Normal life was not affected in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday due to the nationwide strike called by 10 central trade unions and supported by several labour unions in different sectors.
Tamil Nadu Government has allocated Rs 1,080 crore for distribution of laptops this fiscal under the free laptop scheme, one of the flagship schemes of ruling AIADMK, school education Minister K C Veeramani said today.
Hours after Sri Lankan Navy apprehended 16 Indian fishermen for allegedly violating the International Maritime Boundary, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention for their release along with their boats.
Tamil Nadu government today said the translation of Tamil classic 'Tirukkural', which was penned by saint-poet Tiruvalluvar, into Mandarin has been completed.
About 50 activists of various political parties and organisations were arrested here on Tuesday when they tried to stage a 'rail roko', demanding employment to Tamils in Central government offices in the state.
Sixteen fishermen from Jagadhapattinam in Pudukottai district were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy on charges of violating the International Maritime Boundary Line this morning, Fisheries Department officials said here.
Madurai, Aug 31 (PTI) Tamil Nadu Congress unit chief E V K S Elangovan today said the prospects were bright for a coalition government after the near year's assembly elections.
Condoling the coracle mishap in Hogenakkal in which six members of a family were drowned, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today ordered police and district administration to take legal action against those responsible for the tragedy.
Ahead of next year's assembly polls, DMK treasurer MK Stalin on Sunday launched a mobile application to connect better with young tech-savy voters and also sought their inputs to develop Tamil Nadu.
Police are on the look out for two persons, who escaped after inflicting knife injuries on the crew of a private bus last night in the city.
A cockroach found in Aavin milk packet triggered shock and surprise among the consumers in the city.
What can Re one get you in these days of escalating costs? A full meal no less, at a mess run by a service-minded man here for attenders of poor patients at the government headquarters hospital here.
A polytechnic student, who stole Rs 5 lakh from an aged couple, for the treatment of his ailing mother, returned Rs 4.5 lakh plus his motorcycle after his mother died at Periyar Nagar in this town on Wednesday.
Opposition parties including Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and CPI(M) staged a walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly for the second day on Wednesday over issues including Mekedatu dam, stir by Neyveli Lignite Corporation employees and the recent violence in Seshasamudram village in Villupuram district.
The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday said a proposal to provide Satellite-based Information Devices for fishermen who venture into deep seas for fishing was under its consideration.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday announced that a memorial will be built here honouring legendary actor late Sivaji Ganesan.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi's private secretary Shanmuganathan on Tuesday claimed he received a phone call from CBI to appear before it in connection with the audio tapes the agency is probing that purportedly has conversations linked to money trail of the 2G spectrum scam.
Madras High Court bench here on Tuesday acquitted seven persons sentenced to life imprisonment by a lower court in a murder case holding that the complaint of the primary witness had not been marked by police.
The National Human Rights Commission on Tuesday issued a notice to Tamil Nadu government calling for a report within four weeks in connection with the rescue of 52 bonded labourers, mostly minors, from a bore-well firm in Chennai.
A rebel DMDK legislator on Tuesday hailed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa as yet another "Anna", drawing loud thumping of desks by the ruling AIADMK members.
DMK on Tuesday staged a walk out in the Tamil Nadu Assembly after its plea for speaking in the House after a statement by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on health sector projects was turned down by Speaker P Dhanapal.
Master health check-up plans, including a special one for women and Rs 120 crore allocation for Adyar Cancer Institute here, are among highlights of the Rs 500 crore worth of health schemes announced by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the Assembly on Tuesday.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday filed an affidavit in Supreme Court against appeals challenging her acquittal in the disproportionate assets case.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Sunday appealed to party workers to end their state-wide protests against TNCC president E V K S Elangovan for his alleged derogatory remarks over her August 7 meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi here.
Congress on Saturday asked Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa to direct her party cadres to end the agitation against TNCC president E V K S Elangovan over his alleged remarks against her.
Former Telecom Minister A Raja on Saturday said there "seemed" a "hidden agenda and politics" behind CBI lodging a fresh disproportionate assets case against him.
Dejected over being sacked from his job for "negligence" in duty, a 70-year-old watchman allegedly starved himself to death in his house here, police said.
AIADMK on WEdnesday sought an apology from Tamil Nadu Congress president EVKS Elangovan for his alleged remarks on the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa as protests by the ruling party men and BJP continued in the state.
Tamil Nadu Congress chief EVKS Elangovan has stirred a row by saying that CM Jayalalithaa and Prime Minister Narendra Modi “should make public their special friendship”.
Hundreds of AIADMK workers, led by MLAs, Tuesday staged demonstrations at various places in the city and burnt effigies of TNCC Chief EVKS Elangovan, protesting his alleged remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa recently.
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Sheena murder: Police recover suitcase, was Mikhail Indrani's next target?
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- 'Dheere Dheere' reprise: Love song beautifully recreated with Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Manipur violence: Houses of state health minister, 5 MLAs set on fire; curfew imposed in Churachandpur
- Agreed to kill Sheena Bora after Indrani Mukerjea told me Vidhie's life was in danger: Sanjeev Khanna
- Who sent messages from Sheena's mobile to her boyfriend Rahul after she was murdered? - Read