Twelve policemen and several others were today injured as Physical Education degree holders demanding government jobs in primary and secondary schools of the state indulged in arson and clashed with police which used batons and water canons to quell the protest.
Uttar Pradesh News
Insects were found in the midday meal served to children in a primary school in Sheetalpur area here following which a complaint has been lodged with the Basic Shiksha Adhikari.
Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday decided to extend free ultrasound facility to patients in government hospitals.
Four persons were today killed and two others injured when a jeep they were traveling in was hit by a passenger train at an unmanned crossing in Mainpuri district, a police spokesman said here.
Police here have identified 100 such places in the city where road security signages is proposed to be installed to tackle the problems of congestion due to unruly traffic.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav took the ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav-led government and the party MLAs to task by giving them one month's time to "improve" in a bid to gain good results for the Assembly elections in 2017.
Around 18 people were injured in separate incidents of clashes between various groups here.
A case has been filed against Bakshipur village pradhan and his associates for allegedly firing at a tehsildar and his team here, who had gone to investigate election rigging complaint against him.
One person was killed and another was injured when they were allegedly fired at near NTPC crossing here on Sunday evening, police said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to sanction the remaining Rs 4,700 cr of the Rs 7,543 cr- memorandum sent by the Uttar Pradesh government for relief of farmers affected by hailstorm or untimely rains.
Two brothers were injured when they were allegedly beaten up by four persons for resisting eve-teasing of a girl in Barthari village under Bagwala police station here, police said on Sunday.
Four persons were on Saturday killed and around 20 others injured when a mini bus collided with a truck in Kakori area, police said here.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi's image was not getting sullied due to potholed roads in his constituency Varanasi as their maintenance was responsibility of the Uttar Pradesh government, Union Minister Piyush Goyal said here on Saturday.
Locals assaulted a policemen and torched a police outpost in protest against death of a youth due to a road accident in Rampur Karkhana area, near Maduwahdeeh village, police said here on Saturday.
Five victims of the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots were beaten up allegedly by some residents of their native village when they went there for some work.
Rising number of youths and teenagers are engaging in cyber crime due to lack of awareness, a top Uttar Pradesh police official said on Friday.
Union minister Mahesh Sharma on Friday said that the 1,320 MW Khurja power plant at Arnia block here will boost industrial growth in Noida and benefit around a dozen districts in UP.
The Allahabad High Court has ruled that if Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal surrenders before a court in Amethi district within four weeks, no coercive action shall be taken against him till then in a criminal case pending in the lower court.
Tension prevailed in Jansath after a local religious leader's car was allegedly attacked by some people in Muradnagar here, police said on Friday.
Opposing the demand for Jat reservation, the Bhartiya Kisan Sanghathan (BKS) has threatened to boycott Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Sanjeev Balyan for supporting the issue.
A 16 year-old-girl was allegedly raped by three youths when she has gone to collect water from public hand pump at Budhana town in the district, police said on Thursday.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) jawans on Wednesday saved a teenage girl from drowning after she jumped into the Saryu river allegedly in an attempt to take her life.
Private taxi owners roughed up Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) officer when he tried to stop the illegal operation of unauthorised taxis from Faizabad bus depot.
An unidentified body of a 40-year-old woman was today found from Behta Hajipur Railway station here.
In more trouble for suspended IPS officer Amitabh Thakur, UP Lokayukta has recommended registration of an FIR and an inquiry against him by "any agency", including CBI, in disproportionate assets case.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday interacted with Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand and inquired about several issues including progress made by the state in crime and criminal tracking network and system (CCTNS) and road construction.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke to senior administration and police officers of the district through video conferencing and inquired about law and order.
Amid strong protest and walkout by Opposition parties, the Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill that seeks to relax the provisions restricting SCs and STs to sell their land to non-Dalits.
Opposition BSP and BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, accusing the government of not being serious towards preventing the spread of dengue and other vector-borne diseases in the state.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!
- I'm also 100 percent Bihar: 'Avengers' star Mark Ruffalo
- I hated my daughter Sheena Bora because she threatened to reveal my secrets: Indrani Mukerjea
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: How Indrani's four attempts to kill Mikhail failed
- We can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Pakistan's defence minister
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie