AICC general secretary V Narayanasamy on Thursday alleged that 'fake certificates' were issued to a good number of students to enable them to join the MBBS course in government-run Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute here under seats meant for students of Puducherry.
The Puducherry Fishermen Association has expressed strong protest against the government`s "delay" in disbursing relief to fishermen affected by natural calamities.
Puducherry government has drawn up a plan to offer short term courses in technical and non-technical streams to ensure unemployed youth augmented their skill and became employable or launched self employment projects.
As part of its initiatives to set up Energy Education Park in each State and Union Territory across the country, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has established one such park in Puducherry.
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE, talked about 'aspirations' at Chitkara University and Chandigarh Patiala University on Saturday. Over 1500 students attended the two sessions of DSC show.
A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit off Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday, within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India.
May Day was celebrated in the Union Territory of Puducherry with zeal and enthusiasm by various trade unions and labour outfits on Friday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy Wednesday said the Rs 6450 crore tax free budget he presented for fiscal 2015-2016 was "development oriented" and intended to augment the welfare of the people.
The Puducherry government would draw up a programme to felicitate E Valsaraj (Cong) and A M H Nazeem (DMK) who have completed 25 years as members of the House without break, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said on Tuesday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday informed the assembly that the government had been frequently persuading the Centre to bring Union Territory under the ambit of the Central Finance Commission so that Puducherry could enjoy the benefits of the states were now getting through the Finance Commission.
The Puducherry Assembly on Monday condoled the deaths of a large number of people in earthquake hit Nepal and wished speedy recovery to those injured.
Devotees Friday paid homage at the memorials of Aurobindo and The Mother (Mira Alfassa) here on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of the arrival of the Mother to carry out spiritual experiments in collaboration with Aurobindo.
Opposition AIADMK today said the announcements in the budget, presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy for fiscal 2015-2016, were all "aimed at pleasing the people and keeping next year Assembly polls in mind."
A minor boy studying in class XI at a school here was arrested for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl, police said today.
A strong plea for creation of a Legislative Assembly for Lakshdweep was made by an NCP member in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and it found instant support from BJP member representing the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy will present the budget of the Union Territory for the fiscal 2015-2016 on April 22.
CPI has registered strong protest against the hike effected in power tariff by Puducherry government.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday led the Union Territory of Puducherry to pay floral tributes to the champion of the poor and the downtrodden Dr BR Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
Four persons were injured today when a powerful bomb, apparently meant to target BSF personnel, exploded in Manipur's interior Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar.
The full-fledged Puducherry budget for 2015-16 would be presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy on April 22.
Christians in Meghalaya today celebrated Easter to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ, with religious fervour.
The Chandigarh administration here on Wednesday announced to give one time incentive grant of Rs one lakh to the union territory's boys and girls, who join the Armed Forces training academies as cadets and complete their courses successfully.
A delegation led by Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will visit Chandigarh on Tuesday to take stock of crops damaged by untimely rains and hailstorms in Haryana.
The menace of stray dogs has been on the rise in Chandigarh, with nearly 500 dog bite cases being reported from the city each month and the municipal authorities battling to find a solution to the problem.
CPI(M) on Friday slammed Chief Minister N Rangasamy and BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre for the `delay' in giving nod for finalising the size of the 2015-16 plan for the union territory which has forced presentation of vote on account by the territorial government.
The Puducherry Assembly was today adjourned sine die after transacting its scheduled business, including passing of the Appropriation (Vote on Account) Bill earmarking funds for the first three months of fiscal 2015-16.
The participation of top level leaders of Left parties in the 22nd five-day National Congress of CPI beginning here on Wednesday is a signal for reunification of these parties in the country, CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said here on Tuesday.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Saturday stressed the need for residents and industrialists to conserve water for sustainable development.
Daman and Diu Congress President Vishal Tandel resigned from the party and on Thursday joined the BJP.
A 20 member high power committee, headed by the Chief Secretary, has been formed by the government for implementing the 'Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) in the Union Territory.
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'