BJP, an alliance partner of the ruling AINRC, on Tuesday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy ensure that the free rice scheme for all sections of people be restricted to cover the poor and have-nots by adopting the income basis.
Describing the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls as "crucial", CPI today said there was a need to defeat BJP in the forthcoming polls and also emphasized on the "reunification of the communist movement" in the wake of assembly polls due in several states next year.
BJP's Puducherry unit on Wednesday took exception to modification in Centralised Admission Committee guidelines for selection of students under government quota for admission to various professional colleges.
Freedom fighter and former Puducherry minister Dhakshinamurthy Mudaliar has died, his family sources said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday left for Chandigarh to meet the family of a debt-ridden farmer who had interacted with him earlier and committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance.
Special yoga demonstration by around 3,500 school students and programmes by the departments of Tourism and Indian system of Medicine and Homeopathy are part of a series of programmes drawn up by the government to mark International Yoga Day on June 21.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Sunday said promises given on the floor of the House and also outside were being fulfilled and speedy steps taken to implement the assurances.
Puducherry government has for the first time rolled out monthly pension scheme for media persons in the Union Territory.
BJP MLA M Visweswaran on Friday said in a Union Territory, the Lt Governor, who is the Administrator, is the higher authority and the elected government can aid and advise him.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Thursday said that a Rs 50 crore super speciality hospital would soon come up in Karaikal.
All eligible persons would be covered under the old age pension scheme under which a monthly assistance of Rs 1,100 is extended, Puducherry Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Friday.
AICC general secretary V Narayanasamy on Thursday alleged that 'fake certificates' were issued to a good number of students to enable them to join the MBBS course in government-run Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute here under seats meant for students of Puducherry.
The Puducherry Fishermen Association has expressed strong protest against the government`s "delay" in disbursing relief to fishermen affected by natural calamities.
Puducherry government has drawn up a plan to offer short term courses in technical and non-technical streams to ensure unemployed youth augmented their skill and became employable or launched self employment projects.
As part of its initiatives to set up Energy Education Park in each State and Union Territory across the country, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has established one such park in Puducherry.
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE, talked about 'aspirations' at Chitkara University and Chandigarh Patiala University on Saturday. Over 1500 students attended the two sessions of DSC show.
A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit off Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday, within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India.
May Day was celebrated in the Union Territory of Puducherry with zeal and enthusiasm by various trade unions and labour outfits on Friday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy Wednesday said the Rs 6450 crore tax free budget he presented for fiscal 2015-2016 was "development oriented" and intended to augment the welfare of the people.
The Puducherry government would draw up a programme to felicitate E Valsaraj (Cong) and A M H Nazeem (DMK) who have completed 25 years as members of the House without break, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said on Tuesday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday informed the assembly that the government had been frequently persuading the Centre to bring Union Territory under the ambit of the Central Finance Commission so that Puducherry could enjoy the benefits of the states were now getting through the Finance Commission.
The Puducherry Assembly on Monday condoled the deaths of a large number of people in earthquake hit Nepal and wished speedy recovery to those injured.
Devotees Friday paid homage at the memorials of Aurobindo and The Mother (Mira Alfassa) here on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of the arrival of the Mother to carry out spiritual experiments in collaboration with Aurobindo.
Opposition AIADMK today said the announcements in the budget, presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy for fiscal 2015-2016, were all "aimed at pleasing the people and keeping next year Assembly polls in mind."
A minor boy studying in class XI at a school here was arrested for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl, police said today.
A strong plea for creation of a Legislative Assembly for Lakshdweep was made by an NCP member in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and it found instant support from BJP member representing the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy will present the budget of the Union Territory for the fiscal 2015-2016 on April 22.
CPI has registered strong protest against the hike effected in power tariff by Puducherry government.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday led the Union Territory of Puducherry to pay floral tributes to the champion of the poor and the downtrodden Dr BR Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
Four persons were injured today when a powerful bomb, apparently meant to target BSF personnel, exploded in Manipur's interior Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round
- FIH Hockey World League Semifinals: India vs Belgium - Preview
- England `heartbroken` after Women`s World Cup defeat