A youth from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, who had joined ISIS to fight in Iraq, wants to return home and has contacted his family to facilitate it.
Uttar Pradesh News
A section of Muslim community here has said they will not immerse their tazia in Ganga river in the upcoming Muharram festival and will adhere to the High Court's ban order for immersion of idols and religious items in the river.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday castigated Prime Minister Narendra Modi for allegedly "maintaining a stoic silence" on the Dadri lynching incident for too long when it threatened to snowball into a volatile situation.
Dadri's Bishada village in Uttar Pradesh was on Friday slowly limping back to mormalcy after days of tension over the lynching of a man over rumours of eating beef even as the political blame game continued.
Locals of Bishada village in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri on Friday welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's remarks that Hindus and Muslims should work together to fight poverty than with each other, saying his comments will have "deep impact" in improving situation in the hamlet where a man was lynched to death following rumour of beef eating.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader Shivpal Yadav on Friday derided Bahujan Samajwadi Party supremo Mayawati, saying she is left with no work.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi on Friday decried attempts to "politicise" the Dadri lynching incident and attacked Uttar Pradesh government, saying it was attempting to mislead the people.
Amid intense blame game over the Dadri lynching incident, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Friday said law and order is the prime responsibility of the state.
A video of a naked Dalit family protesting against the alleged inaction of the UP Police in Greater Noida has become viral on social media.
Bharatiya Janata Party's Uttar Pradesh legislator Sangeet Som, who was in news recently for making provocative statements in the aftermath of the Dadri lynching, reportedly bought land for a meat processing unit in Aligarh in 2009.
Mohammad Akhlaq was lynched by a mob for allegedly keeping beef in his house. However, it has now turned out that the meat was mutton, not beef.
Violence marred the first phase of polling of Panchayat Elections underway in Uttar Pradesh with six persons getting injured in separate incidents of firing and brick-batting.
A US-based media watch body has sought thorough investigation into the death of a television journalist in Uttar Pradesh, asking the state authorities to bring perpetrators quickly to justice.
If police would arrest any saint in connection with the violence, then the partymen would court their arrest, they said.
Accusing Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh of doing "appeasement politics", BJP on Thursday dared Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to act against the accused in various crimes and asked Mulayam Singh Yadav to stop making accusations and playing communal politics.
The CBI on Thursday conducted raids in connection with the Rs 954-crore scam pertaining to the Noida authority's former chief engineer Yadav Singh.
Notwithstanding the gruesome lynching of Mohammed Iqlakh over rumours of eating and storing beef, his family has no plans to permanently shift from Bishada where it has lived for five generations, his brother said today as the village held on to fragile peace.
In the backdrop of Dadri lynching case, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu Thursday said the Centre cannot be blamed for "local happenings" and stressed that people especially the younger generation are more interested in development and not in such incidents.
"We want to live like before," Dadri lynching victim Mohammad Iqlakh's eldest brother said today, stressing that the family has no plan to permanently shift out of Bishada village although it may move out for "2-4 months" if required.
Two persons have been arrested here for allegedly spreading rumours on social media sites even as the administration today held peace meetings at the troubled spot to maintain communal harmony following the lynching episode.
Breaking his silence on the Dadri lynching incident, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said that some people are spreading rumours to vitiate the atmosphere in the state.
Campaigning for the first phase of panchayat and BDC elections in the district ended on Friday.
Ten persons, including nine women, were seriously injured when a bus carrying pilgrims overturned in Gopiganj area here.
Two youths were killed when the motorcycle they were riding on collided with a truck in Khairabad area here.
A 50-year-old man and his wife were crushed to death by an unidentified vehicle in Bithari Chainpur are here Thursday.
Family of Mohammed Iqlakh on Wednesday demanded slapping of the National Security Act (NSA) on those accused of lynching him in Dadri, and hearing of the shocking case by a fast-track court, even as they vowed to restore peace in the village since marred by tension.
A local journalists' body has asked the Uttar Pradesh administration to take action against the erring policemen in the next 48 hours for allegedly attacking media persons during the 'Pratikar Yatra' in the city.
An outfit floated by BJP MP Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday offered all possible help "including guns" to the Hindus of Bishada village, as it alleged that they were being hounded following the lynching of Mohammed Iqlakh.
Azam Khan on Wednesday said it is time for the Muslim community to rise and protest against a few Hindutva forces.
Family members of Iqlakh, who was lynched over rumours of alleged beef consumption, have moved to Delhi from Bishada where the administration and police conducted a peace march and held peace committee meetings on Wednesday in an effort to maintain communal harmony.
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- DNA: Analysis of how Arvind Kejriwal used the Dadri incident in his favour
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- US in talks with Pakistan on limiting its nuclear weapons: Report
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- India vs South Africa: Three players MS Dhoni should include for 3rd T20I