For the first time after the Lok Sabha polls in 2014, Varanasi will again witness Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal 's presence on the same day. Both the leaders are schedule to visit the city on February 22 on the occasion of Ravidas Jayanti .
Uttar Pradesh News
In a bureucratic reshuffle, the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday transferred 21 IAS officials, including principal secretaries, officials said.
Focusing on the water-scarce Bundelkhand region ahead of the assembly polls next year, the Uttar Pradesh government today allocated over Rs 1,400 crore for it in its 2016-17 annual budget for various projects.
Four members of a family were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here in an 11 year old dowry death case.
The Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna , who returned on Friday morning after almost 36 hours after being kidnapped, has told that her abductors did not harm her and she was treated well.
Almost 36 hours after she went missing on Wednesday night, the Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna on Friday morning reached her home in Ghaziabad .
Two new government engineering colleges – Devipatan, Basti – and a new medical college in Bijnor district will be set up in the next fiscal.
However, despite repeated questionings from media, police and her family remained tight-lipped over the reasons for her disappearance and the circumstances under which she was recovered.
A tiger today attacked and killed a 50-year-old man in a village in Salempur area of Mailani range forests under south Kheri division, a senior Forest official said.
The Assembly today took exception to a violent protest by lawyers in the city yesterday with the state government terming it as a serious issue which should be "condemned" by all.
The Uttar Pradesh government today announced its decision to inject Rs 904.52 crore for drought-hit areas in the state, including backward Bundelkhand, with an eye on the 2017 assembly polls.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi arrived in her parliamentary constituency Rae Bareli on a two-day visit on Thursday.
A woman gram pradhan was shot at and critically injured by two motorcycle-borne assailants in Dhohlda village while she was on her way to home, police said today.
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Thursday blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) for the release of the four accused in the 2013 Muzaffarnagar rape case
Four labourers have died after inhaling smoke inside a pit of a brick kiln in a village here, police said today.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday arrested the two main accused involved with the death of an eight-year-old boy in a celebratory firing in Shamli.
BJP on Wednesday accused Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh of doing a "cover up" of Shamli incident in which a young boy was shot dead and demanded that the state Governor should send an independent report to the Union Home Ministry over the incident.
At least 200 persons on Wednesday were booked by Uttar Pradesh police in connection with celebratory firing incident by Samajwadi Party workers in which an eight-year-old child was killed. The police also announced a cash reward for any information on five absconding accused.
Security of two judges of the Kanpur District Court was beefed up today, after they received letters threatening to kill them if they failed to pay Rs 10 lakh each, police said today.
A 17-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by a man after she resisted his rape attempt in Aurangabad village in Mathura. The man is said to have been stalking her for some time.
Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council was today adjourned for the day after paying tribute to former UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav.
Social activist Shehzaad Poonawalla had made a complaint before the minorities panel seeking action against Rampal Singh Pundir for his inflammatory speech.
A woman from Uttar Pradesh has volunteered to donate a kidney to save the brave soldier.
BSP supremo Mayawati Wednesday accused Samajwadi Party of winning the recent block pramukh and zila panchayat chairman polls in Uttar Pradesh with the help of official machinery and "goonda" elements.
Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad was miraculously rescued from the Siachen Glacier after being buried under 35 feet of snow for six days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi for early release of Rs.4,741 crore from the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) for farmers who suffered hailstorm damage to crops in 2015.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly`s proceedings were disrupted on Tuesday as the opposition raised protests over a boy`s killing in celebratory firing and attack on journalists in Shamli, forcing the adjournment of the house till Wednesday.
'Achhe din' seems to have arrived for the people of PM Narendra Modi's adopted village in Varanasi!
The BJP on Tuesday compared the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh to "Mughal sultanate", stressing lawlessness prevails.
BJP president Amit Shah said the government of PM Narendra Modi had taken the country on the path of dharma (righteousness).
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room