Narayanasamy won the Nellipthope Assembly bypoll, by defeating his immediate AIADMK rival Om Sakthi Segar by a margin of 11,144 votes.
The by-election was held on Saturday following the resignation of Congress member John Kumar so that Narayanasamy could contest and continue as the Chief Minister.
Amid tight security, voting took place for polls in Thanjavur, Aravakkurichi and for bypolls in Thirupparankundram in Tamil Nadu and the lone Nellithope seat in neighbouring Puducherry.
The Communist Party of India (CPI) today alleged that there has been a spurt in atrocities against minorities and dalits in the country.
A medium intensity earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter Scale on Wednesday hit the Lakshadweep Sea region.
Chandigarh is the joint capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
The Puducherry unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday announced its support to the bandh called by several tamil outfits here, Friday, to condemn the violence against Tamils in Karnataka in the wake of Cauvery row.
Amidst concerns that drones are being flown in the strategically-important Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Army has asked the Union Territory administration to investigate the matter.
A 50-year-old private vehicle dealer was arrested at nearby Kalapet village on Tuesday for allegedly sexually abusing his two minor daughters.
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi today assumed office as the 12th Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Faced with stiff resistance from Punjab's ruling and opposition parties, the Centre has put on hold the appointment of K J Aphons as an Administrator of Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Attacking Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi for allegedly interfering in the working of the government, the AAP Saturday said Centre is using similar tactics in the Union Territory the way it is doing in Delhi.
The plane was 280 kilometres east of Chennai when it fell off the radar.
A 60-year-old man from Delhi was found murdered in his hotel room in Panaji in Goa on Monday, an ANI report claimed.
The minor girl, who had accused former Goa minister Atanasio Monserratte of rape, has been admitted to the Institute of Psychiatry and Human Behaviour (IPHB) here from the state-run protection home due to her 'abnormal behaviour', a senior police official said.
G Ragesh Chandra has been appointed as Secretary to Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy.
Congress legislator VP Sivakolundhu was on Wednesday sworn-in as pro-tem speaker of Puducherry Assembly.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi today banned use of sirens in cars of VIPs, which would also be applicable in escort and pilot vehicles of Raj Nivas.
The opposition AIADMK today appealed to the new Lt Governor Kiran Bedi to come out with a firm measure to ensure that a new government was formed in the Union Territory.
Senior Congress leader V Narayanasamy will on Monday meet Lt Governor Kiran Bedi here to stake claim to become the Chief Minister of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday took oath as the Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi is set to assume charge as Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on Sunday.
The Congress party on Saturday formally elected senior leader V Narayanaswamy to be the new chief minister of Puducherry.
The Congress party is finally holding its legislature party meeting in Puducherry on Saturday. The party is yet to announce its Chief Ministerial candidate for the Union Territory.
Kiran Bedi named new Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
Campaigning ended on Saturday in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Puducherry for May 16 Assembly polls, ringing the curtain down on the gruelling two-month-long exercise.
The quake struck at 9:33 PM at a depth of 10 kms, according to National Centre for Seismology.
Here's the real story of Chandigarh's biggest-ever "heist" of Rs 14 crore at Forever Diamonds in Sector 17.
Accusing the BJP-led NDA government and AINRC regime here of doing nothing for the welfare of the people of the union territory, Congress President Sonia Gandhi Thursday sought mandate for DMK-Congress combine in the May 16 assembly elections to ensure all round development.
Incumbent Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Thursday released her party's manifesto for Tamil Nadu as well as Puducherry, whose Assemblies go to election on May 16.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Ruckus in Parliament on note ban continues
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- DNA: Congress and Rahul Gandhi's twitter accounts hacked
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Lucknow Metro trial run kicks off with women drivers steering first train
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- PM Narendra Modi sits in Rajya Sabha even during adjournment, chats with Opposition MPs
- Nagrota Attacks: Saddened by killings of jawans, Gautam Gambhir bats for strong action against Pakistan
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer extended till March 2017: Full details of Postpaid 4G data tariff plan
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer extended till March 2017: Key facts you should know
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits
- Eastern Command refutes Mamata Banerjee's allegations, says Army conducting routine exercise in West Bengal
- Funniest drop catch in history of cricket, Saeed Ajmal and Shoaib Malik embarrassed - Video
- 'Even 2.5 years after NDA came to power, people remember UPA for corruption'