With one more person succumbing to the injuries, the death toll in a clash between two groups at Dangawas village of Nagaur district in Rajasthan has risen to six, that included five Dalits, police said on Friday.
After the Gujjar called off their 8-day long agitation, traffic on the Agra-Jaipur national highway and a state highway in Sawaimadhopur has resumed while the Delhi-Mumbai tracks have also been cleared.
The Gujjar community, whose members have been squatting on railway tracks and blocking road traffic in Rajasthan demanding five percent reservation in education and government jobs, on Thursday called off their agitation as the state government agreed to their demand, a minister said.
4,500 paramilitary personnel have been despatched to Rajasthan by the Centre to assist the state government in handling the Gujjar agitation that has hit traffic on the Delhi-Mumbai rail route and a national highway for the eighth day on Thursday.
After having partnered with Rajasthan government in the agriculture sector, Israel is looking forward to help the state in the field of water management and tourism.
The Centre on Thursday sent additional forces to vacate rail tracks from the members of the Gujjar community, whose agitation for five percent quota in Rajasthan government jobs entered in its eighth day today.
Talks to resolve the stand-off over the issue of job reservation for Gujjars will continue Thursday with a spokesperson for their delegation saying a breakthrough is likely during the fresh parleys after Rajasthan government Wednesday expressed its inability to meet their demands.
Railways has suffered losses of about Rs 100 crore due to the ongoing Gujjar agitation which has forced cancellation and diversion of as many as 326 Mail and Express trains on Kota-Mathura route so far.
The Rajasthan government on Wednesday directed the district administration and police officers in four districts to evacuate Gujjar agitators from railway tracks and highways in compliance of a High Court order.
The Rajasthan government has written to the Centre recommending a CBI probe into the bloody clash in Nagaur district in which five persons, including four Dalits, were killed and 12 injured.
Heatwave conditions prevailed on Wednesday in several areas of Rajasthan forcing people to stay indoors.
MP Sona Ram Choudhary currently on a visit to his constituency, has reacted to the water tank collapse incident in the district last month, saying what could he do if the lid collapsed.
Four members of a family, including two children, died due to suspected case of food poisoning in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said Wednesday.
Pulling up the state government for giving a "free-hand" to Gujjar agitators, Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday directed the Chief Secretary and the police chief to appear before it tomorrow and also immediately restore traffic on Jaipur-Agra national highway, blocked by protesters.
Eyeing a revenue of Rs 1,000 crore, Andhra Pradesh Government will auction 3,500 tonnes of seized red sanders wood in the second phase on an electronic platform by inviting global tenders in June.
A forward movement appeared to be in sight on Wednesday in the talks between agitating Gujjars and the Rajasthan government, which is believed to have promised to give a written proposal on the demand for five per cent quota in jobs.
A special court here on Tuesday granted interim bail to BSP MLA B L Kushwah, who is facing murder charge, on the ground of his mother's illness.
Heatwave conditions continued to prevail in Rajasthan with maximum temperatures hovering between 41 and 45 degrees Celsius -- almost 2-4 degrees above normal, weather officials said on Tuesday.
Rajasthan's Gujjar community, staging a sit-in on railway tracks for the last few days to demand five percent reservation in jobs and educational institutes, finally relented on Tuesday and agreed to hold talks with the state government in Jaipur.
A centralised call centre of Jaipur Discom, set-up for quick disposal of customer complaints, was inaugurated on Tuesday by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje.
A 29-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her husband's hostel room here, police said on Tuesday.
Frequent cancellation of trains on Delhi-Mumbai route due to ongoing agitation by Gujjars in Rajasthan is causing Western Railway a revenue loss to the tune of Rs 15 crore per day.
Bodies of an elderly woman and her 50-year-old daughter were recovered today from their residence in Mansarover area here, police said.
Entering the sixth day of their agitation to press for five percent reservation in government jobs, Gujjars on Tuesday remained adamant for calling the committee of ministers at Bayana in Bharatpur for holding talks to resolve the issue even as the rail tracks continued to remain blocked.
Heat wave continued to affect normal life in parts of Rajasthan on Monday with mercury touching 45.8 degrees Celsius in Jaisalmer.
Alleging "rising atrocities" against Dalits in Nagaur in BJP-ruled Rajasthan, Congress has set up a four-member fact-finding team to inquire into the recent incidents of violence against members of scheduled castes in the region.
Gujjar agitation on Monday met with a stiff resistance from locals in Sikandara town of Dausa district, where scores of people confronted the agitators and forced clearing of Agra-Jaipur National Highway 11 for traffic.
Two persons, including a woman, died reportedly due to heatstroke in Bundi district which, along with other parts of Rajasthan, has been experiencing scorching heat for the past few days with the temperature rising up to 46 degrees Celsius.
On the fifth day of the Gujjar agitation, police on Monday cleared the Jaipur-Agra national highway of the protestors even as the rail track continued to be blocked amid a stand-off with the government over the community's demand for five per cent reservation.
Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday welcomed the Raje government's decision to commence commercial operations of Jaipur Metro from next month, but alleged the BJP dispensation "unnecessarily delayed" the project.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in