Prime Minister Narendra Modi has arrived in Varanasi, his Lok Sabha constituency, where he is set to launch a number of ambitious projects including a 1,500-km-long gas pipeline costing Rs 51,000 crore and doubling of railway tracks on a busy route.
Uttar Pradesh News
Shivpal Yadav on Monday launched an all out attack against UP CM Akhilesh Yadav.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is trying hard to play a peacemaker between his son Akhilesh Yadav and his brother Shivpal Singh Yadav.
At the Samajwadi Party meeting here, Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav and UP CM Akhilesh Yadav traded charges at each other on dais.
Eight jawans of the Special Frontier Force (1 Archer) were injured, three of them critically, after the Army truck in which they were traveling overturned on the highway near Sahanpur area in Najibabad tehsil, police said on Monday.
PM Narendra Modi on Monday, while addressing a rally in UP's Mahoba, lashed out at people advocating 'triple talaq'.
Now, the war within the Samajwadi Party is all out in the open.
Supporters of Akhilesh Yadav and his uncle and SP leader Shivpal Yadav clashed outside the party office in Lucknow on Monday.
The tussle in Samajwadi Party began last month when Mulayam Singh Yadav replaced Akhilesh Yadav with his uncle Shivpal Yadav to the post of UP party chief.
Know how the political rift within the Samajwadi Party ahead of crucial Assembly Elections unfolded.
A senior spokesperson of the Uttar Pradesh unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), I P Singh, on Monday held Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav responsible for the political crisis in the party.
Ramgopal said he had no grievances over his expulsion from the party but the "cheap allegations levelled against me have defintely hurt me deeply."
In a Facebook post, Justice Katju said "I will be appearing before the Supreme Court in the Soumya case on 11th November at 2 PM."
While Akhilesh sacked Shivpal, party's state unit chief, along with three other "pro-Amar Singh" ministers from Cabinet, his father dismissed Ram Gopal, pro-CM cousin from party for six years.
"It is happening due to one single outsider who has penetrated into the ruling party?s family and I have been apprising my colleagues about his detrimental presence in the party. Had a serious and severe action been taken, the damage could have been averted," he said.
Sacked UP minister Shivpal Yadav today said his removal from the Akhilesh ministry was an attempt by some people to weaken the Samajwadi Party and that he was not worried about being dropped, asserting that the upcoming Assembly polls would be fought under the leadership of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Shortly after the sacking, Shivpal Singh Yadav said that Ram Gopal betrayed the party in order to save his son and daughter-in-law from a CBI case.
In a major twist to the entire Samajwadi Party family tussle, Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday expelled state party president Shivpal Yadav from the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet.
The letter comes just ahead of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's key meet with party MLAs, MLCs
The political rift between Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi party (SP) state unit chief Shivpal Singh Yadav seems to have widened further with former not attending party meeting despite being invited by the latter.
The meeting has been called at the chief minister's official 5, Kalidas Marg residence, a day before SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav meets the party legislators at the state headquarters on Vikramaditya Marg.
Student leader from Lucknow University Abhishek Singh `Ashu` has been given charge of the SP Yuvjan Sabha.
The Samajwadi Party on Saturday supported the move of expelling party MLC Udayveer Singh for six years and said that the party has been known for discipline so nobody would be allowed to continue being undisciplined.
In yet another sign of worsening infighting in Samajwadi Party, MLC Udayveer Singh was on Saturday expelled from the party, a day after he accused Mulayam Singh’s second wife of being part of a conspiracy against Uttar Pradesh CM.
BJP member Rita Bahuguna Joshi said the Yadav family feud within the Samajwadi Party (SP) would be beneficial for the former in the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Saturday said the Samajwadi Party (SP) growing family drama suggest they are not concerned about the people of Uttar Pradesh, and added that the people of the state
"All our workers want the family and the party to stay together. Shivapal Singh also wants Akhilesh Yadav to be the chief minister again," said Yadav.
"Akhilesh Yadav will be the next Chief Minister, if party is voted to power. He will be our CM candidate," Shivpal said, according to a leader present at the meeting where delegates were not allowed to carry mobile phones.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday announced Rs 5 lakh financial assistance for parents of each of the policemen who lost their lives in the past one year.
In a disturbing incident, four people were beaten and their private parts were injected with petrol in Uttar Pradesh's Ghaziabad district last week, on suspicion that they stole a mobile phone.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Today in History | October 22, 2016
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Virender Sehwag trolls Pakistan after Indian hockey team's 3-2 win in Asian Champions Trophy
- Regional Connectivity scheme will turn India into third largest aviation market: PM Modi
- 150 Stumpings, 9000 Runs, Most Sixes for a Captain: MS Dhoni on record breaking spree against New Zealand in Mohali
- Simultaneous polls likely in Uttar Pradesh, 4 other states in February-March
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...