AICC general secretary V Narayanasamy on Thursday alleged that 'fake certificates' were issued to a good number of students to enable them to join the MBBS course in government-run Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute here under seats meant for students of Puducherry.
The Puducherry Fishermen Association has expressed strong protest against the government`s "delay" in disbursing relief to fishermen affected by natural calamities.
Puducherry government has drawn up a plan to offer short term courses in technical and non-technical streams to ensure unemployed youth augmented their skill and became employable or launched self employment projects.
As part of its initiatives to set up Energy Education Park in each State and Union Territory across the country, Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has established one such park in Puducherry.
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE, talked about 'aspirations' at Chitkara University and Chandigarh Patiala University on Saturday. Over 1500 students attended the two sessions of DSC show.
A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit off Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Friday, within a week of the high intensity quake that hit Nepal and adjoining areas including parts of India.
May Day was celebrated in the Union Territory of Puducherry with zeal and enthusiasm by various trade unions and labour outfits on Friday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy Wednesday said the Rs 6450 crore tax free budget he presented for fiscal 2015-2016 was "development oriented" and intended to augment the welfare of the people.
The Puducherry government would draw up a programme to felicitate E Valsaraj (Cong) and A M H Nazeem (DMK) who have completed 25 years as members of the House without break, Chief Minister N Rangasamy said on Tuesday.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Monday informed the assembly that the government had been frequently persuading the Centre to bring Union Territory under the ambit of the Central Finance Commission so that Puducherry could enjoy the benefits of the states were now getting through the Finance Commission.
The Puducherry Assembly on Monday condoled the deaths of a large number of people in earthquake hit Nepal and wished speedy recovery to those injured.
Devotees Friday paid homage at the memorials of Aurobindo and The Mother (Mira Alfassa) here on the occasion of the 95th anniversary of the arrival of the Mother to carry out spiritual experiments in collaboration with Aurobindo.
Opposition AIADMK today said the announcements in the budget, presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy for fiscal 2015-2016, were all "aimed at pleasing the people and keeping next year Assembly polls in mind."
A minor boy studying in class XI at a school here was arrested for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl, police said today.
A strong plea for creation of a Legislative Assembly for Lakshdweep was made by an NCP member in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday and it found instant support from BJP member representing the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy will present the budget of the Union Territory for the fiscal 2015-2016 on April 22.
CPI has registered strong protest against the hike effected in power tariff by Puducherry government.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Tuesday led the Union Territory of Puducherry to pay floral tributes to the champion of the poor and the downtrodden Dr BR Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
Four persons were injured today when a powerful bomb, apparently meant to target BSF personnel, exploded in Manipur's interior Churachandpur district bordering Myanmar.
The full-fledged Puducherry budget for 2015-16 would be presented by Chief Minister N Rangasamy on April 22.
Christians in Meghalaya today celebrated Easter to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ, with religious fervour.
The Chandigarh administration here on Wednesday announced to give one time incentive grant of Rs one lakh to the union territory's boys and girls, who join the Armed Forces training academies as cadets and complete their courses successfully.
A delegation led by Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will visit Chandigarh on Tuesday to take stock of crops damaged by untimely rains and hailstorms in Haryana.
The menace of stray dogs has been on the rise in Chandigarh, with nearly 500 dog bite cases being reported from the city each month and the municipal authorities battling to find a solution to the problem.
CPI(M) on Friday slammed Chief Minister N Rangasamy and BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre for the `delay' in giving nod for finalising the size of the 2015-16 plan for the union territory which has forced presentation of vote on account by the territorial government.
The Puducherry Assembly was today adjourned sine die after transacting its scheduled business, including passing of the Appropriation (Vote on Account) Bill earmarking funds for the first three months of fiscal 2015-16.
The participation of top level leaders of Left parties in the 22nd five-day National Congress of CPI beginning here on Wednesday is a signal for reunification of these parties in the country, CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said here on Tuesday.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Saturday stressed the need for residents and industrialists to conserve water for sustainable development.
Daman and Diu Congress President Vishal Tandel resigned from the party and on Thursday joined the BJP.
A 20 member high power committee, headed by the Chief Secretary, has been formed by the government for implementing the 'Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) in the Union Territory.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow