A cockroach found in Aavin milk packet triggered shock and surprise among the consumers in the city.
What can Re one get you in these days of escalating costs? A full meal no less, at a mess run by a service-minded man here for attenders of poor patients at the government headquarters hospital here.
A polytechnic student, who stole Rs 5 lakh from an aged couple, for the treatment of his ailing mother, returned Rs 4.5 lakh plus his motorcycle after his mother died at Periyar Nagar in this town on Wednesday.
Opposition parties including Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and CPI(M) staged a walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly for the second day on Wednesday over issues including Mekedatu dam, stir by Neyveli Lignite Corporation employees and the recent violence in Seshasamudram village in Villupuram district.
The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday said a proposal to provide Satellite-based Information Devices for fishermen who venture into deep seas for fishing was under its consideration.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday announced that a memorial will be built here honouring legendary actor late Sivaji Ganesan.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi's private secretary Shanmuganathan on Tuesday claimed he received a phone call from CBI to appear before it in connection with the audio tapes the agency is probing that purportedly has conversations linked to money trail of the 2G spectrum scam.
Madras High Court bench here on Tuesday acquitted seven persons sentenced to life imprisonment by a lower court in a murder case holding that the complaint of the primary witness had not been marked by police.
The National Human Rights Commission on Tuesday issued a notice to Tamil Nadu government calling for a report within four weeks in connection with the rescue of 52 bonded labourers, mostly minors, from a bore-well firm in Chennai.
A rebel DMDK legislator on Tuesday hailed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa as yet another "Anna", drawing loud thumping of desks by the ruling AIADMK members.
DMK on Tuesday staged a walk out in the Tamil Nadu Assembly after its plea for speaking in the House after a statement by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on health sector projects was turned down by Speaker P Dhanapal.
Master health check-up plans, including a special one for women and Rs 120 crore allocation for Adyar Cancer Institute here, are among highlights of the Rs 500 crore worth of health schemes announced by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the Assembly on Tuesday.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday filed an affidavit in Supreme Court against appeals challenging her acquittal in the disproportionate assets case.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Sunday appealed to party workers to end their state-wide protests against TNCC president E V K S Elangovan for his alleged derogatory remarks over her August 7 meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi here.
Congress on Saturday asked Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa to direct her party cadres to end the agitation against TNCC president E V K S Elangovan over his alleged remarks against her.
Former Telecom Minister A Raja on Saturday said there "seemed" a "hidden agenda and politics" behind CBI lodging a fresh disproportionate assets case against him.
Dejected over being sacked from his job for "negligence" in duty, a 70-year-old watchman allegedly starved himself to death in his house here, police said.
AIADMK on WEdnesday sought an apology from Tamil Nadu Congress president EVKS Elangovan for his alleged remarks on the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa as protests by the ruling party men and BJP continued in the state.
Tamil Nadu Congress chief EVKS Elangovan has stirred a row by saying that CM Jayalalithaa and Prime Minister Narendra Modi “should make public their special friendship”.
Hundreds of AIADMK workers, led by MLAs, Tuesday staged demonstrations at various places in the city and burnt effigies of TNCC Chief EVKS Elangovan, protesting his alleged remarks against Chief Minister Jayalalithaa recently.
The "online application based" rally` of recruitment to the Indian Army for Tamil Nadu and the union territory would be held here from September 4 to 13.
A woman divorced on the ground of adulterous conduct cannot claim maintenance from her ex-husband, the Madras High Court has ruled.
Sounding the poll bugle well ahead of next year's Assembly elections, AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday told party workers to reach out to all the 5.62 crore voters in Tamil Nadu and announced the appointment of vote canvassers for the mammoth task.
About 1.40 kg of gold valued at Rs 36.41 lakh has been seized from six passengers who arrived here by different flights from Singapore and Malaysia, airport officials said.
Madras High Court today dismissed a PIL challenging appointment of the state Chief Information Commissioner for reportedly violating a section of the RTI Act, which mandates that the Leader of the Opposition be consulted before it is done.
The Tamil Nadu government on Friday said it would take legal action against those who torched a state-run liquor outlet in the city, injuring an employee.
A 21-year-old girl student was run over by a train near Mettupalayam when she was attempting to cross the railway track, police said today.
In line with the decision to set up a memorial for former president APJ Abdul Kalam, a team of officials from the Centre and state government have visited the place where he was laid to rest in this island town.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday ordered issue of notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on a petition challenging appointment of Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) and Information Commissioners.
A portion of the false ceiling near the domestic arrival area at the airport fell down today creating panic among the people, airport sources here said.
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- Watch: Wife caught husband with his girlfriend at Goa airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Pak targets civilian areas in Jammu; 2 killed, 16 injured
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Baankey Ki Crazy Baraat movie review: A whimsical entourage
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Aurangzeb Road to be renamed as APJ Abdul Kalam Road: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Seven simple ways to get relief from period cramps!
- Was Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna 'paid heavily' to be part of Sheena's murder?
- All you need to know about Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed