north India.
BJP government Friday announced setting up of a three-member committee to probe allegations of corruption against the Jai Narayan Vyas University and said an independent audit would also be carried out look into the alleged misappropriation of income.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- India will pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia's case against Pakistan if SC permits: Sushma Swaraj
- Saurabh Kalia's death: Modi govt refuses to take Pakistan to international court
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- RBI cuts repo rate by 0.25% to 7.25%
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` Box Office collection unstoppable!
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- RBSE (rajeduboard.nic.in) Class 12th Arts Results 2015: Rajasthan Board (BSER) Intermediate Class XII Arts Exam Results 2015 to be announced soon today on rajresults.nic.in
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- FSSAI tests Maggi samples; govt to act against brand ambassadors
- RBSE Result 2015: rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in BSER Class 12 board result (Arts) at 4 pm
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter visits Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores