After the latest expansion, the Akhilesh Yadav government now has 32 cabinet ministers, nine ministers of state with independent charge and 19 MoS.
Uttar Pradesh News
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, who is on his Kisan Mahayatra through Uttar Pradesh, had a narrow escape at Agra on Saturday when he came in contact with a live electricity wire.
Communal tension was reported from Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district after dirty water was thrown at a temple on the first day of the Hindu festival of Navratri, police said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday began his road show and "Kisan Maha Yatra" after offering prayers at the Dwarkadheesh temple of Lord Krishna here.
The Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha and ABVP dominated the Allahabad University Students Union polls, with the RSS' students wing bagging the President's post.
Ahead of the foundation laying ceremony of Kanpur metro project on October 4, a poster war has begun between SP and BJP to take credit for it.
Driving licences application in Uttar Pradesh would be made online from October 1, an official said on Thursday.
In a major blow to Congress MP Shadi Lal Batra, a case has been registered against him after a woman accused him of raping her.
Tension gripped a village in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura district after a gang rape case involving youth from another community came to light early Wednesday and a 'mahapanchayat' has been called to discuss further action.
Taking a dig at the recent power struggle between Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party unit chief Shivpal Yadav, BJP President Amit Shah attacked the state's ruling party on Wednesday for doing nothing tangible for the people.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday accused the ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of "patronising" criminals, saying this was the reason why the law and order situation had collapsed in the state.
A day after Rahul Gandhi came under a shoe-attack during his road show at Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh, the grand old party witnessed another embarrassment today after a scuffle broke out between Congress supporters and Special Protection Group (SPG) guards today.
A gang of armed robbers allegedly barged into a house, assaulted the family and gang-raped their 12-year-old daughter in a nearby field on the outskirts of Lucknow on Tuesday night.
In a major blow to Congress, sedition case has been filed against 200 party workers for allegedly shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during a rally in UP's Moradabad.
In a huge embarrassment to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh, a married woman has accused party leader Ashok Pradhan and two others of raping her.
Amidst the heightened tension between India and Pakistan after the Uri attack, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said the doors of talks should not be closed and "dialogue can solve every problem".
The apex court has asked the agency to send the notice to Azam Khan for his personal appearance in the matter.
The Election Commission today said it will keep an eye on the role of police in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections slated next year, besides focusing on the use of money and muscle power.
In Uttar Pradesh, the Election Commission has directed the district magistrates and the superintendents of police to gear up for the state assembly election which is expected to be held early next year.
In yet another incident of medical apathy, a woman was forced to deliver her baby aboard a tonga (horse-drawn carriage) in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh.
A shameful incident has been reported from Uttar Pradesh's Moradabad.
"The Chief Minister has sanctioned Rs 15 lakh each for the families of 18 persons missing after Muzaffarnagar riots," an official spokesman said.
This reflects how much the RSS and the BJP are scared, Rahul said.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Naseem Zaidi on Monday held a long and exhaustive meeting with all District Magistrates and district police chiefs in Uttar Pradesh to discuss the coming assembly elections scheduled for early next year.
BJP leader Anurag Thakur on Monday condemned the shoe attack on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh, saying this is no way to convey anger against anybody.
A man on Monday threw a shoe at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during a road show of 'Kisan Yatra' Uttar Pradesh's Sitapur.
Tainted former UP Mines Minister Gayatri Prajapati, against whose reinduction a social activist had petitioned the Governor, was today sworn in along with three others, in perhaps the last expansion of the Akhilesh Yadav ministry before the 2017 UP Assembly polls.
All is not still not well in ruling Samajwadi Party, hit by family feud, as reflected in its sudden decision to abruptly cancel the proposed rally of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in Azamgarh on October 6.
Controversy shrouds the expansion of the Akhilesh Yadav ministry on Monday with a social activist throwing a spanner by challenging before Governor Ram Naik the possible re-entry of tainted former Mines Minister Gayatri Prajapati.
At least five persons were killed and three were left injured when a car in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in Bareilly district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Panel discussion on why Salman Khan is backing Pakistani actors
- Army chief, Defence Minister were monitoring surgical strikes in Pakistan
- Nawaz Sharif calls cabinet meeting after India's surgical strikes
- Liquor ban in Bihar is Illegal: Patna High Court
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- DNA: Today in History, 30th September, 2016
- DNA: Analysis of Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army's surgical strikes
- SC cancels RJD leader Shahabuddin's bail in a murder case
- Panel discussion on why Salman Khan is backing Pakistani actors - Part II
- We will soon make electricity from waste: PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- Pakistan in shock after Indian Army's surgical strikes: Manohar Parrikar
- UK doctor examines Jayalalithaa, various rumours about her health condition go viral
- Record blackmoney declaration: Rs 65,250 crore mopped up under Income Declaration Scheme
- Ravi Shastri lashes out at Virat Kohli for flop show in 1st innings at Eden Gardens
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Massive titanosaur footprints found in Gobi desert
- Pak Army in panic mode as public backlash looms large after India's surgical strikes
- US talks tough, objects to Pakistan's nuclear warfare threats against India
- Beijing extends its veto on India’s move to blacklist Masood Azhar at UN