A Chennai-based prominent Tamil activist, today demanded human rights wing of the United Nations to conduct an investigation into the "genocide" in Sri Lanka.
DMK leader MK Stalin Thursday said if the party is voted to power, it would provide a corruption-free governance in Tamil Nadu.
A sub-inspector was among 4 arrested for allegedly gang-raping a minor girl in TN.
A 19-year-old second year B.Com student allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison near her hostel room in the city.
With its wind season drawing to a close and no clear indication of when Unit-I of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) would recommence operations, Tamil Nadu government today sought Central intervention in this matter.
With its wind season drawing to a close and no clear indication of when Unit-I of Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) would recommence operations, Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday sought Central intervention in this matter.
With DMK treasurer M K Stalin set to begin his second phase of campaign 'Namakkau Name' (We for ourselves) tomorrow from Nilgiris to reach out to the electorate, ruling AIADMK Tuesday made fun of him, his style and the campaign.
The Madras High Court today closed contempt proceedings against an Inspector General of Police after the official tendered an unconditional apology for not complying with the court's earlier order to provide security to three advocates.
A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man when she was returning home in the wee hours here Monday, police said.
The girl is a second year BCom student at a college in Namakkal district.
Fishermen here on Saturday began an indefinite strike demanding that the Union Government trace a missing fisherman from the state, who fell into the sea, after the boat in which he was sailing sank while allegedly being chased by a Sri Lankan naval vessel.
Seven Indian fishermen were arrested by Sri Lankan naval personnel off Katchathivu islet today for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line and fishing in their waters.
Taking exception to the continued arrests of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy, the Tamil Nadu government has told the Centre that Colombo's "dubious actions" has resulted in the situation at sea remaining "precarious."
A ban on birthday parties, use of WhatsApp and girl students talking to boys allegedly imposed by a leading engineering college here led to an uproar and street protests by a section of its students today.
Hundreds of farmers were today detained in different parts of delta districts in Tamil Nadu, when they attempted to block trains demanding release of the Cauvery river water by Karnataka for agriculture operations.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced distribution of Amma mobile phones to trainers of women’s self-help groups. Making this announcement in the state assembly, Jayalalithaa said in the first phase, 20,000 mobile phones at an outlay of Rs.15 crore would be distributed.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Monday announced distribution of Amma mobile phones to trainers of women`s self-help groups.
Taking a veiled dig at Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, DMK Treasurer MK Stalin on Monday said everything, including inauguration of projects, was done in Tamil Nadu through video conferencing and alleged the projects did not appear to have been implemented in reality.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday cautioned India against supporting a "watered down" resolution by the US on Sri Lanka in the UN Human Rights Council over alleged rights violations during the last phase of civil war against LTTE in 2009 in the island nation.
Three Indian fishermen were rescued and detained by Sri Lankan Navy personnel when their boat sank after being allegedly chased by the latter off Katchatheevu on Sunday.
Dressed in bright formal wear and hopping a bicycle, scooter and autorickshaw, DMK Treasurer M K Stalin has gone in for a rapid image makeover, in a bid to reach out to the people especially youth, ahead of the Assembly elections in Tamil Nadu next year.
Terming the Tamil Nadu government as "anti-women" DMK leader MK Stalin on Saturday alleged that crime against woman in the state has increased by several folds.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Friday sought Central intervention for the release of fishermen from Tamil Nadu arrested by the Sri Lanka Navy and urged the Narendra Modi government to initiate 'decisive measures' to find a permanent solution to this 'sensitive issue'.
Tamil Nadu government Friday said that three pilgrims from the state were among those killed in the Haj stampede yesterday in Saudi Arabia.
Power generation in the three thermal power units here was affected, leading to decline in the power supply to the southern districts of tamil Nadu in the last two days, officials said here Friday.
PMK today appealed to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa to convene an all-party meeting and lead a delegation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi pressing for a resolution seeking international probe into alleged war crimes during 2009 hostilities in Sri Lanka.
The Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry has decided to take a decision on Thursday on the issue of errant advocates allegedly engaging in unruly behaviour like laying seige to court halls, taking out rallies and obstructing court work.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday made a slew of announcements pertaining to the departments of School Education, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments and Fisheries.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two men hailing from Bihar at her home near here, police said today.
Voicing concern over the arrest of Indian fishermen by Lankan Navy in the 'vicinity' of Katchatheevu, the Tamil Nadu government has once again raised the demand that India "retrieve" the islet from Sri Lanka.
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Check out the general knowledge of these UP panchayat candidates
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Indian economy badly affected due to terror attacks: Moody's
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Varanasi violence: Photos show police setting fire to bikes
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued
- Top 10 films of Salman Khan
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Shahid reveals how he “connected” with wife Mira
- Murder of foreigners cannot destabilise Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina
- David Beckham backs Carlo Ancelotti to return to EPL
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi