Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday asked doctors in Union Territory to serve people in villages so that health care services would be available to the poor.
Left parties staged a joint demonstration at the Head Post Office here, condemning the 'unchecked rise in corruption' under the NDA rule in the country.
Lakshadweep will roll out the Natonal Food Security law from August 1, taking the number of states and Union Territories that are implementing the law to 13.
Haryana government today named Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra as the brand ambassador for the 'Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao' campaign to promote the cause of girl child.
Volunteers of Puducherry unit of Aam Admi Party (AAP) staged a demonstration here on Sunday over the Vyapam scam and demanded that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minisrter Shivraj Singh Chouhan quit his post.
Speaker of Puducherry Assembly V Sabapathy paid floral tributes at the statue of the freedom fighter and former Deputy Prime Minister Babu Jagjivan Ram on the occasion of his 29th death anniversary on Monday.
BJP, an alliance partner of the ruling AINRC, on Tuesday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy ensure that the free rice scheme for all sections of people be restricted to cover the poor and have-nots by adopting the income basis.
Describing the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls as "crucial", CPI today said there was a need to defeat BJP in the forthcoming polls and also emphasized on the "reunification of the communist movement" in the wake of assembly polls due in several states next year.
BJP's Puducherry unit on Wednesday took exception to modification in Centralised Admission Committee guidelines for selection of students under government quota for admission to various professional colleges.
Freedom fighter and former Puducherry minister Dhakshinamurthy Mudaliar has died, his family sources said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Thursday left for Chandigarh to meet the family of a debt-ridden farmer who had interacted with him earlier and committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance.
Special yoga demonstration by around 3,500 school students and programmes by the departments of Tourism and Indian system of Medicine and Homeopathy are part of a series of programmes drawn up by the government to mark International Yoga Day on June 21.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Sunday said promises given on the floor of the House and also outside were being fulfilled and speedy steps taken to implement the assurances.
Puducherry government has for the first time rolled out monthly pension scheme for media persons in the Union Territory.
BJP MLA M Visweswaran on Friday said in a Union Territory, the Lt Governor, who is the Administrator, is the higher authority and the elected government can aid and advise him.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Thursday said that a Rs 50 crore super speciality hospital would soon come up in Karaikal.
All eligible persons would be covered under the old age pension scheme under which a monthly assistance of Rs 1,100 is extended, Puducherry Welfare Minister P Rajavelu said on Friday.
AICC general secretary V Narayanasamy on Thursday alleged that 'fake certificates' were issued to a good number of students to enable them to join the MBBS course in government-run Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute here under seats meant for students of Puducherry.
The Puducherry Fishermen Association has expressed strong protest against the government`s "delay" in disbursing relief to fishermen affected by natural calamities.
Puducherry government has drawn up a plan to offer short term courses in technical and non-technical streams to ensure unemployed youth augmented their skill and became employable or launched self employment projects.
As part of its initiatives to set up Energy Education Park in each State and Union Territory across the country, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has established one such park in Puducherry.
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE, talked about 'aspirations' at Chitkara University and Chandigarh Patiala University on Saturday. Over 1500 students attended the two sessions of DSC show.
A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit off Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday, within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India.
May Day was celebrated in the Union Territory of Puducherry with zeal and enthusiasm by various trade unions and labour outfits on Friday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy Wednesday said the Rs 6450 crore tax free budget he presented for fiscal 2015-2016 was "development oriented" and intended to augment the welfare of the people.
The Puducherry government would draw up a programme to felicitate E Valsaraj (Cong) and A M H Nazeem (DMK) who have completed 25 years as members of the House without break, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said on Tuesday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday informed the assembly that the government had been frequently persuading the Centre to bring Union Territory under the ambit of the Central Finance Commission so that Puducherry could enjoy the benefits of the states were now getting through the Finance Commission.
The Puducherry Assembly on Monday condoled the deaths of a large number of people in earthquake hit Nepal and wished speedy recovery to those injured.
Devotees Friday paid homage at the memorials of Aurobindo and The Mother (Mira Alfassa) here on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of the arrival of the Mother to carry out spiritual experiments in collaboration with Aurobindo.
Opposition AIADMK today said the announcements in the budget, presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy for fiscal 2015-2016, were all "aimed at pleasing the people and keeping next year Assembly polls in mind."
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Gurdaspur terror attack: No one taken hostage, confirms IG Border Zone
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Know what's making Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute thriller 'Ahlaya' a big hit
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya