Alleging that there is "jungle raj" in Samajwadi Party regime, prominent Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad today demanded imposition of President's rule in Uttar Pradesh.
Uttar Pradesh News
Two actors of Bhojpuri films were seriously injured in an acid attack in Narayanpur village here, police said today.
In fresh trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta NK Mehrotra has registered a case against him on complaint of an RTI activist of allegedly possessing assets disproportionate to known sources of income.
Five people from Gujarat were killed and another was seriously injured in a road accident near Chonk village under Kalpi police station area here, early Tuesday morning, police said.
Two minor boys of a family were killed and four others injured after a portion of their house collapsed here, police said on Tuesday.
A 23-year-old woman was allegedly shot dead by her father for planning to marry a youth from a different caste.
Three persons, including two children, were killed and 22 injured when the bus in which they were travelling rammed into a stationary truck on Basti-Faizabad national highway.
Five people were killed in a road accident inJalaun District of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday.
In a stinging attack on Uttar Pradesh governor Ram Naik, the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) on Monday said he was "working like a BJP worker and was unfit for any constitutional post".
Firebrand Hindutva leader Sadhvi Prachi was on Monday arrested while she was on her way to hold a Mahapanchayat on the eve-teasing issue in Paharpur village under Shergarh police station area.
Imagine waking up one day to see Rs 95.7 lakh crore in your bank account! That's what was in store for Urmila Yadav of Kanpur, a domestic help.
Uttar Pradesh BJP on Monday demanded a judicial or CBI probe into the mob violence and police firing in Hamirpur in which two villagers were killed after a girl immolated herself on being teased by some youths.
The Samajwadi Party on Monday sought an apology from Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik for 'denigrating' the dignity of the post and asked the Centre to dismiss him.
A day after a Zila Panchayat member was booked for "threatening" a police official here, a sub-inspector was today allegedly manhandled by a theft-case accused and his family members for probing a case against him, police said on Monday.
Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad was on Monday arrested along with his supporters here in Kaiserbagh area when he was going to hold a demonstration at Shahi Masjid in Hazratganj area, police said.
A high alert was sounded across Uttar Pradesh on Monday in the wake of a terror attack in Gurdaspur district of Punjab.
A licensed revolver along with cash Rs eight thousand were allegedly stolen from the car of former Etah MLA Praja Palan Verma in the district, police said on Monday.
Six persons here were taken injured after a clash broke out between two groups over alleged eve-teasing of a girl at Sanjak village in Shahpur area, police said on Monday.
As many as 319 persons have lost their lives in accidents on Yamuna Expressway since it was opened for traffic nearly three years ago with the highway on an average witnessing two mishaps every day.
Two villagers were killed in mob violence and police firing in Hamirpur district after a girl immolated herself on being teased by some youths, prompting the state government to suspend the Superintendent of Police and order magisterial inquiry on Saturday.
Two villagers were killed in violence and subsequent police firing when they tried to gherao the Biwanr police station here to lodge FIR against an eve-teasing accused, who allegedly abetted suicide of a teenage girl, police said on Sunday.
A local court here has sentenced a woman and her son-in-law to life imprisonment for murdering her husband nine years ago.
Jailed self-styled godman Asaram's ashram in Shahjahanpur district was found ransacked, police said on Sunday.
To protest against the VAT hike on petroleum products in the state, all petrol pumps in Uttar Pradesh will remain closed for six hours on Tuesday.
A massive anti-encroachment drive launched by the district authorities here in collaboration with the civic body, is gathering pace towards clearing the interiors of the city.
Central security agencies are assessing the threat to suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur and his social activist wife Nutan Thakur.
An Indian school bus carrying Nepalese children was allegedly set ablaze by a section of protesting Maoists along the Indo-Nepal border, police said.
The beheaded bodies of a couple were recovered from a railway track on the Lucknow-Varanasi section here on Saturday morning, police said.
Uttar Pradesh government Friday recommended CBI probe into murder of prime witness Akhil Gupta in a rape case against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
Uttar Pradesh government on Friday recommended a CBI probe into the death of Sara Singh, daughter-in-law of jailed former minister Amarmani Tripathi, in a car accident in Firozabad earlier this month.
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: India commemorates its historic win against Pakistan
- Special: Know how 'The Great Khali' trains young talents at his academy
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- Salman Khan's tweets on Yakub Memon: Right to express one's opinion or needless controversy?
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Know what's making Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute thriller 'Ahlaya' a big hit
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya