A newly married woman lodged an FIR for unnatural sexual offences against her husband and also alleged that she was gangraped by seven persons in Kotwali city, police said.
Uttar Pradesh News
Eight persons were injured in a clash between two groups allegedly over harassment of a woman at Kakroli village in the district, police said today.
Appealing his party workers to start preparations, Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit Singh announced that the party will contest the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls alone.
A 45-year-old woman was electrocuted to death while she switched on a table fan in her house at Kotwali city here, police said.
A village council in Uttar Pradesh has denied allegations that it ordered two young sisters to be raped because their brother eloped with a higher caste woman.
The central trade unions' day-long strike evoked mixed response in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday claimed that the Modi government's 'Smart Cities' project has ignored villages while his administration in Uttar Pradesh is focusing on "planned development of both rural and urban areas".
Ahead of the Janmashtami festival, which marks the birthday of Lord Krishna, elaborate arrangements are being made in the city for hassle free darshan of the principal deity at Sri Krishna Janmasthan.
BJP's Braj area office-bearers today met here to discuss strategies for the upcoming panchayat polls and the 2017 Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
A 15-year-old girl has filed a complaint saying that she was raped by her neighbour in Faridabad.
The Allahabad High Court Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure that the national flag is hoisted at madrassas across the state on Independence Day and Republic Day.
In a bizarre ruling, the all-male Khap Panchayat in Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh has ordered to rape a 23-year-old woman and her 15-year-old minor sister, in order to punish them for their brother's mistake.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday attacked the Congress saying it was "obstructing" passage of important bills in the Parliament as the party did not want to see "progress" of the country.
Twelve policemen and several others were today injured as Physical Education degree holders demanding government jobs in primary and secondary schools of the state indulged in arson and clashed with police which used batons and water canons to quell the protest.
Insects were found in the midday meal served to children in a primary school in Sheetalpur area here following which a complaint has been lodged with the Basic Shiksha Adhikari.
Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday decided to extend free ultrasound facility to patients in government hospitals.
Four persons were today killed and two others injured when a jeep they were traveling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned crossing in Mainpuri district, a police spokesman said here.
Police here have identified 100 such places in the city where road security signages is proposed to be installed to tackle the problems of congestion due to unruly traffic.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav took the ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav-led government and the party MLAs to task by giving them one month's time to "improve" in a bid to gain good results for the Assembly elections in 2017.
Around 18 people were injured in separate incidents of clashes between various groups here.
A case has been filed against Bakshipur village pradhan and his associates for allegedly firing at a tehsildar and his team here, who had gone to investigate election rigging complaint against him.
One person was killed and another was injured when they were allegedly fired at near NTPC crossing here on Sunday evening, police said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to sanction the remaining Rs 4,700 cr of the Rs 7,543 cr- memorandum sent by the Uttar Pradesh government for relief of farmers affected by hailstorm or untimely rains.
Two brothers were injured when they were allegedly beaten up by four persons for resisting eve-teasing of a girl in Barthari village under Bagwala police station here, police said on Sunday.
Four persons were on Saturday killed and around 20 others injured when a mini bus collided with a truck in Kakori area, police said here.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's image was not getting sullied due to potholed roads in his constituency Varanasi as their maintenance was responsibility of the Uttar Pradesh government, Union Minister Piyush Goyal said here on Saturday.
Locals assaulted a policemen and torched a police outpost in protest against death of a youth due to a road accident in Rampur Karkhana area, near Maduwahdeeh village, police said here on Saturday.
Five victims of the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots were beaten up allegedly by some residents of their native village when they went there for some work.
Rising number of youths and teenagers are engaging in cyber crime due to lack of awareness, a top Uttar Pradesh police official said on Friday.
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- 10 trade unions observe nationwide strike
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sheena murder case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea questioned at Khar Police Station
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Top 10 news @7am
- Top 25 news @12 pm
- Sheena murder case: Peter Mukherjea to be questioned today
- Trade union strike hits normal life in Delhi, West Bengal, Mumbai
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- When India came close to striking Pakistan's nuke sites
- Clear stand on Ram Temple: VHP during BJP-RSS coordination meet
- Sheena Bora murder saga: Is 'she' the secret caller who informed Mumbai police?
- 'Rs 25 crore' question: Was Sheena Bora's brother Mikhail blackmailing Indrani Mukerjea?
- OMG! Angelina Jolie's nude pictures go on sale
- Bang-bang time! MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi to play in charity match in London
- OMG! Excessive exposure to porn may make Indian women sex addicts
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case