Amidst concerns that drones are being flown in the strategically-important Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Army has asked the Union Territory administration to investigate the matter.
A 50-year-old private vehicle dealer was arrested at nearby Kalapet village on Tuesday for allegedly sexually abusing his two minor daughters.
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi today assumed office as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Faced with stiff resistance from Punjab's ruling and opposition parties, the Centre has put on hold the appointment of K J Aphons as an Administrator of Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Attacking Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi for allegedly interfering in the working of the government, the AAP Saturday said Centre is using similar tactics in the Union Territory the way it is doing in Delhi.
The plane was 280 kilometres east of Chennai when it fell off the radar.
A 60-year-old man from Delhi was found murdered in his hotel room in Panaji in Goa on Monday, an ANI report claimed.
The minor girl, who had accused former Goa minister Atanasio Monserratte of rape, has been admitted to the Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) here from the state-run protection home due to her 'abnormal behaviour', a senior police official said.
G Ragesh Chandra has been appointed as Secretary to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy.
Congress legislator VP Sivakolundhu was on Wednesday sworn-in as pro-tem speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi today banned use of sirens in cars of VIPs, which would also be applicable in escort and pilot vehicles of Raj Nivas.
The opposition AIADMK today appealed to the new Lt Governor Kiran Bedi to come out with a firm measure to ensure that a new government was formed in the Union Territory.
Senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy will on Monday meet Lt Governor Kiran Bedi here to stake claim to become the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is set to assume charge as Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday.
The Congress party on Saturday formally elected senior leader V Narayanaswamy to be the new chief minister of Puducherry.
The Congress party is finally holding its legislature party meeting in Puducherry on Saturday. The party is yet to announce its Chief Ministerial candidate for the Union Territory.
Kiran Bedi named new Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
Campaigning ended on Saturday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry for May 16 Assembly polls, ringing the curtain down on the gruelling two-month-long exercise.
The quake struck at 9:33 PM at a depth of 10 kms, according to National Centre for Seismology.
Here's the real story of Chandigarh's biggest-ever "heist" of Rs 14 crore at Forever Diamonds in Sector 17.
Accusing the BJP-led NDA government and AINRC regime here of doing nothing for the welfare of the people of the union territory, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought mandate for DMK-Congress combine in the May 16 assembly elections to ensure all round development.
Incumbent Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday released her party's manifesto for Tamil Nadu as well as Puducherry, whose Assemblies go to election on May 16.
Election authorities here on Saturday found 366 nominations, including that of chief minister N Rangasamy, to be in order at the end of scrutiny of the papers filed by candidates contesting the May 16 Assembly polls in the Union Territory.
As the news of Chandigarh banning short skirts in discotheques spread like fire, Home Secretary Anurag Agarwal, Wednesday, clarified that the administration doesn't intends to do moral policing and no such policy has been approved.
In a bizarre way to stop 'anti-national' elements, the Chandigarh administration has decided to ban short skirts in discotheques.
The International Day of Yoga, which is celebrated every year on June 21, would be held in Chandigarh this year, said reports on Wednesday.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter Scale hit the Andaman islands in the wee hours on Wednesday.
Seeking to put a lid on speculations, the AIADMK unit here on Sunday said it would not have any truck with the ruling AINRC for the May 16 assembly elections in the union territory.
Even as most political parties in this Union Territory have announced their strategy for the May 16 assembly polls, the ruling AINRC is keeping everyone guessing as it is yet to spell out its plans.
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part IV
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part V
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- DNA: Today in History, 24th August, 2016
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- I've not made many fashion faux pas: Arjun Kapoor
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani
- Delhi court acquits man; orders trial of two women for false rape charge
- Vyapam scam: SC bench to pass an order on clarification
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi
- Ram Vilas Paswan favours ban on sugar futures
- Turkey has shown no evidence of Gulen coup role: US
- At least 73 dead as pre-dawn earthquake hits central Italy
- FC Pune City rope in ex-Chelsea, Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad