Stated its views in a memorandum to be submitted by two senior lawyers who would appear on its behalf before the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personal, Public Grievances, Law and Justice, New Delhi on November 2.
Slamming BJP for criticising his party over the decades old Cauvery issue, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Wednesday asked it to mend its way which "spoiled a good opportunity" to set up the Cauvery Management Board.
Trinamool Congress MP and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's nephew Abhishek Banerjee, who underwent a surgery for "orbital floor fracture" caused in a car accident, is in a stable condition now.
A 30-year-old employee of the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was electrocuted while two others sustained burn injuries, when they were carrying out maintenance work at Thudiyalur sub-station, in the outskirts today, police said.
Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK on Wednesday said that party supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is "very well" and would return home soon.
The filing of nomination for Thanjavur, Aravakurichi, Thiruparankundram Assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu begins today.
The Supreme Court has allowed the Management of the Sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Tamil Nadu to approach the Madras High Court with its prayer that it should be allowed to carry out requisite repairs and renovations in the historic temple.
A woman died and 15 others were injured in a stampede at Arulmighu Pachaiamman temple on Monday.
DMK leader M.K. Stalin on Tuesday presided over an "all-party meeting" to discuss the Cauvery issue but most major parties in the state gave it a miss.
The DMK has issued a press release which said M Karunanidhi has developed an allergy due to some medicines he is taking regularly.
The toll in the October 20 fireworks mishap here rose to nine, with a doctor succumbing to his injuries today, police said.
Three of a family, including two women, were killed, while two others were injured when their car rammed into a roadside tree at Elamangalam village near here early today, police said.
One person was killed while four others injured when the car they were travelling in, rammed into a roadside tree on Madurai-Rameswaram highway near here today, police said.
AIADMK legislators and workers today took out a procession with milk vessels on their heads and offered prayers at a temple for recovery of party supremo and hospitalised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
Two persons were arrested for alleged possession of 12 kilograms of explosive material in the district, police said on Sunday.
Minister of State Pon Radhakrishnan demanded a White Paper on the Cauvery issue and the role of Congress and the DMK on it.
Tamil Nadu Governer Vidyasagar Rao visited ailing chief minister Jayalalithaa at the Apollo Hospital here on Saturday, where he was briefed about the treatment given to her and was informed that she was interacting now and responding to treatment remarkably.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader J. Jayalalithaa is said to be on the road to recovering from her illness at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, and in anticipation of her coming out of the medical facility soon, special prayers were held at Mysuru`s Chamundeshwari Temple.
A rail worker quickly moved to save him from a sure death situation.
NHRC Chairperson H L Dattu today said arrests of people on the issue of rumours over Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's health may not be an answer and that there are ther ways of dealing with it.
In the wake of apprehending of a few persons in Tamil Nadu for allegedly circulated rumours regarding Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's health status, National Human Rights Commission chairperson Justice H L Dattu on Friday said arrest may not be an answer and there are other avenues for checking rumour-mongering.
Chennai, Two days after the ruling AIADMK named its candidates for the elections to be held in Tamil Nadu on November 19, DMK on Friday announced its nominees for Thanjavur, Aravakkurichi Assembly
A delegation of opposition parties in Tamil Nadu today met President Pranab Mukherjee and sought his intervention in the setting up of Cauvery Management Board, a demand Karnataka is opposed to.
A delegation of opposition parties in Tamil Nadu on Friday met President Pranab Mukherjee and sought his intervention in the setting up of Cauvery Management Board, a demand Karnataka is opposed to.
Jayalalithaa has been in hospital for more than three weeks and is being treated for a lung infection.
A sixth time MLA, Stalin made his Assembly debut in 1989.
Nine persons were killed were a massive fire broke out in a cracker factory in Sivakasi of Tamil Nadu.
"Amma (Jayalalithaa) has progressed very well under the daily monitoring of Apollo Hospital doctors and specialists and will return home soon," AIADMK spokesperson C R Saraswathy told reporters here.
For the first time after the Tamil Nadu Governor re-allocated the portfolios of ailing CM Jayalalithaa, state Finance Minister O Panneerselvam on Wednesday presided over a meeting of the state Cabinet.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh on Himachal visit today to review border areas with Tibet
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the problems of traffic jam in India
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?