Model and photographer Vasanth Paul is a real-life hero.
It may sound shocking and surprising but it's true!
The Indian Navy, which has pressed a flotilla of vessels, including a submarine, to locate a missing an Indian Air Force transport aircraft, on Sunday said it has sought the satellite imagery of the area from ISRO.
The plane was 280 kilometres east of Chennai when it fell off the radar.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on friday thanked her Uttarakhand counterpart Harish Rawat for taking steps to install the statue of Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar in his state, calling it a "positive action."
The South West Monsoon has brought in heavy rain in catchment areas of Cauvery river.
The physical start-up of the second unit of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in Tamil Nadu that went critical last week has been conducted successfully, a source at the plant said on Thursday.
Fishing nets of six boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen were allegedly cut by Sri Lankan naval personnel, who also chased away more than 400 fishermen off Katchatheevu islet.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday came out in support of BSP supremo Mayawati, who was at the receiving end of derogatory remarks by a BJP leader, saying his choice of words brought 'disgrace' to his party and demanded his expulsion.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention for installation of a statue of Tamil saint poet Tiruvalluvar in Haridwar.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Wednesday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to urgently take up with the Uttarakhand government the issue of installation of a statue of Tamil sage poet Thiruvalluvar in Haridwar.
Madras High Court Wednesday declined to entertain a plea by Rajiv Gandhi assassination case convict Nalini Sriharan seeking pre-mature release, saying it cannot grant her request in view of pendency of a related matter before the Supreme Court.
"A four-year-old elephant calf was electrocuted after it came into contact with an electrified fence in a farm in Burugur forest area here", police said today.
Claiming a "broad consensus" on the long pending GST Bill, Union Minister M Venkiah Naidu on Sunday said the Centre was "very serious" about its passage in the monsoon session of parliament, but virtually rejected Congress' demand for a tax rate cap terming it "not feasible and advisable".
Swathi was waiting at the Nungambakkam railway station to board a suburban train when P Ramkumar hacked her to death on June 24.
According to officials, the raid was conducted at several places in Chennai.
This is the second 1,000 MW pressurised water reactor to go critical in the country. The first unit at Kudankulam went critical in July 2013.
The first 1,000 MW unit of Kudankulam atomic power project, which is located in Tirunelvelli district, is already functional.
Jayalalithaa said: "India must take strong diplomatic offensive to uphold the rights and interests of Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu."
The labourers were engaged in digging operations when the sand suddenly caved in .
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe Thursday expressed hope that the fishermen issue with India would be resolved as talks were going on at different levels, even as more than 40 Indian fishermen have been arrested by Lankan Navy this month.
The two students of Madha Medical College near here involved in throwing a dog from the roof top of a multi-story building were arrested and let out on bail on Wednesday, police said.
A private medical college here suspended two of its students on Wednesday after they were earlier in the day arrested and subsequently released on bail for throwing a dog from a terrace.
Central Intelligence agencies and Tamil Nadu police have taken into custody the wife and some family members of a suspected ISIS terrorist who was arrested in West Bengal, police said.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday dismissed a criminal case against influential Tamil author Perumal Murugan for allegedly offending religious sentiments in his book, 'Madhorubagan'.
The dog, which is now being addressed by animal lovers as 'Bhadra', has been brought to Madras Veterinary College in Vepery for medical treatment.
This news will surely bring smile on the faces of people who were praying for well-being of the Chennai dog who was thrown from rooftop by an MBBS student.
P. Ramkumar, the suspected killer of Infosys engineer S. Swathi, on Tuesday pleaded not guilty in the sensational murder case and told police that he is being framed in the case.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had earlier said the investigation into the alleged Aircel-Maxis scam was at a "critical stage".
P. Ramkumar told police that he was verbally abused about his physical appearance by S. Swathi that enraged him the most.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year