A 26-year-old woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Bazaria area here, police said on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh News
With the temperature already touching 45 degrees Celsius in some parts of Uttar Pradesh, the sweltering heat is set to break all past records in the state, weather office has indicated.
Nine bogies of Muri Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh's Kaushambi district on Monday afternoon. Eyewitnesses claimed to have seen at least one dead body on the spot even as reports claimed that tens of others have suffered injuries.
A 30-year-old man committed suicide after killing his wife in Narottampur village under Kahwa police station area here, police said on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address a rally here on Monday to mark the first anniversary of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led NDA Government at the Centre.
A "notorious criminal" was today arrested here for his alleged involvement in several crimes including murder, police said.
Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat with mercury in Allahabad touching 47.7 degrees Celsius which was the hottest in the state.
A criminal, who was absconding for the past 20 years and wanted in five murder cases, was today arrested by the Special Task Force of Uttar Pradesh police from Mainpuri district.
The fear of floods in parts of Uttar Pradesh has emerged with Nepali authorities warning about chances of the bursting of an artificial lake, created after the Kali Gandaki river got blocked by a massive landslide early on Sunday.
The Aligarh Muslim University has ordered a probe into the results of this year's entrance examinations for the MBBS and BDS courses following reports of inconsistencies.
Ahead of Narendra Modi's rally here on May 25, security agencies and district administration have received a message threatening to kill the Prime Minister.
Agitated over Madhya Pradesh not releasing water from Bansagar Dam over Sone river to Uttar Pradesh, state Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav today demanded proper account of spendings on construction of dam and a probe into it.
Taking strong note of alleged encroachment of nearly 500 acres of "valuable" land acquired for India Air Force on Delhi's outskirts, Allahabad High Court has constituted a four-member team to look into the matter.
Terming the Narendra Modi government as a "total failure", senior Uttar Pradesh minister Shivpal Singh Yadav on Saturday alleged that it has neglected the state the most despite the prime minister and several other ministers being elected to the Lok Sabha from here.
His 57-day political sabbatical in unknown land may have made him the butt of many a joke, but for the faithful in Amethi, Rahul Gandhi is a changed man - more accessible and more focused.
Uttar Pradesh government has approved a long-pending proposal to give expensive cars to officials posted in the field.
A 48-year-old private firm employee was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified armed men and one other injured as assailants decamped with the victim's bag containing Rs five lakh, police said on Saturday.
At least five persons, including four minors, were taken ill after Ammonia gas leaked from an ice factory at Kairana town in neighbouring Shamli district, a senior official said on Saturday.
A man was allegedly refrained from touching his mother's body at her funeral by a panchayat of the Valmiki community for "marrying a widow" on the grounds that he had gone against the "rules of the society".
Amid controversy over L K Advani not being invited at a function in the district which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend, the organisers has said the BJP patriarch has not been extended an invitation as he has never been a member of its committee.
President of Meerut College Students' Union was slightly injured after being allegedly shot at in the premises of the institute here on Friday.
A murder accused who masterminded his disappearance by getting himself declared dead was taken note of by the Delhi High Court on Friday which criticised the police Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for indulging in a blame game rather than collectively trying to track him down.
A 15-year-old girl was kidnapped and gang-raped by four persons following which three of them were arrested on Friday in Badaut police station area here, officials said.
Two men allegedly raped a 30-year-old married woman on the pretext of giving her a job in Kankerkheda area in the district, police said on Friday.
Uttar Pradesh government has appointed former Chief Minister ND Tiwari's son Rohit Shekhar as adviser to the state's Transport department.
A bride in Kanpur Dehat district refused to marry the groom after she found out that he was physically handicapped, police said.
Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was buried at Kasba Kithore here.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav here tomorrow amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
The body of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Shahid Manzoor's daughter Abida, who was feared drowned in the Ganga river in Rishikesh, was recovered here on Thursday, 11 days after the mishap.
Photos of a girl were allegedly taken and morphed into obscene pictures at a birthday party and posted on social media, police said on Thursday.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla