Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is set to assume charge as Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday.
The Congress party on Saturday formally elected senior leader V Narayanaswamy to be the new chief minister of Puducherry.
The Congress party is finally holding its legislature party meeting in Puducherry on Saturday. The party is yet to announce its Chief Ministerial candidate for the Union Territory.
Kiran Bedi named new Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
Campaigning ended on Saturday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry for May 16 Assembly polls, ringing the curtain down on the gruelling two-month-long exercise.
The quake struck at 9:33 PM at a depth of 10 kms, according to National Centre for Seismology.
Here's the real story of Chandigarh's biggest-ever "heist" of Rs 14 crore at Forever Diamonds in Sector 17.
Accusing the BJP-led NDA government and AINRC regime here of doing nothing for the welfare of the people of the union territory, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought mandate for DMK-Congress combine in the May 16 assembly elections to ensure all round development.
Incumbent Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday released her party's manifesto for Tamil Nadu as well as Puducherry, whose Assemblies go to election on May 16.
Election authorities here on Saturday found 366 nominations, including that of chief minister N Rangasamy, to be in order at the end of scrutiny of the papers filed by candidates contesting the May 16 Assembly polls in the Union Territory.
As the news of Chandigarh banning short skirts in discotheques spread like fire, Home Secretary Anurag Agarwal, Wednesday, clarified that the administration doesn't intends to do moral policing and no such policy has been approved.
In a bizarre way to stop 'anti-national' elements, the Chandigarh administration has decided to ban short skirts in discotheques.
The International Day of Yoga, which is celebrated every year on June 21, would be held in Chandigarh this year, said reports on Wednesday.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter Scale hit the Andaman islands in the wee hours on Wednesday.
Seeking to put a lid on speculations, the AIADMK unit here on Sunday said it would not have any truck with the ruling AINRC for the May 16 assembly elections in the union territory.
Even as most political parties in this Union Territory have announced their strategy for the May 16 assembly polls, the ruling AINRC is keeping everyone guessing as it is yet to spell out its plans.
The Election Commission will be in poll-bound Puducherry and Tamil Nadu for three days from Wednesday to take stock of their preparedness for staging the exercise.
Puducherry Chief Electoral Officer has said the EC had directed that small local newspapers and tabloids should also be under the scanner of the committees for checking against publication of paid news.
Maninder Dhillon was elected as Chandigarg Youth Congress president in 2012.
The Chandigarh administration has taken steps to regulate the sale of uniforms and other items belonging to Army, police and paramilitary forces to prevent terrorists from misusing them.
Anuj Saini, the son of late Nek Chand, said he was asked to “go out” of the Rock Garden despite having an entry card.
Famously known as the City of Gardens, Chandigarh has another feather in its cap.
The Chandigarh Airport has got a new terminal building, including an international terminal that was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on September 11 without the facility bearing a name.
Puducherry government is disbursing Rs 114.45 crore towards payment of flood relief to more than 2.86 lakh families affected by the floods.
Heavy rains pounded Puducherry overnight after a short relief with state agencies finding it tough to carry out rescue operations.
As much as 8,955 hectare area under paddy cultivation has been damaged by the unprecedented torrential rain that has hit the union territory.
Heavy rains on Friday pounded Puducherry, putting a brake on rescue and relief work in the Union Territory that has been lashed by torrential rain during the last one month.
Eight earthquakes, including two major ones, struck the Andaman and Nicobar islands in a span of eight hours on Sunday, with each measuring around five or more on the Richter Scale, but there was no tsunami alert.
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- DNA : Analysis of CBI's letter sent to Kirit Somaiya in Air India scam case
- Why Haryana DGP is teaching lessons of violence to common people?
- Why Haryana DGP is teaching lessons of violence to common people? Part II
- DNA : Rising cases of deaths due to floating billboards in India
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show teaches leadership qualities to youths
- DNA: Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots'
- DNA :Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots - Part II
- DNA: Today in History May 27, 2016
- Watch: Encounter between Indian Army and terrorists in Baramulla, J&K
- Advertisement hoarding falls on car in Hyderabad
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn
- Axis Bank raises Rs 2,430 cr from debentures
- 'GDP growth rate to be lower than CSO's forecast of 7.6% in FY16'
- Karan-Bipasha to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh