The Communist Party of India (CPI) today alleged that there has been a spurt in atrocities against minorities and dalits in the country.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter Scale on Wednesday hit the Lakshadweep Sea region.
Chandigarh is the joint capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
The Puducherry unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday announced its support to the bandh called by several tamil outfits here, Friday, to condemn the violence against Tamils in Karnataka in the wake of Cauvery row.
Amidst concerns that drones are being flown in the strategically-important Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Army has asked the Union Territory administration to investigate the matter.
A 50-year-old private vehicle dealer was arrested at nearby Kalapet village on Tuesday for allegedly sexually abusing his two minor daughters.
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi today assumed office as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Faced with stiff resistance from Punjab's ruling and opposition parties, the Centre has put on hold the appointment of K J Aphons as an Administrator of Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Attacking Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi for allegedly interfering in the working of the government, the AAP Saturday said Centre is using similar tactics in the Union Territory the way it is doing in Delhi.
The plane was 280 kilometres east of Chennai when it fell off the radar.
A 60-year-old man from Delhi was found murdered in his hotel room in Panaji in Goa on Monday, an ANI report claimed.
The minor girl, who had accused former Goa minister Atanasio Monserratte of rape, has been admitted to the Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) here from the state-run protection home due to her 'abnormal behaviour', a senior police official said.
G Ragesh Chandra has been appointed as Secretary to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy.
Congress legislator VP Sivakolundhu was on Wednesday sworn-in as pro-tem speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi today banned use of sirens in cars of VIPs, which would also be applicable in escort and pilot vehicles of Raj Nivas.
The opposition AIADMK today appealed to the new Lt Governor Kiran Bedi to come out with a firm measure to ensure that a new government was formed in the Union Territory.
Senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy will on Monday meet Lt Governor Kiran Bedi here to stake claim to become the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is set to assume charge as Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday.
The Congress party on Saturday formally elected senior leader V Narayanaswamy to be the new chief minister of Puducherry.
The Congress party is finally holding its legislature party meeting in Puducherry on Saturday. The party is yet to announce its Chief Ministerial candidate for the Union Territory.
Kiran Bedi named new Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
Campaigning ended on Saturday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry for May 16 Assembly polls, ringing the curtain down on the gruelling two-month-long exercise.
The quake struck at 9:33 PM at a depth of 10 kms, according to National Centre for Seismology.
Here's the real story of Chandigarh's biggest-ever "heist" of Rs 14 crore at Forever Diamonds in Sector 17.
Accusing the BJP-led NDA government and AINRC regime here of doing nothing for the welfare of the people of the union territory, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought mandate for DMK-Congress combine in the May 16 assembly elections to ensure all round development.
Incumbent Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday released her party's manifesto for Tamil Nadu as well as Puducherry, whose Assemblies go to election on May 16.
Election authorities here on Saturday found 366 nominations, including that of chief minister N Rangasamy, to be in order at the end of scrutiny of the papers filed by candidates contesting the May 16 Assembly polls in the Union Territory.
As the news of Chandigarh banning short skirts in discotheques spread like fire, Home Secretary Anurag Agarwal, Wednesday, clarified that the administration doesn't intends to do moral policing and no such policy has been approved.
In a bizarre way to stop 'anti-national' elements, the Chandigarh administration has decided to ban short skirts in discotheques.
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- China confirms deal for eight attack submarines with Pakistan; may be deployed in Arabian Sea
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe