In a disturbing video, a child, said to be four-year-old, is seen being forced to drink alcohol.
Madras High Court on Monday directed Tamil Nadu government to set up within a week a monitoring committee to look into allegations of non-compliance of earmarking 25 percent of seats in schools for weaker sections as per the Right To Education Act and demands for capitation fee.
A woman and her daughter were found dead in their house near Chinnakokilankulam in this district on Monday.
A patch of grass, close to the runway of the airport here, caught fire on Monday when bird watchers burst some crackers to scare away birds that pose problem in airport operations.
Fourteen fishermen from this coastal town, who were arrested last month by Sri Lankan naval personnel and whose remand was extended to July 17 by a court in the island nation, began an indefinite fast there on Monday, demanding that they be released.
People of Tamil Nadu desire a political change sans the ruling AIADMK and DMK and such a transformation would be led by the BJP, Minister of State for Shipping, Pon Radhakrishnan said on Monday.
A woman and her daughter were found dead in their house near Chinnakokilankulam in this district Monday.
The M Karunanidhi-led DMK on Monday moved Supreme Court to challenge the acquittal of AIADMK general secretary and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in the disproportionate assets case by the Karnataka High Court recently.
Three persons including a Sub Inspector of police have been injured in a clash between two groups of people at Thangachimadam in this island, police said on Monday.
Tamil Nadu government on on Sunday requested the Centre to increase its quota of Hajj pilgrims for this year and sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention in this regard.
NDA ally PMK Chief Ramadoss on Saturday said socio-economic census revealed appalling living conditions of rural India and urged action to address "inequality and underdevelopment."
Days after securing a thumping victory in the RK Nagar bypoll here, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Saturday took oath as MLA.
Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko on Saturday called for protection to be accorded to the Mullaperiyar Dam on the Periyar River, claiming that the Kerala government wants to destroy it.
Manitha Neya Makkal Katchi (MMK) President MH Jawahirullah, MLA, on Friday alleged that a few organisations were trying to give a communal colour to the recent violence in Ambur in Vellore District recently.
DMK treasurer MK Stalin on Friday urged the Tamil Nadu government to convene the assembly session and table the Demands for Grants to various departments.
In an initiative aimed at helping lactating mothers who travel, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today ordered setting up of separate rooms in bus terminals across the state to help them feed their babies in privacy.
The long awaited electric train service between Coimbatore and Mettupalayam commenced operations today.
About 30 to 40 fishermen were attacked allegedly by their Sri Lankan counterparts off Kodiakarai coast, who damaged their nets worth Rs 6 crore and threw the catch into the sea, a fisheries department official said.
The war of words between arch-rivals DMK and AIADMK over Metro Rail continued on Friday with the former asking Chief Minister Jayalalithaa to clarify when her government had taken a decision about the project.
A court in Sri Lanka today extended till July 17 the remand of 14 fishermen arrested on June 2 by the island nation's naval personnel on charges of illegal fishing.
Alleging "large-scale booth capturing" and "rigging" by the J Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK during the recent bye-election to R K Nagar Assembly segment in Chennai, CPI today demanded that Election Commission conduct an enquiry into the matter "without further delay".
DMK president Karunanidhi on Thursday said the Tamil Nadu government should formally provide the details related to Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's illness as the people would be interested in knowing it.
Maoists, who were arrested two months ago from the city outskirts, on Thursday alleged that they were being tortured by Kerala police while in their custody and wanted to confess certain things, by threatening of dire consequences.
DMK treasurer M K Stalin on Thursday accused Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer of being biased in favour of ruling AIADMK in the June 27 bypoll in R K Nagar, from where Chief Minister Jayalalithaa won by a huge margin.
In an incident that is bound to draw a lot of criticism, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) treasurer MK Stalin was on Wednesday caught slapping a man onboard the newly-launched Chennai Metro Rail services.
Six persons were arrested here on Thursday in connection with the death of a Dalit engineer, whose body was found on the railway track near Pallipallayam in the district on June 27, police said.
AIADMK on Wednesday hosted an Iftar party here in which several prominent Muslims participated though its supremo Jayalalithaa was forced to skip the event as she fell unwell.
The Metro Rail fever seems to have caught up with politicians, with DMK Treasurer M K Stalin and DMDK founder Vijayakant taking a ride in the newly launched services here today.
The Metro Rail fever seems to have caught up with politicians, with DMK Treasurer MK Stalin and DMDK founder Vijayakant taking a ride in the newly launched services here on Wednesday.
About 250 fishermen began an indefinite fast in front of the bus stand here on Wednesday, demanding the release of 14 fishermen arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy since June 2, and also their boats.
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Genome sequencing brings woolly mammoth clones closer
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh