Naik told reporters that he has received a call from Dayashanker's daughter seeking an appointment with him.
Uttar Pradesh News
The row over Dayashankar's comments seemed to be on the back burner for now after Siddiqui allegedly said “Bring Dayashankar’s daughter... Bring ... Bring Dayashankar wife,” to protest against the remarks.
BJP workers in Lucknow attempted to ghearo the Chief Minister's residence and the collectorate office.
Akhilesh Yadav, while condemning Dayashankar's slur against Mayawati, takes a dig at BSP and BJP.
The Congress Party on Saturday formally launched its Uttar Pradesh Assembly election campaign with party president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi flagging off a bus yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal' from the party office in the national capital.
According to Congress Kanpur city unit chief Har Prakash Agnihotri, party leaders Sheila Dikshit, Raj Babbar and Ghulam Nabi Azad are expected to be present on the occasion.
An FIR was lodged against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati and three others by the family of former BJP Vice President Daya Shankar Singh at Hazratganj police station on Friday.
In a twist to the Mayawati slur row, the Uttar Pradesh police on Friday filed an FIR against the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief.
Apologising on her son`s behalf, expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh`s mother on Friday said that he had done no wrong.
According to Mayawati, the wife and daughter of expelled BJP leader Dayashankar have been targeted to make them feel the impact of obscene comments
The AIIMS hospital is being set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) at an estimated cost of Rs 1,011 crore.
Seers and the various religious orders can play a major role in making India modern and prosperous, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said, noting that many of them have taken up public welfare works like building toilets and providing health care facilities.
The BSP workers are using the same kind of offensive language against women that they are protesting against being used for their leader Mayawati, said the Uttar Pradesh unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday.
"What crime has my daughter committed that BSP workers are abusing her."
Dayashankar Singh, the sacked UP BJP leader,a is likely to surrender before the state police any time soon, said sources on Friday.
PM Modi is scheduled to visit the Gorakhpur city on Friday where he will fulfil two promises made by him during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls – setting up an AIIMS hospital and second revival of the fertilizer unit.
The BJP has no chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh despite having already suffered defeat in Bihar on fighting elections in name of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, says Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh.
Hundreds of BSP workers on Thursday took to the streets here demanding the immediate arrest of Dayashankar Singh for his derogatory remarks against party supremo Mayawati even as police carried out raids in Lucknow and Ballia to trace the now expelled BJP leader and detained his brother.
Expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dayashankar Singh hit back at Mayawati for insulting women community in her speech yesterday.
BSP former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati said the Dalits across the nation see her as a `devi`.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Thursday came to the defense of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mayawati over Daya Shankar Singh's slur comparing her to a prostitute.
In a major development, two persons were arrested from a temple in Pratapgarh district of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday.
Enraged with Dayashankar Singh's derogatory remark against Mayawati, BSP workers staged a protest on Thursday.
Dayashankar Singh said, “Mayawati is breaking the dream of Kanshi Ram into pieces. Mayawati is selling tickets like a...."
BJP state president Keshav Prasad Maurya condemned Dayashankar Singh's remarks.
Hitting out at the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir for its "failure" on a range of issues, SP leader Amar Singh said Kashmiri Pandits will be rehabilitated in Uttar Pradesh.
BJP Uttar Pradesh vice-president Daya Shankar Singh triggered a controversy after made objectionable remarks against BSP supremo Mayawati.
A senior BJP leader in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday stoked a major row by making derogatory remarks against BSP chief Mayawati.
A visibly agitated BSP supremo Mayawati on Wednesday slammed the BJP after its Uttar Pradesh state vice president compared her to a prostitute.
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain