A district court here on Wednesday extended till July 2 the custody of five Maoists, including front ranking leaders Roopesh and his wife Shyna.
After taking up the cause of farmers in Punjab and Telangana, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Tamil Nadu for a similar campaign, the party's state unit said on Wednesday.
Three pavement dwellers, including two elderly women, were killed on the spot and four others injured after a speeding motorcycle ran over them early Wednesday morning, police said.
Cutting of a 92 kilo cake and release of as many pigeons were among the highlights of the state-wide celebrations of the 92nd birthday of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi by party workers on Wednesday.
Andhra Pradesh has released 1,000 cusecs water from Kandaleru reservoir after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa took up the matter with her counterpart N Chandrababu Naidu, the state government said on Tuesday.
DMK on Tuesday criticised the Centre government for being 'adamant' by re-promulgating the land ordinance for an 'unprecedented' third time, saying it exposed the ruling BJP's 'double standards' on the issue.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to secure the release of 14 fishermen who were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy and their three seized boats.
IIT-Madras on Tuesday called an emergency meeting of its Board of Students to discuss the derecognition of student group Ambedkar Periyar Study Circle (APSC), which is insisting on rollback of the action and an apology.
Students of Law College boycotted their classes for the second day on Tuesday protesting against the de-recognition of an IIT Madras students' body allegedly for being critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Sri Lankan Navy has captured 15 Indian fishermen and seized three boats for allegedly poaching on Sri Lankan waters, as per news reports on Tuesday.
Separate teams of flying squads, static and video surveillance squads have been formed to monitor election expenditure to the RK Nagar Assembly constituency bypoll on June 27, from where AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will contest.
Opposition parties in Tamil Nadu on Monday welcomed Karnataka government's decision to appeal against Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's acquittal in a wealth case, with DMK terming it as the "right" step by the ruling Congress.
Congress and PMK on Monday welcomed the Karnataka government's decision to appeal against acquittal of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a wealth case.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Monday ordered easing of 'Restrictions and Controls' entailing substantial power cuts for High Tension electricity consumers from June 5.
After DMK and PMK, Vaiko-led MDMK on Monday announced boycotting the June 27 bypoll to Radhakrishnan Nagar constituency here, from where AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is contesting.
DMK and Dalit outfit VCK on Monday staged protests against the derecognition of a students' body at IIT, Madras after a complaint that it was critical of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Throwing up a fresh legal challenge to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, Karnataka government on Monday decided to file an appeal in the Supreme Court against her acquittal by the state High Court in the 19-year-old disproportionate assets case.
The students' wing of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Monday held a protest here over the alleged banning of a student group at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras for distributing controversial pamphlets.
AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Sunday announced a 50-member team, including all 28 of her ministers as election in-charge for the June 27 bypoll to Radhakrishnan Nagar constituency, from where she is contesting to return as an MLA.
Tamil Nadu government on Sunday sought Centre's intervention in early transportation of the body of a fisherman from the state killed in Saudi Arabia and also take up the issue of monetary benefits due to his family.
supremo Jayalalithaa today announced a 50-member team, including all 28 of her ministers as election in-charge for the June 27 bypoll to Radhakrishnan Nagar constituency, from where she is contesting to return as an MLA.
The National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) has sent a notice to IIT Madras over the controversial ban of a students group whose members are mainly Dalits even as DMK Chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "direct intervention" for revocation of the order.
Castigating Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani for "authoritarian" interference that allegedly led to de-recognition of a students' body at IIT Madras, DMK leader M Karunanidhi today sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "direct intervention" for revocation of the order and to restore "peace" on the campus.
BJP's southern ally PMK on Sunday hit out at the NDA government at the Centre for re-promulgating the land ordinance for the third time, saying it was an "insult" to Parliament and the move amounted to "not respecting" people's sentiments.
A 42-year old Indian fisherman from this district has been shot dead in an attack by pirates in Saudi Arabian sea, according to information received by his family on Saturday.
Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday said the decision to revoke the ban imposed by Indian institute of Technology (IIT) Madras on Ambedkar-Periyar Study Circle (APSC) lies with the students` council of the institution, and added that such a move cannot be taken on the basis of a `whim` of a political organisation.
Karnataka government would take a call "as early as possible" on "merits" on the issue of filing an appeal against acquittal of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the disproportionate assets case, state Law Minister T B Jayachandra said Saturday.
Expressing concern over a report on the Sri Lankan army's "continued occupation" of traditional Tamil homeland, DMK on Saturday said it showed that the scene has not changed despite a change of guard in the island republic.
CPI's Tamil Nadu unit on Saturday said it would take a decision on June 1 on whether to contest the June 27 bypoll to Radhakrishna Nagar constituency in Chennai, from where AIADMK General Secretary Jayalalithaa is contesting following her return as Chief Minister.
Twenty-three fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Kerala, who were arrested by Naval authorities at Diego Garcia on May 11 for illegally fishing in their territorial waters, have been released, a fisheries department official said on Saturday.
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- India will pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia's case against Pakistan if SC permits: Sushma Swaraj
- Exclusive: Candid chat with superstar Amitabh Bachchan!
- Vidya Balan gets honorary doctorate for her contribution to Indian cinema
- RBI cuts repo rate by 0.25% to 7.25%
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- How to store food during summer!
- Names of CIC, CVC chiefs cleared; list sent for President's assent
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter visits Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- Modi govt’s novel initiative: ‘khoya-paya’ web portal to track missing children launched
- Ravi Shastri appointed Team India's interim coach for Bangladesh tour
- Minorities are as much a part of India as anyone else: PM Modi assures Muslim leaders
- Assam Board Class 10th Results: SEBA HSLC/AHM Class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM on resultsassam.nic.in
- ‘Make in India’ lion came from Switzerland?
- Drought fears grow as IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon
- SEBA Result 2015: Check resultsassam.nic.in, ahsec.nic.in, seba.net.in for Assam Board HSLC Class 10 exam result shortly