The Communist Party of India (CPI) today alleged that there has been a spurt in atrocities against minorities and dalits in the country.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter Scale on Wednesday hit the Lakshadweep Sea region.
Chandigarh is the joint capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
The Puducherry unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday announced its support to the bandh called by several tamil outfits here, Friday, to condemn the violence against Tamils in Karnataka in the wake of Cauvery row.
Amidst concerns that drones are being flown in the strategically-important Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Army has asked the Union Territory administration to investigate the matter.
A 50-year-old private vehicle dealer was arrested at nearby Kalapet village on Tuesday for allegedly sexually abusing his two minor daughters.
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi today assumed office as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Faced with stiff resistance from Punjab's ruling and opposition parties, the Centre has put on hold the appointment of K J Aphons as an Administrator of Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Attacking Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi for allegedly interfering in the working of the government, the AAP Saturday said Centre is using similar tactics in the Union Territory the way it is doing in Delhi.
The plane was 280 kilometres east of Chennai when it fell off the radar.
A 60-year-old man from Delhi was found murdered in his hotel room in Panaji in Goa on Monday, an ANI report claimed.
The minor girl, who had accused former Goa minister Atanasio Monserratte of rape, has been admitted to the Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) here from the state-run protection home due to her 'abnormal behaviour', a senior police official said.
G Ragesh Chandra has been appointed as Secretary to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy.
Congress legislator VP Sivakolundhu was on Wednesday sworn-in as pro-tem speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi today banned use of sirens in cars of VIPs, which would also be applicable in escort and pilot vehicles of Raj Nivas.
The opposition AIADMK today appealed to the new Lt Governor Kiran Bedi to come out with a firm measure to ensure that a new government was formed in the Union Territory.
Senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy will on Monday meet Lt Governor Kiran Bedi here to stake claim to become the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is set to assume charge as Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday.
The Congress party on Saturday formally elected senior leader V Narayanaswamy to be the new chief minister of Puducherry.
The Congress party is finally holding its legislature party meeting in Puducherry on Saturday. The party is yet to announce its Chief Ministerial candidate for the Union Territory.
Kiran Bedi named new Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
Campaigning ended on Saturday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry for May 16 Assembly polls, ringing the curtain down on the gruelling two-month-long exercise.
The quake struck at 9:33 PM at a depth of 10 kms, according to National Centre for Seismology.
Here's the real story of Chandigarh's biggest-ever "heist" of Rs 14 crore at Forever Diamonds in Sector 17.
Accusing the BJP-led NDA government and AINRC regime here of doing nothing for the welfare of the people of the union territory, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought mandate for DMK-Congress combine in the May 16 assembly elections to ensure all round development.
Incumbent Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday released her party's manifesto for Tamil Nadu as well as Puducherry, whose Assemblies go to election on May 16.
Election authorities here on Saturday found 366 nominations, including that of chief minister N Rangasamy, to be in order at the end of scrutiny of the papers filed by candidates contesting the May 16 Assembly polls in the Union Territory.
As the news of Chandigarh banning short skirts in discotheques spread like fire, Home Secretary Anurag Agarwal, Wednesday, clarified that the administration doesn't intends to do moral policing and no such policy has been approved.
In a bizarre way to stop 'anti-national' elements, the Chandigarh administration has decided to ban short skirts in discotheques.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Has Samajwadi Party resolved all its issues? - Watch panel discussion
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter